PDA

View Full Version : David Stephens

MrSmith
17-10-2010, 04:21 PM
What has happened to this lad? He came on against Motherwell and played very well.

At The Edge
17-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Came on against Celtic at Parkhead a few weeks ago, i'm guessing with the current transition period hes not really in the picture at the moment with AS and GE just looking to get points on the board and get a bit of stability into the team. i'm sure he will get his chance to impress soon when the new boss takes over

MrSmith
17-10-2010, 04:50 PM
I hope so.

Did you go to the gig last night?

500miles
17-10-2010, 04:59 PM
He's only 18, he's got a lot to learn, and Hanlon is currently ahead of him in the pecking order. I wouldn't be rushing an 18 year old into the team, when he's playing next to a 20 year old.

He played well against Motherwell because he has good attributes, good basic ability, and his job was very simple. Motherwell had started slinging long balls into our defence, and he just had to nod them away for the last 15 or so minutes.

Ask him to go out there and think for himself - that's when you start getting mistakes from young defenders, and we can't afford that at the moment. He'll get his chance as the season goes on - he probably a bit ahead of most players his age, and injuries etc. to the older players will allow him to make a case for his inclusion.

cockneymike
17-10-2010, 05:30 PM
I also think that he was signed with the expectation that bamba would be sold. Thereby freeing up a jersey to be fought for. The fact that bamba hasn't left means we now have 5 CHs: bamba, hogg, dickoh, hanlon and stephens and 3 LBs: grounds, murray and stevenson. Not to mention moyes and booth out on loan!

alex74
17-10-2010, 05:37 PM
I also think that he was signed with the expectation that bamba would be sold. Thereby freeing up a jersey to be fought for. The fact that bamba hasn't left means we now have 5 CHs: bamba, hogg, dickoh, hanlon and stephens and 3 LBs: grounds, murray and stevenson. Not to mention moyes and booth out on loan!He and hanlon could be the new partnership maybe see more of him when the new manager comes in also impressed with hanlon yesterday playing in his right position hes only goin to get better hopefully we dont see him at left back again.

At The Edge
17-10-2010, 05:52 PM
I hope so.

Did you go to the gig last night?

nah i just saw them in March at their usual St Paddy's day gig in the Barras, i'll wait until next year before i go again as its their 20th anniversary St Paddy's day gig at the Barras.
should be good! :thumbsup:

brydekirk
18-10-2010, 01:20 AM
Came on against Celtic at Parkhead a few weeks ago, i'm guessing with the current transition period hes not really in the picture at the moment with AS and GE just looking to get points on the board and get a bit of stability into the team. i'm sure he will get his chance to impress soon when the new boss takes over

he made the bench. they must rate him

cannastar
18-10-2010, 05:42 AM
im going out on a limb here but each time iv saw him play he has impressed me in all he has done and i believe he will become a great player for us in the near future.for a tall laddie he looked to have a great touch on the ground and was able to look up and play a pass rather than just hoof it up the park.unfortunately and inevitabely i could also see him being snapped up after he has established himself.lets hope he does fulfill his potential and adds a solid presence in our central defence alongside paul hanlon as i believe this could prove to be our best pairing in years if given a regular run together.:wink: