PDA

View Full Version : Lets Make One Thing Clear!

HIBERNIAN 1875
18-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Lets get behind the new man in charge, don't criticise him before a ball has even been kicked, and look ahead to Saturday's crucial match at Pittodrie! :agree:

fishybeaver
18-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Wise words!!!!:top marks

bighairyfaeleith
18-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Absolutely, as long as it's not tangoman:greengrin

sesoim
18-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Absolutely, as long as it's not tangoman:greengrin

I'd MUCH rather have him than the other Calderwood. At least he has proven he is a good manager.

bod
18-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Lets get behind the new man in charge, don't criticise him before a ball has even been kicked, and look ahead to Saturday's crucial match at Pittodrie! :agree:

depends on who it is

sesoim
18-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Fair enough. But if we do make a ridiculous choice like Colin Calderwood, I'll be gunning for Petrie if everything goes tits up as is highly likely.

Sprouleflyer
18-10-2010, 03:38 PM

:agree: But.........Boooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Good, got that out of my system!!!!!!

Makaveli
18-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Criticising the new manager isn't the same as criticising his appointment.

Plenty of Hibbies won't be happy if it's Calderwood, so why pretend to be?

Andy74
18-10-2010, 03:44 PM
It's hilarious.

It's not like any one manager would be guaranteed to do anyhting.

Have we not learned that what we think about these guys and what they can manage to produce out in the park are totally different things?

You've got people lining up already talking about comments Calderwood has made in the past and it might not even be him.

I reckon this time we need to shut it and get on with it or we will make sure whoever it is fails. The new guy ain't going anywhere for a while.

Jonnyboy
18-10-2010, 05:24 PM
It's hilarious.

Have we not learned that what we think about these guys and what they can manage to produce out in the park are totally different things?

You've got people lining up already talking about comments Calderwood has made in the past and it might not even be him.

I reckon this time we need to shut it and get on with it or we will make sure whoever it is fails. The new guy ain't going anywhere for a while.

Just to think Andy we could have had a man who's coached with an EPL side and knows the English scene inside out and what did we get???? Oh aye we got a a man who's coached with an EPL side and knows the English scene inside out. Sadly, some folk are never happy

jdships
18-10-2010, 06:12 PM
It's hilarious.

:top marks

sesoim
18-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Just to think Andy we could have had a man who's coached with an EPL side and knows the English scene inside out and what did we get???? Oh aye we got a a man who's coached with an EPL side and knows the English scene inside out. Sadly, some folk are never happy

There were better cheaper options available. Have a look at what Notts Forest fans think about him and his style of football. We may have just employed Alex Miller mark 2.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Dunno why folks were getting excited about Clarke - contacts (but would they have come here? Probably just a frustrating experience for all) did he have his badges (what ever they mean) untested as a manager could have been another Mowbray?
One thing is clear if we and the board have
learned anything then when things get a bit
wobbly we must hold the nerve. the vision
should be laid out once again (maybe we need 6
monthly updates wrt the vision).
We need t think of the bigger picture and take the initial crap that may accompany the laying of the foundations but persevere. If we don't I fear we will just be left with perpetually perseveringly with the crap because no one has the bottle to see us break on through to the other side.
Bring on the jambos ggtth!

Spike Mandela
18-10-2010, 06:27 PM
It's hilarious.

Blah, blah, blah. If we'd appointed Ann Widdecombe you would have posted the same message with a different name.

You are always going to get debate on here about managerial appointments, player signings etc etc

One thing we all agree on is wanting Hibs to do well but the beauty of a messageboard is all the different opinions on how to acheive this.

If you don't like it don't go on a fan's messageboard

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2010, 07:12 PM
There were better cheaper options available. Have a look at what Notts Forest fans think about him and his style of football. We may have just employed Alex Miller mark 2.

Who were these better cheaper options? How much is Calderwood on? How much were these cheaper options wanting?

Broken Gnome
18-10-2010, 07:18 PM
To a large degree, we all wanted Collins, Mixu and Hughes. Within a short space of time, we wanted rid of them all. Our management intuition is frankly rotten, so quite why we're getting worked up about this is beyond me. Yes it might be ever so slightly underwhelming to some, but the more popular figures have ultimately failed. Why shouldn't Colin Calderwood work?

Gatecrasher
18-10-2010, 07:24 PM
CALDERWOOD'S, GREEN AND WHITE ARMY!!!!!!

:notworthy::flag::saltireflag:flag::notworthy:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2010, 07:29 PM
To a large degree, we all wanted Collins, Mixu and Hughes. Within a short space of time, we wanted rid of them all. Our management intuition is frankly rotten, so quite why we're getting worked up about this is beyond me. Yes it might be ever so slightly underwhelming to some, but the more popular figures have ultimately failed. Why shouldn't Colin Calderwood work?

:agree: As usual some folk wanted someone different so this ones not good enough. For once i just wish we could all get behind the manager and the club, and all pull together in the same direction. We need another SUABC theme again or something similar.

Jonnyboy
18-10-2010, 07:43 PM

Key word I reckon. I'm not going to judge CC on things gone by but I will judge him on what he does from today onwards. Oh aye and please don't mention AM again ........ I still suffer from nightmares :greengrin

skipster7
18-10-2010, 10:18 PM
old lexo gets a raw deal on here imo,5 of his regular starters -Mickey Weir,Pat Mcginlay, Micheal O'neil, Kevin Mcallister, Keith Wright & Darren Jackson.hardly boring and would walk into most of the hibs teams in the last 20 years:confused:

Mixu62
18-10-2010, 11:15 PM

Agreed. i'll admit that when we appointed Tony Mowbray I wasn't exactly excited and look how that turned out. CC's CV is probably better than TM's was at the time.

sesoim
18-10-2011, 05:49 PM
:hmmm: A year ago today. Looks like I was right again, unfortunately for us.

Wotherspiniesta
18-10-2011, 05:55 PM

Congratulations. What do you want? A freaking medal? :rolleyes:

The_Todd
18-10-2011, 06:17 PM
People love a good old fashioned "told you so" don't they?

Hainan Hibs
18-10-2011, 06:19 PM
When I hovered the mouse over the title of the thread and read "new man" I got my hopes up CC had left the building:boo hoo:

FitbaFolkKen
18-10-2011, 06:22 PM
I got all excited there seeing this thread title.......then I was sadly let down by a point scoring excercise from a doom and gloomer!

I'd prefer he fixed it but doesn't look like it's going to happen :taxi

hibbill2002
18-10-2011, 06:23 PM
People love a good old fashioned "told you so" don't they?
Who told you that?:greengrin

hibsbollah
18-10-2011, 06:24 PM
:hmmm: Looks like I was right again :worthy:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2011, 06:27 PM

Sadly you were bang on the money. :agree:

Beefster
18-10-2011, 08:07 PM

Still hankering for Jimmy Calderwood to take over? It's surprising that no other club has snapped him up.

HibsMax
18-10-2011, 08:23 PM
I'll bring up this thread again in January, just after Hibs have taken sole possession of the SPL #1 spot. :D

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Tuh huh! as someone i was once friendly with used to utter all too often!

Liberal Hibby
18-10-2011, 09:28 PM

I think you're comparison with Alex Miller is entirely wrong. He would have sorted out the defence, made us hard to beat, got the players playing to a system for 90 mins (rather than one half) and got us competing at the right end of the league. Oh and a cup run or two.

keep the faith
18-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Still hankering for Jimmy Calderwood to take over? It's surprising that no other club has snapped him up.

Indeed. I was listening to that trumpet on the radio on Saturday desperately touting himself for a job and was actually glad we had cc!!

R'Albin
19-10-2011, 03:09 AM

Wow, bet you feel great right now don't you:rolleyes:

Honestly, I think some people are desperate for us to fail, just so they can say "I told you so" when we do.

flash
19-10-2011, 05:56 AM
Why shouldnt he bring it up? He was shot down in flames at the time.

As for jimmy calderwood not my first choice but wish we had got him now.

hibsbollah
19-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Why shouldnt he bring it up? He was shot down in flames at the time.As for jimmy calderwood not my first choice but wish we had got him now. Because its not very...classy, for want of a better word.Its not as if he was right, anyway. CC isnt 'Alex Miller Mark 2', hes faaar worse than that :wink:

The Falcon
19-10-2011, 06:59 AM

Perhaps you should take over?

flash
19-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Because its not very...classy, for want of a better word.Its not as if he was right, anyway. CC isnt 'Alex Miller Mark 2', hes faaar worse than that :wink:

Aye more of a Duff Jimmy reincarnation.

The Falcon
19-10-2011, 07:29 AM
I think you're comparison with Alex Miller is entirely wrong. He would have sorted out the defence, made us hard to beat, got the players playing to a system for 90 mins (rather than one half) and got us competing at the right end of the league. Oh and a cup run or two.

But then he would still have claimed to be right as he would then have said we werent exciting enough.

Attention Seeking Behaviour if you ask me....

R'Albin
19-10-2011, 08:21 AM
But then he would still have claimed to be right as he would then have said we werent exciting enough.

Attention Seeking Behaviour if you ask me....

:agree:

Stevie Reid
19-10-2011, 10:47 AM
If only he had been Lexo mark II...

Phil D. Rolls
19-10-2011, 01:23 PM
I'd MUCH rather have him than the other Calderwood. At least he has proven he is a good manager.

Yes, he's proved that he spends a fortune and beggars off leaving his previous club in a mess.