PDA

View Full Version : If Hibs win and play well today...

Hibbyradge
16-10-2010, 12:15 PM
...should Stevenson and Evans be given more time to prove themselves on a temporary basis with a view to possily being appointed permanently later?

IFONLY
16-10-2010, 12:20 PM
...should Stevenson and Evans be given more time to prove themselves on a temporary basis with a view to possily being appointed permanently later?

NO

Hibby D
16-10-2010, 12:22 PM
I'd say no. It would just be a false dawn. We need a leader at the helm and a solid structure in place. For the team and the support.

I don't think the majority of fans would be happy with GE and AS especially with SC's name still being banded about; it would be a bit of a let down. RP would get pelters for taking the cheap option :agree:

E.T. is a Hibee
16-10-2010, 12:22 PM

Please man pull yerself together!

I thought you were a straight shooter!

Golden Bear
16-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Right now everyone associated with Hibernian FC needs a boost and that will only come with the appointment of a new Managerial team.

Hiber-nation
16-10-2010, 12:31 PM

As you know fine well, nae chance!

EasterRoad4Ever
16-10-2010, 12:38 PM

NO ! Hughes has taken the fall for the abject failure of the team in 2010, but many of the players are IMHO equally to blame. I've no time for a lot of these overpaid, egocentric, talentless failures (tad strong?), so if they play their socks off for S&E it will just because they're all of a sudden fearing for their soft futures - self interest is a powerfull motivator.

NOPE, I'm not interested in the players effectively "picking their own" manager by starting to play better. IMHO a lot of them need to get cleared out at the end of the season or binned asap. Get a proper experienced manager in who can finally suss these guys out, get honest pros in, and sack the conmen.

Jonnyboy
16-10-2010, 12:40 PM
I'd say no. It would just be a false dawn. We need a leader at the helm and a solid structure in place. For the team and the support.

I don't think the majority of fans would be happy with GE and AS especially with SC's name still being banded about; it would be a bit of a let down. RP would get pelters for taking the cheap option :agree:

If that's your initial response D I'll agree with you :wink::greengrin

--------
16-10-2010, 12:43 PM
I think I'll reserve judgement on this.

Let time pass.... :wink:

Golden Bear
16-10-2010, 12:46 PM
NO ! Hughes has taken the fall for the abject failure of the team in 2010, but many of the players are IMHO equally to blame. I've no time for a lot of these overpaid, egocentric, talentless failures (tad strong?), so if they play their socks off for S&E it will just because they're all of a sudden fearing for their soft futures - self interest is a powerfull motivator.

NOPE, I'm not interested in the players effectively "picking their own" manager by starting to play better. IMHO a lot of them need to get cleared out at the end of the season or binned asap. Get a proper experienced manager in who can finally suss these guys out, get honest pros in, and sack the conmen.

:top marks

One of the posts of the year imo.

Hibby D
16-10-2010, 06:06 PM
If that's your initial response D I'll agree with you :wink::greengrin

:greengrin It was to save time!

smylt :wink:

lucky
16-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Anyone who selects Nish, Rankin , Stevenson and Hogg in the one team should be punted. But at least we won :greengrin

California-Hibs
16-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Anyone who selects Nish, Rankin , Stevenson and Hogg in the one team should be punted. But at least we won :greengrin

:agree: :agree:

Duffys13
16-10-2010, 07:10 PM

I am gonna get shot to bits here, but I thought Nish was good for us to day. He gets a ridicolous amount of criticism at times. In the first half today he got it tight when players like Riordan and Miller were making mis placed passed left right and centre, yet it was the usual "unlucky". Nish is not the best forward I have seen in my time, but the level of abuse he gets is really bad.

Good result today and great to see wee Gareth jumping about in the dugout at the final whistle.

C'mon the Hibs

erin go bragh
16-10-2010, 07:45 PM
even if we had won 7 nil the day[ defo no ]

Jonnyboy
16-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I am gonna get shot to bits here, but I thought Nish was good for us to day. He gets a ridicolous amount of criticism at times. In the first half today he got it tight when players like Riordan and Miller were making mis placed passed left right and centre, yet it was the usual "unlucky". Nish is not the best forward I have seen in my time, but the level of abuse he gets is really bad.

Good result today and great to see wee Gareth jumping about in the dugout at the final whistle.

C'mon the Hibs

Made this very point to my nephew. Deeks misplaces a pass and the fans go awww then Nishy does the same and he gets pelters! I thought Nish was good in the air all day and let himself down only with the 735 offside decisions

Hibbyradge
17-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Please man pull yerself together!

I thought you were a straight shooter!

Easy, E.T.

My question was genuine, but badly posed.

Of course they shouldn't be given more time, but it's a scenario that a few folk have suggested may tempt the board.

What goes against them is the fact that they have never managed a football club before, they don't have a track record of scouting and buying players and they have never demonstrated their ability to set teams up tactically.

Much the same as Steve Clarke, really. :wink:

FWIW, for some aspirational reason, I'm still hopeful that Clarke will get the job, even though he'd be a gamble. I'm hopeful he'll be a success. I hope his experiences at the highest level will have equipped him for management.

I hope Mourhino wasn't just spouting easy platitudes when he said that Clarke had all the attributes needed. What else would he say?

I hope that Clarke has players he can bring to Edinburgh and I hope he has fantastic contacts.

But that's it. Hope. I have no evidence to suggest any of this is true or that he will succeed.

I also hope he's appointed cos I put money on him well before he became a favourite @ 12/1. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Nope.
I hope that whoever comes in though can see jobs for these guys at the club though. Evans strikes me a fairly switched on bloke and I would like to think that that it is his professional input that still sees him drawing a wage rather than the fact that he has an obvious attachment.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 11:57 AM

Unfortunately it never happened dave. :wink: