PDA

View Full Version : CC Got A Dry Sense Of Humour?

Speedway
20-10-2010, 11:33 AM
From today's Scotsman:

"You only learn things by following an example, by seeing other people doing certain things in terms of how you should be living your life.

"There is a big advantage in that sense in having players from abroad because they give you a different lifestyle and way to play the game. You have got to embrace all of that.

"So, at the moment, it is all about who is already here and each and every single one of them having a right good go at getting into the team."

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-boss-says-youth-is.6590612.jp

Stevie Reid
20-10-2010, 11:35 AM
From today's Scotsman:

"You only learn things by following an example, by seeing other people doing certain things in terms of how you should be living your life.

"There is a big advantage in that sense in having players from abroad because they give you a different lifestyle and way to play the game. You have got to embrace all of that.

"So, at the moment, it is all about who is already here and each and every single one of them having a right good go at getting into the team."

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-boss-says-youth-is.6590612.jp

I just highlighted that quote in the First Impressions thread too.

Andy74
20-10-2010, 12:16 PM
I just highlighted that quote in the First Impressions thread too.

Someone will need to explain to me.

SMAXXA
20-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Brilliant :greengrin I thought exactly the same thing when reading the news at lunchtime :thumbsup:

Hakim Sar
20-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Yogi bingo!!!

'step up tae the plate' and 'puff your chest out' will be next.

Only people that 'really know the game' will understand

GloryGlory
20-10-2010, 12:33 PM

John Hughes was often quoted as saying "...we gave it a right good go..." or something similar. Usually after a numpty performance by his team and a heavy defeat.

Hibee Daz
20-10-2010, 12:48 PM
**** me we are becoming way too analytical, there are only so many terminologies a football manager can use!

Lets just see if his actions speak louder than his words.
Just because he's said something that had vague resemblance to a Yogi quote, doesn't mean he will be a failure like Yogi!:rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
20-10-2010, 12:53 PM
"You have got to embrace all of that."

Is perhaps the wakeup call...

Stevie Reid
20-10-2010, 12:55 PM

I was just pointing out the irony that our new manager has used a phrase which our much maligned previous incumbant used regularly. Nothing sinister with regards to either JH or CC on my part.

Speedway
20-10-2010, 01:00 PM

Fitbaw people ken whit ah'm talkin' aboot.

Hibercelona
20-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Its not what a manager says, its what he does.

Lets get right behind the manager and the team........ full of passengers. :greengrin

Andy74
20-10-2010, 02:07 PM

Ah, now I see :greengrin

Hughes was Scottish, Calderwood is Scottish. We are going to hear a lot of similar things!

Cropley10
20-10-2010, 02:16 PM
**** me we are becoming way too analytical, there are only so many terminologies a football manager can use!

Lets just see if his actions speak louder than his words.
Just because he's said something that had vague resemblance to a Yogi quote, doesn't mean he will be a failure like Yogi!:rolleyes:

Chill....

You're the one reading too much into it me thinks

RoslinInstHibby
20-10-2010, 02:27 PM
:thumbsup:

Hibee Daz
20-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Chill....

You're the one reading too much into it me thinks

:snowman :wink:

TornadoHibby
20-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Ah, now I see :greengrin

Hughes was Scottish, Calderwood is Scottish. We are going to hear a lot of similar things!

I really do hope that we won't! :wink:

A Scottish dialect is one thing but Yogi's very ill advised favourite "phrases" aout what will make the players and the team better I seriously hope not to hear from CC! :cool2:

ronaldo7
20-10-2010, 06:36 PM

Happy Burfday bye ra way:greengrin

Andy74
20-10-2010, 06:43 PM
I really do hope that we won't! :wink:

A Scottish dialect is one thing but Yogi's very ill advised favourite "phrases" aout what will make the players and the team better I seriously hope not to hear from CC! :cool2:

I don't mind hearing them. Hughes was saying the right things. If CC can actually translate it to the pitch that would be ideal.

Mibbes Aye
20-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Hopefully CC will soon be telling us the boys did "ever so well" :agree: :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
20-10-2010, 06:56 PM
as long as he doesnt go on about having a siege mentality then he'll be fine:greengrin

bandylegs_jLeighton
20-10-2010, 07:17 PM
I wonder if CC will decide to start spinning the plates when the transfer window opens...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedway
21-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Happy Burfday bye ra way:greengrin

Thanks, I had a right good burfday and got in aboot mysel'

Banff
21-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Hope he doesnt say his players have ''shown character''!

lyonhibs
21-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Looking forward to CC sprinkling his "wee bit o' gold dust" on a few of our players :greengrin

Sir David Gray
21-10-2010, 10:46 PM
As long as Calderwood doesn't go around saying that he "can't ask anymore of my boys" after another depressing 2-0 defeat to Hamilton or St Johnstone, then he'll be fine. That really used to get my goat.

I wonder if he will say "I've got goals in my team" as well? :wink: