PDA

View Full Version : Take a bow - Singing Section

RIP
16-10-2010, 08:16 PM
No home wins since March and we lose a goal straight away

Cue the booing, jessie fits and player abuse???????

Not this time!!

Before the Killie players had even got back to the half way line the guys round about me were chanting Hibees!! Hibees!! The singing continued for the whole first half - goal down or no.

The crowd showed real character. Well done lads (and lassies) - on and off the park. Good to see Section 43 starting to fill up and it's only the 4th home game of the season. A lot of new faces (and singers).

It was great fun as well. :thumbsup:

hibees707070
16-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Thought the singing section was poor again until we scored our 1st! When 1 songs stops start another anyone at Maribor will know what that was like!

cocopops1875
16-10-2010, 08:26 PM
No home wins since March and we lose a goal straight away

Cue the booing, jessie fits and player abuse???????

Not this time!!

Before the Killie players had even got back to the half way line the guys round about me were chanting Hibees!! Hibees!! The singing continued for the whole first half - goal down or no.

The crowd showed real character. Well done lads (and lassies) - on and off the park. Good to see Section 43 starting to fill up and it's only the 4th home game of the season. A lot of new faces (and singers).

It was great fun as well. :thumbsup:

sad you came on to applaud yourself:confused:

RIP
16-10-2010, 09:42 PM
sad you came on to applaud yourself:confused:

:faf::thumbsup:

Must change my user name

BroxburnHibee
16-10-2010, 09:49 PM
I actually thought they did pretty well - especially in the first half.

Second half was a lot quieter but still a great improvement on the first few games.

They have to keep it up though - it was noticable as the game wore on how the singing seemed to be spreading along the stand.

:top marks

Gatecrasher
16-10-2010, 09:50 PM
I thought they were good, TBH without them there would have been little singing at all today, Keep up the good work :top marks

matty_f
16-10-2010, 09:50 PM
I actually thought they did pretty well - especially in the first half.

Second half was a lot quieter but still a great improvement on the first few games.

They have to keep it up though - it was noticable as the game wore on how the singing seemed to be spreading along the stand.

Need to give the "it's all gone quiet over there" song a rest, though - maybe if we're a couple of goals up but when there's only a goal in it, it's just asking for the inevitable to happen IMHO.

500miles
16-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Aye, the crowd were positive in a game we won. Heroes.

Honestly, the team go out there, get 3 points, thanks to a lot of written off players, and get a hard time, but the fans were great. This self congratulatory pish is nauseating.

Is this a forum or a daisy chain?

BroxburnHibee
16-10-2010, 10:38 PM

Honestly, the team go out there, get 3 points, thanks to a lot of written off players, and get a hard time, but the fans were great. This self congratulatory pish is nauseating.

Wind your neck in..........they were doing their bit when we were gettin beat.

Some folk just cant stand anything positive on this board :bitchy:

California-Hibs
16-10-2010, 11:15 PM
I thought they singing section done very well today! I cant wait for our next home game against the filth, its gonna be electric! :agree::thumbsup:

500miles
16-10-2010, 11:18 PM

When I don't hear our fans booing our own players when they get subbed (Nish), when I don't see hardworking players rush straight to our fans, and give them a "right up ye" gesture after scoring, and when I see folk turning up, THEN I'll get positiv about the Hibs support.

When the likes of Rankin pulling on a Hibs shirt, I'm not embarrassed. I see a guy who will run through walls to play for the team i love. I can totally identify with that, and I respect him. I get embarrassed when I hear our support make an arse of themselves.

I heard a cracker today. Apparently, Rankin has gotten 2 managers the sack. Not the team as a whole, not the fans who shouted thier mouths off. I imagine John Rankin must've went to Petrie's door with pictures of Mixu and Yogi pumping Mrs. P.

I heard another cracker when Nish was backpeddling to try and get his head on a ball, which even when he jumped was 3 feet overhead, and someone started going on at him.

So, I'm sorry if it ruins this little group high fiving session, but I stand by my original sentiments. Although, maybe being at the under21's game versus Iceland has set an unrealistically high standard to expect from the Hibs support.

RoYO!
16-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Think that the last 5 mins were tremendous from the fans. Getting right behind the team- if there had been no atmosphere who's to say the team wouldn't have got really nervous and lost a crucial goal.

woody47
16-10-2010, 11:46 PM
FFS some of the people on here really need to get a ****ing life. I can' t believe they are moaning because we tried to sing:grr:
DID YOU JOIN IN?????????
There are far too many 'fans' happy to sit on their erses and wait for others to do all the work.
The other night at Hampden the crowd sang for most of the game and it DID help the players.
Maybe, instead of coming on here and moaning that some fans are singing or praising themselves for trying to be positive, they can use their mouths at the games instead of their fingers on a keyboard :grr:

Keep up the good work "the 12th man" :flag:

LeithWalkHibby
16-10-2010, 11:54 PM
When I don't hear our fans booing our own players when they get subbed (Nish), when I don't see hardworking players rush straight to our fans, and give them a "right up ye" gesture after scoring, and when I see folk turning up, THEN I'll get positiv about the Hibs support.

When the likes of Rankin pulling on a Hibs shirt, I'm not embarrassed. I see a guy who will run through walls to play for the team i love. I can totally identify with that, and I respect him. I get embarrassed when I hear our support make an arse of themselves.

I heard a cracker today. Apparently, Rankin has gotten 2 managers the sack. Not the team as a whole, not the fans who shouted thier mouths off. I imagine John Rankin must've went to Petrie's door with pictures of Mixu and Yogi pumping Mrs. P.

I heard another cracker when Nish was backpeddling to try and get his head on a ball, which even when he jumped was 3 feet overhead, and someone started going on at him.

So, I'm sorry if it ruins this little group high fiving session, but I stand by my original sentiments. Although, maybe being at the under21's game versus Iceland has set an unrealistically high standard to expect from the Hibs support.

alex74
16-10-2010, 11:57 PM
FFS some of the people on here really need to get a ****ing life. I can' t believe they are moaning because we tried to sing:grr:
DID YOU JOIN IN?????????
There are far too many 'fans' happy to sit on their erses and wait for others to do all the work.
The other night at Hampden the crowd sang for most of the game and it DID help the players.
Maybe, instead of coming on here and moaning that some fans are singing or praising themselves for trying to be positive, they can use their mouths at the games instead of their fingers on a keyboard :grr:

Keep up the good work "the 12th man" :flag:TIPTOP KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP I SIT AT THE FRONT AND JOIN IN WI U A HEAR A LOT OF MOANING ABOUT IT BUT AM SURE THE PLAYERS APPRECIATE THE SINGING WE WILL SEE IF THEY JOIN IN WHEN THE **** COME AND NEXT SEASON A WILL BE MOVING UP BESIDE YOU LOT:thumbsup:

Liam89
17-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah, i heard them on the radio. As soon as killie scored all i could hear was "Hibees hibees!" I thought i was going crazy! :wink: Well done to the singers!:thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
17-10-2010, 07:21 AM

I actually agree with a lot of your points - there are a lot of ill-informed things shouted at the players.

The booing of Nish is ridiculous - no doubt about it.

Who didn't expext a GIRUY from Hoggy when he scored? Good on him.

So the crowds are down - hardly a surprise after the start to the season we've had.

As for Rankin - IMO this guy is nowhere good enough. Running through walls isn't a good enough reason for me. I'd rather he found a Hibs player from time to time when he attempts a pass - especially when there's a clear goal scoring opportunity.

The point of this thread is there was a much better atmosphere at the game and it was helped in no small part by the (increasingly more vocal) 'Singing Section'.

I say good on them and hopefully they keep it up.

I find it difficult to believe after all the pish thats been posted about the declining atmosphere at ER that when there's a sign its improving you still get so-called fans having a go.

Phil D. Rolls
17-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Good to see we can still find things to fall out about. :greengrin

Personally, I find organised singing sections quite sad. I put them in the same boat as cuddly mascots and t-shirts that show someone from your team peeing on a rivals strip.

However, if the guys want to come on here and take a bow, it's no more flakey than having a singing section in the first place. No need for lesser fans to slag them off.

It's bizarre, but people used to go to the football to watch their team. Now we are actually evaluating the performance of the fans.

I just hope they can keep going for longer than 15 minutes.

http://www.gallerywarhol.com/Andy_Warhol.jpg

Hibercelona
17-10-2010, 08:13 AM
thought we put in a decent shift yesterday. an improvment in atmosphere over recent times. hopefully everyone will be up for it in a few weeks time. :thumbsup:

RoYO!
17-10-2010, 08:18 AM

I agree with a fair bit of this, and you are clearly a passionate hibs fans, all that said though, do you VOCALISE this support? I have to say that the majority of hibs fans are dismal at actually supporting the team.

So I am ready to say well done to the guys who do try their best to get some sort of atmosphere going- without whom I think it's fair to say we would have THE worst support in the SPL

Phil D. Rolls
17-10-2010, 08:27 AM
thought we put in a decent shift yesterday. an improvment in atmosphere over recent times. hopefully everyone will be up for it in a few weeks time. :thumbsup:

I suppose the lack of international fixtures will allow the boys to get their heads down and give the league a right good go. You must be concerned about the number of season ticket renewals at the end of the season though. What incentives can you give the guys to stay?

Hibbyradge
17-10-2010, 08:46 AM

I sympathise with many of your sentiments as I find myself getting frustrated, if not angry, at the attitude of some folk towards certain players they've taken a dislike to etc.

However, I also feel it's important to recognise, and encourage, the good things that our supporters do in the hope that more people will do the same and more often.

I've always thought that the crowd in the new East would take a while to settle in their new environment, and up till yesterday, I thought the 12th man singing section had been a damp squib.

However, Rome wasn't built in a day, and although I think it can improve a lot more, they did pretty well yesterday. Certainly the best yet.

Hopefully, more and more folk will want to be part of it and it will go from strength to strength.

Good effort lads, keep persevering.

Through good times and bad.

lucky
17-10-2010, 08:52 AM
FFS why have a go at some guys who sing? ER is strange place just now. Over zealous stewards, fans that dont like other fans singing and shouting, players that are rank, A day at the football is meant to be enjoyable. The atmosphere was good against Killie and we won. I cant see what the problem is.

Antifa Hibs
17-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Atmosphere was decent yesterday, not quite Roma or Galatasary but a wee improvement to other matches this season.

I just wish the stewards would **** off! Saying that I/we stood no bother at all yesterday, shows what a wee bit solidarity can do :agree::thumbsup:

.Sean.
17-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Can't quote as i'm posting from my mobile, but I couldn't agree more with 500miles.

BroxburnHibee
17-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Can't quote as i'm posting from my mobile, but I couldn't agree more with 500miles.

OK.

No more singing till the moaning stops then :rolleyes:

500miles
17-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Listen, the 12th man scheme, for me, is a plasticy, tacky idea, and comes across as all a bit of kid-on ultra. However, it is a small group, it's not big enough to create any great atmosphere. It was all started with the best of intentions, and I appreciate the efforts of these guys - whether or not it works out. But my gripe isn't with them.

It's a section of the support that is possibly bigger, although obviously unorganised, that just make it totally unenjoyable to be at a football match. Some of it is essentially bullying. These guys pick victims in the team, and go at them all game.

It's a social thing in some cases. One guy wants to look the big baws with his mates, so starts at Hogg, Rankin, Nish or the manager - Evans was getting it after 20 minutes today. And they're aware of the reception from other fans. Every so often, one guy today turned his attention to the linesman to get the laughs, giving him the credibility to turn on the players again, after no one had got on board with his last barrage. Now, I'm sorry, if you can't get a laugh out of a short arsed, ginger, melon heided linesman, you're totally witless. Even if you can, it doesn't stop the rest of your contribution that afternoon any less moronic. I can only imagine these guys get knocked about by thier wives and need somewhere to go to prove thier masculinity.

I planned on going to a lot of away games this season, because one of my mates can drive. I went to Motherwell, but after a few trips to Easter Road, I decided that these guys make the ticket price, on top of petrol money and all the other away day expenses - a few pints for the non-drivers, scran etc. - make the whole thing not worth it. I can watch Hibs whether they are playeing well, poorly or indifferent, but I'm starting to get arguementitive with these negative guys, so I'm just going to leave it out until the team are kicking on, and these boys do thier usual disappearing act - hopefully to Tynie to drag the Hearts down.

As long as this element remains so influential at ER, the atmosphere cannot be congratulated, and a lot of fans are turned off from attending.

500miles
17-10-2010, 11:04 AM
OK.

No more singing till the moaning stops then :rolleyes:

My problem isn't with the singers - more power to them. But in terms of the crowd in general, they are outweighed by the idiots, and so, any backslapping as regards the general atmosphere at ER, is, at best, premature.

.Sean.
17-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Listen, the 12th man scheme, for me, is a plasticy, tacky idea, and comes across as all a bit of kid-on ultra. However, it is a small group, it's not big enough to create any great atmosphere. It was all started with the best of intentions, and I appreciate the efforts of these guys - whether or not it works out. But my gripe isn't with them.

It's a section of the support that is possibly bigger, although obviously unorganised, that just make it totally unenjoyable to be at a football match. Some of it is essentially bullying. These guys pick victims in the team, and go at them all game.

It's a social thing in some cases. One guy wants to look the big baws with his mates, so starts at Hogg, Rankin, Nish or the manager - Evans was getting it after 20 minutes today. And they're aware of the reception from other fans. Every so often, one guy today turned his attention to the linesman to get the laughs, giving him the credibility to turn on the players again, after no one had got on board with his last barrage. Now, I'm sorry, if you can't get a laugh out of a short arsed, ginger, melon heided linesman, you're totally witless. Even if you can, it doesn't stop the rest of your contribution that afternoon any less moronic. I can only imagine these guys get knocked about by thier wives and need somewhere to go to prove thier masculinity.

I planned on going to a lot of away games this season, because one of my mates can drive. I went to Motherwell, but after a few trips to Easter Road, I decided that these guys make the ticket price, on top of petrol money and all the other away day expenses - a few pints for the non-drivers, scran etc. - make the whole thing not worth it. I can watch Hibs whether they are playeing well, poorly or indifferent, but I'm starting to get arguementitive with these negative guys, so I'm just going to leave it out until the team are kicking on, and these boys do thier usual disappearing act - hopefully to Tynie to drag the Hearts down.

As long as this element remains so influential at ER, the atmosphere cannot be congratulated, and a lot of fans are turned off from attending.

Your sentiments are shared by myself. There are more than a few idiots attending Hibs matches.

BroxburnHibee
17-10-2010, 11:17 AM

It started off as a small group and indeed are still small - however they are growing.

I've already said I agree with you - but to call them a section gives them an unjustified importance - they're muppets.

After 20 minutes yesterday - I feared a doing - it was understandable the support were on edge at what we were watching. FWIW I sit close to the 'singing section' and I never heard anything being directed at GE.

I can understand feeling like that - was questioning whether I wanted to go back myself - as its been totally unenjoyable. The product on the park had a lot to do with that though - not just what was getting shouted from the stands

My problem isn't with the singers - more power to them. But in terms of the crowd in general, they are outweighed by the idiots, and so, any backslapping as regards the general atmosphere at ER, is, at best, premature.

You call it backslapping - I call it encouraging :greengrin

IndieHibby
17-10-2010, 11:17 AM

So why come here to gripe at them?

Agree completely :agree:. However, surely the way to change things is to become 'vocal' yourself - in a positive way? By not attending, you are increasing their 'share' of the noise. Following your own logic, this means that by not attending and being 'positively vocal' you are actually making the experience worse for those who do attend...:devil:

I planned on going to a lot of away games this season, because one of my mates can drive. I went to Motherwell, but after a few trips to Easter Road, I decided that these guys make the ticket price, on top of petrol money and all the other away day expenses - a few pints for the non-drivers, scran etc. - make the whole thing not worth it. I can watch Hibs whether they are playeing well, poorly or indifferent, but I'm starting to get arguementitive with these negative guys, so I'm just going to leave it out until the team are kicking on, and these boys do thier usual disappearing act

Then don't argue with them - do your arguing by singing and backing the players yourself...

And they remain influential because others let them.

Hopefully you are getting the message :wink: :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
17-10-2010, 11:19 AM

Agree completely :agree:. However, surely the way to change things is to become 'vocal' yourself - in a positive way? By not attending, you are increasing their 'share' of the noise. Following your own logic, this means that by not attending and being 'positively vocal' you are actually making the experience worse for those who do attend...:devil:

Then don't argue with them - do your arguing by singing and backing the players yourself...

Thats essentially what I was trying to say :greengrin

Arguing with the idiots won't help.

Drowning them out will :thumbsup:

tamig
17-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Need to give the "it's all gone quiet over there" song a rest, though - maybe if we're a couple of goals up but when there's only a goal in it, it's just asking for the inevitable to happen IMHO.

Absolutely. I cringe when that happens. Also the old "Who?" when the opposition make a sub. You just know what's coming next.

danderhallhibby
17-10-2010, 11:43 AM
The singing section was good yesterday. Gettin behind the boys when they need us! One thing i did notice though was the number of so called fans leaving with 5 or 10 minutes to go. FFS we are all meant to love this team. We are having a bad time at the moment, winning a match at home for the first time in 6 months and fans where leaving in their droves. I sit right in the middle of the new east and i think its an utter disgrace so many were heading for the exits. I could understand it if we where heading for yet another defeat but winning, i do not and never will understand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGTTH!!!!!:grr:

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 11:51 AM
I cant for the life of me understand why a group of fans trying to make the atmosphere better can be described as plastic? :confused: I dream of a time where we have 17000 plastic fans getting right behind the team on match days.

Phil D. Rolls
17-10-2010, 11:53 AM
I cant for the life of me understand why a group of fans trying to make the atmosphere better can be described as plastic? :confused: I dream of a time where we have 17000 plastic fans getting right behind the team on match days.

What, with song sheets, and little flags that say "Go Hibs!"?

Ed De Gramo
17-10-2010, 12:12 PM

WTF has the bullying element got to do with this thread?

There was no bullying yesterday in the singing section....it was a group of Hibs fans singing songs and standing up to those eejits that call themselves stewards.

Hibs want the fans to stand up and be counted, yet those stewards are telling us to sit down and say nowt.

Look at the Killie fans yesterday, they were singing quite well until stewards intervened and told them all to sit down....they went quiet (even though they were beating us at the time)...

The fans in section 43 (myself included :greengrin) should be proud of what we done. Yesterday was Hibs Fans 1-0 Phanny Stewards

Hibby D
17-10-2010, 12:12 PM

This self congratulatory pish is nauseating.

Mind and let us know when it's okay for us to applaud them, will you? What position should we be holding do you think? 3rd? 2nd? :dunno:

Why can't you just let them be? Most of them are just young lads (and lassies) and for you and others to come onto this thread and pour cold water on their efforts is in itself "nauseating" :bitchy:

Keep up the good work "the 12th man" :flag:

Hear Hear :agree:

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 12:28 PM

Is that what they do now?

500miles
17-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Mind and let us know when it's okay for us to applaud them, will you? What position should we be holding do you think? 3rd? 2nd? :dunno:

Why can't you just let them be? Most of them are just young lads (and lassies) and for you and others to come onto this thread and pour cold water on their efforts is in itself "nauseating" :bitchy:

Hear Hear :agree:

Did you actually read the rest of what I said, or just the first bit, misunderstand it, and let the righteous indignation allow you to miss the rest?

500miles
17-10-2010, 12:33 PM
WTF has the bullying element got to do with this thread?

There was no bullying yesterday in the singing section

The OP mentioned the Singing Section, but also "The Crowd". The Singing section is well intentioned, and there is nothing wrong with it (other than the sort of plasticy, manufactured connotations), and I'm not having a go at it.

"The Crowd", in general, has become a bit of an embarrassment though, because it's dominated by individuals like those I previously mentioned.

Phil MaGlass
17-10-2010, 12:39 PM
just looked at my post, mibbe ah should wind ma ane neck in.

Hibbyradge
17-10-2010, 12:49 PM

Many many excellent points.

Like you, I find myself having to bite my tongue during games, although as it's often pointed out to me, the negative folk are allowed to be negative.

The fact that it's utterly destructive and self defeating doesn't make it forbidden, unfortunately.

Saying anything often leads to bad feeling, arguments and worse, so it's probably wise to so keeping my own counsel.

Ironic though, that folk are allowed to throw as much abuse and scorn at our players, but if anyone says anything about their "performance" all hell breaks loose.

Keith_M
17-10-2010, 04:34 PM

It doesn't matter how a game pans out, first home win in five months, a large part of the Hibs support actually gets behind the team, even though we're losing, there's always some people coming on here moaning.

DaveF
17-10-2010, 05:10 PM
I thought the singing section did pretty well yesterday and while it was quiet for some longish spells, they did get behind the team and created a bit of an atmosphere so good on them for their best effort to date.

I wish the stewards would get off their case though and while I realise the club are in a difficult situation with the stupid laws in force nowadays, surely the singing section rep's should be in touch with the club hierarchy to ask the stewards to back off a bit? I think I'd probably give up the football if I saw Hibs fans being removed from the stadium for daring to stand while encouraging their team.

The 12th man still have a long way to go, but yesterday was a big step forward and I look forward to hearing a bit more in future.

Ed De Gramo
17-10-2010, 05:18 PM
I thought the singing section did pretty well yesterday and while it was quiet for some longish spells, they did get behind the team and created a bit of an atmosphere so good on them for their best effort to date.

I wish the stewards would get off their case though and while I realise the club are in a difficult situation with the stupid laws in force nowadays, surely the singing section rep's should be in touch with the club hierarchy to ask the stewards to back off a bit? I think I'd probably give up the football if I saw Hibs fans being removed from the stadium for daring to stand while encouraging their team.

The 12th man still have a long way to go, but yesterday was a big step forward and I look forward to hearing a bit more in future.

The stewards are jobsworths who should back off.

When they realised that fans wouldn't sit down....they picked on individuals....and were met with

'Stand up, if you hate jam tarts!'

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 05:56 PM
I cant understand the stewards or even the club telling them to make folk sit down? The official site, and yesterdays programme had a full page telling us the bounce got bigger. Why tell us this if they don't want it to bounce? :confused:

DaveF
17-10-2010, 06:12 PM
I cant understand the stewards or even the club telling them to make folk sit down? The official site, and yesterdays programme had a full page telling us the bounce got bigger. Why tell us this if they don't want it to bounce? :confused:

I'm assuming its a club directive the stewards are working to? If so, the club need to pull back from a probable future flash point IMO.

I've no idea how many thousand were in the Gladys street end at Goodison today but none of them were sitting down and the club \ stewards don't bother their arse with the OF when they visit so tell the stewards to back off and let the Home fans get on with supporting the team.

seanraff07
17-10-2010, 06:17 PM
I thought the Singing Section was very noisy for spells yesterday, the 1st half inparticular. I moved my ST seat yesterday so will be in section 43 from now on, can't wait for the derby.:thumbsup:

duffers
17-10-2010, 06:22 PM
I think most of the atmospere yesterday came when the stewards were trying to get us to sit down! As soon as they told people to sit down, another song would kick in. I say keep the stewards !

greenlex
17-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Hibernian Hibernian Rah Rah Rah.

RIP
17-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Think that the last 5 mins were tremendous from the fans. Getting right behind the team- if there had been no atmosphere who's to say the team wouldn't have got really nervous and lost a crucial goal.

Yeah, i heard them on the radio. As soon as killie scored all i could hear was "Hibees hibees!" I thought i was going crazy! :wink: Well done to the singers!:thumbsup:

That's it in one. Alistair Stevenson was on the BBC saying how fantastic the fans werre at a goal down. If the players notice and it wills them on to make a Nil One into a TWO ONe - we will have done our bit. When was the last time that happened?

TIPTOP KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP I SIT AT THE FRONT AND JOIN IN WI U A HEAR A LOT OF MOANING ABOUT IT BUT AM SURE THE PLAYERS APPRECIATE THE SINGING WE WILL SEE IF THEY JOIN IN WHEN THE **** COME AND NEXT SEASON A WILL BE MOVING UP BESIDE YOU LOT:thumbsup:

Alex - about 50 folk recently exchanged their ST's from other parts of the stand to Section 43. You can do it now - no need to wait till the end of the season. The club actively encourage it!!

Dinnae be such a jessie. The section are the guys who used to occupy The Shed and The Gantry and they are simply trying to regroup. The noisiest and the radgest of Hibs fans but nae better than anyone else.

Your feeble attempts at trying to paint these guys as anything other than a bunch of mad keen Hibbies simply makes YOU sound ridiculous :bye:

The only thing that's organised is the seating - the rest is just spontaneous support fer the Boys in Green

BroxburnHibee
17-10-2010, 10:53 PM
The Hearts game will take care of itself as far as atmosphere is concerned.

Its the Motherwell game after that we'll see if this improvement can maintain its upward spiral.

greenlex
17-10-2010, 11:15 PM
I sound ridiculous? Was what I posted sung or not?
That's it in one. Alistair Stevenson was on the BBC saying how fantastic the fans werre at a goal down. If the players notice and it wills them on to make a Nil One into a TWO ONe - we will have done our bit. When was the last time that happened?

Alex - about 50 folk recently exchanged their ST's from other parts of the stand to Section 43. You can do it now - no need to wait till the end of the season. The club actively encourage it!!

Dinnae be such a bunch o jessies lads. The section are the guys who used to occupy The Shed and The Gantry and they are simply trying to regroup. The noisiest and the radgest of Hibs fans but nae better than anyone else.

Your feeble attempts at trying to paint these guys as anything other than a bunch of mad keen Hibbies simply makes YOU sound ridiculous :bye:

The only thing that's organised is the seating - the rest is just spontaneous support fer the Boys in Green

brydekirk
18-10-2010, 12:57 AM

:agree: :notworthy:

Keith_M
18-10-2010, 08:00 AM

If you mean "Hibernian, hibernian, ra ra ra", I've heard that at games before and can assure you that it's entirely spontaneous and the people who originally started it, in a game in the mid 80's at Ibrox*, were doing it totally as a laugh, which I'm sure is how it's still meant.

* First league game after pumping them out the League Cup in 1985, also at Ibrox. Happy Days :greengrin

At The Edge
18-10-2010, 09:02 AM
The 'Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Ra' was started to keep people on their feet as at the time the stewards were hassling the folk who were standing, it was purely to keep the momentum going i was beside the guys who started it, then they went into 100 green bottles sitting on a wall, the stewards left us alone after this, with possibly the best chant of the day 'sit down if you hate the stewards'
i had a great time on Sat singing wise :thumbsup:

J-C
18-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Good to hear the fans singing and chanting after going a goal behind, good to see some encouragement for a changS saying that, 2 guys behind me were almost fighting when 1 guy shouted abuse at Wotherspoon for no good reason, the other guy told him to shut up and stop being an erse, then they stood up and exchanged verbals, all a bit embarrassing.:confused:

clashcityhibby
18-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Good to hear the fans singing and chanting after going a goal behind, good to see some encouragement for a changS saying that, 2 guys behind me were almost fighting when 1 guy shouted abuse at Wotherspoon for no good reason, the other guy told him to shut up and stop being an erse, then they stood up and exchanged verbals, all a bit embarrassing.:confused:

Ae you around row Q seat 90 ish?? 2 blokes near me were about sqauring up to eachother, it just looked stupid and totally un-neccessary!!!

Mickey Edwards
18-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Hibernian Hibernian Rah Rah Rah.

loved that , plus the poxy Mexican wave to keep folk standing up , plus all the other standing -up songs to rage against the steward machine.

The singing was good in the first half but was mostly ironic cause the technique on show was scratchy......made it less of an ordeal when you can sing over the negativity and have a laugh.

BTW, thought Killie played tidy stuff out from the back which created chances that should have been taken ...well impressed and would happily part with money to watch them again.....proper football that gives their fans hope of improvement {sigh} ...ah mind o' the day.........

RIP
18-10-2010, 02:49 PM

Sorry Greenlex - I mistakenly thought ye were taking the mick. I've now edited my post to remove the reference to yours

J-C
18-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Ae you around row Q seat 90 ish?? 2 blokes near me were about sqauring up to eachother, it just looked stupid and totally un-neccessary!!!

Yep, P95 East, sitting beside Pat Nevin

greenlex
18-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Sorry Greenlex - I mistakenly thought ye were taking the mick. I've now edited my post to remove the reference to yours
Cool. I did have a chuckle at that one though. :greengrin

.Sean.
19-10-2010, 08:12 PM
If you mean "Hibernian, hibernian, ra ra ra", I've heard that at games before and can assure you that it's entirely spontaneous and the people who originally started it, in a game in the mid 80's at Ibrox*, were doing it totally as a laugh, which I'm sure is how it's still meant.

* First league game after pumping them out the League Cup in 1985, also at Ibrox. Happy Days :greengrin
My auld man is positive it was started at a mach in Dumbarton when folk were bored as!?

w.connectionfc
19-10-2010, 08:29 PM
The 'Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Ra' was started to keep people on their feet as at the time the stewards were hassling the folk who were standing, it was purely to keep the momentum going i was beside the guys who started it, then they went into 100 green bottles sitting on a wall, the stewards left us alone after this, with possibly the best chant of the day 'sit down if you hate the stewards'
i had a great time on Sat singing wise :thumbsup:

hibernian hibernian rah rah rah
god bless ma
god bless pa
god bless hibernian rah rah rah

some sillieness sung on the beastie mccluskey bus way back in the day :thumbsup:

HibeeMcGinn1
19-10-2010, 08:33 PM
My auld man is positive it was started My dadat a mach in Dumbarton when folk were bored as!?

My dad seems to think it's something to do with the Scottish Claymores Cheerleaders? When they were at Easter Road or something?

Rasta_Hibs
19-10-2010, 08:49 PM

I agree with you! You need to stand your ground and dont let the idiots win. Cheer the team on! join in with the singing. Be postitive and contribute towards a better atmosphere.

BroxburnHibee
19-10-2010, 09:16 PM
god bless ma
god bless pa
god bless hibernian rah rah rah

some sillieness sung on the beastie mccluskey bus way back in the day :thumbsup:

Ah the beastie bus............those were the days :greengrin