View Full Version : Rooney To Man City

18-10-2010, 11:28 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-plot-100m-Wayne-Rooney-move-50m-transfer-fee-to-Manchester-United-and-50m-in-wages-to-striker-article604393.html

Lmc2105
18-10-2010, 11:40 PM
if he done that .. some one would try and batter him senseless

money move great .. not putting yer life on the risk though

can't see it happening like Mo Johnson all over again (just not with the signing part) :greengrin

18-10-2010, 11:41 PM
if he done that .. some one would try and batter him senseless

money move great .. not putting yer life on the risk though

can't see it happening like Mo Johnson all over again (just not with the singing part) :greengrin

Same.

18-10-2010, 11:47 PM
***** off Man City

19-10-2010, 12:06 AM
This is made up nonsense.

I could see him wanting to escape the media attention, going to City will make that worse not better.

In any case, probably the most over rated footballer in the history of the game.

19-10-2010, 12:09 AM

I could see him wanting to escape the media attention, going to City will make that worse not better.

In any case, probably the most over rated footballer in the history of the game.

:crazy: Rooney?

Fair enough, his form has been terrible lately, but that's a ridiculous statement! :taxi

19-10-2010, 12:14 AM
rubbish. any big name played linked with a move away will always be linked with city.

NthCarolinaHibs
19-10-2010, 12:16 AM

In any case, probably the most over rated footballer in the history of the game.Agree..him and Michael Owen :yawn:

19-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Rooney will never join city, more likely to join Real Madrid, Jose speaks english, rooney does so sometimes:wink:

19-10-2010, 05:52 AM
The best song ever is Man City fans singing :singing: Fergie, Sign him up :singing: In reference to the Man U fans pleading for Sir Alex to tie Tevez down on a new contract, How Man u fans must cringe when they here their bitter rivals singing that song.

:tee hee::tee hee:

19-10-2010, 06:20 AM
A reported 500k a week - Shrek's daft but no that daft! IMHO he'll be interested!

7Hero
19-10-2010, 06:44 AM
A reported 500k a week - Shrek's daft but no that daft! IMHO he'll be interested!

whats with the daft adverts at the side of some of the posts !!

19-10-2010, 07:01 AM

:confused: What a radge thing to say. He's been off the boil lately but is still undoubtedly one of the best in the world.

Next you'll be saying that Deek is pish!

19-10-2010, 07:07 AM
I'd laugh like **** if he went to man city. I can't stand man utd, and although I have no time for rich sheiks playthings I do think this would be funny!!!

19-10-2010, 07:20 AM
It's all paper talk it will never happen IF Rooney does leave it will be madrid

19-10-2010, 07:23 AM

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

and the ridiculous post of the year award goes to......

19-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Moving to City will not happen, supposing a move happens at all.

Papers are no reliable source in these situations.

Basildon Hibs
19-10-2010, 08:34 AM

Nah, you're thinking of Beckham. :bitchy:

19-10-2010, 08:36 AM
I can see it happening. Man City will pay more than anyone else and he won't even have to move house. Cannae see him moving abroad and learning another language.

Fergie and the Man U fans must be raging. They pay £25M for him, give him a healthy wage, and his performance levels plummet because he gets caught ****gin a hooker. Fergie tries to help him out by resting him so he goes in the huff and wants away. Another example of the prima dona modern day footballer.

19-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Paper talk. Man City don't need Rooney on or off the field.

They have a well disciplined and professional squad of top class players competing for every position in the starting X1.

Rooney's presence would undermine that.

19-10-2010, 09:17 AM
No chance.

Rooney and Ferguson will kiss and make up, he will remain at Old Trafford and he will regain his top form.

Sorry City, it's not happening. :bye:

19-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Shouldn't this have an "NHC" tag? Or are we in for him? :rolleyes:

19-10-2010, 09:34 AM

I agree, how many goals has he scored this season.. 1? And it was a penalty.

Rooney being a world class player is just a myth IMO, and some were trying to argue that he's better than Messi.:faf:

19-10-2010, 09:38 AM
I agree, how many goals has he scored this season.. 1? And it was a penalty.

Rooney being a world class player is just a myth IMO, and some were trying to argue that he's better than Messi.:faf:
Hasn't scored from open play since March. :greengrin He IS overrated - if he wasn't from Britain he wouldn't even be thought of in the top 10 players in the world.

19-10-2010, 10:04 AM
:crazy: Rooney?

Fair enough, his form has been terrible lately, but that's a ridiculous statement! :taxi

:confused: What a radge thing to say. He's been off the boil lately but is still undoubtedly one of the best in the world.

Next you'll be saying that Deek is pish!

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

and the ridiculous post of the year award goes to......

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but the English media has mentioned him in the same breath as the likes of Messi and Pele. Utter nonsense if you ask me.

As already mentioned in this thread, how many goals has he scored since March? Didn't he go 2 years without scoring for England? Hardly hall marks of a truly World Class player are they?

Of course he's a talented player, but he's by no means among the top drawer that the English media continually puts him in with. Hence my thinking that he is massively over rated. You can of course still be good while being over rated obviously...

19-10-2010, 11:17 AM
No chance.

Rooney and Ferguson will kiss and make up, he will remain at Old Trafford and he will regain his top form.

Like Fergi did with Beckham, Keane and Staam ? Once you fall ot with Fegie yer Tea is well and truly oot :wink:

Rooney is well off IMO.

19-10-2010, 09:10 PM
No chance.

Still think so?

19-10-2010, 09:14 PM
No chance.

Aye, cos Fergie has a cracking track record of "kiss and make up" with big players :rolleyes:

I agree, he'll never go to City. Sunny Spain is calling for Fat Wayne and his trollop.

19-10-2010, 09:15 PM
I actually think Shrek will never play another game for Man yoo again.

19-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Still think so?

After hearing Ferguson's press conference, I have to say that my confidence has taken a bit of a shattering. :greengrin

I now believe that he has no future at Man Utd and that he will leave by next summer at the latest. However I still maintain that there's no way that he will be sold to Man City.

19-10-2010, 09:41 PM
After hearing Ferguson's press conference, I have to say that my confidence has taken a bit of a shattering. :greengrin

I now believe that he has no future at Man Utd and that he will leave by next summer at the latest. However I still maintain that there's no way that he will be sold to Man City.

:greengrin Money talks - with the debt they're in and losses they're making they won't be in a position to choose who they take money from.

GhostofBolivar
20-10-2010, 05:11 AM

I feel the 'Tache has been biding his time for just such an opportunity.

20-10-2010, 04:52 PM

You mean that you '' hope '' Rooney won't be sold to City.. Rooney up front with Tevez ??

What a front 2 ............

20-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Paper talk. Man City don't need Rooney on or off the field.

They have a well disciplined and professional squad of top class players competing for every position in the starting X1.

Rooney's presence would undermine that.

Have you seen Adebayor recently ?? He's garbage.. We only have Tevez putting the ball in the net just now..

20-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Have you seen Adebayor recently ?? He's garbage.. We only have Tevez putting the ball in the net just now..

That's what happens when you try and buy a team - you end up with a collection of individuals who don't work as a unit and too many egos take over :agree:

20-10-2010, 05:07 PM
That's what happens when you try and buy a team - you end up with a collection of individuals who don't work as a unit and too many egos take over :agree:

Blah blah blah , change the record...

20-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Blah blah blah , change the record...

It's a good record though - timeless and still accurate.

20-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Has anyone else heard we had offered £80m for Rooney, and it had been accepted. Although when the deal was just about to go through, Petrie changed his mind and dropped the offer to £250k :dunno:

20-10-2010, 05:28 PM
It's a good record though - timeless and still accurate.

Accurate ?? You think so ??

Take a look at the league table....

20-10-2010, 05:34 PM

You can see that down south right enough with Chelsea and Man City really struggling. Or up here with Celtic. Or in Spain with Madrid.:rolleyes:

In Football success is bought. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an :idiot:

20-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Has anyone else heard we had offered £80m for Rooney, and it had been accepted. Although when the deal was just about to go through, Petrie changed his mind and dropped the offer to £250k :dunno:

Rooney had booked into a B+B down by the Links and everything :agree:

20-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Rooney had booked into a B+B down by the Links and everything :agree:

Yip McKenzie house i believe. :agree:

20-10-2010, 06:06 PM

:tsk tsk: Too small.

20-10-2010, 06:11 PM
:tsk tsk: Too small.

Not Hibs class I would say...

20-10-2010, 06:42 PM
You can see that down south right enough with Chelsea and Man City really struggling. Or up here with Celtic. Or in Spain with Madrid.:rolleyes:

In Football success is bought. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an :idiot:

Really? All the money that Madrid and Man City have spent in the last 2 seasons - how many trophies have they won? All their spending last season, remind me where Celtic finished in the league?

Chelsea haven't spent big in quite a while and didn't experience success from the off - the team needed time to get to know one another and gel as a unit, instead of individuals.

Of course success is ultimately bought, but overnight purchase/success just doesn't happen. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an :idiot:

NYHibby
20-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Rooney to join LA Galaxy? (http://losangeles.sbnation.com/2010/10/17/1757737/wayne-rooney-to-leave-manchester-united-could-he-join-mls)

21-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Accurate ?? You think so ??

Take a look at the league table....

So £325 million buys you second place in the Premiership then (bearing in mind that we're only 8 games in and there's no way they'll stay there)?

21-10-2010, 04:57 PM
So £325 million buys you second place in the Premiership then (bearing in mind that we're only 8 games in and there's no way they'll stay there)?

The point is that they ARE working well as a unit..

21-10-2010, 07:05 PM
The point is that they ARE working well as a unit..

Aye, but it most certainly didn't happen overnight and they have been cursed by individuals along the way (Adebayor, Robinho, Toure immediately spring to mind).

Don't get me wrong, it's refreshing to see something other than the status quo (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool) I'm just not a fan of the ludicrous spending, though I see the necessary evil to break the "big four" monopoly.