PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Strachan

RCNG
16-10-2010, 11:26 PM
What a wee D*ck! I always sat on the fence with this guy but i just saw his post match interview on SSN. Any one else see it? He was eating like an energy bar whilst answering questions. Totally unprofessional.

Stay the hell away from Easter Road please Mr Strachan.

Sir David Gray
16-10-2010, 11:30 PM
I saw it earlier, just after the game finished and he's obviously not changed one bit since his Celtic days.

Still coming away with his "smart" (or so he thinks) answers to everything and being quite evasive about the real problems that he faces.

I think Middlesbrough will "mutually consent" him on Monday.

RCNG
16-10-2010, 11:33 PM
I saw it earlier, just after the game finished and he's obviously not changed one bit since his Celtic days.

Still coming away with his "smart" (or so he thinks) answers to everything and being quite evasive about the real problems that he faces.

I think Middlesbrough will "mutually consent" him on Monday.

I really hope they don't, I'd hate for Sir Rod to get a rush of blood to the head and appoint him here!

jonny
16-10-2010, 11:34 PM
just seen it. cringeworthy. he must actually think his stupid answers sound witty and funny. erse of a man.

heretoday
16-10-2010, 11:44 PM
GS is off his rocker.

Phil D. Rolls
17-10-2010, 08:30 AM
What a wee D*ck! I always sat on the fence with this guy but i just saw his post match interview on SSN. Any one else see it? He was eating like an energy bar whilst answering questions. Totally unprofessional.

Stay the hell away from Easter Road please Mr Strachan.

I'm surprised he keeps getting offered jobs. Total disgrace, if he was to do that anywhere near my wife and kids, I swear I'd do time. :grr:

YehButNoBut
17-10-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm surprised he keeps getting offered jobs. Total disgrace, if he was to do that anywhere near my wife and kids, I swear I'd do time. :grr:

Totally agree and it puts Levein walking off in the huff into perspective, I mean standing there with a cereal bar the mans a disgrace. :agree:

Wilson
17-10-2010, 09:50 AM
just seen it. cringeworthy. he must actually think his stupid answers sound witty and funny. erse of a man.

Funny that. Before he was appointed at Celtic 'Strachanisms' were all the rage on this site.

His patter must have just gotten old.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Mowbray for Middlesbourgh very very soon.

.Sean.
17-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't mind Strachan. A character at least.

Phil D. Rolls
17-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Totally agree and it puts Levein walking off in the huff into perspective, I mean standing there with a cereal bar the mans a disgrace. :agree:

Fair's fair, I can see where people are coming from. It's a cereal bar this week, what happens next - a Twix, a can of Red Bull? However, I don't think we need worry about that.

Strachan might be rude, but he's not stupid. He'll push things to the limit, but I reckon he'll stop at a cup of coffee (and maybe a fancy cake).

Since90+2
17-10-2010, 12:04 PM
I don't mind Strachan. A character at least.

Exactly , is it any better/worse watching a boring Gary Megson/Sam Allardyce ect interview?

Some people really need to get a life get all worked up over him eating during an interview!

Dinkydoo
17-10-2010, 12:14 PM
The man is a wee knob end and eating whilst being in an interview is unprofessional but only on Hibs.net would you get crucified for eating a cereal bar.
:LOL:

Bad wee GS, put down the lion bar.:slipper:

New Corrie
17-10-2010, 12:20 PM
He is so ill mannered and bitter, such an odious little man. Not that long since posters on here used to salivate at the mere mention of his name. Very rude, hideous, boring little man, and a knickers manager.

Toaods
17-10-2010, 12:29 PM
He is so ill mannered and bitter, such an odious little man. Not that long since posters on here used to salivate at the mere mention of his name. Very rude, hideous, boring little man, and a knickers manager.

:agree: also has an oversized nose.

Dashing Bob S
17-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Excellent chap. Warm and witty company, and a dyed in the wool Hibs fan. Yes, eating a power bar during an interview isn't wise but you would think he was soliciting outside a primary school judging by some posts on here.

I think he was making a statement of contempt to a hounding media, which backfired. They might be obnoxious ********s but dealing with them is part of the job, GS.

Phil D. Rolls
17-10-2010, 01:31 PM

In Muirhouse they find him absolutely charming though. Must be a cultural thing. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
17-10-2010, 02:10 PM
He's a total choooooob! :agree:

HibbyAndy
17-10-2010, 06:17 PM
The guys a cigarette stub.

magpie1892
17-10-2010, 07:30 PM
The guys a cigarette stub.

Even though it will drive me insane, has anyone got a link for this i/view?

Danderhall Hibs
17-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Fair's fair, I can see where people are coming from. It's a cereal bar this week, what happens next - a Twix, a can of Red Bull? However, I don't think we need worry about that.

Strachan might be rude, but he's not stupid. He'll push things to the limit, but I reckon he'll stop at a cup of coffee (and maybe a fancy cake).

:hilarious

greenlex
17-10-2010, 08:23 PM
One of these days a reporter journalist is gonna sparko him. Hope it's on camera to be fair.

Future17
17-10-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't like Strachan and I'd hate for him to get the Hibs job in the future, but I feel he should be given more time at Boro.

heretoday
17-10-2010, 08:39 PM
He hates the press so he's ok in my book. Half of them don't know anything about football.

He needs counselling before he actually attacks a hack on TV. Didn't Jim McLean set the precedent for that?

Gregor
18-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Excellent chap. Warm and witty company, and a dyed in the wool Hibs fan. Yes, eating a power bar during an interview isn't wise but you would think he was soliciting outside a primary school judging by some posts on here.

I think he was making a statement of contempt to a hounding media, which backfired. They might be obnoxious ********s but dealing with them is part of the job, GS.

Agreed with you 100%.

Expecting Rain
18-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Part and parcel of management is dealing with the press, i think Strachan is wrong in the way he feels he has to belittle the interviewer at every opportunity, i think he lives on his past reputation and without doubt he is beginning to look like a fool, Harry Potter could learn a lot from this, i don`t think either will change, massive egos!

Joe Baker II
18-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Funny that. Before he was appointed at Celtic 'Strachanisms' were all the rage on this site.

His patter must have just gotten old.

Yes, he was generally praised by Hibs fans prior to going to Celtic.

Entirely agreed with Dashing Bob - not sure if he is hardcore Hibs fan but certainly a well-wisher and not sure he deserves such contempt because Hibs Boards have been unwilling to approach him to be Hibs manager.

New Corrie
18-10-2010, 08:55 AM
He hates the press so he's ok in my book. Half of them don't know anything about football.He needs counselling before he actually attacks a hack on TV. Didn't Jim McLean set the precedent for that?

They will know enough to realise that he is making a complete erse of managing Boro, and making a complete erse of himself!

Phil D. Rolls
18-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Yes, he was generally praised by Hibs fans prior to going to Celtic.

Entirely agreed with Dashing Bob - not sure if he is hardcore Hibs fan but certainly a well-wisher and not sure he deserves such contempt because Hibs Boards have been unwilling to approach him to be Hibs manager.

There is a picture of Pat Stanton on the cover of an early 70s edition of "Shoot". Strachan is clearly visible on the terracing in the background..

New Corrie
18-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Manners cost nothing.

Danderhall Hibs
18-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Did anyone see Phil Neville’s post-match interview yesterday? He was drinking a bottle of Lucozade Sport! What a disgusting, despicable and cowardly thing to do to the poor interviewer.

Phil D. Rolls
18-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Did anyone see Phil Neville’s post-match interview yesterday? He was drinking a bottle of Lucozade Sport! What a disgusting, despicable and cowardly thing to do to the poor interviewer.

Outrageous, considering the range of non branded alternatives available. What's wrong with a good old fashioned cup of tea? It was OK for Alf Tupper. :grr:

lobster
18-10-2010, 11:51 AM
:top marks

Some people on here need to get a grip. If he came here and had Hibs challenging again who would care what he does? Reminds me of Alex Ferguson being sacked by St.Mirren for apparantly using 'industrial' language in the earshot of the Directors missus. Jesus H. Christ.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2010, 11:58 AM
I think some people are missing the point, at least the point that I was making anyway.

I couldn't care less about him sucking on an energy bar or whatever it was that he was taking. I just thought his flippant answers to the questions that he was getting asked after yet another defeat for his Middlesbrough side were out of line and if I had been a Middlesbrough fan listening/watching that interview, I wouldn't have been pleased.

