PDA

View Full Version : NHC Liverpool...

--------
17-10-2010, 02:13 PM
... are currently losing 2-0 to Everton...

... and if it stays this way, they'll be second bottom of the EPL.

I assume the government will be expected to provide a rescue passage to prevent an epidemic of suicide by self-pity?

jdships
17-10-2010, 02:18 PM

I assume the government will be expected to provide a rescue passage to prevent an epidemic of suicide by self-pity?

:yawn:
They are in that position simply because they deserve to be .
Have you ever been to Annfield or Liverpool for that matter ?
Great club and a great city with great people be they red or blue

Phil MaGlass
17-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Excellent 2-0, Everton fans earlier, singing, going down, going down, going down ing.Commentator says Liverpool slink away.GIRFUY,s

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Excellent 2-0, Everton fans earlier, singing, going down, going down, going down ing.Commentator says Liverpool slink away.GIRFUY,s

Stupid scousers, imagine getting a song that easy so wrong?

Ah edited too quick for me.

Sir David Gray
17-10-2010, 02:36 PM
:faf: :faf: :faf:

I hope West Ham start picking up some points soon and send that lot right to the very bottom. :thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
17-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Liverpool will win the league next year.:wink:

:hilarious

Dashing Bob S
17-10-2010, 02:57 PM
:hilarious

He meant the championship.

fatbloke
17-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Liverpool will win the league next year.:wink:

any team with Skrtel, Carragher and Kyrgkiakos (sp) in their defence will win absolutely nowt. But I am sure all these scousers with their wonderful sense of humour will find it all hilarious.

BroxburnHibee
17-10-2010, 03:03 PM
A pint on it?... After I've detoxed after consuming all my Maka bet winnings?:greengrin

:greengrin

No problem

Will you remember the bet though? :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
17-10-2010, 03:07 PM

You can't say that, you really can't. I mean look what happened to Boris, what was it he said, "the only thing that the Scousers were unhappy about with the Lockerbie bombing, was that it didn't land on them and give them something else to whinge about".

No, that was someone else. Which just goes to show you, everyone has it in for Liverpool. So it's not fair to have a go at them, even if they have been through all this American businessman stuff before.

Let's face it, if they've already been shafted by the Yanks, they're hardly going to be so stupid as to fall for it twice. Or is that how big clubs operate?

I went to Liverpool once, a very unique city, with the warmest people you can meet. At least I think that's what they were trying to tell me.

John Lennon was from Liverpool, and he couldn't wait to leave. No, wait a minute, that can't be right can it?

:duck:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MaQIPwgVYLA/S0tppjCKOPI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/_wH9bEPn_Pc/s400/stirring-the-pot.jpg

Sir David Gray
17-10-2010, 03:07 PM
He meant the championship.

:boo hoo: That was going to be my line, Bob!

Although with the way they're playing just now, I wouldn't even be too sure that they would win the Championship.

Thecat23
17-10-2010, 03:41 PM

I hope West Ham start picking up some points soon and send that lot right to the very bottom. :thumbsup:

As a West Ham fan (2nd behind the Hibs of course) I also hope the same :greengrin but i'd just be happy to get out the bottom 3.

Gettin' Auld
17-10-2010, 03:56 PM
They are in that position simply because they deserve to be .
Have you ever been to Annfield or Liverpool for that matter ?
Actually it's called Anfield......

KerPlunk
17-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Actually it's called Anfield......

Naw it's no'..........

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad284/Florentine_Pogen/ThisIsAField.jpg

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-10-2010, 04:12 PM

That's a matter of opinion mate

BroxburnHibee
17-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Sin dudo:agree:

I'll assume you meant sin duda. :wink:

_hucks_
17-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Why all the prejudice against Liverpool as a city, and in general scousers? I think its a great place and have made many good friends in my time here.

Phil D. Rolls
17-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Why all the prejudice against Liverpool as a city, and in general scousers? I think its a great place and have made many good friends in my time here.

No prejudice , they are just so easy to wind up. :greengrin

--------
17-10-2010, 04:52 PM
You can't say that, you really can't. I mean look what happened to Boris, what was it he said, "the only thing that the Scousers were unhappy about with the Lockerbie bombing, was that it didn't land on them and give them something else to whinge about".

No, that was someone else. Which just goes to show you, everyone has it in for Liverpool. So it's not fair to have a go at them, even if they have been through all this American businessman stuff before.

Let's face it, if they've already been shafted by the Yanks, they're hardly going to be so stupid as to fall for it twice. Or is that how big clubs operate?

I went to Liverpool once, a very unique city, with the warmest people you can meet. At least I think that's what they were trying to tell me.

John Lennon was from Liverpool, and he couldn't wait to leave. No, wait a minute, that can't be right can it?

:duck:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MaQIPwgVYLA/S0tppjCKOPI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/_wH9bEPn_Pc/s400/stirring-the-pot.jpg

Oh yes, Lennon and McCartney - a right pair of posers. Another reason I don't like the place.

The only thing I disagreed with Boris about was his apology. :rolleyes:

Edit: Actually, it's not that i dislike the place as such. Just the FC and the Beatles and Jimmy Tarbuck and the general SuperScouse routine.

I quite like Everton.

tooley
17-10-2010, 04:58 PM

:thumbsup::faf::faf::faf::angeldevil

_hucks_
17-10-2010, 04:58 PM
No prejudice , they are just so easy to wind up. :greengrin

Dunno though, I don't think that that is right. Generally, scouse folks are good natured, able to take a joke and up for a laugh, but if you are able to offend them, then by god you've done it and they'll stay offended permanently (a la the Sun printing all that muck about them). Its just an image thats been built up about them that only really seems to be reinforced by people all agreeing with themselves about it without much real knowledge about the people of Liverpool.

Phil D. Rolls
17-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Dunno though, I don't think that that is right. Generally, scouse folks are good natured, able to take a joke and up for a laugh, but if you are able to offend them, then by god you've done it and they'll stay offended permanently (a la the Sun printing all that muck about them). Its just an image thats been built up about them that only really seems to be reinforced by people all agreeing with themselves about it without much real knowledge about the people of Liverpool.

I'm sure it's pretty much the same as anywhere else. I have to say, the only time I was there, I found them a bit dour tbh.

--------
17-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Confession: What started me off on Liverpool was BBC News on Friday morning.

The big general story was the rescue of the Chilean miners. Joy unconfined.

The ONLY sports story seemed to be Liverpool and their trials and tribulations, and a greetin-faced plook whining on about what a hard time the Liverpool fans had had to suffer over the last few years and how something had to be done about it and it was about time the government stepped in and its wisane fair and he had a RIGHT to a European Cup EVERY year as well as a top-three finish AND and FA Cup and he hadn't signed up for this and he was gonnae cry and he WAAAAANTED HIS MAAAAAAAMMMMMMYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which isn't how all Liverpool fans see things (all bar one or two, though) but still.....

He wants to try following Hibs.

Or St Mirren.

Or East Fife.

Or Scunthorpe.

I cannae stand Cilla Black either. (And I DON'T mean the big guy from Airdrie who played Centre-half for us back in the day. I mean the superannuated buck-toothed bimbo alleged once upon a time back in the Stone Age to be a 'singer'. Aye, right!)

I'd have put the greetin-faced plook down a mine shaft fror a couple of months to wonder if he was ever going to see daylight again, never mind his poxy football team. See if that could give him a sense of the realities. :devil:

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Northern rail, Virgin have cancelled all trains in liverpool tonight, due to a points failure in the Anfield area.

--------
17-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Northern rail, Virgin have cancelled all trains in liverpool tonight, due to a points failure in the Anfield area.

Oh, the auld yins are aye the best, bh. :greengrin

jdships
17-10-2010, 05:38 PM
That's a matter of opinion mate

As is everything in case you forgot - oh wise one :bitchy:

ballengeich
17-10-2010, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=Doddie;2609112 I assume the government will be expected to provide a rescue passage to prevent an epidemic of suicide by self-pity?[/QUOTE]

I think not. Times are hard. Tough decisions to be made. Spending cuts, essential services only blah blah

What a pity.

HibbyAndy
17-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Whatever happened to Torres, An absolute shadow of his former self..Looks disinterested and never gets a sniff.

It will be left to Gerrard to pull them up the league, Liverpool are gash.

Nuitdelune
17-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Should try growing his hair and dying in blonde IMHO

HibbyAndy
17-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Should try growing his hair and dying in blonde IMHO

He's never been the same since TBH.

Wotherspiniesta
17-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Whatever happened to Torres, An absolute shadow of his former self..Looks disinterested and never gets a sniff.

It will be left to Gerrard to pull them up the league, Liverpool are gash.

Torres and Gerrard have been carrying Liverpool for the last 2 years. Now that Gerrard's best years are beyond him and Torres can't be arsed, they're getting systematically spanked down the table.

Good to see. Hope they go all the way down to the conference. :bye:

Oh, Joe Cole? ...No wonder Chelsea didn't want him. :hilarious

HibbyAndy
17-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Torres and Gerrard have been carrying Liverpool for the last 2 years. Now that Gerrard's best years are beyond him and Torres can't be arsed, they're getting systematically spanked down the table.

Another player that looks quite happy to do **** all and pick up his 90K a week.

--------
17-10-2010, 06:31 PM

News flash:

"The new owners of Liverpool Red Sox, New England Sports Ventures, have promised supporters they know everything there is to know about football and have guaranteed to provide extra padding for the players to improve their offensive line. The consortium, headed by John W Henry added that Steven Gerrard was one of the best all round quarter backs in the country and ’shooters’ like Fernando Torres should be competing for some of the top World Series outside of America.

Henry has asked for some flexibility from the Anfield faithful however. ‘We understand how important football is in this part of the United States of Europe but we feel we can make some helpful changes to improve the game. For example, can’t we play with a smaller ball? I mean how can a little kid catch a ball in his replica mitt if it’s the size of his face. That’s a moment families up and down the country like to share; the first catch. They don’t want to spend the rest of the day stitching little Johnny’s head back on now do they?’

Former owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks are attempting to block the sale of the club believing it desperately undervalued their investment. Hicks said ‘we’ve got the likes of Dirk Kuyt, David N’Gog, that funny looking girl Kyrgiakos…Hey come to think of it George, £300mill isn’t bad at all. We should run now before they see them training.’"

heretoday
17-10-2010, 08:52 PM
There are some fantastic generalisations about Liverpool folk on here!

There's good and bad in every town and city. They're all the same. Even Glasgow.

jdships
18-10-2010, 08:52 AM
News flash:

"The new owners of Liverpool Red Sox, New England Sports Ventures, have promised supporters they know everything there is to know about football and have guaranteed to provide extra padding for the players to improve their offensive line. The consortium, headed by John W Henry added that Steven Gerrard was one of the best all round quarter backs in the country and ’shooters’ like Fernando Torres should be competing for some of the top World Series outside of America.

Henry has asked for some flexibility from the Anfield faithful however. ‘We understand how important football is in this part of the United States of Europe but we feel we can make some helpful changes to improve the game. For example, can’t we play with a smaller ball? I mean how can a little kid catch a ball in his replica mitt if it’s the size of his face. That’s a moment families up and down the country like to share; the first catch. They don’t want to spend the rest of the day stitching little Johnny’s head back on now do they?’

Former owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks are attempting to block the sale of the club believing it desperately undervalued their investment. Hicks said ‘we’ve got the likes of Dirk Kuyt, David N’Gog, that funny looking girl Kyrgiakos…Hey come to think of it George, £300mill isn’t bad at all. We should run now before they see them training.’"

If that's your best effort at "satirical humour" please doin't give up your day job :greengrin

khib70
18-10-2010, 09:07 AM
News flash:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/liverpool-court-drama-to-replace-home-matches-201010143165/

:faf::faf:

easty
18-10-2010, 09:16 AM

I said when the signed him that he would be a waste of money. Got shot down by most folk for talking ******.

lyonhibs
18-10-2010, 12:22 PM

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/liverpool-court-drama-to-replace-home-matches-201010143165/

:faf::faf:

The Daily Mash rarely lets Liverpool off the hook:

"Meanwhile the arrival of Boston tycoon John W Henry as someone with a proven track record of success who will ultimately turn out to be worse than useless will be an echo of the day when fans would would watch Fernando Morientes piss their hard-stolen money up a wall."

:top marks :faf::faf:

robinp
18-10-2010, 12:29 PM
The Daily Mash rarely lets Liverpool off the hook:

"Meanwhile the arrival of Boston tycoon John W Henry as someone with a proven track record of success who will ultimately turn out to be worse than useless will be an echo of the day when fans would would watch Fernando Morientes piss their hard-stolen money up a wall."

:top marks :faf::faf:

Daily mash is brilliant.

Just noticed this picture on the same page:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/images/stories/stylish1.gif

:top marks

--------
18-10-2010, 12:37 PM
If that's your best effort at "satirical humour" please doin't give up your day job :greengrin

I'm insulted. That wasn't my writing - just a quote from a blog somewhere I thought might offer a smidgin of enlightenment and edification to the lieges. that's all.... :rolleyes:

FWIW, I suspect that the new owners may be just what Liverpool need in the short term. (Long-term, of course, this sort of investment's a lot more problematic.)

However, they have the reputation of not suffering fools or losers gladly, nor of keeping them around one second longer than they have to. Ruthless is the word that comes to mind.

