PDA

View Full Version : Having your cake and eating it....

Jim44
15-10-2010, 06:00 PM
As an outcome of the late punishment given out to McGregor based on TV evidence, Walter Smith is moaning about the unfairness of an arrangement whereby Rangers and Celtic, with so much TV exposure, are more open to being scrutinized. I don't hear him moaning about all the extra cash they rake in from this source. An SFA spokesman, however, countered Smith's argument by saying that Rangers and Celtic were, conversely, often in a more advantageous situation in issues where players who had been wrongly booked might be reprieved as a result of TV evidence.

hibeelin
15-10-2010, 09:45 PM
He doesnt seem to accept that mcgregor DID kick out at the dons player, not to mention all the other things that have been picked up ie that blatent cheating by trying to get Deek sent off.

Remember Walter if your thug/cheats of players dont do anything, then the cameras cant pick it up no matter how often you are on the telly.

What an arrogant muppet :grr:

ScottB
15-10-2010, 10:00 PM
He also ignores that ALL the games are filmed and shown as highlights, so inevitably player misconduct is seen regardless.

The Old Firm will be effected more because their cheating players get away with it in matches more often!!

bod
15-10-2010, 11:33 PM
he has a point regarding the yams tackle though

Phil D. Rolls
16-10-2010, 09:10 AM
As an outcome of the late punishment given out to McGregor based on TV evidence, Walter Smith is moaning about the unfairness of an arrangement whereby Rangers and Celtic, with so much TV exposure, are more open to being scrutinized. I don't hear him moaning about all the extra cash they rake in from this source. An SFA spokesman, however, countered Smith's argument by saying that Rangers and Celtic were, conversely, often in a more advantageous situation in issues where players who had been wrongly booked might be reprieved as a result of TV evidence.

What a knuckle dragger. It's embarassing to think that Walter is one of the elder statesmen of our game.

He's already blamed the rest of the Scottish league for his tactics at Old Trafford and asked for the fixture list to be rearranged because his team were competing in too many competitions.

What next Walter, a demand that all opposition teams filed at least one wheelchair bound player? I just wish a big hole would open up in the west of Scotland and Glasgow and all its corruption would disappear down it.

Hibs7
16-10-2010, 10:10 AM

My first thoughts exactly, take the money you greedy gits and take the crap that comes with it greetin faced arrogant waste of space. :grr::grr::grr::grr:

McD
16-10-2010, 10:25 AM
What a knuckle dragger. It's embarassing to think that Walter is one of the elder statesmen of our game.

He's already blamed the rest of the Scottish league for his tactics at Old Trafford and asked for the fixture list to be rearranged because his team were competing in too many competitions.

What next Walter, a demand that all opposition teams filed at least one wheelchair bound player? I just wish a big hole would open up in the west of Scotland and Glasgow and all its corruption would disappear down it.

:agree::thumbsup:

Mary Hinge
16-10-2010, 10:46 AM
David Weir has also stated "Allan has been suspended for NOT kicking someone. There's no logic".

The short sighted twat never saw the intent then :grr:

Maybe if someone points a shotgun at Weir but doesn't fire it, then he won't press charges.

Then again if they did have a potshot he would take an hour and a half to fall over.

Woody1985
16-10-2010, 11:20 AM
David Weir has also stated "Allan has been suspended for NOT kicking someone. There's no logic".

The short sighted twat never saw the intent then :grr:

Maybe if someone points a shotgun at Weir but doesn't fire it, then he won't press charges.

Then again if they did have a potshot he would take an hour and a half to fall over.

From that **** Weir who employed his throat grab tactic against Spain again. I'd forgotten about that and haven't seen it mentioned.