New Corrie
18-10-2010, 12:19 PM
I know that manners have been replaced by aggression and violence in this country, but it is disappointing to see a high profile manager behaving like a stereotypical little Scottish nyaff. Maybe finally realising that he's a rubbish manager has brought out this trait in him.

YehButNoBut
18-10-2010, 03:10 PM
SSN reporting that Middlesborough are to make a statement later today concerning the managers position, looks like he is on his way.

Mowbary for 'Boro?

Spike Mandela
18-10-2010, 03:15 PM
SSN reporting the Middlesborough are to make a statement later today concerning the managers position, looks like he is on his way.

Mowbary for 'Boro?

....Or Steve Clarke:wink:

JackRegan
18-10-2010, 03:45 PM
:top marks

Some people on here need to get a grip. If he came here and had Hibs challenging again who would care what he does? Reminds me of Alex Ferguson being sacked by St.Mirren for apparantly using 'industrial' language in the earshot of the Directors missus. Jesus H. Christ.

That was actually Jim Clunie, or Clunie the looney as he was later known. His exact quote was "Ah dinnae ken onythin' aboot the ****ing laddie being sellt"

Clunie was from deepest darkest Ayrshire, but a gentleman nonetheless.

Ferguson was sacked for allegedly fiddling his expenses, when in fact he was getting young players expenses through the back door, because the club was too tight to pay them. :agree:

JackRegan
18-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Also meant to add that Strachan is getting mutually consented as we speak.

Phil D. Rolls
18-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Strachan for Hibs? :shocked:

Aubenas
18-10-2010, 04:02 PM
It was OK for Alf Tupper.
Yes - but he was an athlete.
Roy Race always sucked an orange..........:agree:

discman
18-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Strachan for Hibs? :shocked:

hes gone :cool2:

hughio
18-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Clarke for boro:boo hoo:

discman
18-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Clarke for boro:boo hoo:

mowbray apparently!:cool2:

Killiehibbie
18-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Also meant to add that Strachan is getting mutually consented as we speak.
I was hoping he'd get one more beating before it happened:grr:

Mikeystewart
18-10-2010, 06:50 PM
anyone got a link to the energy bar interview?

YehButNoBut
21-10-2010, 05:29 AM
Interesting piece in the Scotsman by Bernie Slaven on Strachan, saying he came across to me like a man who was on the borderline of insanity.

"After a year in charge, we had not improved one iota - the football was average, away results were abysmal, the worst league position in 20 years and he still doesn't know his best team.

"It wasn't just on the field that Strachan let himself down, off the field during post-match interviews he became an embarrassment to himself, the club and the fans. He was arrogant, obnoxious, sarcastic, cutting and rude. He came across to me like a man who was on the borderline of insanity. With the club two points off the relegation zone and the home fans chanting 'Strachan out' chairman Steve Gibson was under severe pressure. The only way he could relieve this pressure from himself and the club was to part company with the manager."

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Boro-legend-labels-axed-Gordon.6592053.jp

jdships
21-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Interesting piece in the Scotsman by Bernie Slaven on Strachan, saying he came across to me like a man who was on the borderline of insanity.

"After a year in charge, we had not improved one iota - the football was average, away results were abysmal, the worst league position in 20 years and he still doesn't know his best team.

"It wasn't just on the field that Strachan let himself down, off the field during post-match interviews he became an embarrassment to himself, the club and the fans. He was arrogant, obnoxious, sarcastic, cutting and rude. He came across to me like a man who was on the borderline of insanity. With the club two points off the relegation zone and the home fans chanting 'Strachan out' chairman Steve Gibson was under severe pressure. The only way he could relieve this pressure from himself and the club was to part company with the manager."

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Boro-legend-labels-axed-Gordon.6592053.jp

:agree: Interesting indeed !
Having had a quck look at his managerial CV does anyone else agree he is coming close to being "unemployable" at any decent managementl level ?
Afew taxi licences are available in Edinburgh/Glasgow :greengrin

:confused:

3pm
21-10-2010, 12:07 PM
As much as I don't like him, he never took any form of compensation when he left which is admirable in this day and age where greed rules. More should take note.