PDA

View Full Version : Has Stevenson lost it? (says Hibs have been unlucky)

Andy74
15-10-2010, 08:16 AM
I noted Stevenson saying that there hadn't been much wrong lately and that we just needed a bit of luck. also that he had seen an edge in training and the players are right up for it.

Are these not the ramblings of a guy under pressure and who has severely lost his grip on reality??

:greengrin

Beefster
15-10-2010, 08:20 AM
There's no such thing as luck so he's certainly talking nonsense.

If he thinks that things were fine before Hughes left, let's hope he's not being considered for the job.

HibeeMG
15-10-2010, 08:20 AM
I noted Stevenson saying that there hadn't been much wrong lately and that we just needed a bit of luck. also that he had seen an edge in training and the players are right up for it.

Are these not the ramblings of a guy under pressure and who has severely lost his grip on reality??

No home wins, no away wins, no goals. The guys coat is on a shoogly peg!

Wilson
15-10-2010, 08:26 AM

If he thinks that things were fine before Hughes left, let's hope he's not being considered for the job.

If he spouts any more such guff he'll at least be as qualified as Yogi in taking press conferences!

Speedway
15-10-2010, 08:29 AM
It's clear to me that he's lost the dressing room. From what I hear Rankin's been out fighting and Bamba's been out clubbing. It's a disgrace.

I can't believe Hibs put Lewis in charge for such a big game.

Hibbyradge
15-10-2010, 08:32 AM

If he spouts any more such guff he'll at least be as qualified as Yogi in taking press conferences!

Easy guys!

Given that it's his job to motivate the players for tomorrow's game, what else could he have said about recent events?

Not many people are motivated by being told that they are pish or lazy or not fit to wear the jersey.

jdships
15-10-2010, 08:33 AM

If you really think there is no such thing as luck in football you are living in another world !!! :bitchy:
No matter at what level of sport you look at there are hundreds of examples of "luck"
The defender slips, the bounce of the ball , the ball is deflecred etc , etc etc.
I have sat in a dressing room after a game sick as a parrot through losing a match to a "fluke" and the following week beein grinning through a wee break giving us a win
It is important to remember that luck works for and against and usually levels itself out .

As to slagging off players because they express an opinion that just brings them into line with the punters on here who express opinios which are not liked :greengrin
To each his own remember !! :confused::

basehibby
15-10-2010, 09:08 AM

GARBAGE! :bitchy:

Football is well known to be a game where lady luck quite frequently sticks her oar in and gives things a good stir - which is one of the things that makes it so gripping a sport to watch.

Show me a game where the Davids never beat the Goliaths and I'll show you a game where luck has little influence.

Of course it would be nonsense to suggest that the whole of Hibs' poor run of results since February was down to luck, at the same time though, it's pretty churlish to deny that luck or the absence of it could have had any influence.

J-C
15-10-2010, 09:13 AM

To an extent I agree with this, if Deek hadn't hit the posts and De Graff had taken his easy chances, Yogi would still be here and we'd be sitting 3rd or 4th, the team has been playing without any confidence whatsoever, that was plainly obviuos for all to see. Getting a couple of decent wins under the belt breeds that confidence and having that wee bit of luck going your way does help a hellova lot.

sambajustice
15-10-2010, 09:19 AM
We weren't being unlucky though, we were just pish!

J-C
15-10-2010, 09:24 AM
We weren't being unlucky though, we were just pish!

Why were we p1sh?

Yes there were problems on and off the park but surely winning against Hamilton,ICT and scoring first against the Hun, the team confidemce would've been sky high and along with this comes better quality football, I still think we have the best squad of players outside the OF and hopefully they can prove that.

RIP
15-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Whoooooooooooooosh!!!!!!!!

cheek: Tongue: Alert!! :greengrin

Keith_M
15-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Whoooooooooooooosh!!!!!!!!

cheek: Tongue: Alert!! :greengrin

Once again, those with a sense of humour by-pass are out in force

heretoday
15-10-2010, 09:56 AM
No home wins, no away wins, no goals. The guys coat is on a shoogly peg!

He's definitely "lost the dressing room."

MB62
15-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Undefeated so far, get him signed up permanently Petrie, what are you waiting for? :grr:

sambajustice
15-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Why were we p1sh?

Yes there were problems on and off the park but surely winning against Hamilton,ICT and scoring first against the Hun, the team confidemce would've been sky high and along with this comes better quality football, I still think we have the best squad of players outside the OF and hopefully they can prove that.

Surely winning every game for the rest of the season would make us win the league and the Scottish Cup. However we wont, and we didnt beat Hamilton, or ICT, and we didnt score first against Rangers, and we didnt beat Ross COunty, and we havent won at ER for so many months.

Like I said in another post, when does "bad luck" turn into "we're pish?"

If I was as skilful as Messi i would be playing professional football, but i'm not, i'm pish at football! Or maybe i'm just unlucky...

yekimevol
15-10-2010, 11:39 AM
the guy cant exactly come out and say he did this that and the next thing wrong. remember when derek criticized the pitch and he got a fine, i think the he had to say what he did.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2010, 11:43 AM
the guy cant exactly come out and say he did this that and the next thing wrong. remember when derek criticized the pitch and he got a fine, i think the he had to say what he did.

I agree, thats why i don't listen much to the weekly bull we hear from whoever is in charge now. Its the same standard answers to the same standard questions that are boring as hell.

Green_one
15-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Lets not be too harsh on him.

He is only temporary and its not his mess. He is suddenly stuck in front of the headlights.

We need to get behind him, as we certainly need the points. The players need to respond positively.

Beefster
15-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Easy guys!

Given that it's his job to motivate the players for tomorrow's game, what else could he have said about recent events?

Not many people are motivated by being told that they are pish or lazy or not fit to wear the jersey.

I'm fed up hearing that the players can't be criticised, to be honest. Not criticising the players didn't do Hughes or Mixu a great deal.

If you really think there is no such thing as luck in football you are living in another world !!! :bitchy:
No matter at what level of sport you look at there are hundreds of examples of "luck"
The defender slips, the bounce of the ball , the ball is deflecred etc , etc etc.
I have sat in a dressing room after a game sick as a parrot through losing a match to a "fluke" and the following week beein grinning through a wee break giving us a win
It is important to remember that luck works for and against and usually levels itself out .

As to slagging off players because they express an opinion that just brings them into line with the punters on here who express opinios which are not liked :greengrin
To each his own remember !! :confused::

GARBAGE! :bitchy:

Football is well known to be a game where lady luck quite frequently sticks her oar in and gives things a good stir - which is one of the things that makes it so gripping a sport to watch.

Show me a game where the Davids never beat the Goliaths and I'll show you a game where luck has little influence.

Of course it would be nonsense to suggest that the whole of Hibs' poor run of results since February was down to luck, at the same time though, it's pretty churlish to deny that luck or the absence of it could have had any influence.

If you believe in luck, do you believe in fairies and goblins too?

Danderhall Hibs
15-10-2010, 11:56 AM

I disagree - some people would go out to prove whoever said it wrong.

MB62
15-10-2010, 12:00 PM

What have you started? :greengrin

nickwhibs
15-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Easy guys!

What about, 'We've not been on great run of late but tomorrow is when we turn it around. This group are much better than they have been showing and I'm looking to get the best out of them again and get back to winning ways.' ?

alex74
15-10-2010, 12:19 PM
What about, 'We've not been on great run of late but tomorrow is when we turn it around. This group are much better than they have been showing and I'm looking to get the best out of them again and get back to winning ways.' ?Yes lets all get behind stevenson and Evens and the players tomorrow
we are in this together We got what most of us wanted rid of yogi so our season starts tomorrow at 3 oclock so from the first whistle lets get behind the team:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

SRHibs
15-10-2010, 12:24 PM
That accent and dress sense too...
Not Hibs class!

Pretty Boy
15-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Another fantastic sense of humour failure. Only just beaten into 2nd place by the complete lack of humour exhibited in the Sunshine on Leith in Belfast thread.

basehibby
15-10-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm fed up hearing that the players can't be criticised, to be honest. Not criticising the players didn't do Hughes or Mixu a great deal.

If you believe in luck, do you believe in fairies and goblins too?

Ever heard of Chaos theory??? Or Poker for that matter!

Diclonius
15-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Stevenson has certainly lost it.

I can confidently predict he's only got one more game in the job before he's away, whatever the result. :bitchy:

HibeeMG
15-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Stevenson has certainly lost it.

I can confidently predict he's only got one more game in the job before he's away, whatever the result. :bitchy:

It's harsh considering he's unbeaten in all competitions!

HFC 0-7
15-10-2010, 02:25 PM
To an extent I agree with this, if Deek hadn't hit the posts and De Graff had taken his easy chances, Yogi would still be here and we'd be sitting 3rd or 4th, the team has been playing without any confidence whatsoever, that was plainly obviuos for all to see. Getting a couple of decent wins under the belt breeds that confidence and having that wee bit of luck going your way does help a hellova lot.

If De Graff had scored against rangers and they hadnt scored there 3 we would have got 3 points! I dont get how people keep spouting this rubbish. The opposition teams also missed chances against us in these games as did we. Total clutching of straws saying 'if we had only did this and we had only done that'.

If the bad run continues there will be people on here saying, if only they had missed there clear cut goals and if only there players had hit the post instead of scoring.

You make your own luck! You put the opposition under pressure which makes them make mistakes which can then be classed as luck for us. I find it embarrassing when managers, players and fans start blaming luck for a string of bad results.

Wilson
15-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Ever heard of Chaos theory??? Or Poker for that matter!

I haven't. Explain.

Alfred E Newman
15-10-2010, 04:05 PM
If our luck hadn`t run out last January and we had won all our remaining games we would have won the league, ended our cup nightmare and be enjoying Champions League football this season. :agree:

Wilson
15-10-2010, 04:07 PM
If our luck hadn`t run out last January and we had won all our remaining games we would have won the league, ended our cup nightmare and be enjoying Champions League football this season. :agree:

Luck. If only we'd had more of it. I've heard that you can make your own but have not seen that in action - at least not lately.

basehibby
15-10-2010, 06:00 PM
I haven't. Explain.

Chaos theory - commonly refered to as the Butterfly Effect - refers to the phenomenom whereby certain physical processes (eg the weather) cannot be reliably predicted because the slightest variation in parameters (eg. pressure, wind direction etc.) can have knock on effect upon knock on effect resulting in sometimes wildly different outcomes to those predicted. So - the weather forecast says it'll be nice and sunny so you go out with shades and a T-shirt.
It turns out to be pishin with rain and a chill in the air so you get soaked and catch a cold.
Unprepared??? No - Unlucky??? Yes