PDA

View Full Version : Hughes's last 6 signings

H18sry
17-10-2010, 12:06 PM
None of them started yesterday, ok Duffy is injured but what does that say about the other 5, Dickoh,Trakys,Grounds,DeGraff and Hart, are they just not good enough :confused:

Westie1875
17-10-2010, 12:08 PM
None of them started yesterday, ok Duffy is injured but what does that say about the other 5, Dickoh,Trakys,Grounds,DeGraff and Hart, are the not good enough :confused:

I was baffled by the fact that Hart was left out yesterday as he clearly wasn't injured, the rest have yet to prove they are better than what we already had but Hart is the only right back we have.

500miles
17-10-2010, 12:12 PM
I can only surmise that Hart was left out due to a niggle that the coaching staff didn't fancy risking from the start, so they gave him a seat on the bench, so that if necassary - as it was - he could come on.

He's coming on to some good form, and looks a good player.

Hibee Daz
17-10-2010, 12:13 PM
None of them started yesterday, ok Duffy is injured but what does that say about the other 5, Dickoh,Trakys,Grounds,DeGraff and Hart, are they just not good enough :confused:

Hart is certainly good enough, the only reason he didn't start was because he's just came back after tweaking his hamstring and when he did come on he played well!

As for the rest, the jury is out especially midfield dynamo De Graff?

Hibee Daz
17-10-2010, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=500miles;2609012]I can only surmise that Hart was left out due to a niggle that the coaching staff didn't fancy risking from the start, so they gave him a seat on the bench, so that if necassary - as it was - he could come on.

He's coming on to some good form, and looks a good player.[/QUOTE ]

Ah you beat me to it bud, great minds eh! :wink:

--------
17-10-2010, 12:28 PM

My impression from Alistair Stevenson's Thursday press conference is that he and Gareth went with players they know and have worked with in the past (and perhaps trust?) rather than Hughes' signings. As said, Mike Hart came on as sub and played OK. Ian Murray was back on the bench, but not used. Maybe a much needed wake-up call to the new guys?

Whatever, it seems to have worked. :greengrin

hibsdaft
17-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Along with the above, I suspect they'd seen Hogg showing great hunger in training and that that may have tipped the balance in his favour.

Pete70
17-10-2010, 01:26 PM
My impression from Alistair Stevenson's Thursday press conference is that he and Gareth went with players they know and have worked with in the past (and perhaps trust?) rather than Hughes' signings. As said, Mike Hart came on as sub and played OK. Ian Murray was back on the bench, but not used. Maybe a much needed wake-up call to the new guys?

Naw he wisnae

Subs were; Smith, Hart, Grounds, Dickoh, De Graaf, Galbraith and Currie

--------
17-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Naw he wisnae

Subs were; Smith, Hart, Grounds, Dickoh, De Graaf, Galbraith and Currie

OOPS! Sorry, neither he was. Thought he'd been declared fit on Friday.

Mea culpa. Apologies.

I do think my argument stands, though. :cool2:

H18sry
17-10-2010, 03:01 PM

They must have seen the new boys in training and you would go with your best 11 surely :cool2: as opposed to players who have not kicked a first team ball in ages :rolleyes:

BEEJ
17-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Maybe out of all the squad, as Hughes' most recent recruits they were the players that took his departure the hardest. :dunno: