PDA

View Full Version : That penalty decision Celtic v Dundee utd

blueisthecolour
18-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Take away the ref changing his mind, who was it a penalty or not?

The reason I ask on here and not a rangers board is I want views without the blue tinted specs, I thought the keeper got the ball and it wasn't a pen whats your views.

Hibs Class
18-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Given how quickly you sniffed out the thread on Naismith's goal celebration I assume you have already seen this?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?195172-Dougie-McDonald-and-Assistants-take-a-bow.

blueisthecolour
18-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Given how quickly you sniffed out the thread on Naismith's goal celebration I assume you have already seen this?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?195172-Dougie-McDonald-and-Assistants-take-a-bow.

I hadn't seen this, so thanks

snooky
18-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Never mind the pen, how bad is the United centre half?
Is that Kenneth? What a paling stab.

(((Fergus)))
18-10-2010, 06:01 PM
definitely a penalty. officials acting with 'dignity' as always.

Ollie Reed
18-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Didn't think it was a penalty but thought they should have had one for a Severin handball.

discman
18-10-2010, 06:14 PM
definitely a penalty. officials acting with 'dignity' as always.

Thought so intially,however da goalie definately got loads of contact before taking the player out : ) Thought it was a good decision, maybe a trend,bit more flexibility,

cant be bad,if it had happened to us I would have been delighted. Dont understand how Lennon didnt get booked, nose to nose with 4th official,incan****indescnt,should of been off to the stand! :cool2:

clerriehibs
18-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Take away the ref changing his mind, who was it a penalty or not?

The reason I ask on here and not a rangers board is I want views without the blue tinted specs, I thought the keeper got the ball and it wasn't a pen whats your views.

Would you still have thought so had you dropped two points, tho' ... :rolleyes:

Hibee Daz
18-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Sorry, but who gives flying monkeys chuff about any other SPL team's refereeing decisions!
The Mighty Cabbage have a new manager the futures bright, the futures Green & White.
:notworthy:

TRC
18-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Took the man then the ball so it's a pen IMO. Still always nice to see the O.F getting treated with a bit of what has happened to every other SPL club over the yeas. as your asking about that decision what did you think of McGregor getting done for kicking the Dons player. I saw uncle Walter spat the dummy out!

blueisthecolour
18-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Would you still have thought so had you dropped two points, tho' ... :rolleyes:

Had who dropped 2 pts?, don't think my team were worrying about dropping pts, we had an early scare but 2nd half was comfortable.

lyonhibs
18-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Had who dropped 2 pts?, don't think my team were worrying about dropping pts, we had an early scare but 2nd half was comfortable.

It's very, very close that penalty call. Must be milliseconds between him touching the ball then clearing out Hooper.

If that had been a Hibs striker felled, I'd be absolutely spewing (if it had cost us points that is)

blueisthecolour
18-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Took the man then the ball so it's a pen IMO. Still always nice to see the O.F getting treated with a bit of what has happened to every other SPL club over the yeas. as your asking about that decision what did you think of McGregor getting done for kicking the Dons player. I saw uncle Walter spat the dummy up!

I have posted about this before, the dummy was spat out as you say as the decision was taken nearly 2 weeks after the incident happened yet there was nothing said about youngs stamp on big lee in the same game, An incident with a st johnston player was dealt with within a couple of days although it happened on the same days as the aberdeen game.

I think AM was silly to do what he did and it was only a matter of time until he was pulled for it.

clerriehibs
18-10-2010, 07:21 PM

you're a tim, admit it ...

new malkyhib
18-10-2010, 07:46 PM
I have posted about this before, the dummy was spat out as you say as the decision was taken nearly 2 weeks after the incident happened yet there was nothing said about youngs stamp on big lee in the same game, An incident with a st johnston player was dealt with within a couple of days although it happened on the same days as the aberdeen game.

I think AM was silly to do what he did and it was only a matter of time until he was pulled for it.

