PDA

View Full Version : Valdas Trakys

Diclonius
16-10-2010, 07:18 PM
He's been at the club for a month. Surely he'll be fit now? :dunno:

sixtwo
16-10-2010, 07:22 PM
maybe he is just crap???

He is a lith, he has more clubs than antoine courier and I for one think he was a desperate signing by a pathetic manager clutching at straws!

Bring back byrne and send this fraud back to kaunas via tynie!

lyonhibs
16-10-2010, 07:25 PM
maybe he is just crap???

He is a lith, he has more clubs than antoine courier and I for one think he was a desperate signing by a pathetic manager clutching at straws!

Ahhhh, a glorious summary of all that is wrong with the total kneejerk/judgemental approach to new players that aren't immediately world beaters.

A "fraud"??? - isn't that a bit steep?? :bitchy:

Rossco1875
16-10-2010, 07:26 PM
maybe he is just crap???

let the guy play before you judge him :bitchy:

sixtwo
16-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Ahhhh, a glorious summary of all that is wrong with the total kneejerk/judgemental approach to new players that aren't immediately world beaters.

A "fraud"??? - isn't that a bit steep?? :bitchy:

Time will tell.

Duffys13
16-10-2010, 07:27 PM
maybe he is just crap???

Antoine Courier is a free agent after Dundee's Administration. I don't think he will ever return but I do think he was punted too soon

sixtwo
16-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Antoine Courier is a free agent after Dundee's Administration. I don't think he will ever return but I do think he was punted too soon

I'd rather see us tap up leigh griffiths and get him as soon as his contract is breached! Maybe a bit predatory ( vulture like) but it is a business afterall!

Alex Trager
16-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Time will tell.
See your own post and then refer to your first

Duffys13
16-10-2010, 07:37 PM
I'd rather see us tap up leigh griffiths and get him as soon as his contract is breached! Maybe a bit predatory ( vulture like) but it is a business afterall!

Indeed, he is another player I would like to see us take a chance on:greengrin

The_Todd
16-10-2010, 07:39 PM
He is a lith

And?

Skanko79
16-10-2010, 07:47 PM
I dunno why everyone is screaming out to sign Griffiths.

Greenblood70
16-10-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm wondering whether we'll see much more of him tbh. My personal opinion is that we wont.

Duffys13
16-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Indeed, he is another player I would like to see us take a chance on:greengrin

Not screaming out :confused:

Musselbound
16-10-2010, 07:50 PM
maybe he is just crap???

I was quite hopeful for him at the time but that may have been just a desperate supporter clutching at straws. I have a feeling now that will prove to be the case but let's see.

Barney McGrew
16-10-2010, 08:07 PM
It would be properly piss-your-pants-funny if he came off the bench in our next home game to score a last minute winner against the Gorgie tramps though :greengrin

Diclonius
16-10-2010, 08:11 PM
It would be properly piss-your-pants-funny if he came off the bench in our next home game to score a last minute winner against the Gorgie tramps though :greengrin

:pray:

Alex Trager
16-10-2010, 08:27 PM
:pray:
i'll second that :pray: Definatley be a:shhhsh!: moment

Beefster
17-10-2010, 07:23 AM

Because he's a well-known Hibs fan.

HibeeMcGinn1
17-10-2010, 01:02 PM
maybe he is just crap???

Everything that's wrong with hibs fans today. Phanee.

Pete70
17-10-2010, 01:03 PM

I couldn't care less what team a player supprted, I would ratrher they where signed because of their ability.

Have we no had enough problems with managers just because they were players/fans of the club?

HibeeMcGinn1
17-10-2010, 01:07 PM

So am I, can I get a contract?

Na in all honesty though I think sparky would be a great signing. A Scotland u21 cap and with a great eye for goal and with Dundee in cash problems I think the chance of singing a player with a great future for a well below value price would be to good to turn down.

WindyMiller
17-10-2010, 01:33 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKfZZspS7mbGUjPs6aT68M2i5PHI1N8 yL6ZzWljrA84CHy7kE&t=1&usg=__M1Le2XyfkOqIgjYZ1oEaOrUCilc=

Houchy
17-10-2010, 01:53 PM

So's nish:greengrin

I agree that I'd also love us to sign him but in all honesty, I can't really say why though as I don't know anything about him, other than he's a "promising youngster"

franco
17-10-2010, 01:54 PM

cos hes pure teckle man :wink:

HFC 0-7
17-10-2010, 01:59 PM
So am I, can I get a contract?

Na in all honesty though I think sparky would be a great signing. A Scotland u21 cap and with a great eye for goal and with Dundee in cash problems I think the chance of singing a player with a great future for a well below value price would be to good to turn down.

Dont really want hibs to sign him to be honest. Hibs are seriously lacking any height in midfield and attack, and we are also too lightweight so Griffiths wouldnt address that. We need to bring in a couple of big tough midfielders and forwards.

basehibby
17-10-2010, 02:00 PM
maybe he is just crap???

I'm presuming you have the power of omniscience since you already know all about this guy having seen him play for a maximum of about ten minutes!

I'd have no problem with Byrne getting a run out - especially if all-seeing-all-knowing soccer sooth sayers like yourself have such a precise pre-science of this players crapness.

On the other hand, maybe you're just spouting verbal daioreah :bitchy:

Hibs90
17-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Griffiths is quality and has alot of potential. Story in the NOTW today linking him with St. Johnstone, he's better than that.

lyonhibs
17-10-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm presuming you have the power of omniscience since you already know all about this guy having seen him play for a maximum of about ten minutes!

I'd have no problem with Byrne getting a run out - especially if all-seeing-all-knowing soccer sooth sayers like yourself have such a precise pre-science of this players crapness.

On the other hand, maybe you're just spouting verbal daioreah :bitchy:

:confused::confused:

:greengrin

Totally agree though. Who cares if he's from Lithuania??
Slightly sinister undertones to that statement IMO

Thecat23
17-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Dont really want hibs to sign him to be honest. Hibs are seriously lacking any height in midfield and attack, and we are also too lightweight so Griffiths wouldnt address that. We need to bring in a couple of big tough midfielders and forwards.

Isn't he about the same height as Stokes? look what he done! i do agree we need a bit height in midfield but a striker doesn't need to be huge to be good.

tamig
17-10-2010, 08:12 PM
maybe he is just crap???

What a load of pish. :bitchy:

18/03/07
17-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah he's a hibs fan so what!!,i've been told that he had his chance with us a few year ago but he blew it big time,he was on trial with s.welsh,l.currie when they all played with leith athletic,but he thought he was a billy big time.
In saying that we all grow up and maybe he deserves a 2nd chance,but he has not been relaesed by Dundee

--------
17-10-2010, 08:34 PM

More than a 'bit' predatory, IMO.

Also, the new manager has to come in, assess what he has, and decode what business he wants to so in January.

This is how we've arrived in the position we're in at present - "Oh look, Numpty McGlaikit's free, sign him!"

Doesn't matter whether he's the sort of player we're needing, or the sort of guy who'll be good for team spirit, or even whether he's REALLY any good.

He's free, someone said he could "do a job" for us (goodness, how I HATE that expression "do a job for us". 'Here Jimmy, see's a bottle of Syrup of Figs. Drink it down and away and do a job for us in the opposition goalmouth....') - so we sign him up.

Which is how we've ended up with dozens of goalies, a huge assortment of centre-backs, a numerous but vertically-challenged midfield, and a strike-force of Deek, Big Nish, and a valetudinarian Lithuanian who's played 10 minutes in the last month and apparently had to go for a long lie down afterwards. Oh yes, and the elusive Darryl Duffy, who hasn't even made it onto the pitch yet....

It's how we signed Alan O'Brien, the Man On The Motor-Bike. Pity he wasn't allowed to bring it onto the pitch with him.

And Brian Kerr, the Master of the Unseen Work Ethic. If he'd been that good at 'unseen work', we'd have been playing with 12 men every week. 11 doing the grunt work, and the Invisible Man popping up all over the place, giving the opposition conniptions.

And Hong Kong Thierry, the Kamikaze Full-Back.

And Torben Joneleit, the centre-back who couldn't head the ball.

Add your own.

It's going to take more than a few months to sort out the mess we're in thanks to the rapid turnover of managers and the incredible in-and-out transit of players - some of whom even resembled footballers from time to time.

I REALLY don't think we want to be signing ANYONE until we've signed up the new boss and his second-in-command.

hibs4eve
17-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Lee would be a great signing if he goes to the old firm it would be a waste of career

basehibby
17-10-2010, 11:37 PM

I think it's more pace we're lacking in attack

jonny
18-10-2010, 12:14 AM

He signed 5 weeks ago and has actually been at the club for 6.
I don't know if there are perhaps underlying problems - carrying an injury maybe.
I can't comment on the guys ability because I've only seen about 5 minutes of him but if there are no injuries and he cant get fit enough to play a game of football in 6 weeks questions have to be asked.

After what we've seen, or not seen so far then I can understand sixtwo's concern about the guys talent. Maybe he was a desperate signing by Yogi just to appease us fans and keep the wolf from the door for another few weeks.

On a side issue I would absolutely love to be made to eat humble pie by Trakys on derby day. Sadly I can't see it.

oldbutdim
18-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Yeah he's a hibs fan so what!!,i've been told that he had his chance with us a few year ago but he blew it big time,he was on trial with s.welsh,l.currie when they all played with leith athletic,but he thought he was a billy big time.
In saying that we all grow up and maybe he deserves a 2nd chance,but he has not been relaesed by Dundee

I'm not getting all moist about him either to be honest.
St J have indicated an interest, and Rodders has also been in touch about signing the lad.

Yes.
That's right - the Rodders that 'never interferes in the football side'

:cool2:

greenlex
18-10-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm not getting all moist about him either to be honest.
St J have indicated an interest, and Rodders has also been in touch about signing the lad.

Yes.
That's right - the Rodders that 'never interferes in the football side'

there is interfering and doing his job negotiating/enquiring about your managers targets though. I wonder what he was doing?

oldbutdim
18-10-2010, 12:47 AM
there is interfering and doing his job negotiating/enquiring about your managers targets though. I wonder what he was doing?

Interfering.
:top marks

It's not his job anymore.
:wink:

And of course there is no manager.

greenlex
18-10-2010, 12:51 AM
Interfering.
:top marks

It's not his job anymore.
:wink:

And of course there is no manager.
of course it's his job. Does it involve spending cash?
You are correct. There is no manager ............. Officially.:)

brydekirk
18-10-2010, 01:13 AM

yogi said he needed 2 weeks . :confused:

Keith_M
18-10-2010, 07:51 AM
....and a valetudinarian Lithuanian

And this month's 'oh-sh*t-where's-the-dictionary' award goes to...

Doddie!

--------
18-10-2010, 01:28 PM
And this month's 'oh-sh*t-where's-the-dictionary' award goes to...

Doddie!

VALETUDINARIAN: (noun) a person of poor health or unduly anxious about health; (adjective) of or being a valetudinarian; of poor health; seeking to recover one's health. (From the Latin.)

Synonyms include 'sick-note', as in "Chris 'Sick-note' Killen", and 'lead-swinging', as in "that dirty wee lead-swinging toe-rag Kevin Thomson".