PDA

View Full Version : Team effort yesterday...............

Hibee Daz
17-10-2010, 10:46 AM
We showed a lot more determination and desire yesterday as we tried to defend from the front more, especially in the second half where we certainly harassed Killie more and didn't offer them much time on the ball!:applause:

I'll give the players credit for their effort yesterday apart from Nish :tin hat: as he seems to have no concept of the offside rule and all to often waits to be fouled rather than going to meet or attack the ball!

But, I will now ask the all important question as there was an overwhelmingly noticeable improvement in a lot of individual efforts, so why could they not pull out all the stops before yogi got his jotters?

It appears as though Yogi had indeed lost the dressing room going by yesterdays performance effort wise! I wasn't one of Yogi's biggest fans and I did think he was somewhat out of his depth, but for players to just stop giving there all because they didn't like him or his methods is downright disgraceful, as they would be letting us the fans and our great club down as well.:grr:

I'm not saying this was definitely the case but, their effort yesterday doesn't show them in a good light when think about how gutless they've been recently!

Thoughts........

hibiedude
17-10-2010, 10:55 AM
It would appear that the message has finally got through to some of the players that they are playing for their futures at the club and as far as yogi is concerned giving him his marching orders was a positive move for the club.

Come January I suspect 6-7 of the players will be moving on and new faces arriving.

hibsfootsoldier
17-10-2010, 11:08 AM
wasnt at the game but from wat ive heard it was typical nish
hogg should be teaching nish how to header a ball coz hes useless
i hope nish and all the rest of the garbage weve bn left is out the door aswel
a good clearout with the new manager me thinks!

NISH OUT NOW !!!!!!!!!

alex74
17-10-2010, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=hibiedude;2608926]It would appear that the message has finally got through to some of the players that they are playing for their futures at the club and as far as yogi is concerned giving him his marching orders was a positive move for the club.

Come January I suspect 6-7 of the players will be moving on and new faces arriving.[/QUOTE Good to see a lot more effort from the team yesterday but we started tiring again in the last ten minutes a dont understand how yogi couldnt even get the players match fit a think Evens should get them up arthur seat until.

500miles
17-10-2010, 11:10 AM
A lot of guys who played yesterday were technically inferior, but the sort that plug away regardless. As soon as Hogg scored, he had more confidence, and by the time he had his second, he was overflowing with it - and that's infectious, and possibly the reason he's captain. The other playes take a lead from him, so if his confidence allows him to go out and be brave, then they will do the same. They're not scared of possession or making mistakes, so they want the ball, and they want it higher up the pitch, and in tighter spaces. It makes the team play better.

Hibee Daz
17-10-2010, 11:32 AM
It would appear that the message has finally got through to some of the players that they are playing for their futures at the club and as far as yogi is concerned giving him his marching orders was a positive move for the club.

Come January I suspect 6-7 of the players will be moving on and new faces arriving.

I agree with your point in regards to Yogi, I think his limitations became all to apparent and a mans got to know his limitations.:gun:

Here's a wee hypothetical situation in regards to the players as you've quite rightly pointed out that they're playing for their futures:

What if the player's bust a gut and show a dramatic improvement and we climb the table and start competing for 3rd spot, should the new manager offer them new contract's as a reward?
Or should he still have a clear out because there is always the chance that once they feel secure they could start to rest on their laurels again?

Myself personally would like the new manager to empty them in the hope that he could sign a better class of player and build his own team, a team that we can all be proud of at that!

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 11:38 AM
I agree with your point in regards to Yogi, I think his limitations became all to apparent and a mans got to know his limitations.:gun:

Here's a wee hypothetical situation in regards to the players as you've quite rightly pointed out that they're playing for their futures:

What if the player's bust a gut and show a dramatic improvement and we climb the table and start competing for 3rd spot, should the new manager offer them new contract's as a reward?
Or should he still have a clear out because there is always the chance that once they feel secure they could start to rest on their laurels again?

Myself personally would like the new manager to empty them in the hope that he could sign a better class of player and build his own team, a team that we can all be proud of at that!

Great post. :top marks I'd empty the lot, if they only want to play when it suites them, i dont want them. Let the new man get his own players, let this lot find a game in the 1st division or the conference in England. Once they have gone, they will realise just how lucky they were to play for a club as good as Hibs.

Hibee Daz
17-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Great post. :top marks I'd empty the lot, if they only want to play when it suites them, i dont want them. Let the new man get his own players, let this lot find a game in the 1st division or the conference in England. Once they have gone, they will realise just how lucky they were to play for a club as good as Hibs.

That's the problem nowadays players ego's are up beside the Hubble space telescope, most of them genuinely believe they are way better than they actually are. (I'm pretty sure it's some infectious disease spread by yams)
I'm all for player's having confidence in their ability but, the sheer arrogance kickin about in the modern game is ridiculous and as you've said they don't come crashing back down to earth until they've ballsed it right up, Benji being a prime example!:brickwall