PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hogg (again)

Matty_Jack04
18-10-2010, 07:57 PM
I read something in the paper today (metro) and it quoted our captain and goalscoring hero chris Hogg.

' I was asked about playing right back, I was happy I told alistair id play upfront in goals, anywhere I just want to get back in and help the team turn around results'

I have given hoggy a fair amount of stick over the last wee while ( some deserved) on that quote alone Sir I apologise, If only there where more attitudes like that in our dressing room.

Leithenhibby
18-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Far, Far too many players getting stick :agree: It makes me wonder how would I react if I got that p!sh every week.... Can't be much fun and is a million light years form constructive.. :rolleyes:

Make no mistake, I've giving some of them it tight also. But, like Hogg, I'm a new man :greengrin

MrRobot
18-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Think it needs to be a new start for Hogg.

Dunno his exact quote but it seemed he was happy Yogi was gone. His 2nd goal on Saturday was fantastic, learning from big Jonesy! :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
18-10-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm not entirely sure whether the savoir-faire to give a journo an appealing soundbite is enough to convince me that Hogg's somewhat sensitive confidence-levels have been restored to PoTY standards that we all know he is capable of.

Once his defensive snoozing and "mixed" (being polite......) distribution improve, I'll be much happier. Having a manager who doesn't stand on the touchline with his cheeks an advanced shade of puce micro-managing everything at about 130 decibels may well help him - and others - with this.

--------
18-10-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm not entirely sure whether the savoir-faire to give a journo an appealing soundbite is enough to convince me that Hogg's somewhat sensitive confidence-levels have been restored to PoTY standards that we all know he is capable of.

Once his defensive snoozing and "mixed" (being polite......) distribution improve, I'll be much happier. Having a manager who doesn't stand on the touchline with his cheeks an advanced shade of puce micro-managing everything at about 130 decibels may well help him - and others - with this.

I think I'd play him in midfield, in the Bob Malcolm role.

(After all, we've failed again and again to sign the Great Man himself....)

Seriously, play Brown in goals, a standard back four (Hart-Bamba-Hanlon-Murray) with Hoggy in front of the centre-backs and 3 or 4 playing in front of him depending on who we're playing - say Wotherspoon-McBride-Miller. Nish and Deek up front - sorted!

Now why didn't I apply for the job while it was still going?

Never mind - there's always next year (as the actress said to the bishop). :wink:

MrRobot
18-10-2010, 08:52 PM
I think I'd play him in midfield, in the Bob Malcolm role.

(After all, we've failed again and again to sign the Great Man himself....)

Seriously, play Brown in goals, a standard back four (Hart-Bamba-Hanlon-Murray) with Hoggy in front of the centre-backs and 3 or 4 playing in front of him depending on who we're playing - say Wotherspoon-McBride-Miller. Nish and Deek up front - sorted!

Now why didn't I apply for the job while it was still going?

Never mind - there's always next year (as the actress said to the bishop). :wink:

I went down to ER a few years back and got to watch the team train(John Collins, great guy :wink:) and they were playing small sized games. Hogg was tearing through the middle, ripped a good couple of players, making good runs through with the ball :agree: looked pretty decent in that role.