PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hogg

Jones28
16-10-2010, 04:26 PM
:notworthy: see what confidence does to a player? As soon as he scored his first he was a different man!

And what about the second?! :thumbsup:

Alex Trager
16-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Words cant describe how happy I was for him. He was the only player who showed a hunger rite from the first whistle. And the second goal. Superb

_hucks_
16-10-2010, 04:33 PM
I was well impressed with Hogg today - going forward he clearly isn't a natural but he worked very hard, and was doing his best to get into the right positions. For his second goal, he'd been in an advanced position down the right, the ball was on the left flank and he drifted into the box really well. He sometimes struggles, but he's clearly an intelligent player who knows the game well, and with some confidence he can be a cracking player.

Don Giovanni
16-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Chris Hogg = Goal Machine!

Er...well... mibbe no... but well done on a winning performance today.

Keep up the good work...!

Westie1875
16-10-2010, 04:42 PM
I must admit I was a bit concerned seeing him lining up at right back to begin with.

That said, I was delighted for Hoggy today. After being dropped a few weeks ago to come into the team today, play out of position and go on to lead by example scoring the winning goals (2nd was a peach of a header) was fantastic. He must be over the moon tonight. :thumbsup:

hibee
16-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Fantastic response to being dropped, delighted for him and us, not having to sit through yet another loss !!

I Love Lamp
16-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Chris Hogg: Cometh the hour, cometh the man!

OtterHibee
16-10-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm absolutely over the moon for him :thumbsup:

Still can't stop smiling. Doesn't score for 5 years and then hits a double within the space of 10 minutes, and incidentally against the team he netted his only previous goal for Hibs back in 2006 against. Superb!

Well done Chris! You deserve that.

Toaods
16-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Man of the Match? Jesus, he was murder. The most central right back ever seen. If he's our future we're in big trouble.

ionahibby
16-10-2010, 04:55 PM
So happy for hogg about time he got some luck! But i do think some folk are two faced though when it comes to hogg , folk at the game today were singing his praises yet these were the same folk that were giving him unjustified(imho) pelters and that he shouldn't play again months back! But anyway well done hogg you were outstanding today :top marks

nonshinyfinish
16-10-2010, 04:56 PM

Still can't stop smiling. Doesn't score for 5 years and then hits a double within the space of 10 minutes, and incidentally against the team he netted his only previous goal for Hibs back in 2005 against. Superb!

January 2006. :wink:

grantonhibee
16-10-2010, 04:58 PM
delighted for chris hogg maybe a few others should be dropped to allow the hunger to come back , great performance hopefully onwards and upwards from here

OtterHibee
16-10-2010, 05:03 PM
January 2006. :wink:

Indeed :blushie: 2-2 draw at Rugby Park.

1two
16-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Christopher Hogg superstar!

Thought he was partly at fault for there goal though!

BroxburnHibee
16-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Man of the Match? Jesus, he was murder. The most central right back ever seen. If he's our future we're in big trouble.

:agree:

Delighted for him on a personal level - a great big GIRUY to all his detractors (me included)

Never a full back in a million years though - he'll not be worried about that tonight :greengrin:greengrin

Hanlon or Bamba MOM for me

Keith_M
16-10-2010, 05:18 PM

Stone. Back. Under. Crawl.

That is all.

Hibs Class
16-10-2010, 05:21 PM

MOTM without a doubt. His two goals were what made the difference today.

Skanko79
16-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Delighted for Hoggy, lets hope for more of the same from him. Hope his confidence spreads throughout the team.

col02
16-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Hogg did ok today and I am delighted for him to get the two goals that won the match. Fwiw I thought Wotherspoon was motm as he was back to his best I felt. No doubt be someone to shoot that claim down soon though as not the done thing to praise Hibs players. Good win today and albeit it only one win something at least to try and get a bit momentum going.

DC_Hibs
16-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Stone. Back. Under. Crawl.

That is all.

I agree with him. Their left winger scored and then missed a sitter with Hogg sleeping at the back post just before Hogg got his first.

Before the clowns start rattling their keyboard....Yes I know that he scored two great goals that won us the game.

Dinkydoo
16-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Well done Hoggy; I've now got my two new hibs tops with his and Nish's name on the back. Oh wait I forgot, Nish is still pish :doh:

Seriously though, he does deserve a little praise for winning the match for us the day.

I take it he is "Hibs class" now? :rolleyes:

w.connectionfc
16-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Hogg did ok today and I am delighted for him to get the two goals that won the match. Fwiw I thought Wotherspoon was motm as he was back to his best I felt. No doubt be someone to shoot that claim down soon though as not the done thing to praise Hibs players. Good win today and albeit it only one win something at least to try and get a bit momentum going.

:agree: wotherspoon way better than off late, would,ve subbed rankin before him today

hibee_always
16-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Well Done hoggy.. Just shows-Hogg back in the team and a win.. Great performance.. Pleased for the lad.. Defo MOM:top marks:thumbsup:

alex74
16-10-2010, 05:41 PM
:agree: wotherspoon way better than off late, would,ve subbed rankin before him todayGot to give hogg credit today am not his biggest fan but got stuck in from the first whistle:top marks

col02
16-10-2010, 05:42 PM
:agree: wotherspoon way better than off late, would,ve subbed rankin before him today

Thinking maybe the exertions of playing for the Scotland 21's maybe took their toll on Wotherspoon hence the sub. Not been many players in recent years that I have thought can go on and play at a high level apart from maybe Steven Fletcher but Wotherspoon has imho potential to go really far in the game. I would love to see him given a role in the centre of midfield next season as he will have enough experience to handle the rough and tumble in there.

lucky
16-10-2010, 05:44 PM
2 goals 1 assist. Somes it up for me. Second goal a cracker but he is an awful defender. Never MoM. But at least he tries.

SRHibs
16-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I thought he had a shaky start and was leaving us a bit exposed, but after his goal he gained confidence, and with the support behind him he looked A LOT better than he has done recently. You don't get POTY if you're *****, and I'd imagine if he hits a bit of form then he'll become an integral part of our team again.

thebakerboy
16-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Thought we started the game with a 3 5 2 formation but after Hoggy did his McManus impression , and ran under the cross to leave forward an open goal at the back post and a couple more near things , the 'management team' quickly changed to a standard 4 4 2 pulling Stevenson into LB and pushed Hoggy wide into RB (insert your own anti Yogi/Mixu comment here ). From there we played a bit better with Wotherspoon playing very well on the right. Now to Hogg , was to blame for goal , and is never a full back but he tried his heart out and scored two cracking headers so what can you say but well done son , hope it gives you back the confidence you lost under Yogi. I have one more thing to say , keeper is taking a free kick just outside the box and our centre forward is caught offside 60yds away on the edge of our opponents box HOW HOW HOW HOW can't he see where other players are it's not rocket science Nish is @{£$. GOOD TO WIN AT HOME :greengrin:thumbsup:

Dirkster23
16-10-2010, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=thebakerboy;2608232]Thought we started the game with a 3 5 2 formation
We played 4 4 2 from the start today but both fullbacks had obviously been told to push up the wings when we had the ball.

Hogg was guilty of tucking in too much today, but that's what happens when you play a CH at fullback. Two cracking headers and gave his all for the cause. Can't really ask for any more than that.

sixtwo
16-10-2010, 07:15 PM
I criticise players when they are bad and I often aim criticism at hogg and nish when they are poor, but when players play well they deserve credit. When players make the difference they deserve to be applauded. When they score two goals to win the first home game for many months, they deserve a standing ovation. Well done Chris, keep it up!:wink: Your effort today was appreciated by every hibby!

Rossco1875
16-10-2010, 07:27 PM
brilliant response to being dropped :thumbsup:

erin go bragh
16-10-2010, 07:30 PM
well done yes but thank the lord he came off when he did as he is never a right back in a million years [ had he stayed on i dont think we would have won] as the left winger was beating him at will, and should have scored when clean through but passed instead of shooting. but 2 goals and a win ya fin beauty
GGTTH

Greenblood70
16-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Never a right back in million years but gave everything today after a very shaky start.

Great headers and could teach some of our players a thing or two about commitment.

I'll be honest although I admire Hoggs attitude and am delighted for him for his goals today I honestly don't think we'll get away with selecting him at right back too often.

That said well done on the MOTM and thanks for the 3 points.

Toaods
16-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Never a right back in million years but gave everything today after a very shaky start.

Great headers and could teach some of our players a thing or two about commitment.

I'll be honest although I admire Hoggs attitude and am delighted for him for his goals today I honestly don't think we'll get away with selecting him at right back too often.

Well typed. Probably more succinctly put than my post but bang on the mark. We have to move up a level from this.

HibeePaj
16-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Great performance from the man. 10/10

Two good goals and interesting to see him lineup at Left Back. Definately less of a liability there.

Worthy of the standing ovation.

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
16-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Don't get me wrong, delighted for Hoggy with his goals but never a right back. Was at fault for ther goal along with Stevenson and there was an almost identical incident just before we equalised. Still, he looked to have a determination that wasn't there before he was dropped.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2010, 09:21 PM

:top marks:agree:

Hibby D
16-10-2010, 09:39 PM

Perfect summation :top marks

Billy
16-10-2010, 09:42 PM
:notworthy: see what confidence does to a player? As soon as he scored his first he was a different man!

The 2nd goal can now be seen on the freeview player on the front page of the Official site.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10290,00.html

Toaods
16-10-2010, 11:24 PM
"but in the end they thoroughly deserved the three points"....:faf:

chrisski33
17-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Blimey the guy scores two goals and sum on here still find time to be negative towards him! Does it matter if he wasnt put in his correct position?

rainman
17-10-2010, 01:11 AM
I agree with him. Their left winger scored and then missed a sitter with Hogg sleeping at the back post just before Hogg got his first.

Before the clowns start rattling their keyboard....Yes I know that he scored two great goals that won us the game.

I think the point being made is what a difference a bit of confidence makes.

Everybody knows Hogg isn't as bad as he had been playing. His confidence was obviously shot, he must've been a bag of nerves yesterday knowing what our fans are like these days. So to get a goal and then another, and by all accounts, play well until he went off injured. Some fans (who are now in the minority) feel it only right to show their gratitude that our longest serving player had a good day at the office.

It'll never catch on.

AgentDaleCooper
17-10-2010, 01:19 AM

that's the spirit! :thumbsup:

hibiedude
17-10-2010, 04:44 AM
Yesterday wasn't about performance it was about points on the board, the new manager will sort out who plays where........

As for Hogg i'm over the moon because it tells people like me- know now't about this guy.

cad
17-10-2010, 05:20 AM
Well done Hoggy great to get the 3 points

Expecting Rain
17-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Yesterday bordered on the surreal, the return of Hogg as a goalscorer, i`m glad for him and his fan club (seriously) enjoy the moment.

hibiedude
17-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Its fair to say that some fans prefer certian players at the club and Hogg is not everyones cup of tea but the fact the guy scored 2 goals after being dropped by Yogi and secures us 3 points in a long long time should be celebrated.

R01rdan Nish and C0 drew a blank aginst Killie but as things stand i'll take goals no matter where they come from.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Yesterday wasn't about performance it was about points on the board, the new manager will sort out who plays where........

As for Hogg i'm over the moon because it tells people like me- know now't about this guy.

:agree: They could have played the whole under 19s team yesterday, but as long as they got the right result, it was all that mattered.

.Sean.
17-10-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm delighted for Hogg, I really am. Did the ********s who regularly boo him celebrate his goals I wonder?

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm delighted for Hogg, I really am. Did the ********s who regularly boo him celebrate his goals I wonder?

I think he's not good enough, i have criticised him in the past and thought some of his defending yesterday was woefull. Does it mean i cant celebrate a goal now if its him who scores? :confused:

Mikeystewart
17-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Best I've ever seen Hogg, that's the kind of performance ,work rate and controlled aggression you want to see from your captain. Hopefully he can keep it up and not get complacent or the crowd will be on his back in no time. :top marks

Would like to give a shout out to Stevenson who I thought has a much improved second half, I put his first half nervousness down to it being his first game in a while but he made some meaningful contributions and tackles in the second half. :top marks

Toaods
17-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Best I've ever seen Hogg, that's the kind of performance ,work rate and controlled aggression you want to see from your captain. Hopefully he can keep it up and not get complacent or the crowd will be on his back in no time. :top marks

Would like to give a shout out to Stevenson who I thought has a much improved second half, I put his first half nervousness down to it being his first game in a while but he made some meaningful contributions and tackles in the second half. :top marks

So to summarise, that's the best you've ever seen him and he suffered from 'first half nervousness' ....:confused:

hibiedude
17-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I think he's not good enough, i have criticised him in the past and thought some of his defending yesterday was woefull. Does it mean i cant celebrate a goal now if its him who scores? :confused:

Have to agree iv'e criticised Hogg many times myself and think when the new Manager arrives hogg will struggle to keep his place in the team but that dosen't stop me celebrating when he scores.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Have to agree iv'e criticised Hogg many times myself and think when the new Manager arrives hogg will struggle to keep his place in the team but that dosen't stop me celebrating when he scores.

If we are not to celebrate any goal from a players thats taken stick in the past, every time we score will be pretty silent.

.Sean.
17-10-2010, 11:55 AM

I've seen Hogg far better than that. I attended the majority of matches in 07/08 and he rightfully won the POTY award - He was absolutely outstanding. There's still a mighty fine centre half in there.

Ed De Gramo
17-10-2010, 12:00 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well done Hoggy :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 12:04 PM
I've seen Hogg far better than that. I attended the majority of matches in 07/08 and he rightfully won the POTY award - He was absolutely outstanding. There's still a mighty fine centre half in there.

He's been honking for a very long time. Yesterday his defending was poor, although he's no right back. He scored twice though to mask his defensive mistakes. He was running on adreniline towards the end before being substituted by a far better right back. He deserves great credit for his goals yesterday, but i cant forget the last couple of seasons form, and again like Lewis Stevenson, he had a good spell 3 years ago too, he's not good enough imho, and never will be.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-10-2010, 12:04 PM
You can't take away his two goals and obvious commitment but in reality, he can't ly play in that position as a long time fix. I thought that we were weak in both full back positions TBH and I would put some of that blame on to our midfield as well as we didn't seem to do enough to deny them space and to try and get the ball back in the less dangerous parts of the pitch. Lost count of the amount of times the ball was getting shot clean across our penalty area and when you play against teams that have quicker players to arrive there as the man over, then each of those crosses is a potential goal.

Dinkydoo
17-10-2010, 12:05 PM

This is what really annoys me. OK, I understand that everyone is happy with the goals he scored but the abuse he was getting before was way out of order (and the same goes for Nish btw); he scores a couple of goals and people totally change their mind.

I really don't think he is as bad as some folk were making out and I'm really glad that he got a couple of goals yesterday but to go from giving the guy constant pelters to chuffing about him winning the game for us stinks of hypocrisy, all IMO of course.

500miles
17-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Chris Hogg perhaps had a degree of responsibility with thier goal, but he was not the man to carry the can for the whole thing. Hammill was left to run from midfield, and Hogg had to decide early whether he was going to stick with his man or challenge the runner. He decided to track Hammill, because he looked like he was getting there. However, Hammill also threw his hand at the ball, and, anticipating contact, Hogg had to re-adjust his body, which meant he missed it, and that man left spare at the back post just tucked it under Brown.

So whoever I'm thinking, as the main defensive midfielder, McBride was the man posted missing there , or perhaps Miller, is the one to carry the can there, because he left the defense so exposed.

--------
17-10-2010, 12:16 PM

This is what really annoys me. OK, I understand that everyone is happy with the goals he scored but the abuse he was getting before was way out of order (and the same goes for Nish btw); he scores a couple of goals and people totally change their mind.

I really don't think he is as bad as some folk were making out and I'm really glad that he got a couple of goals yesterday but to go from giving the guy constant pelters to chuffing about him winning the game for us stinks of hypocrisy, all IMO of course.

Chris hasn't been playing well for long enough. Some of that's down to being played out of position, some of it (I suspect) may be down to the general malaise around the first-team squad and the dressing-room.

Hibs 'supporters' booing any player in a Hibs shirt through a game is stupid - how can we expect a guy to give his best of the crowd supposed to be on his side spends the 90 minutes yelling abuse at him?

Yesterday wasn't pretty, from what I hear, but it was three precious points well-won in the end, thanks not least to Chris Hogg buckling down and overcoming a bad start to score two goals in a senior match for the first time in his career.

When the new manager finally arrives, a lot of us are going to have to remember that football teams don't get built overnight. Nobody's ever criticised Chris's professional attitude. IMO this may be needed over the next season or so if the attitude problems at ER are to be overcome. That goes for one or two other players who regularly figure as targets on these forums. Sometimes 2-3 hard-working tradesmen are a better investment than a barrowload of primadonnas, however gifted.

Phil MaGlass
17-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Well done Hoggy, always thought he had it,confidence was low and now he is playing the way he should be lets hope over the coming weeks that type of passion passes over to the rest ofthe squad.

--------
17-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Well done Hoggy, always thought he had it,confidence was low and now he is playing the way he should be lets hope over the coming weeks that type of passion passes over to the rest ofthe squad.

Dinkydoo
17-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Chris hasn't been playing well for long enough. Some of that's down to being played out of position, some of it (I suspect) may be down to the general malaise around the first-team squad and the dressing-room.

Hibs 'supporters' booing any player in a Hibs shirt through a game is stupid - how can we expect a guy to give his best of the crowd supposed to be on his side spends the 90 minutes yelling abuse at him?

Yesterday wasn't pretty, from what I hear, but it was three precious points well-won in the end, thanks not least to Chris Hogg buckling down and overcoming a bad start to score two goals in a senior match for the first time in his career.

When the new manager finally arrives, a lot of us are going to have to remember that football teams don't get built overnight. Nobody's ever criticised Chris's professional attitude. IMO this may be needed over the next season or so if the attitude problems at ER are to be overcome. That goes for one or two other players who regularly figure as targets on these forums. Sometimes 2-3 hard-working tradesmen are a better investment than a barrowload of primadonnas, however gifted.

I agree with pretty much all of that, as per usual Doddie.

What I would add is that it hasn't just been Hogg who hasn't been upto scratch of late and I think that with his outstanding performance over the 07/08 season, people were expecting so much more from him. This is probably one of the main factors in why he's received so much abuse - apart from the fact that he has been one of the more consistantly poor players over the last couple of years. This however doesn't justify the level of stick he's been getting for a while on here now, in quite a few games you could see he was trying but he maybe isn't as good as the standard he set in that season.

The same goes for Nish, he perhaps isn't the most technically gifted player but to boo during a game or bash away a few bug ger words on a fan forum about him is a bit uncalled for IMO.

For whatever reason (players fell out with the manager and wanted a change...) we've played really, really crap for almost a year now and in some games it was quite clear that the players weren't even trying. Yet it seems to be the same old scapegoats getting the blame.

For me, I find it irritating to witness people dish out dogs abuse and then as soon as they do something signicant during a game the same people give out praise.

I'm not saying that if you criticsie a player you automatically forfiet your right to praise the same person but when the abuse hits such a low note (things like, he's not worthy to pull on the hibs jersey, a joke of a player etc..) it makes me feel a little sick to see these people post a "way to go, super Hoggy". Thius is because I just know that in a weeks time he'll be getting the same crap all over again (from the same culprits) if he doesn't play well.

and as you've rightly said, how can hearing people direct (in some cases, quite personal) abuse at you for the entire 90 minutes help the situation; it's hardly the confidence boost he clearly needs.

Ah, I feel much better now. :greengrin

BEEJ
17-10-2010, 12:51 PM
This however doesn't justify the level of stick he's been getting for a while on here now, in quite a few games you could see he was trying but he maybe isn't as good as the standard he set in that season.

The same goes for Nish, he perhaps isn't the most technically gifted player but to boo during a game or bash away a few bug ger words on a fan forum about him is a bit uncalled for IMO.

For whatever reason (players fell out with the manager and wanted a change...) we've played really, really crap for almost a year now and in some games it was quite clear that the players weren't even trying. Yet it seems to be the same old scapegoats getting the blame.

For me, I find it irritating to witness people dish out dogs abuse and then as soon as they do something signicant during a game the same people give out praise.

I'm not saying that if you criticsie a player you automatically forfiet your right to praise the same person but when the abuse hits such a low note (things like, he's not worthy to pull on the hibs jersey, a joke of a player etc..) it makes me feel a little sick to see these people post a "way to go, super Hoggy". Thius is because I just know that in a weeks time he'll be getting the same crap all over again (from the same culprits) if he doesn't play well.

