PDA

View Full Version : Today's Selection

Hibby Bairn
16-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Says a lot about who Stevenson and Evans knew they could trust. Guys like Hogg and Rankin alongside younger boys who they know well like Wotherspoon, Hanlon and Stevenson. The latter being of particular significance I think and who played very well 2nd half. I like Stevenson, he can take a pass and make a pass, but his progress has been stop start since 2007 when he was MOTM in the final.

Hanlon should start every week imo with Dickho simply hindering his progress. Wotherspoon played with more confidence than for months which tells its own story re who he was playing for.

Well done the caretakers.

BEEJ
16-10-2010, 06:56 PM
:agree:

Great, great work by Stevenson and Evans in the last two weeks in preparing the team for this match and then managing them through a tricky fixture to secure three points. :flag:

Stevenson completely unassuming in the interviews. Just telling it straight to the journalists looking for an angle that he and Gareth had been asked to do a job and they had done it. Just brilliant to know that we have folks of that calibre at the club! :not worth

And if indeed a new management team is announced next week we owe a debt of gratitude to Alistair and Gareth (and the others) for stepping forward in very difficult circumstances and successfully steadying the ship. :applause::applause:

We can't thank them enough. :flag: GGTTH

Shrekko
16-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Says a lot about who Stevenson and Evans knew they could trust. Guys like Hogg and Rankin alongside younger boys who they know well like Wotherspoon, Hanlon and Stevenson. The latter being of particular significance I think and who played very well 2nd half. I like Stevenson, he can take a pass and make a pass, but his progress has been stop start since 2007 when he was MOTM in the final.

Hanlon should start every week imo with Dickho simply hindering his progress. Wotherspoon played with more confidence than for months which tells its own story re who he was playing for.

Well done the caretakers.

I'm grateful for any Hibs win these days and I really hope these guys get kept on in some capacity, but I think any credit regarding today should be for them instilling some battling spirit in the team. The team selection was bizarre.

The selection of Stevenson at left back was the biggest mystery and could well have cost us the game if Killie had been more clinical at 1-0. Time and time again he got caught on the wrong side of the ball or was simply outmuscled. Perhaps he can take and make a pass, but most of them are backwards, sideways, or suicidal.

There are certain players that I've just had enough of seeing and todays selection reeked of 'favourites' with all this seasons new players relegated to the bench or the stand. The football was horrible, absolutely awful, and I cant wait for the 'new broom'.

At The Edge
16-10-2010, 07:34 PM
when i first heard the team news, i raised an eyebrow or two, didn't fill me with confidence, wasn't the best i've seen Hibs, very vunrable at times all over the park, and boy can we still not run, counter attacks are null and void by the time it takes some players to get up the park......but a wins a win and its 3 points on the board.
:thumbsup:

Greenblood70
16-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Stevenson and Evans obviously picked players they thought they could trust to put in a shift today. Was unsure why Hart (who I think has been one of our few positives this season) was dropped tho.

It was rarely pretty but it was refreshing to see us at least committed to the cause and displaying some character/backbone to battle back from an early setback.

We all know the problems we have..lack of creativity, width, pace up front etc but given those limitations it was a vital 3 points and a win I'm sure the incoming management team will be grateful for as it removes the awful "since a win at home" stat.