PDA

View Full Version : Sign him up

CB_NO3
17-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Riordan needs to get signed up ASAP, am a bit worried that we will loose him again for nothing. Would the board offer him a new deal on their own back before a new manager comes in?. Does Petrie want him at the club, or is he happy for him to leave to get him off the wage bill?. So many questions to be answered but IMO he is the only class player we have at the club just now. He was not at his best yesterday but his movement in the first half was class at times, but our midfield are to slow to pick him out at times.

HibeeMcGinn1
17-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm led to believe that Yogi Petrie and Deeks were in negotiations before Yogi left. So whether or not the board will/can proceed with talks without a manger I'm not sure but I'd like to think as soon as the new manager is announced talks will proceed right away. Fair enough he doesn't always give 100% but the talent that Riordan has is scary and on his day can shock any crowd watching (parkhead).

CB_NO3
17-10-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm led to believe that Yogi Petrie and Deeks were in negotiations before Yogi left. So whether or not the board will/can proceed with talks without a manger I'm not sure but I'd like to think as soon as the new manager is announced talks will proceed right away. Fair enough he doesn't always give 100% but the talent that Riordan has is scary and on his day can shock any crowd watching (parkhead).
To be fair to him, he worked his socks off yesterday, Last 15 minutes, he was chasing every ball down. Dont think you would have got him doing that 4,5 year ago.

Vini1875
17-10-2010, 01:29 PM
To be fair to him, he worked his socks off yesterday, Last 15 minutes, he was chasing every ball down. Dont think you would have got him doing that 4,5 year ago.

Maybe he was but he is not fit enough to do it for 90 minutes.

I doubt he will get signed up before a new manager comes in. This is exactly the situation we were in the last time Deeks was in this situation. Personally if I was Rod I would go ahead and sign up to ensure we got some dough for him if the new guy didn't want him. It would be well worth the gamble.