PDA

View Full Version : Ladbrokes Safety bet feature

lyonhibs
19-10-2010, 08:41 PM
As things stand, only Milwall will have let me down on a 5 team accumulator I took out at Ladbrokes.

Serves me right for selecting that 'orrible bunch of scrubbers I guess, but live and learn.

Anyway, is the "Safety Bet" thing something you have to "tick" or ask for in any way, or is it automatic. Has anyone benefitted from it before??

Does anyone (maybe "insider knowledge" :wink:) know how they calculate what to deduct? Is there a minumum number of teams that you accumulator must contain??

Our dear friend Google only gives this http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/press-office/ladbrokes-launch-guaranteed-payout-on-football-accumulators.html
which makes no mention of a minimum number of teams.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

GGTTH

Thanks.

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
19-10-2010, 08:50 PM
You have to select it on the coupon mate. I benefited once, basically got my stake back. it's on the quick slip coupon and when they give yo yor slip back it tells you what you win if all selections are correct, and what you win if one is wrong

lyonhibs
19-10-2010, 09:11 PM
You have to select it on the coupon mate. I benefited once, basically got my stake back. it's on the quick slip coupon and when they give yo yor slip back it tells you what you win if all selections are correct, and what you win if one is wrong

Ahhh, bollocks.

Ach well, note to self: don't bet on Milwall!!!

Dunbar Hibee
20-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Ahhh, bollocks.

The safety bet is pish anyway tbh mate. And yes, dont bet on those 'orrible *****:greengrin

hibsboy90
20-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Does it have to be in shop, or online?

Killiehibbie
20-10-2010, 04:28 PM
New ladbrokes safety net bet. Get one result wrong, still get paid. What a joke. Your stake is split so you do not even get paid full amount on your acca even if you get all correct. If you get one wrong you are still then only paid a fraction of the remaining accumulative odds. DISGRACE

That's what I found on another forum about it. I think it's in shops only, where their margins are even higher than online.

McLon
25-10-2010, 06:16 AM
I see that like me, a few others were duped by this ridiculous 'Safety Net' coupon from Ladbrokes.

I picked up a few coupons as I have a plan I use putting on about 20 lines, normally I get 4 or 5 of them with only one wrong, so I thought Ladbrokes were offering something extra to the punter. With this coupon, I could at least get back my money on an average day.

Reading the small print you realise that they for example , take your tenner, and if you have a 10 match accumulator, they will evenly spread the money over 10 x 9 matches (about 91p a line) and a 10 match rollup (about 91p ) . As long as you only get 9 right, you benefit. Pity the poor sod who gets 10 up though, as you will only get a 10th of the expected full payout.

I also believe that in the event of this, you will not be paid the other 10 x 9 perms as you did not need the 'safety net' so to speak.

What a CON!!!

Whats worse is that they have that loudmouth Kamara advocating this ridiculous bet on the radio just now, with his typical 'shouty' style, it gets on my wick! Then they stick him on the coupon with a bowler hat et al, whats all that about?

He would get excited shouting over a pair of dung beetles fighting over a piece of turd!

Do yourself a favour, avoid this bet at all costs, in fact, I wouldn't trust Ladbrokes again, they are taking advantage of the less informed punter who likes an occasional bet.:grr:

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2010, 06:45 AM
I've not looked at this bet, but, if as above is true - writing out any 9 from 10 & a 10 team acca on a slip would be much better. Edit turns out that there are 45 9 folds needed to cover the 10 teams, so, as stated earlier the bet should be shunned!

H18SScottW
25-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Ahhh, bollocks.

Millwall were one of my SEVEN successes on the same line on Saturday ... unfortunately it was an 8 line and Sheffield Wednesday only drew at home with Bournemouth!!! :grr:

Killiehibbie
25-10-2010, 01:31 PM
I've not looked at this bet, but, if as above is true - writing out any 9 from 10 & a 10 team acca on a slip would be much better. Edit turns out that there are 45 9 folds needed to cover the 10 teams, so, as stated earlier the bet should be shunned!

Any 9 from 10 is 10 bets plus roll up would be 11 bets. 45 bets is any 8 from 10.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Any 9 from 10 is 10 bets plus roll up would be 11 bets. 45 bets is any 8 from 10.Must have misread the chart!