PDA

View Full Version : How much compensation will we pay for CC?

Hibbyradge
19-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Does anyone "in the know" or with experience of these things have any idea how much we have to pay Newcastle for Colin Calderwood?

wazoo1875
19-10-2010, 09:25 AM
£5m :dunno:

Future17
19-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Reports said a "3 figure sum" but I assume they meant 6 figures - so at least £100,000.

SMAXXA
19-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Report in the Metro said a 6 figure sum

Hibbyradge
19-10-2010, 10:45 AM
So he wasn't the "cheap option" as some would have us believe.

Good, good.

Wilson
19-10-2010, 10:49 AM
So he wasn't the "cheap option" as some would have us believe.

Good, good.

Surely that depends on the valuation you would place on an expensive option?

He wasn't the cheapest option I'd say.

Hibbyradge
19-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Surely that depends on the valuation you would place on an expensive option?

He wasn't the cheapest option I'd say.

No, I'd be the cheapest option.

The "cheap option" allegation, as you know, is that Petrie will always go for the cheapest, rather than the best.

Paying compensation for Colin Calderwood, when there were loads of experienced managers who we could have picked up for nothing, busts that myth.

As uncomfortable as that may be for Petrie's detractors.

Mibbes Aye
19-10-2010, 11:33 AM
No, I'd be the cheapest option.

The "cheap option" allegation, as you know, is that Petrie will always go for the cheapest, rather than the best.

Paying compensation for Colin Calderwood, when there were loads of experienced managers who we could have picked up for nothing, busts that myth.

As uncomfortable as that may be for Petrie's detractors.

I'd do it cheaper :greengrin

There was a lot of talk on here prior to the appointment from a good few posters, warning against Petrie 'taking the cheap option'.

While not knowing what package he's offered CC it's been enough to attract someone who was assistant manager at a large Premiership club. And he's paid not insubstantial compensation by all accounts.

It certainly strikes me as ambitious.

IWasThere2016
19-10-2010, 11:34 AM
There is often a huge gulf in wages between the manager and his background staff.

I know this is so - or was on the first contract - at Brum for McLeish and Andy Watson.

euro Hibby
19-10-2010, 11:36 AM
agreed , big difference from manager to assistent so I would say the compensation , if anything was acceptable.

Sergey
19-10-2010, 12:10 PM

I'm in wholehearted agreement, Radge.

The fact that the club saw fit in paying compensation to another club for our new gaffer speaks volumes.

The club have spent significant monies in recent seasons in strengthening, not only the squad, but also the infrastructure, and this appointment proves that they are continuing to invest.

Not many other clubs in the SPL tick those boxes.

Hibbyradge
19-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Not many other clubs in the SPL tick those boxes.

Very good point. I hadn't thought about that.

Which SPL clubs actually did pay compensation for their manager?

Yams - Nope. FJK was in the changing room.

Celtic - Nope

Dundee United - Nope

Killie - Nope

Motherwell - Nope

St J's - Nope

ICT - Nope

Hamilton? Mibbes a wee drop.

St Mirren - Mibbes a tiny wee drop.

Aberdeen? Mibbes, but not £100k.

Huns - Aye.

Hakim Sar
20-10-2010, 06:54 AM
I met a friend on the bus who occasionally buys things from the hibs shop who has just started a new job with this lassie that used to go to hibs games when she was little who had been told by someone that the compo figure amounted to £50, an Argos voucher and first pick on Steven Thicot.

Very reliable source. also informed that a condition on the contract for CC is that Rowan Atkinson is to be number 2

Hibbyradge
20-10-2010, 08:18 AM
I met a friend on the bus who occasionally buys things from the hibs shop who has just started a new job with this lassie that used to go to hibs games when she was little who had been told by someone that the compo figure amounted to £50, an Argos voucher and first pick on Steven Thicot.

Very reliable source. also informed that a condition on the contract for CC is that Rowan Atkinson is to be number 2

It's already been stated that we paid a six figure sum, so it must have been £60 at least.

HibeeMG
20-10-2010, 08:38 AM
It's already been stated that we paid a six figure sum, so it must have been £60 at least.

Going by that logic it could've been £6.