PDA

View Full Version : Reception from fans for Mixu tomorrow

The Sea-gull
15-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Good one I hope.

Give him a clap at the start of the game.

Didn't quite work out for him as boss (he's not alone there!), another who maybe left a wee bit too early but still a good Hibs man.

.Sean.
15-10-2010, 08:40 AM
I wont be alone in giving Mixu a marvellous reception. A true gent who has Hibs in his heart, I for one don't envisage anybody giving him anything but a warm reception.

HibbyRod
15-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Always liked big Mixu.

However, it's a pity managing Hibs didn't work out for him.

Being honest, I don't think he was up to it, however, he deserves a wee :applause: .... nice guy.

Pretty Boy
15-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Mixu deserves a good reception. As a player he gave everything he had, scored the goals that helped us back to the Premier league, scored the goals that helped keep us there and scored the goals that helped take us to 3rd and a Scottish Cup final. Add to that a hat trick against Hertz in the 6-2 game and you have someone more than deserving of a decent reception.

Ok it didn't work out for him as manager but he did his best and gave it his all.

Keith_M
15-10-2010, 09:41 AM
I think, as usual, there's mixed feelings about it. The people on here that resorted to ridiculous name-calling, like "The Fat Finn" (one of the milder names used) aren't likely to be giving him applause. Or if they do, they must be amazing hypocrites.

Personally, I'll be too busy getting my last minute coffee and pie to notice.

:greengrin

hibbysam
15-10-2010, 09:43 AM
mixu paatelainen what a ****in signing nanananana:greengrin

probably my favourite chant about one of our own players:agree:

heretoday
15-10-2010, 09:46 AM
I wonder if someone will cry (without irony) "Come back to Easter Road!" at him!

basehibby
15-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Good one I hope.

Didn't quite work out for him as boss (he's not alone there!), another who maybe left a wee bit too early but still a good Hibs man.

I feel no bad feelings towards Mixu and he'll always be welcome at ER as far as I'm concerned - but I don't see any reason to single him out for applause - he's the Killie manager now and I'd no more clap him onto the pitch than I would have Jumbo Jimbo the Jambo when he was incumbent there.

I will be clapping the Hibees onto the pitch though and hoping they respond by sending Mixu home empty handed.

Antifa Hibs
15-10-2010, 09:48 AM
He'll get a good reception.

He was stuck in the car park at New Love Street a month or two back in his big jeep, seen 1000 disgruntled Hibbys and probably though 'oh ****'. Not one person had anything bad to say to him, most shaking his hand etc. Also seen him before the Hamilton game outside the West, again, folk shaking his hand etc.

He wasn't the best manager for us. But its near impossible to stay mad at that big loveable chap :agree::greengrin

jg1875
15-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Mixu gize a wave, Mixu Mixu gize a wave.

MacBean
15-10-2010, 09:57 AM
The man is a legend Why would anyone even contemplate anything other than cheering him

smurf
15-10-2010, 09:58 AM
A big welcome to Mixu the ex player.

matty_f
15-10-2010, 10:16 AM
mixu paatelainen what a ****in signing nanananana:greengrin

probably my favourite chant about one of our own players:agree:

Should get an airing, IMHO. Was thinking about this the other yesterday, and I think it'd be a nice gesture from us to reflect that we still really like the guy.:agree:

Dunbar Hibee
15-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Hibs legend IMO.

Bad Martini
15-10-2010, 11:29 AM
6-2. Nuff said. :thumbsup:

ENDOF

proud_and_green
15-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Should get an airing, IMHO. Was thinking about this the other yesterday, and I think it'd be a nice gesture from us to reflect that we still really like the guy.:agree:

agree wholeheartedly!!

Green_one
15-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Same as we would for Pat Stanton, John Blackley and Big Frank

Just becasue he failed does not stop us appreciating what he did as a player

RickyS
15-10-2010, 11:40 AM

would love to air it one more time, be good to show the big man we have forgotten about the manager stint and welcome back Mixu the ex-player

yekimevol
15-10-2010, 11:40 AM
mixu will get a good reception tomorrow we have allways be good to our ex players / managers(as long as nothing crazy happend when they left)

RickyS
15-10-2010, 11:48 AM
anyone remember what it was like when Miller came back with the Sheep?

Keith_M
15-10-2010, 11:49 AM
mixu will get a good reception tomorrow we have allways be good to our ex players / managers(as long as nothing crazy happend when they left)

Not so sure about that one.

:hmmm:

Thomson1875
15-10-2010, 12:54 PM
mixu desrves a round of a plause, manager maybe not but player certainly.

if mixu does well at killie and gets a better job elsewhere... when he has more experience id like to see him back at ER.

seanraff07
15-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Mixu's a Hibs legend in my eyes, surely he'll get a good reception.

hibeemad
15-10-2010, 05:31 PM
The man is a legend Why would anyone even contemplate anything other than cheering him

Where does anyone get the mixu is a legend

lyonhibs
15-10-2010, 05:32 PM
If Mixu gets anything other than a warm reception, it'll be a ****ing shambles from those who boo/shout abuse at him.

He's a Hibs Hero (legend is too far) who clearly loved his time at Hibs. As unsuccessful as his time as manager was, he managed a team to a seriously unexpected away victory at Tynecastle and took points off both sides of the OF in consecutive games.

bingo70
15-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Where does anyone get the mixu is a legend

for his hattrick against hearts in the 6-2 game.

Sas_The_Hibby
15-10-2010, 05:38 PM

Notice you didn't include John Hughes............ :wink::greengrin

hibeemad
15-10-2010, 05:40 PM
for his hattrick against hearts in the 6-2 game.

So if you score a hattrick you are an auto legend. Not in my book. He was no too bad a player but no way a legend.

Legends are people like Edwards, Turnbull and Ormand.

The word legend is branded about too freely

only my opinion though

Phil D. Rolls
15-10-2010, 05:41 PM

er.....not a verynice chap IIRC. :duck:

bingo70
15-10-2010, 05:43 PM
So if you score a hattrick you are an auto legend. Not in my book. He was no too bad a player but no way a legend.

only my opinion though

I agree, however, if it's being banded about easily for everyone else then it should be for Mixu too :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-10-2010, 05:43 PM
He'll be fine!

essexhibee
15-10-2010, 05:49 PM
He shouldn't be booed and I don't think he will be. Yes he wasn't all that great as a manger but he was a great player.
We must not forget he won three derbys with us..including THAT thursday night. He still beloved even when the fans didn't (only half the away end filled) and we went out there with our reserves and won. Felt like I was on cloud nine that night after how much we were told we were going to get humped. Thanks, at least, for the derby memories big man.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2010, 05:51 PM
He shouldn't be booed and I don't think he will be. Yes he wasn't all that great as a manger but he was a great player.
We must not forget he won three derbys with us..including THAT thursday night. He still beloved even when the fans didn't (only half the away end filled) and we went out there with our reserves and won. Felt like I was on cloud nine that night after how much we were told we were going to get humped. Thanks, at least, for the derby memories big man.

Why not, we boo the players that currently play for us, why not someone who used to play for us?

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Good opportunity tomorrow to give him a warm welcome and a wee song maybe, while at the same time, not undermining anyone in the home dug out. One of the upsides [maybe] to the fact that we have not yet got a new boss in place.

Albion Hibs
15-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Why not, we boo the players that currently play for us, why not someone who used to play for us?

Agreed, many booed him as a manager, they booed are last manager and our current players - why exactly are they now going to chap and cheer him on.

Seems to be a lot of 'I would never even think of booing chat' going on here - wander if it is coming from the same people that booed him and most likely canned him to bits on here.

I am sure if Killie were to win Mixu would take great delighted in thinking he had just shoved it right up the boo boys - and he would have.

The height or irony one thinks.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Agreed, many booed him as a manager, they booed are last manager and our current players - why exactly are they now going to chap and cheer him on.

Seems to be a lot of 'I would never even think of booing chat' going on here - wander if it is coming from the same people that booed him and most likely canned him to bits on here.

I am sure if Killie were to win Mixu would take great delighted in thinking he had just shoved it right up the boo boys - and he would have.

:agree: With all of that.

Bishop Hibee
15-10-2010, 06:42 PM
He'll get a round of applause from me. Did a great job as a player in his 2 stints with us and gave it his best shot as a manager. Certainly more tactically astute than Yogi. It was the right thing for him to go though as his approach was too negative for most Hibees. Also ST sales would have been hammered if he'd stayed which is the main reason the board got rid.

Hiber-nation
15-10-2010, 06:48 PM
:agree: With all of that.

Glad you understand it.

sesoim
15-10-2010, 07:07 PM

only my opinion though

I understand where you are coming from, but we don't keep good players long enough now for them to become real legends. So three years good playing service (we still desperately need a player like him now), a hat trick against Hearts, and his affection for Hibs and general likeableness will do for me. He'll definitely get a good reception tomorrow.

sesoim
15-10-2010, 07:14 PM

I don't agree. In football, as a fan, the only way you can make your feelings clear is to shout or boo. There was nothing personal (I don't think) when folk were calling for him to be sacked. Everybody could see he wasn't doing the job right, so should the fans have just kept their feelings to themselves?

And rather than irony, I would say it's is a credit to the fans if (as I expect) they cheer him tomorrow. It shows we don't hold the job he did as a manager against him, and we still like him as a player and a person.

EasterRoad4Ever
15-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Good one I hope.

Man is a Hibee Great who's done NOTHING other than give his best for the club and treat Hibs fans with respect and affection. Why would any Hibs fans want to treat Mixu any differently ? Time is a healer and I'll ALWAYS remember THAT HATRICK. For that alone, he deserves to be revered :agree:

EasterRoad4Ever
15-10-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't agree. In football, as a fan, the only way you can make your feelings clear is to shout or boo. There was nothing personal (I don't think) when folk were calling for him to be sacked. Everybody could see he wasn't doing the job right, so should the fans have just kept their feelings to themselves?

And rather than irony, I would say it's is a credit to the fans if (as I expect) they cheer him tomorrow. It shows we don't hold the job he did as a manager against him, and we still like him as a player and a person.

:agree: MIXU deserves a rousing ovation from the Hibs fans. Sure he would appreciate it.

Albion Hibs
15-10-2010, 07:23 PM

Happy to disagree mate, i think subjects like these are always going have polar opposite views.

For me I would Mixu would look at it like, I was given 12 months, no time, I got some really good wins and was starting to build a team, bringing in players like Murray, Bamba and Riordan - players that many of us regard as the best we have at the moment.

Whilst I am sure it would please him to hear cheers, whether or not it would make up for the way he probably felt when he left, I would doubt.

alex74
15-10-2010, 07:29 PM

And rather than irony, I would say it's is a credit to the fans if (as I expect) they cheer him tomorrow. It shows we don't hold the job he did as a manager against him, and we still like him as a player and a person.Spot on m8 couldnt Agree more :top marks

MGmick
15-10-2010, 08:16 PM

only my opinion though

Aye, He was a right legund that boy Ormand. :wink:

RickyS
15-10-2010, 09:20 PM
I understand where you are coming from, but we don't keep good players long enough now for them to become real legends. So three years good playing service (we still desperately need a player like him now), a hat trick against Hearts, and his affection for Hibs and general likeableness will do for me. He'll definitely get a good reception tomorrow.

everyone in scottish fitbaw knows Mixu is a Hibs man, and I am proud that a big fella from Finland who played for 5 scottish clubs plus Bolton and Wolves and yet it is our club, the famous Hibernian which means the most to him, and I hope we still mean that much to him.

alex74
15-10-2010, 09:22 PM
everyone in scottish fitbaw knows Mixu is a Hibs man, and I am proud that a big fella from Finland who played for 5 scottish clubs plus Bolton and Wolves and yet it is our club, the famous Hibernian which means the most to him, and I hope we still mean that much to him.Mixu:notworthy:

New Corrie
15-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Man is a Hibee Great who's done NOTHING other than give his best for the club and treat Hibs fans with respect and affection. Why would any Hibs fans want to treat Mixu any differently ? Time is a healer and I'll ALWAYS remember THAT HATRICK. For that alone, he deserves to be revered :agree:

Couldn't agree more, the man is a proper gent and I really hope he gets the appropriate reception.

Horse
15-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Whether you think Mixu is a legend, hero, cult hero or whatever other term you feel appropriate big Mixu gave his all for Hibs and deserves a great reception. The memories of the 6-2 hat trick alone certainly put him in the modern day legend bracket for me!

Riordans Boots
15-10-2010, 10:11 PM
I was one of the last Mixu get - him - out - brigade :agree:

Will be there tomorrow and welcoming him to ER :agree:

alex74
15-10-2010, 10:24 PM
i was one of the last mixu get - him - out - brigade :agree:

Will be there tomorrow and welcoming him to er :agree:no shame buddy me 2

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Colin Nish always gives his all every week, yet he's booed virtually every week. If he scored a hattrick against the yams, i wonder if that would change?:confused:

RickyS
15-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Colin Nish always gives his all every week, yet he's booed virtually every week. If he scored a hattrick against the yams, i wonder if that would change?:confused:

great point! i'm not a boo'er of Nishy but i'm not a huge fan either. Mixu did have the ability to back up the effort:greengrin

alex74
15-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Colin Nish always gives his all every week, yet he's booed virtually every week. If he scored a hattrick against the yams, i wonder if that would change?:confused:No for me BH always be pish:agree:

hibiedude
16-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Because he's ther manager of today's opposition :confused:

Dinkydoo
16-10-2010, 03:09 PM

Agree.

Just take a look at the matchday thread. The same posters currently creaming themselves over Hogg scoring two goals are probably the same ones who'll be starting threads about how pish he is next weekend.