PDA

View Full Version : Shanghai Masters

Sir David Gray
14-10-2010, 08:16 PM
The penultimate Masters event of the season is taking place in China at the moment and it is now at the Quarter final stage.

Tomorrow sees Andy Murray playing Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, which is a repeat of the Quarter finals of Wimbledon. The match begins at 7am British time, so if anyone fancies watching it you'll have to set your alarm clocks. It is live on Sky Sports 1.

Roger Federer faces Robin Soderling, Novak Djokovic plays Guillermo Garcia-Lopez and in the other Quarter final, Jurgen Melzer's reward for knocking out Rafael Nadal today is a match against Juan Monaco.

Andy Murray secured his place at next month's World Tour Finals in London by beating Jeremy Chardy today, 6-3 6-4. That means that four out of the eight spots have been claimed as Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer had already booked their place earlier in the year. The leading contenders for the remaining places are Robin Soderling, Tomas Berdych, David Ferrer and Andy Roddick although that could all change in the next few weeks.

HibbyAndy
15-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Murray beats Tsonga :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
15-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Great performance by Murray who now plays Juan Monaco in the semi finals.

The other semi is between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic as Federer beat Robin Soderling and Djokovic beat Guillermo Garcia-Lopez.

Anyone looking to watch Murray's match tomorrow should tune into Sky Sports 1 at about 9:30am British time.

HibbyAndy
16-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Murray's just burst Monaco, One absolute devasting point he won when he never gave up and outrageously lobbed it over his opponents head.

Devastating point that has to bee seen to be believed.

Sir David Gray
16-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Murray's just burst Monaco, One absolute devasting point he won when he never gave up and outrageously lobbed it over his opponents head.

Devastating point that has to bee seen to be believed.

:agree: That was a great point and it's one that is Murray's forte. The point was also played with Murray having a broken string as well.

Monaco hardly won a point after that as Murray wiped the floor with him in the second set.

I didn't catch the other semi between Federer and Djokovic but I gather Federer was pretty impressive. It should be a good final between Murray and Federer and I just hope that Murray can carry on his impressive form at this tournament.

Again, anyone wanting to watch the final tomorrow will have to be up early as it'll be on at 9:30am British time.

HibbyAndy
16-10-2010, 10:36 PM
:agree: That was a great point and it's one that is Murray's forte. The point was also played with Murray having a broken string as well.

Monaco hardly won a point after that as Murray wiped the floor with him in the second set.

I didn't catch the other semi between Federer and Djokovic but I gather Federer was pretty impressive. It should be a good final between Murray and Federer and I just hope that Murray can carry on his impressive form at this tournament.

Again, anyone wanting to watch the final tomorrow will have to be up early as it'll be on at 9:30am British time.

:agree:

Murray played that point with a broken racket :agree:...And your right ,Monaco never recovered after that and Andy blew him away.

Federer was ultra impressive today,Just his usual Federer..Blew Novak away with that devasting backhand he has, Its some game tomorrow..Building up nicely.

Ollie Reed
17-10-2010, 09:57 AM
:agree:

Murray played that point with a broken racket :agree:...And your right ,Monaco never recovered after that and Andy blew him away.

Federer was ultra impressive today,Just his usual Federer..Blew Novak away with that devasting backhand he has, Its some game tomorrow..Building up nicely.

It would be, if only Murray would stop taking the **** out of Federer! Can't remember Federer looking so demoralised and rattled on court. :thumbsup:

Future17
17-10-2010, 10:18 AM
6-3, 6-2 - The Hibees are back!! :thumbsup:

MrHibs1982
17-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Was wanting to don my new mint strip and go along and see the game but unfortunately i don't rate tennis (or any sport in fact) that high that i would pay over £75 for a ticket, may have been worth it though great performance by Andy.

Sir David Gray
17-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Fantastic performance by Murray this morning, although Federer made a lot of errors.

I thought he was going to regret not taking advantage of the break points that he had in the first set for a 3-0 and then a 5-2 lead but credit to him, he held his nerve and broke in the ninth game to take the opening set. The second set was more of the same and he seemed to be a lot more offensive in his play than he has been lately and it was good to see.

There is only one more Masters event left, which will be in Paris, before the season-ending Tour Finals in London at the end of November.

As for Murray's schedule in particular though, he also has the Valencia Open to play in a couple of weeks, where he will defend his title.