PDA

View Full Version : Next season.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2010, 02:25 PM
With so many players out of contract, and the new manager taking stock of what he has. I'd be pretty disappointed if he kept many of them on. Apart from a couple of them, i hope he lets them all leave, and replaces them with younger hungrier and more importantly better players. Hopefully that wont be too difficult?

Toaods
19-10-2010, 02:44 PM
wouldn't an unofficial link with NUFC pay dividends.....:wink:

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2010, 02:50 PM

Maybe it would, :dunno: although hopefully whoever he brings in will surely be better than this group of under achieving journeymen.

HibbyAndy
19-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Keep Riordan, Brown the goalkeeper, Hart, And the rest im not too fussed, Bin the wasters and slackers, Out with the old and in with the new.

Cropley10
19-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Keep Riordan, Brown the goalkeeper, Hart, And the rest im not too fussed, Bin the wasters and slackers, Out with the old and in with the new.

Keep Zouma, Spoony, Hanlon, Bamba and Galbraith. Blood more of the U19 team too.

FitbaFolkKen
19-10-2010, 03:02 PM

I thought we already had one of them previously.....I remember enjoying the wonders of Brian Kerr and Alan O'Brien....

HibbyAndy
19-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Keep Zouma, Spoony, Hanlon, Bamba and Galbraith. Blood more of the U19 team too.

Id keep Bamba but think its pretty immenent he wants away and will be away in the summer, Love Wee Zoumer but we dont get that much a return from him a season. Yep your right regarding Hanlon and Wotherspoon, Id hold onto these guys too.

ancienthibby
19-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Id keep Bamba but think its pretty immenent he wants away and will be away in the summer, Love Wee Zoumer but we dont get that much a return from him a season. Yep your right regarding Hanlon and Wotherspoon, Id hold onto these guys too.

Key issue is not really the players (and we are sadly lacking in depth!) but man-management. CC does seem to have some qualities in this regard and is a disciplinarian, so won't tolerate prima donnas in the dressing room. Who knows that may now be a better place now that Stokes has left??:devil:

It's not really a question of who leaves (and we are two months away from that anyway) what what he can do to improve the squad as it is, and can he access real quality thereafter.:agree:

stubru59
19-10-2010, 03:12 PM
If I woke up to find the whole lot were gone, it wouldn't stop me sleeping soundly thereafter.

No matter who took up the managers' role, they were always going to have their work cut out with this lot.

Clean sweep, and let us be done with it.

Keith_M
19-10-2010, 04:02 PM

Seems like a waste of time. How much have we actually seen from Zouma in the time he's been here? Don't get me wrong, I realise what he's capable of when he is playing, it's just that we've seen so little of it.

ekhibee
19-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Seems like a waste of time. How much have we actually seen from Zouma in the time he's been here? Don't get me wrong, I realise what he's capable of when he is playing, it's just that we've seen so little of it.
Yep,I agree. Zemmama is a great player at times, with a rare talent for passing when he's in the mood. But really we have seen very little of him in the few years we've had him, and if I was being truthful I'd say he wasn't the most consistent of players either. I totally appreciate that he's had injuries to overcome, but there also seemed to be quite a few occasions when he just didn't perform when he was playing(I can't believe it was just because of cold weather). I never understood him and Benji not playing during Ramadan either,I work beside several devout Muslims, it certainly doesn't stop them from working, but I'm not best placed to judge either way. I sincerely wish the wee fella all the very best, he's really lit ER up at times, and is seemingly a genuinly nice bloke as well, but he's been out for a long, long time now, and I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever see him playing in a Hibs strip ever again.

erin go bragh
19-10-2010, 07:27 PM
id keep riordan,zemmama,spoony,hart,brown,bamba,hanlon, maybe miller.
:taxi the rest

Cropley10
19-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Yep,I agree. Zemmama is a great player at times, with a rare talent for passing when he's in the mood. But really we have seen very little of him in the few years we've had him, and if I was being truthful I'd say he wasn't the most consistent of players either. I totally appreciate that he's had injuries to overcome, but there also seemed to be quite a few occasions when he just didn't perform when he was playing(I can't believe it was just because of cold weather). I never understood him and Benji not playing during Ramadan either,I work beside several devout Muslims, it certainly doesn't stop them from working, but I'm not best placed to judge either way. I sincerely wish the wee fella all the very best, he's really lit ER up at times, and is seemingly a genuinly nice bloke as well, but he's been out for a long, long time now, and I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever see him playing in a Hibs strip ever again.

Zouma can win you a game. Who else do we have that can do that? What do we gain from moving him on? He'll not be highly paid IMO. Yes he's been injured. But he's a player I'll pay to watch.

ionahibby
19-10-2010, 10:03 PM
With so many players out of contract, and the new manager taking stock of what he has. I'd be pretty disappointed if he kept many of them on. Apart from a couple of them, i hope he lets them all leave, and replaces them with younger hungrier and more importantly better players. Hopefully that wont be too difficult?

Thats if calderwood is still in charge of course :greengrin

brydekirk
20-10-2010, 12:19 AM
i think young hanlon will be a good player for us. Wotherspoon had been disapointing lately, but was better last week, may be JH playing him out of position so much affected his confidence.
Would keep Brown, Riorden , Mc bride and Galbraith. The rest OF THE FIRST TEAM can GTF.

yekimevol
20-10-2010, 12:46 AM
i personally think that is one of the things that would make our job appealing, for a new manager the fact that they will be able to create there squad and get rid of players they dont want.

allmodcons
20-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I take you guys are having a laugh with this thread?

Theme appears to be that CC should get rid of 75% - 80% of squad and start again.

Would you suggest he does this in 1 or 2 transfer windows?

He's got a good nucleus if he keeps Brown, Hart, Bamba, Hanlon, Miller, Murray, McBride, Wotherspoon and Riordan.

I'd ask aswell what chance (for one reason or another) have Galbraith, Stephens, and Zemmama had to prove themselves in the last year, and why would he dump Dickoh, Grounds and Trakys when they've only managed 4 starts between the 3 of them.

Get real, if CC comes in and tries to make dramatic changes in a couple of transfer of windows we'll end up like Celtic under Mowbray.

He needs time to see which players are going to play for him and will, no doubt, want to make sure that those who didn't get game time under Hughes (eg - Galbraith) are given a chance to prove themselves.

Big question is, will he get the time he needs?

Cocaine&Caviar
20-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Assuming we need two players for every position, and that Bamba will go, Id want to see next season, in order of preferance:

GK: Brown, Stack
DR: Hart, NEW RB
DL: Murray, Booth
DC: Hanlon, Hogg
DC: NEW CB, Stephens

MR: Zemmama, Wotherspoon
ML: Galbraith, NEW LW
MC: Miller, De Graaf/Welsh
MC: NEW DM, McBride

ST: NEW TM, Nish
CF: Riordan, Byrne

So:

- a new back up right back
- a dominant centre back
- another left winger with pace
- a ball winning centre mid to partner Miller
- a new target man

With Smith, Grounds, Rankin, Dickoh, Thicot, Stevenson (on loan), Duffy, Trakys, Bamba not being around, there should be a bit of room in the wage budget, with 9 players leaving, and only 5 coming in, maybe a bit better quality than those leaving.

And with the likes of Byrne, Currie, Welsh, Booth, Taggart etc getting some games, I'd be confident going into the season.

Hibee Daz
20-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Bamba will definitely be away at the end of the season if not sooner and if the rumours about him being a bad influence are to be believed, then it's better that he goes in Jan.

The players on my axe list would be...........

John Rankin: Lacks technical ability/awareness.

Colin Nish: Everybody knows why!

De Graff: Legs are gone.

Hogg: Lacks positional awareness and has woeful distribution. (2 goals last weekend doesn't change these facts)

Zouma: Too injury prone.

Miller: Only seems to try when it suits him.:tin hat:

McBride: To lightweight very similar to Miller only try's harder!

Stack or Smith: Can't decide but we don't need both!

As for the rest of the squad lets hope CC can get the best out of them and add a better class/variation of player to give us better strength in depth!

I might be wrong, CC might be able to work wonders but I think he need's to make the squad his own, this will however take a good bit of patience and time!

.SeventyFive
20-10-2010, 12:54 PM
id keep riordan,zemmama,spoony,hart,brown,bamba,hanlon, maybe miller.
:taxi the rest

Exactly who I would keep.