PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame last night

WeAreHibs
16-10-2010, 10:51 AM
What an amazing night it was, very well put together from the set up to the amount of research and how it was presented.

One of the highlights was Stotty asking Eddie Turnbull who we enjoyed playing against the most - "Rangers, we used to take the piss out of them" Classic quote that i hope doesnt get censored or deleted.

Well done to everyone involved for making it such a great night.

Mary Hinge
16-10-2010, 10:54 AM
What an amazing night it was, very well put together from the set up to the amount of research and how it was presented.

One of the highlights was Stotty asking Eddie Turnbull who we enjoyed playing against the most - "Rangers, we used to take the piss out of them" Classic quote that i hope doesnt get censored or deleted.

Well done to everyone involved for making it such a great night.

I couldn't make it last night due to a prior engagement :boo hoo:

Are there plans to release a DVD of the event ?

degenerated
16-10-2010, 11:00 AM
aye, was certainly a good night :agree:

smurf
16-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Nae rumours flying aboot?!!!

degenerated
16-10-2010, 11:21 AM

none whatsoever and believe me it wasn't for the lack of trying :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
16-10-2010, 11:23 AM

Just start one mate. You never know you might land lucky and we'll all think you're in the know. I'm 99% certain that would happen.

Stantons Angel
16-10-2010, 06:04 PM
i have to agree that it was a very successful night and enjoyed by everyone around me.

The work that goes in to setting these sort of things up sometimes goes unnoticed but thanks must go to Amanda and Fyfe, the Hibs Historical society and the Former Players Association for their efforts. Well done to all of you!:top marks

hibee92
16-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Just start one mate. You never know you might land lucky and we'll all think you're in the know. I'm 99% certain that would happen.

source?? :greengrin

7Hero
17-10-2010, 12:14 AM
great night thanks to everyone for contributing to a cracking night, well done hibs for there choice of venue !!

can finally change my avator too..

ronaldo7
17-10-2010, 03:45 AM
I couldn't make it last night due to a prior engagement :boo hoo:

Are there plans to release a DVD of the event ?

Their was a video set up at the back of the hall taking it all in, so you never know.

SaudiHibby
18-10-2010, 07:42 AM
Have to agree, a great night followed by a win on Saturday. Fantastic trip home :agree:

The only question mark over the whole weekend was the inclusion of Jackie McNamara in the inaugural Hall of Fame players. Whit:confused:

So many greats and we picked him :confused:

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Have to agree, a great night followed by a win on Saturday. Fantastic trip home :agree:

The only question mark over the whole weekend was the inclusion of Jackie McNamara in the inaugural Hall of Fame players. Whit:confused:

So many greats and we picked him :confused:

I agree, I too was rather puzzled by that, don't get me wrong Jackie was a great player and servant but hardly hall of fame material given his love for smeltic

Sammy7nil
18-10-2010, 11:36 AM
I agree, I too was rather puzzled by that, don't get me wrong Jackie was a great player and servant but hardly hall of fame material given his love for smeltic

Think "his love of celtic" is a wee bit much. Jackie is seen at Hibs games everywhere and he went back to watching Celtic as his son played there.
I think Hibs got a great deal letting Paddy go in the Twighlight of his career and we got a a very good player for many years in the shape of Jackie Mc.

I do agree he should not have gone in the first wave but as he is alive and stays in Ediburgh and was able to attend that may have had a bearing. :wink:

Boris
18-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Assume there would be an explanation on the night as to how the initial inductees were selected. Have to say I find it rather strange that Michael Whelahan was included (correctly so) but not Canon Hannan (or Father Hannan as he would have been then) when all the club histories I've read credit them both with founding the club.

Anything come to light about that?

poolman
18-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Think "his love of celtic" is a wee bit much. Jackie is seen at Hibs games everywhere and he went back to watching Celtic as his son played there.
I think Hibs got a great deal letting Paddy go in the Twighlight of his career and we got a a very good player for many years in the shape of Jackie Mc.

I do agree he should not have gone in the first wave but as he is alive and stays in Ediburgh and was able to attend that may have had a bearing. :wink:

:agree: Jackie was a great player for the club