PDA

View Full Version : Rooney To Man City

SteveHFC
18-10-2010, 11:28 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-plot-100m-Wayne-Rooney-move-50m-transfer-fee-to-Manchester-United-and-50m-in-wages-to-striker-article604393.html

Lmc2105
18-10-2010, 11:40 PM
if he done that .. some one would try and batter him senseless

money move great .. not putting yer life on the risk though

can't see it happening like Mo Johnson all over again (just not with the signing part) :greengrin

SteveHFC
18-10-2010, 11:41 PM
if he done that .. some one would try and batter him senseless

money move great .. not putting yer life on the risk though

can't see it happening like Mo Johnson all over again (just not with the singing part) :greengrin

Same.

Jones28
18-10-2010, 11:47 PM
***** off Man City

ScottB
19-10-2010, 12:06 AM
This is made up nonsense.

I could see him wanting to escape the media attention, going to City will make that worse not better.

In any case, probably the most over rated footballer in the history of the game.

Wotherspiniesta
19-10-2010, 12:09 AM

I could see him wanting to escape the media attention, going to City will make that worse not better.

In any case, probably the most over rated footballer in the history of the game.

:crazy: Rooney?

Fair enough, his form has been terrible lately, but that's a ridiculous statement! :taxi

Sean1875
19-10-2010, 12:14 AM
rubbish. any big name played linked with a move away will always be linked with city.

NthCarolinaHibs
19-10-2010, 12:16 AM

In any case, probably the most over rated footballer in the history of the game.Agree..him and Michael Owen :yawn:

NOLA
19-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Rooney will never join city, more likely to join Real Madrid, Jose speaks english, rooney does so sometimes:wink:

HibbyAndy
19-10-2010, 05:52 AM
The best song ever is Man City fans singing :singing: Fergie, Sign him up :singing: In reference to the Man U fans pleading for Sir Alex to tie Tevez down on a new contract, How Man u fans must cringe when they here their bitter rivals singing that song.

:tee hee::tee hee:

IWasThere2016
19-10-2010, 06:20 AM
A reported 500k a week - Shrek's daft but no that daft! IMHO he'll be interested!

7Hero
19-10-2010, 06:44 AM
A reported 500k a week - Shrek's daft but no that daft! IMHO he'll be interested!

whats with the daft adverts at the side of some of the posts !!

Tricla
19-10-2010, 07:01 AM

:confused: What a radge thing to say. He's been off the boil lately but is still undoubtedly one of the best in the world.

Next you'll be saying that Deek is pish!

bighairyfaeleith
19-10-2010, 07:07 AM
I'd laugh like **** if he went to man city. I can't stand man utd, and although I have no time for rich sheiks playthings I do think this would be funny!!!

hibiedude
19-10-2010, 07:20 AM
It's all paper talk it will never happen IF Rooney does leave it will be madrid

Ritchie
19-10-2010, 07:23 AM

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

and the ridiculous post of the year award goes to......

Green_one
19-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Moving to City will not happen, supposing a move happens at all.

Papers are no reliable source in these situations.

Basildon Hibs
19-10-2010, 08:34 AM

Nah, you're thinking of Beckham. :bitchy:

Holmesdale Hibs
19-10-2010, 08:36 AM
I can see it happening. Man City will pay more than anyone else and he won't even have to move house. Cannae see him moving abroad and learning another language.

Fergie and the Man U fans must be raging. They pay £25M for him, give him a healthy wage, and his performance levels plummet because he gets caught ****gin a hooker. Fergie tries to help him out by resting him so he goes in the huff and wants away. Another example of the prima dona modern day footballer.

heretoday
19-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Paper talk. Man City don't need Rooney on or off the field.

They have a well disciplined and professional squad of top class players competing for every position in the starting X1.

Rooney's presence would undermine that.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2010, 09:17 AM
No chance.

Rooney and Ferguson will kiss and make up, he will remain at Old Trafford and he will regain his top form.

Sorry City, it's not happening. :bye:

--------
19-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Shouldn't this have an "NHC" tag? Or are we in for him? :rolleyes:

seanraff07
19-10-2010, 09:34 AM

I agree, how many goals has he scored this season.. 1? And it was a penalty.

Rooney being a world class player is just a myth IMO, and some were trying to argue that he's better than Messi.:faf:

calumhibee1
19-10-2010, 09:38 AM
I agree, how many goals has he scored this season.. 1? And it was a penalty.

Rooney being a world class player is just a myth IMO, and some were trying to argue that he's better than Messi.:faf:
Hasn't scored from open play since March. :greengrin He IS overrated - if he wasn't from Britain he wouldn't even be thought of in the top 10 players in the world.

ScottB
19-10-2010, 10:04 AM
:crazy: Rooney?

Fair enough, his form has been terrible lately, but that's a ridiculous statement! :taxi

:confused: What a radge thing to say. He's been off the boil lately but is still undoubtedly one of the best in the world.

Next you'll be saying that Deek is pish!

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

and the ridiculous post of the year award goes to......

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but the English media has mentioned him in the same breath as the likes of Messi and Pele. Utter nonsense if you ask me.

As already mentioned in this thread, how many goals has he scored since March? Didn't he go 2 years without scoring for England? Hardly hall marks of a truly World Class player are they?

Of course he's a talented player, but he's by no means among the top drawer that the English media continually puts him in with. Hence my thinking that he is massively over rated. You can of course still be good while being over rated obviously...

HibbyAndy
19-10-2010, 11:17 AM
No chance.

Rooney and Ferguson will kiss and make up, he will remain at Old Trafford and he will regain his top form.

Like Fergi did with Beckham, Keane and Staam ? Once you fall ot with Fegie yer Tea is well and truly oot :wink:

Rooney is well off IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
19-10-2010, 09:10 PM
No chance.

Still think so?

lyonhibs
19-10-2010, 09:14 PM
No chance.

Aye, cos Fergie has a cracking track record of "kiss and make up" with big players :rolleyes:

I agree, he'll never go to City. Sunny Spain is calling for Fat Wayne and his trollop.

HibbyAndy
19-10-2010, 09:15 PM
I actually think Shrek will never play another game for Man yoo again.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Still think so?

After hearing Ferguson's press conference, I have to say that my confidence has taken a bit of a shattering. :greengrin

I now believe that he has no future at Man Utd and that he will leave by next summer at the latest. However I still maintain that there's no way that he will be sold to Man City.

Danderhall Hibs
19-10-2010, 09:41 PM
After hearing Ferguson's press conference, I have to say that my confidence has taken a bit of a shattering. :greengrin

I now believe that he has no future at Man Utd and that he will leave by next summer at the latest. However I still maintain that there's no way that he will be sold to Man City.

:greengrin Money talks - with the debt they're in and losses they're making they won't be in a position to choose who they take money from.

GhostofBolivar
20-10-2010, 05:11 AM

I feel the 'Tache has been biding his time for just such an opportunity.

PISTOL1875
20-10-2010, 04:52 PM

You mean that you '' hope '' Rooney won't be sold to City.. Rooney up front with Tevez ??

What a front 2 ............

PISTOL1875
20-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Paper talk. Man City don't need Rooney on or off the field.

They have a well disciplined and professional squad of top class players competing for every position in the starting X1.

Rooney's presence would undermine that.

Have you seen Adebayor recently ?? He's garbage.. We only have Tevez putting the ball in the net just now..

Sylar
20-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Have you seen Adebayor recently ?? He's garbage.. We only have Tevez putting the ball in the net just now..

That's what happens when you try and buy a team - you end up with a collection of individuals who don't work as a unit and too many egos take over :agree:

PISTOL1875
20-10-2010, 05:07 PM
That's what happens when you try and buy a team - you end up with a collection of individuals who don't work as a unit and too many egos take over :agree:

Blah blah blah , change the record...

Sylar
20-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Blah blah blah , change the record...

It's a good record though - timeless and still accurate.

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Has anyone else heard we had offered £80m for Rooney, and it had been accepted. Although when the deal was just about to go through, Petrie changed his mind and dropped the offer to £250k :dunno:

PISTOL1875
20-10-2010, 05:28 PM
It's a good record though - timeless and still accurate.

Accurate ?? You think so ??

Take a look at the league table....

Ozyhibby
20-10-2010, 05:34 PM

You can see that down south right enough with Chelsea and Man City really struggling. Or up here with Celtic. Or in Spain with Madrid.:rolleyes:

In Football success is bought. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an :idiot:

Mibbes Aye
20-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Has anyone else heard we had offered £80m for Rooney, and it had been accepted. Although when the deal was just about to go through, Petrie changed his mind and dropped the offer to £250k :dunno:

Rooney had booked into a B+B down by the Links and everything :agree:

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Rooney had booked into a B+B down by the Links and everything :agree:

Yip McKenzie house i believe. :agree:

lapsedhibee
20-10-2010, 06:06 PM

:tsk tsk: Too small.

Haymaker
20-10-2010, 06:11 PM
:tsk tsk: Too small.

Not Hibs class I would say...

Sylar
20-10-2010, 06:42 PM
You can see that down south right enough with Chelsea and Man City really struggling. Or up here with Celtic. Or in Spain with Madrid.:rolleyes:

In Football success is bought. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an :idiot:

Really? All the money that Madrid and Man City have spent in the last 2 seasons - how many trophies have they won? All their spending last season, remind me where Celtic finished in the league?

Chelsea haven't spent big in quite a while and didn't experience success from the off - the team needed time to get to know one another and gel as a unit, instead of individuals.

Of course success is ultimately bought, but overnight purchase/success just doesn't happen. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an :idiot:

NYHibby
20-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Rooney to join LA Galaxy? (http://losangeles.sbnation.com/2010/10/17/1757737/wayne-rooney-to-leave-manchester-united-could-he-join-mls)

Sylar
21-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Accurate ?? You think so ??

Take a look at the league table....

So £325 million buys you second place in the Premiership then (bearing in mind that we're only 8 games in and there's no way they'll stay there)?

PISTOL1875
21-10-2010, 04:57 PM
So £325 million buys you second place in the Premiership then (bearing in mind that we're only 8 games in and there's no way they'll stay there)?

The point is that they ARE working well as a unit..

Sylar
21-10-2010, 07:05 PM
The point is that they ARE working well as a unit..

Aye, but it most certainly didn't happen overnight and they have been cursed by individuals along the way (Adebayor, Robinho, Toure immediately spring to mind).

Don't get me wrong, it's refreshing to see something other than the status quo (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool) I'm just not a fan of the ludicrous spending, though I see the necessary evil to break the "big four" monopoly.