Remind me, was he "pulled" for his shameful play-acting at Easter Road when he tried to get Riordan sent off?

Why don't you post that on follow follow and see how long you last?

madabouthibs
18-10-2010, 07:53 PM
I'd say the "challenge" from Garry Kenneth a second before the keeper incident was more a penalty. I think the Ref played the advantage rule there.....

blueisthecolour
18-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Remind me, was he "pulled" for his shameful play-acting at Easter Road when he tried to get Riordan sent off?

Why don't you post that on follow follow and see how long you last?

No he wasn't and as ive said it was only a matter of time, but its the way he was pulled that is the problem, nearly 2 weeks after the incident, why did it take this long?

Diclonius
18-10-2010, 07:57 PM
It wasn't a penalty. Judging from the highlights however, the ref didn't give at least two other clear penalties for Celtic. :rolleyes:

blueisthecolour
18-10-2010, 08:25 PM
It wasn't a penalty. Judging from the highlights however, the ref didn't give at least two other clear penalties for Celtic. :rolleyes:

The reason I asked if people thought it was a pen was if they didn't, should the ref be congratulated for putting his hands up about his mistake, I think he should be it must have taken some balls to do that, but on the radio stations in glasgow they were slating him for it.

HibeePaj
18-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Interesting nobody in the press has brought up the fact that this happend lst month in OUR cup game versus killie..

Bamba brought down Sammon in the box , ref gave a penalty.. 4th Official said otherwise and after 3-4 minutes ref decided it was a corner. MUCH TO THE DELIGHT OF THE AWAY SUPPORT :agree:

However, I do think that its ludicrous that a 4th official can change a referee's mind. unless the ref has missed something drastic, or didnt see it, how the 4th official (who is twice the distance away) can overrule a penalty decision is beyond me!

Paget

blueisthecolour
18-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Interesting nobody in the press has brought up the fact that this happend lst month in OUR cup game versus killie..

Bamba brought down Sammon in the box , ref gave a penalty.. 4th Official said otherwise and after 3-4 minutes ref decided it was a corner. MUCH TO THE DELIGHT OF THE AWAY SUPPORT :agree:

However, I do think that its ludicrous that a 4th official can change a referee's mind. unless the ref has missed something drastic, or didnt see it, how the 4th official (who is twice the distance away) can overrule a penalty decision is beyond me!

Paget

It was mentioned tonight on the radio, celtic fan phones up and says it's always us, nothing like this happens to anyone else, the female on Radio clyde says it happened to killie the other week.

blueisthecolour
18-10-2010, 09:23 PM

Paget

But if he is found to be correct surely that justify's the decision

HibeePaj
18-10-2010, 09:32 PM
But if he is found to be correct surely that justify's the decision

Well to be honest, it can only question the standard of our referees. I also think that it is another argument for video technology something which i think IS the only answer to these refereeing arguments.

blueisthecolour
18-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Well to be honest, it can only question the standard of our referees. I also think that it is another argument for video technology something which i think IS the only answer to these refereeing arguments.

I know what your saying but sometimes you see an incident on tv from one angle and you think terrible decision then you see it from another angle and opinions change, it could be the assistant is in the better position to judge, but your correct the only way for this to be sorted out is video technology.

HibeePaj
18-10-2010, 09:59 PM
I know what your saying but sometimes you see an incident on tv from one angle and you think terrible decision then you see it from another angle and opinions change, it could be the assistant is in the better position to judge, but your correct the only way for this to be sorted out is video technology.

yeah thats a fair point, but even then the referee has seen what he beleives to be a penalty and the 4th official has seen what he beleives isnt a penalty,,, should it not be the referees decision?

blueisthecolour
18-10-2010, 10:07 PM
yeah thats a fair point, but even then the referee has seen what he beleives to be a penalty and the 4th official has seen what he beleives isnt a penalty,,, should it not be the referees decision?

Yes it should, that was my next point, what if the ref changed his mind and this was the wrong decision, thats why I think the ref on sunday showed balls in changing his decision.