So there could be BIG changes at Anfield in the near future - probably, it's true, for the better. Can't see Uncle Roy lasting, though....

Interesting times to be a Puddlie-Yin, I think.... :devil:

BTW - the difference in attitude between a Liverpool supporter and an OF supporter? Not a micron, IMHO.

They all think they've a God-given right to success.

Woody1985
18-10-2010, 01:29 PM
A bit of a tangent here so apologies for the hijack.

Have any of you seen the thread on kickback where a yam tries to justify his friends racist (the N word) comment to Aluko by questioning whether the word 'Scouse' is a racist term. The perpetrator was apparently a scouser.

There's a lot of apologists for racism on there with the exception of what would appear to be a minority of good people slamming the comment!

By his definition everyone on this thread who has mentioned the word scouse could be a racist. :faf:

--------
18-10-2010, 01:34 PM
A bit of a tangent here so apologies for the hijack.

Have any of you seen the thread on kickback where a yam tries to justify his friends racist (the N word) comment to Aluko by questioning whether the word 'Scouse' is a racist term. The perpetrator was apparently a scouser.

There's a lot of apologists for racism on there with the exception of what would appear to be a minority of good people slamming the comment!

By his definition everyone on this thread who has mentioned the word scouse could be a racist. :faf:

Racist? Naw. Pejorative, aye. Abusive, aye. Derogatory, aye. All depending on who's speaking.

But not racist. :bitchy:

They're not the sharpest tools in the toolbox on SeigHeil.com. :rolleyes:

jdships
18-10-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm insulted. That wasn't my writing - just a quote from a blog somewhere I thought might offer a smidgin of enlightenment and edification to the lieges. that's all.... :rolleyes:

FWIW, I suspect that the new owners may be just what Liverpool need in the short term. (Long-term, of course, this sort of investment's a lot more problematic.)

However, they have the reputation of not suffering fools or losers gladly, nor of keeping them around one second longer than they have to. Ruthless is the word that comes to mind.

So there could be BIG changes at Anfield in the near future - probably, it's true, for the better. Can't see Uncle Roy lasting, though....

BTW - the difference in attitude between a Liverpool supporter and an OF supporter? Not a micron, IMHO.

Ah ! Another "cut and paste" man - I do apologise . Was thinking you just perhaps might have a smidgen of talent at something ! wink:
However you really do write ( yes?) some good comedy fiction :greengrin
"They all think they've a God-given right to success"
As do Chelsea, Arsenal , Man Utd, Hearts, Newcastle , et al, supporters .:wink:
Suggest blinkers off it makes life more interesting :agree:

lapsedhibee
18-10-2010, 01:45 PM

Indeed. And not just scouse is racist, but also Irish Stew defining, as it does, food by reference to where it comes from. :agree: And Scotch Egg is even worse, adding further insult to the food by either misspelling Scottish or implying that there's alcohol in the dish, when Scotlanders are well known for their excess consumption of alcoholic drinks.

--------
18-10-2010, 01:45 PM

Ah ! Another "cut and paste" man - I do apologise . Was thinking you just perhaps might have a smidgen of talent at something ! wink:
However you really do write ( yes?) some good comedy fiction :greengrin
"They all think they've a God-given right to success"
As do Chelsea, Arsenal , Man Utd, Hearts, Newcastle , et al, supporters .:wink:
Suggest blinkers off it makes life more interesting :agree:

I'm not the one with blinkers, mate. And I find life EXCEEDINGLY interesting as it is.

THREE PAGES worth of interesting so far.... :stirrer:

:devil:

jdships
18-10-2010, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=jdships;2609964]

I'm not the one with blinkers, mate. And I find life EXCEEDINGLY interesting as it is.

THREE PAGES worth of interesting so far.... :stirrer:

Are you seriously saying that Liverpool FC and OF supporters are the only ones who think they have a "god given right to success" ? :confused:

I have been lucky enough to have two close relatives play for Liverpool , albeit a number of years ago, and on my visits to Anfirld I can honestly say this was the ground/atmosphere I most enjoyed being in
Anyway we both have our opinions which is all that really matters :greengrin:thumbsup:

--------
18-10-2010, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=Doddie;2609975]

Are you seriously saying that Liverpool FC and OF supporters are the only ones who think they have a "god given right to success" ? :confused:

I have been lucky enough to have two close relatives play for Liverpool , albeit a number of years ago, and on my visits to Anfirld I can honestly say this was the ground/atmosphere I most enjoyed being in
Anyway we both have our opinions which is all that really matters :greengrin:thumbsup:

Nope.