PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Team - no 19

WeAreHibs
17-10-2010, 07:26 AM
I was rather the worse for wear on Friday night and bid a silly amount for a signed/framed Scotland strip from the Spain game on Tuesday. The strip has no 19 on it and would like to know who had it.

Can anyone help?

Greentinted
17-10-2010, 07:35 AM
According to this (http://www.scotland-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/team_lineups_scotland_v_spain_12_oct_2010_568744/index.shtml), erm naebody.

YehButNoBut
17-10-2010, 07:37 AM
I was rather the worse for wear on Friday night and bid a silly amount for a signed/framed Scotland strip from the Spain game on Tuesday. The strip has no 19 on it and would like to know who had it.

Can anyone help?

From what I can see no one from Scotland was wearing No. 19. :dunno:

If it was a Spanish top it would be Llorente.

WeAreHibs
17-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Awe brilliant, that just makes it SOOOO much better :bitchy:

I was hoping to console myself hoping that it was a semi/half decent member of the team. So I've not bought a shirt that isnt even a squad member :boo hoo:

Cheers for the help though lads.

MrHibs1982
17-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Well i thought that the squad wouldve all been given a squad number for the 2 games so i looked for the numbers for the czech game but ever site i tried didn't have any squad number son there reports....the sfa site didn't even have the score from last friday's game!!!

BoltonHibee
17-10-2010, 10:19 AM
I have a team sheet from the Scotland v Spain game and nobody had the No. 19 shirt on.

7Hero
17-10-2010, 10:44 AM
:greengrin

dp00
17-10-2010, 11:30 AM

Can anyone help?

On the night i did think some of the auction prizes were going for silly amounts of money. I would imagine a few folk woke up on saturday morning with a sore head and a big dent in there bank balance

Sure STF had the bidding on 5 prints of the famous five up at over 1500 quid lol

Great Night Tho

WeAreHibs
17-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Bet that doesnt hurt him though:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
17-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Awe brilliant, that just makes it SOOOO much better :bitchy:

I was hoping to console myself hoping that it was a semi/half decent member of the team. So I've not bought a shirt that isnt even a squad member :boo hoo:

Cheers for the help though lads.

Just send it back to the shop mate - if it's a made up shirt then surely the sale's not valid?

WeAreHibs
17-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Not sure I'd want to do that.

I was a guest at a table of a good friend so don't want any comeback for either of us and it's for the Hibs charity so wouldn't look good. That being said, if it's a strip that doesn't relate to anyone then surely it's not worth as much as I'm paying for it.

Danderhall Hibs
17-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Not sure I'd want to do that.

I was a guest at a table of a good friend so don't want any comeback for either of us and it's for the Hibs charity so wouldn't look good. That being said, if it's a strip that doesn't relate to anyone then surely it's not worth as much as I'm paying for it.

Phone them up and ask who's shirt it was supposed to be - they might discount it if and when they realise it's a bogey.

WeAreHibs
17-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Phone them up and ask who's shirt it was supposed to be - they might discount it if and when they realise it's a bogey.

Perhaps, I'll see how it goes when they call tomorrow for the £ :agree:

oregonhibby
18-10-2010, 03:32 AM
As I recall it was auctioned as a Scotland strip and not assigned to anyone. The signatures were of the squad. As you say it is for charity.

Danderhall Hibs
18-10-2010, 08:16 AM
As I recall it was auctioned as a Scotland strip and not assigned to anyone. The signatures were of the squad. As you say it is for charity.

If that’s what was said and it was missed because of the bevy, fair enough.

If not though I don’t think “it’s for charity” is a decent enough reason!

Andy74
18-10-2010, 08:33 AM
You rarely, if ever, get match strips from these type of things. It's like if you sponsor a player kit at Hibs, at the end of the year they give out a framed top but it's some XXL thing from the shop they couldn't sell.

WeAreHibs
18-10-2010, 08:39 AM
I just phoned and paid. Bottom line is that it's for charity and a Hibs one. I'm taking the hit that I was bevvied and thought I'd be outbid.

All for a good cause and will look nice in the office with a funny story to go with it.:agree: