PDA

View Full Version : Saturday nights no alright

bigwheel
16-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Does anyone else miss the Scottish games on council TV on Saturday nights??

It was quite an art to get the snogging of your girl finished just in time for the news to end and Sportscene to start... :wink: or if you were up town, watching the taped version with your end of night kebab was just compulsory.

On a more serious point, it was a time when most people saw the highlights of all the games, everyone had a view. good debates all during the next week....now, I rarely see the goals other than ours....

Scottish football should have Saturday night council TV slot....help the game get some of it's interest back....

bingo70
16-10-2010, 08:15 AM

It was quite an art to get the snogging of your girl finished just in time for the news to end and Sportscene to start... :wink: or if you were up town, watching the taped version with your end of night kebab was just compulsory.

On a more serious point, it was a time when most people saw the highlights of all the games, everyone had a view. good debates all during the next week....now, I rarely see the goals other than ours....

Scottish football should have Saturday night council TV slot....help the game get some of it's interest back....

completely agree, having moved into a new flat thats no got sky (aye, tramp, i know :wink:) i've been thinking recently about that.

Something thats always baffled me is why football highlights are on so late :confused:

Considering how popular football is it should be on at prime time not hiden away to try and avoid it from people

H18sry
16-10-2010, 08:53 AM
On a Saturday night when we were up the town we used to head back to "the dear departed Oliver's " :boo hoo::boo hoo: in Rose street to watch Sportscene on the box, it was a ritual, then you would end up in the boozer till 3 or 4 for your lock in :wink: then taxi home via Malone's ah those were the days :devil:

E.T. is a Hibee
16-10-2010, 08:56 AM

It's probably cause Match of the Day on now?

H18sry
16-10-2010, 09:06 AM
It's probably cause Match of the Day on now?

Nope we got Sportscene in Scotland and Match of the day was on in Engerland :wink:

Bishop Hibee
16-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Agree 100%.

Why do we get football from another country on the prime time Saturday slot for highlights instead of the SPL? Surely it would be easy to have the SPL highlights followed by a goals round up from England for those who are interested.

E.T. is a Hibee
16-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Nope we got Sportscene in Scotland and Match of the day was on in Engerland :wink:

On a Sat night I've been watching MOTD no Sportscene and I live in Scotland, well Musselburgh which is a wee bit like Mongolia!

NOLA
16-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Agree 100%.

Why do we get football from another country on the prime time Saturday slot for highlights instead of the SPL? Surely it would be easy to have the SPL highlights followed by a goals round up from England for those who are interested.

maybe cause the spl is rank rotten now? much rather watch MOTD on a saturday night now, st mirren v hamilton lowlights no thanks.

Alex Trager
16-10-2010, 11:09 AM
I previously made a point on the soccer am thread.... See lupo for further evidence

H18sry
16-10-2010, 11:19 AM
On a Sat night I've been watching MOTD no Sportscene and I live in Scotland, well Musselburgh which is a wee bit like Mongolia!

:doh: We were talking about in the past maybe 8-10 years ago :faf:

E.T. is a Hibee
16-10-2010, 11:30 AM
:doh: We were talking about in the past maybe 8-10 years ago :faf:

Oh Aye miss read the post! Aye your right I miss Sportscene too!

Springbank
16-10-2010, 12:06 PM

Quality - slightly off-topic but did anyone else ever go to the kebab shop and ask for 2 kebabs...one open one wrapped?

It's the bomb...one on your way home (open) and the other kept piping hot to tuck into in front of the fitba (wrapped)

Need a kebab smillie :-)

E.T. is a Hibee
16-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Quality - slightly off-topic but did anyone else ever go to the kebab shop and ask for 2 kebabs...one open one wrapped?

It's the bomb...one on your way home (open) and the other kept piping hot to tuck into in front of the fitba (wrapped)

Need a kebab smillie :-)

Steak Pie Supper and a Hamburgher roll chaser from the Deep Sea to eat while walking along London Road waiting on a :taxi .

H18sry
17-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Steak Pie Supper and a Hamburgher roll chaser from the Deep Sea to eat while walking along London Road waiting on a :taxi .

:confused: how can you walk and wait at the same time :devil:

Joe Baker II
18-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Agree 100%.

Could not sum it it better, it is racist treatment of Scottish tax and licence payers.

Sadly there are some Scots who will try and justify BBC's contempt for our country by saying they would rather watch English football - one has to wonder about their mentality.

Cabbage East
18-10-2010, 10:45 AM
maybe cause the spl is rank rotten now? much rather watch MOTD on a saturday night now, st mirren v hamilton lowlights no thanks.

I'm glad you're in the minority wi an attitude like that then.

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-10-2010, 11:03 AM
With respects to the OP I'd rather not have yet another old firm dominated football programme, we have enough on STV and BBC just now thank you :yawn:

bingo70
18-10-2010, 11:07 AM
With respects to the OP I'd rather not have yet another old firm dominated football programme, we have enough on STV and BBC just now thank you :yawn:

Do we? What do we have on those channels?

Can only think of sportscene which is on at about 4 in the morning to try and stop folk watching it and the daft sports centre which is a bag of pish, but the times i've seen it hasn't been OF dominated

Zorro
18-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Could not sum it it better, it is racist treatment of Scottish tax and licence payers.

Sadly there are some Scots who will try and justify BBC's contempt for our country by saying they would rather watch English football - one has to wonder about their mentality.

It's nothing to do with racism, it's to do with TV football rights.