You appear to be mixing in your post keyboard critics with those who bellow abuse at these players during the game. Which is it? Or is it both?

And if you can identify 'the same culprits' on here who are guilty of such hypocrisy then go ahead and name and shame them. Vague, generalised accusations only serve to insinuate that everyone on here is tarred with the same brush.

Riordans Boots
17-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Well done Hoggy :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm well chuffed for him and I hope this is the wee confidence boost he needs :agree:

Oh! and I loved the GIRUY after the 2nd goal :top marks

RCNG
17-10-2010, 01:57 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian/8069326/Hogg-focusing-on-future.html

Good wee piece about him, the few weeks he was out seems to have done him a few wonders. I thought he looked more confident in his ability yesterday, he was bombing forward every now and again too!

oconnors_strip
17-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Well done Hoggy :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm well chuffed for him and I hope this is the wee confidence boost he needs :agree:

Oh! and I loved the GIRUY after the 2nd goal :top marks

so did i and the guys beside me in the east liked my GIRUY to the fans to:greengrin :thumbsup:

Mikeystewart
17-10-2010, 02:35 PM
So to summarise, that's the best you've ever seen him and he suffered from 'first half nervousness' ....:confused:

No I said it was the best I've seen Chris Hogg I inserted a line break to emphasise I was talking about two different players sorry if that wasn't clear.

Mikeystewart
17-10-2010, 02:40 PM
He's been honking for a very long time. Yesterday his defending was poor, although he's no right back. He scored twice though to mask his defensive mistakes. He was running on adreniline towards the end before being substituted by a far better right back. He deserves great credit for his goals yesterday, but i cant forget the last couple of seasons form, and again like Lewis Stevenson, he had a good spell 3 years ago too, he's not good enough imho, and never will be.

Myself-Hopefully he can keep it up, yes he's been murder the past couple of years but i thought today he had a good game if we are going to dish out some much criticism when a player has a bad spell the player deserves praise when he puts on a much more improved performance, if people keep rehashing the same old stuff about hogg any confidence he has will be gone, and render that roy of the rovers performance pointless.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Myself-Hopefully he can keep it up, yes he's been murder the past couple of years but i thought today he had a good game if we are going to dish out some much criticism when a player has a bad spell the player deserves praise when he puts on a much more improved performance, if people keep rehashing the same old stuff about hogg any confidence he has will be gone, and render that roy of the rovers performance pointless.

On the flip side, if we keep going way over the top about average performances as his defending was yesterday, you end up with a team full of average players.

matty_f
17-10-2010, 02:57 PM
You're chucked!:greengrin

Mark Brown had a steady game, though.:thumbsup: Again.:greengrin

matty_f
17-10-2010, 03:05 PM
You need help.:greengrin

A pint will do! How did Maka get on? Did he play?

Riordans Boots
17-10-2010, 03:06 PM
You're chucked!:greengrin

Chris was doing the GIRUY tae you btw :agree: :greengrin

basehibby
17-10-2010, 03:08 PM
I thought Hogg had his best game at Right Back I've seen from him to date and he fully deserved the MOM award IMO. He looked to be playing with less pressure on his shoulders somehow and bombed forward to stunning effect for his second goal - I can barely remember him crossing the halfway line when he's played RB before!

Confidence can make a big difference to any sportsman and I hope this brace can give him the shot in the arm that will see the Player of the Season Chris Hogg of a couple of years back re-emerge from the shadows.

PS - good wee interview from Chris BTW - positive and diplomatic in equal measure as you might expect from a club captain :thumbsup:

matty_f
17-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Oooooooooooohhh .. I'm going to savour it when the moment comes..:wink:The satisfaction of being right is almost overwhelming me in advance. :thumbsup:

Just answer the question!!!:greengrin

lucky
17-10-2010, 03:38 PM
His second goal was great. I hope it helps him improve his performances as I want all hibs players to do well but he is never a RB. He is also never a captain. But as long as he is playing I will support him but some of his defending is pathetic

Dinkydoo
17-10-2010, 03:39 PM
You appear to be mixing in your post keyboard critics with those who bellow abuse at these players during the game. Which is it? Or is it both?

Both - working on the presumption that the posters I'm talking about do the same whilst at games, which I admit in retrospect may not be a fair one to make.

And if you can identify 'the same culprits' on here who are guilty of such hypocrisy then go ahead and name and shame them. Vague, generalised accusations only serve to insinuate that everyone on here is tarred with the same brush.[/QUOTE]

.......which was not my intention. Apologies if it came across that way.

I really didn't want to start an arguement as I was only letting off a bit of steam on the matter but at a quick glance back to other Hogg threads:

Blackpoolhibs, who to be fair has been critical of Hogg yet defensive of his right to praise him even on this thread:

1. He's only loyal cause no bugger wants him. Do you honestly think if he was any good, and someone wanted to have him and treble his wages he'd still be at easter road? He'd be loyal to whoever was daft enough to pay him those wages. He's an awful player, who has contributed towards our bad run, along with the manager and a few others.

And then you have A Regulator who has been consistantly abusive towards Hogg :rolleyes:

1. They're obviously in the same bracket as Yogi on the intellgence front then

When talking about people in defence of Hogg.

Then when asked if that comment was really neccessary:

Well I think so or I wouldn't have said it.Hogg was a major part of our defensive problems.Yogi is thick.Yogi stuck with Hogg for reasons I can only guess at.Anyone who tries to make a case for Hogg's inclusion in the team is bracketed with Yogi as far as I'm concerned.I've had it with him and his ineptitude.Hibs are a big part of my life and that clown's spoiling it.

I don't really have the desire to keep looking for others but I'm sure there will be more.

Mikeystewart
17-10-2010, 04:19 PM
On the flip side, if we keep going way over the top about average performances as his defending was yesterday, you end up with a team full of average players.

Point taken, it definitely requires a balance.

matty_f
17-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Yes he did...He played a significant part.:agree:In fact I reckon he'll be playing in the flesh shortly..:wink:

On the bench again, then?:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 05:03 PM
I cant be arsed quoting all the quotes, but people do realise you can back the team on match day while at the games, but then talk on here how you felt it went, and how good or bad certain players are?

Hog did really well to score twice yesterday, it was great to see him do so, and was great to see the fans cheer him off the park when he was substituted. What i wont change my mind on, is his defending, its bloody awful at times, and nowhere near good enough for a regular place. Unless of course he chips in with a couple of goals every week.

Springbank
18-10-2010, 12:38 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5149534.stm

the boy has to commute from Tokyo FFS working part time with the BBC... gie the laddie a chance, he must be knackered with all that travel, not to mention having North Korea on his beat :agree:

brydekirk
18-10-2010, 12:51 AM

what about the goal he gave to killie before :agree:

500miles
18-10-2010, 01:10 AM

The main cause of that goal was neither central midfielder tracking the runner, and Hogg had to make a choice between the runner and his man. When Hammill threw himself at the ball, he threw and arm at it as well, so Hogg had to change the shape of his body, anticipating contact. Any miscalculation by Hogg in that goal, is vastly overshadowed by the absence of Miller/McBride. If either of them follow the run, Hogg doesn't have to come off his man, and the ball is nodded away.

NaeTechnoHibby
18-10-2010, 01:44 AM
You can't take away his two goals and obvious commitment but in reality, he can't ly play in that position as a long time fix. I thought that we were weak in both full back positions TBH and I would put some of that blame on to our midfield as well as we didn't seem to do enough to deny them space and to try and get the ball back in the less dangerous parts of the pitch. Lost count of the amount of times the ball was getting shot clean across our penalty area and when you play against teams that have quicker players to arrive there as the man over, then each of those crosses is a potential goal.

Chris Hogg perhaps had a degree of responsibility with thier goal, but:bitchy:. However, Hammill also threw his hand at the ball, and, anticipating contact, Hogg had to re-adjust his body, which meant he missed it, and that man left spare at the back post just tucked it under Brown.

So whoever I'm thinking, as the main defensive midfielder, McBride was the man posted missing there , or perhaps Miller, is the one to carry the can there, because he left the defense so exposed.

Do we have one of them ???:rolleyes:

That's the "Matty Jack" role :confused:

Cannae see anyone there maself :boo hoo:

CentreLine
18-10-2010, 05:36 AM

Still can't stop smiling. Doesn't score for 5 years and then hits a double within the space of 10 minutes, and incidentally against the team he netted his only previous goal for Hibs back in 2006 against. Superb!

Does that give him a better score rate than Nade? :faf:

emmjayfox
18-10-2010, 06:24 AM

My thoughts exactly, has he suddenly turned into some sort of superstar, it will be interesting when normal service resumes and hes back giving away stupid goals again. Some folk have more faces than the toon clock on here.

flash
18-10-2010, 06:36 AM
Couple of cracking headers which probably got the stand in management out of jail for their incredible team selection.

Expecting Rain
18-10-2010, 08:22 AM
The main cause of that goal was neither central midfielder tracking the runner, and Hogg had to make a choice between the runner and his man. When Hammill threw himself at the ball, he threw and arm at it as well, so Hogg had to change the shape of his body, anticipating contact. Any miscalculation by Hogg in that goal, is vastly overshadowed by the absence of Miller/McBride. If either of them follow the run, Hogg doesn't have to come off his man, and the ball is nodded away.

What body shape did he use while looking passively on while watching the Killie wideman crossing the ball into the box on 3 or 4 occasions? Hogg scoring twice was as flukey as Orman scoring from 30 yards at Ibrox, maybe De Graff will score a quadruple in his next game.

Judas Iscariot
18-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Chuck enough sh́te at a wall and some will eventually stick..

GreenPJ
18-10-2010, 08:27 AM
I cant be arsed quoting all the quotes, but people do realise you can back the team on match day while at the games, but then talk on here how you felt it went, and how good or bad certain players are?

Hog did really well to score twice yesterday, it was great to see him do so, and was great to see the fans cheer him off the park when he was substituted. What i wont change my mind on, is his defending, its bloody awful at times, and nowhere near good enough for a regular place. Unless of course he chips in with a couple of goals every week.

He has not placed since August because of his woeful defending and we have won how many in that time?

500miles
18-10-2010, 08:50 AM
What body shape did he use while looking passively on while watching the Killie wideman crossing the ball into the box on 3 or 4 occasions? Hogg scoring twice was as flukey as Orman scoring from 30 yards at Ibrox, maybe De Graff will score a quadruple in his next game.

I bet the area you were sitting in at ER was a great laugh when his goals went in....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::boo hoo::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm not saying he had a faultless game. For a kickoff, he isn't a natural fullback, and he was playing in a back 4 with only one player in it who has been consistantly first pick for the last 5 or 6 weeks.

And I would also note that a few of the crosses that came in from the right were a result of Wotherspoon being late back, allowing Silva and the right back to double up on Hogg.

Now, I'll stand by Hogg's POTY awards, and his CIS Cup winners medal, his role in the 3rd most effective CH partnership with Jones under Mixu, and our best defensive run under Yogi, at the start of last season with Bamba,over the greatly exaggerated slump, that apparently has gone on forever and ever. It hasn't - his season was patchy under Yogi, with him being praised by upping his game after being dropped early on. I maintain also, that Hogg plays through injuries that other players wouldn't - remember when he had a slump after the Morton game? The head knock he took was actually quite a serious one and he suffered from double vision, and related conditions for some time afterwards. Foolhardy? Possibly, but outstanding commitment, and the sort of reason why he is captain.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2010, 12:26 PM
He has not placed since August because of his woeful defending and we have won how many in that time?

I have seen enough of his defending to make a judgment on his ability. He's constantly bullyed off the ball. He's constantly the wrong side of him man, many times resulting in cheap goals, and he does not have great quality with his passing.

If he's the answer to our right back position i will run down easter road naked with a hearts flag stuck up my arse. The reason we are so poor is because of players like Hogg, and 2 goals on saturday wont change that. I will say it again, his goals were very welcome, i was pleased as punch for him and the team, but this is not any corner being turned, its just a win we were lucky to get.

Baldy Foghorn
18-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I have seen enough of his defending to make a judgment on his ability. He's constantly bullyed off the ball. He's constantly the wrong side of him man, many times resulting in cheap goals, and he does not have great quality with his passing.

If he's the answer to our right back position i will run down easter road naked with a hearts flag stuck up my arse. The reason we are so poor is because of players like Hogg, and 2 goals on saturday wont change that. I will say it again, his goals were very welcome, i was pleased as punch for him and the team, but this is not any corner being turned, its just a win we were lucky to get.

You said last Season that we were not lucky to have so many points in the bag, after some poor performances, now after 2-1 win on Saturday you are saying we were lucky to get it?:confused:

Are you schizophrenic Blackpool?:confused:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2010, 12:47 PM
You said last Season that we were not lucky to have so many points in the bag, after some poor performances, now after 2-1 win on Saturday you are saying we were lucky to get it?:confused:

Are you schizophrenic Blackpool?:confused:

Over a season the amount of points the team accumulate is what they accumulate. You can be lucky in one game, unlucky in the next, but over a season you get what you deserve. Last season we made 4th place, our best finish in a number of years. Saturday we were awful, and very lucky to win imho, or did we create chance after chance? Did we look like scoring apart from the last minute miss from Riordan?

Kilmarnock ran us ragged at times, and should have went in at half time leading. What team had more chances on Saturday? What team looked more balanced? What team played the better football? I was happy as a sandboy we won, although if you are saying we won because we were the better team, i'd question your eyesight.

Baldy Foghorn
18-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Over a season the amount of points the team accumulate is what they accumulate. You can be lucky in one game, unlucky in the next, but over a season you get what you deserve. Last season we made 4th place, our best finish in a number of years. Saturday we were awful, and very lucky to win imho, or did we create chance after chance? Did we look like scoring apart from the last minute miss from Riordan?

Kilmarnock ran us ragged at times, and should have went in at half time leading. What team had more chances on Saturday? What team looked more balanced? What team played the better football? I was happy as a sandboy we won, although if you are saying we won because we were the better team, i'd question your eyesight.

No what I am saying is I thought we were lucky to accumulate so many points last Season as we did not play as well as our points tally suggested..... You dismissed that theory saying it was not down to luck. I think some of the games we won, just like on Saturday, we won without being the better team.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2010, 02:55 PM
No what I am saying is I thought we were lucky to accumulate so many points last Season as we did not play as well as our points tally suggested..... You dismissed that theory saying it was not down to luck. I think some of the games we won, just like on Saturday, we won without being the better team.

So we were lucky to come 4th, over a whole season we rode our luck to come 4th. How does this work? Did rangers get lucky over the season to win it? Were Falkirk unlucky to get relegated? Over the whole season the luck evens itself out. In fact name one game where we got lucky when winning all those games early in the season? I dont remember one game where we were pummeled and should have lost. We had more chances, more shots on goal and deserved every point we got, maybe apart from the Aberdeen away game.

On Saturday we were 2nd best for long periods, hence we were lucky to win, especially when concidering our chances compared to theirs.

Baldy Foghorn
18-10-2010, 03:35 PM
So we were lucky to come 4th, over a whole season we rode our luck to come 4th. How does this work? Did rangers get lucky over the season to win it? Were Falkirk unlucky to get relegated? Over the whole season the luck evens itself out. In fact name one game where we got lucky when winning all those games early in the season? I dont remember one game where we were pummeled and should have lost. We had more chances, more shots on goal and deserved every point we got, maybe apart from the Aberdeen away game.

On Saturday we were 2nd best for long periods, hence we were lucky to win, especially when concidering our chances compared to theirs.

So you think our early form last Season was good? I don't thought it was pretty average but the points kept coming.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2010, 03:41 PM
So you think our early form last Season was good? I don't thought it was pretty average but the points kept coming.

Stop changing the subject. we may well have been pretty average. I said the games we won were won because we were the better team on the day. We did not win those games because we were lucky. From the start of the season to the middle of February, we won a lot of games because we played better than the opposition.

We did not win these games because we were lucky, we won them because we had more shots at goal, more chances and were the better team over the course of those games. As i said name any game during that time, where we were 2nd best during the game, where the opposition had more chances/shots at goal or dominated us.

TornadoHibby
18-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Stop changing the subject. we may well have been pretty average. I said the games we won were won because we were the better team on the day. We did not win those games because we were lucky. From the start of the season to the middle of February, we won a lot of games because we played better than the opposition.

We did not win these games because we were lucky, we won them because we had more shots at goal, more chances and were the better team over the course of those games. As i said name any game during that time, where we were 2nd best during the game, where the opposition had more chances/shots at goal or dominated us.

The St Johnstone home game in Sept 2009 where we won 3-0 (largely due to great finishing from Stokes & Riordan IIRC) but were generally outplayed by a more physical and determined team which returned to ER only three days later and got the result they deserved on the Saturday when they dumped us out of the CIS Cup by 3-1! :confused:

The Aberdeen game at Pittodrie in December 2009 was another where had it not been for outstanding goalkeeping from Maka, one burst of genius from Zemmama and Stokes in the first half and an offside Stokes goal in the 2nd half, we would have returned home pointless as Aberdeen deserved better that day than they got! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2010, 04:05 PM
The St Johnstone home game in Sept 2009 where we won 3-0 (largely due to great finishing from Stokes & Riordan IIRC) but were generally outplayed by a more physical and determined team which returned to ER only three days later and got the result they deserved on the Saturday when they dumped us out of the CIS Cup by 3-1! :confused:

The Aberdeen game at Pittodrie in December 2009 was another where had it not been for outstanding goalkeeping from Maka, one burst of genius from Zemmama and Stokes in the first half and an offside Stokes goal in the 2nd half, we would have returned home pointless as Aberdeen deserved better that day than they got! :agree:

Well thats 1 games i make we got lucky in, i had forgotten the St Johnstone game, we did score 3 times that day, although The saints might have scored a few too. To say we got lucky that game is a little bit much imho, we did score 3 goals to their none, we did have other chances too. Yes they had chances, but couldn't score. We scored at the right times, we took our chances. All the other games we played that we won, we won fair and square, nobody played better, nobody had more chances or better chances, and nobody deserved to beat us when we won. Lucky my arse.

TornadoHibby
18-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Well thats 1 games i make we got lucky in, i had forgotten the St Johnstone game, we did score 3 times that day, although The saints might have scored a few too. To say we got lucky that game is a little bit much imho, we did score 3 goals to their none, we did have other chances too. Yes they had chances, but couldn't score. We scored at the right times, we took our chances. All the other games we played that we won, we won fair and square, nobody played better, nobody had more chances or better chances, and nobody deserved to beat us when we won. Lucky my arse.

BH, you posed a question, i.e, "As i said name any game during that time, where we were 2nd best during the game, where the opposition had more chances/shots at goal or dominated us.", which I answered! :greengrin

At no time did I use the word "lucky", merely gave my views on the three matches concerned in my reply to illustrate that there was at least one such game as you had queried the existance of! :cool2:

We were not as good as you suggest that we were IMO over the relevant period of Yogi's early Hibs managerial term! :confused:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2010, 04:37 PM
BH, you posed a question, i.e, "As i said name any game during that time, where we were 2nd best during the game, where the opposition had more chances/shots at goal or dominated us.", which I answered! :greengrin
I understand what you said, :wink: i just disagreed,:greengrin We had at least 3 shots on goal that game, in fact we had just as many as they did, maybe more? They had a spell in the first half where they were in charge, just as we did in the 2nd. Over the game, i'd imagine we had as many shots on goal as them, had as much of the ball and scored 3 times more than them. :greengrin
At no time did I use the word "lucky", merely gave my views on the three matches concerned in my reply to illustrate that there was at least one such game as you had queried the existance of! :cool2:
The aberdeen game i agree
We were not as good as you suggest that we were IMO over the relevant period of Yogi's early Hibs managerial term! :confused:

I never said we were that good during the good run, i did say we deserved to win the games we won, i did say we never got lucky when winning all those games. We could go through them all, but that would be silly. Even if i agree about the saints game, thats 2 games. :wink:

Hibercelona
18-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Hoggy as a striker? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2010, 10:24 AM

I'm still waiting to hear about these games we got lucky in? And are we the only team who got luck last season? I will give you the Aberdeen game, i'm not giving you the St Johnstone game, as they never even scored a goal. What were these other games we won that we got lucky in?

Jones28
20-10-2010, 01:38 PM

what about showing a bit of support? away and start youre own "Chris Hogg is *****" thread, this is a positive and suppporting thread. :agree: