PDA

View Full Version : Player Clearout

banarc7062
16-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I read a lot on this board about the players who have inflated egos; creat unrest and disharmony in the Club to the total detrement of the team and undermine the efforts of the manager and staff.
Why are they not publically anounced so that they are shown up for what they are alledged to be. They are obviously not going to put in any shift between now and the end of the season when due to be emptied. We have young players who may not have the experience to compete at top level yet but they would have the interests of Hibs at heart and give us, the fans, their effort to cheer on rather than the current inflated wasters who are playing out time.
Sitting in the stand is not going to have managers falling over themselves to sign them up and the only way they would get a move that they think they are entitled to would be to get the finger out and perform.
GGTTH

Skanko79
16-10-2010, 08:42 PM
I read a lot on this board about the players who have inflated egos; creat unrest and disharmony in the Club to the total detrement of the team and undermine the efforts of the manager and staff.
Why are they not publically anounced so that they are shown up for what they are alledged to be. They are obviously not going to put in any shift between now and the end of the season when due to be emptied. We have young players who may not have the experience to compete at top level yet but they would have the interests of Hibs at heart and give us, the fans, their effort to cheer on rather than the current inflated wasters who are playing out time.
Sitting in the stand is not going to have managers falling over themselves to sign them up and the only way they would get a move that they think they are entitled to would be to get the finger out and perform.
GGTTH

If Hibs appoint the right manager then these players will be booted out. As will the deadwood that clearly arent up to scratch.

sahib
17-10-2010, 07:21 AM
I read a lot on this board about the players who have inflated egos; creat unrest and disharmony in the Club to the total detrement of the team and undermine the efforts of the manager and staff.Why are they not publically anounced so that they are shown up for what they GGTTH

I would not believe all the rubbish that is written about players on here. It is all fifth hand stories and /or pure invention.

Expecting Rain
17-10-2010, 08:39 AM
No big deal if the majority of players want to head for pastures new, the standard is average to poor.

Golden Bear
17-10-2010, 08:44 AM
No big deal if the majority of players want to head for pastures new, the standard is average to poor.

The biggest danger will be if they do want to hang around and pick up their wages for doing naff all - apart from maybe causing unrest within the squad.

jdships
17-10-2010, 08:53 AM
I would not believe all the rubbish that is written about players on here. It is all fifth hand stories and /or pure invention.

Thankyou for a common sense post :thumbsup:

Hibs On Tour
17-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Yeah, lets 'name and shame' players in order to further reduce their value and thereby get us less money in from selling them. Genius.

ginger_rice
17-10-2010, 09:32 AM
If Hibs appoint the right manager then these players will be booted out. As will the deadwood that clearly arent up to scratch.

If Hibs appoint the right manager the surely he should be able to motivate even the most average of players to perform to their best, to be able to set a team up to play to their strengths, we see this week in week out where workman like teams with no better players or squads outperform Hibs.

That has to be the immediate target, stabilise the dressing room, get the team playing as a team, starting to win games especially against the likes of Killie, St Mirren etc. Once that is achieved then we can think about moving forward once again.

banarc7062
17-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah, lets 'name and shame' players in order to further reduce their value and thereby get us less money in from selling them. Genius.

Well they do not appear to be doing too much at this time to improve their prospects. No doubt the "insiders" will know who the particular chancers are and will have already formed an opinion on the worth of these players in any potential move.

MrSmith
17-10-2010, 10:19 AM

I'm way up for the naming an shaming! This lot should consider themselves privileged to play for our club considering, they earn, even at the low end, upto 10 times more than the fan in the stand who puts more effort into Hibs than the current crop of robbing bassa do!

Get them, in the words of Billy Connonly..."getifuyabassas"!

Actually forgot to mention, I do not care a stuff about sell on value! Get them off the wage bill and pay someone who wants to play for the club.

churchie16
17-10-2010, 10:23 AM
My problem is that if there is alot of players leaving at the end of the year by out of contract don't know the exact number is it 16 ? plus in january probably bamba leaving maybe even riordan then who are hibs going to bring in to replace them ? Think the new boss needs to tie up some contracts but being honest don't all know who exactly is out of contract ??

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 10:52 AM
My problem is that if there is alot of players leaving at the end of the year by out of contract don't know the exact number is it 16 ? plus in january probably bamba leaving maybe even riordan then who are hibs going to bring in to replace them ? Think the new boss needs to tie up some contracts but being honest don't all know who exactly is out of contract ??

The problem is there are not many who deserve another contract. This is a bunch of players who are just not very good. It could be a blessing in disguise the new manager is starting with a virtual blank canvas.

Matty_Jack04
17-10-2010, 10:58 AM
"Whoever takes over has a group of players who really just aren't good enough. If you were a multi-millionaire then you could change things quite quickly but how does the new manager here change things? "He certainly won't have enough cash in the coffers to do that." Lawrie Reilly.

ive thought the very same for almost a year its not that there ego's are too big or there out partying harder than there training there just not upto scratch plain and simple, the new manager has to be the right man, given 3-4 years to build a team once all the guys contracts are up this year. we need to hope that abit more organisation can lift us to a top 6 finish this year and start again next summer.

Hibee Daz
17-10-2010, 11:08 AM
The problem is there are not many who deserve another contract. This is a bunch of players who are just not very good. It could be a blessing in disguise the new manager is starting with a virtual blank canvas.

Your spot on in the first half of your post :agree: and I'm crossing everthing I can in the hope that emptying them and starting a fresh, is indeed as you've put it a blessing in disguise!:pray:

Aldo
17-10-2010, 12:21 PM
The only good thing (and possibly bad thing) about appointing a new manager is that he can assess the squad he has over the coming months and then do what he needs to do in Jan. I do know this also means we are stuck with what we have.

There are a few i would retain and a few i would defo get rid of. For me its about commitment. I would rather have 11 guys on the park playing for each other as a team and showing the fans what it means to them. Not guys who cannot be bothered and just want to pick up their wages.

The likes of Miller just doesnt become bad over night and we know this. We have just about a whole squad out of contract at the end of the season and for me and with a new manager it means that if the players want a new contract then they need to play for it.

I hope the new man plays the players he has in the right positions and gets them playing as a team.

GG

Hibs On Tour
17-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Too many on here ready to empty practically the entire team because we've been playing crap. Knee-jerk reactions, understandable as they are, rarely bring an overall improvement.

That's why I hope the board splashes for an experienced manager, one with real man-management skills. Those managers get a lot more out of average players than they believed possible themselves and instill confidence in those who need that to turn on a performance. You see it time and time again.

As others have said, good players don't just become bad players. And despite what many are saying through the red mist, our squad is easily as good as anyone's outside the OF. Certainly, with our budget and at our level, we're highly unlikely to ship a load of players out, ship another load in for around the same money and have things dramatically improve - and quickly.

Bit of realism needed I think. Yes, some will undoubtedly move on because they aren't up to it. Others will need cajoled, helped, whatever to bring their games on. Telling them en-masse their ****** isn't the answer in any way though...

--------
17-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Too many on here ready to empty practically the entire team because we've been playing crap. Knee-jerk reactions, understandable as they are, rarely bring an overall improvement.

That's why I hope the board splashes for an experienced manager, one with real man-management skills. Those managers get a lot more out of average players than they believed possible themselves and instill confidence in those who need that to turn on a performance. You see it time and time again.

As others have said, good players don't just become bad players. And despite what many are saying through the red mist, our squad is easily as good as anyone's outside the OF. Certainly, with our budget and at our level, we're highly unlikely to ship a load of players out, ship another load in for around the same money and have things dramatically improve - and quickly.

Bit of realism needed I think. Yes, some will undoubtedly move on because they aren't up to it. Others will need cajoled, helped, whatever to bring their games on. Telling them en-masse their ****** isn't the answer in any way though...

:top marks

EXACTLY.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

sauzee1966
18-10-2010, 08:51 AM
I think that we are all going on and on about players getting booted. This forum now seems to be just about kicking people when they are down. Many people are not showing the support they should and to think that the players do not read this forum is shortsighted. How would you feel if all you got was slagged off and belittled for every move you make. Ironically some people ripped Hogg apart for weeks...then complained that OUR CAPTAIN was not picked. I think he proved yesterday that he would do anything for the club and some on here should have the same attitude.

Get behind every player in the squad...that what a supporter should do.

:grr:

GGTTH

MrSmith
18-10-2010, 12:13 PM
I think that we are all going on and on about players getting booted. This forum now seems to be just about kicking people when they are down. Many people are not showing the support they should and to think that the players do not read this forum is shortsighted. How would you feel if all you got was slagged off and belittled for every move you make. Ironically some people ripped Hogg apart for weeks...then complained that OUR CAPTAIN was not picked. I think he proved yesterday that he would do anything for the club and some on here should have the same attitude.

Get behind every player in the squad...that what a supporter should do.

:grr:

Yes but as employees, we are accountable and would most likely lose our jobs if we put in a shift or performed to the standard some of these 'professionals' do.

--------
18-10-2010, 12:20 PM

True, bh.

But that means a great deal of work to be done in the close season bringing players in - or promoting younger players to fill the gaps.

Is the new boss going to get the resources and the time to do a radical makeover? Or is he expected to turn things around and have us back in Europe next season, and Cup-winners the season after, all on a shoestring budget?

I think a radical clearout might be a good thing, but what might come after could be rather gruesome.....

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2010, 12:39 PM
True, bh.

But that means a great deal of work to be done in the close season bringing players in - or promoting younger players to fill the gaps.

Is the new boss going to get the resources and the time to do a radical makeover? Or is he expected to turn things around and have us back in Europe next season, and Cup-winners the season after, all on a shoestring budget?

I think a radical clearout might be a good thing, but what might come after could be rather gruesome.....

What we are getting at the moment is pretty gruesome imho Doddie. We look to be entering another transitional period again. :boo hoo: When i look at this team, there are only 2 or 3 players i'd like to keep, 2 of them will more than likely be off in January or next summer anyway. The rest imho are part of the problem, very average players playing for the biggest club they are ever going to play for.

A radical reshape of the team/squad is needed, this cant keep going on. Hungry kids, promising youngsters, not average journeymen should be the type of players we sign, coupled with a couple of good quality older heads and players from the 19s. Easy to say i suppose, but its the way forward imho

--------
18-10-2010, 12:52 PM
What we are getting at the moment is pretty gruesome imho Doddie. We look to be entering another transitional period again. :boo hoo: When i look at this team, there are only 2 or 3 players i'd like to keep, 2 of them will more than likely be off in January or next summer anyway. The rest imho are part of the problem, very average players playing for the biggest club they are ever going to play for.

A radical reshape of the team/squad is needed, this cant keep going on. Hungry kids, promising youngsters, not average journeymen should be the type of players we sign, coupled with a couple of good quality older heads and players from the 19s. Easy to say i suppose, but its the way forward imho

Can't see anything I'd disagree with there, bh.

We need to make up our minds whether we're going to buy players in or develop our own youngsters.

IMO the only sensible long-term policy is to use the facilities at EM to develop our own young players. This will mean (probably) a couple of seasons when not a lot happens - we'll be mid-table, maybe get a couple of decent results against the Ugly Sisters or the Unclean Ones, probably start feeling the frustration a bit.

That, however, doesn't seem to me to be any different from our prospects right now. We have a squad comprised of (a) young players, (b) experienced players of moderate ability at best, (c) loan players who have no real commitment to Hibs, and (d) a few allegedly more 'gifted' players who've all come with baggage from the past and some of whom seem to be playing out time at the end of their careers while taking wages from Hibs and giving little in return. Oh yes, and a couple of others who look to be following in the footsteps of the late and unlamented Chris 'Sicknote' Killen.

I know I'm being unfair here. Maybe there is the makings of a reasonable squad for this season, if only the manager/coaches can get them organised. It's not all been down to the players, nor all down to Yogi, nor all down to the board.

But I do think we're kinda up Ordure Estuary with neither an outboard motor or a paddle right now, and we'll have a fairly thin time of it for at least the next year and a half.

Deja vu all over again, dammit! :grr: