PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood - lets put it into perspective

Hibtastic
18-10-2010, 11:03 PM
I am very excited by Colin Calderwood's appointment. If you put it into perspective, you will see what i mean:

Celtic - Neil Lennon - hardly an inspiring appointment at the time, seems to de doing alright.

Rangers - Walter Smith - for the most part, failed in England, doing well up here.

Dundee Utd - Peter Houston - that would have been the same as us appointing Brian Rice - not very inspiring at all, however he is doing ok.

Motherwell - Craig Brown - who honestly would have been happy appointing Paw Broon prior to him joining Motherwell.

Hearts - Fat Jim was hardly an inspired appointment - he failed in England and didnt do much with his Kilmarnock side either. He is mediocre with Hearts.

Aberdeen - Mark McGhee - the less said the better. Failed mostly everywhere he has been (apart from Motherwell i suppose). He is also an arrogant twat.

Kilmarnock - Mixu - love the guy, dont think Killie fans would have been too overwhelmed when he was appointed. He isnt doing too badly though.

Hamilton - Billy Reid - not doing badly, wouldnt have him at Easter Road though.

St Mirren - Danny Lennon - uninspiring, filled his team full of average players from lower leagues.

St Johnstone - Derek McInnes - Good young manager although dont think their fans would have been that excited when he got appointed.

Inverness CT - Terry Butcher - Don't really know how choochters think so cant comment. He isnt doing too badly though.

My point is that, when you look at that list, there isnt many of them i would take over Colin Calderwood. If you think about experience, contacts, past success, Calderwood would be right up there, so lets get behind the guy. Its time we were positive about our team again - GGTTH!! :thumbsup::agree::greengrin

Manxhibs
18-10-2010, 11:16 PM
I am very excited by Colin Calderwood's appointment. If you put it into perspective, you will see what i mean:

Celtic - Neil Lennon - hardly an inspiring appointment at the time, seems to de doing alright.

Rangers - Walter Smith - for the most part, failed in England, doing well up here.

Dundee Utd - Peter Houston - that would have been the same as us appointing Brian Rice - not very inspiring at all, however he is doing ok.

Motherwell - Craig Brown - who honestly would have been happy appointing Paw Broon prior to him joining Motherwell.

Hearts - Fat Jim was hardly an inspired appointment - he failed in England and didnt do much with his Kilmarnock side either. He is mediocre with Hearts.

Aberdeen - Mark McGhee - the less said the better. Failed mostly everywhere he has been (apart from Motherwell i suppose). He is also an arrogant twat.

Kilmarnock - Mixu - love the guy, dont think Killie fans would have been too overwhelmed when he was appointed. He isnt doing too badly though.

Hamilton - Billy Reid - not doing badly, wouldnt have him at Easter Road though.

St Mirren - Danny Lennon - uninspiring, filled his team full of average players from lower leagues.

St Johnstone - Derek McInnes - Good young manager although dont think their fans would have been that excited when he got appointed.

Inverness CT - Terry Butcher - Don't really know how choochters think so cant comment. He isnt doing too badly though.

My point is that, when you look at that list, there isnt many of them i would take over Colin Calderwood. If you think about experience, contacts, past success, Calderwood would be right up there, so lets get behind the guy. Its time we were positive about our team again - GGTTH!! :thumbsup::agree::greengrin

Well said that man :top marks