PDA

View Full Version : Lawrie Reilly Book Review

DaveF
14-10-2010, 08:44 AM
On the front page now

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?133-%E2%80%9CThere%E2%80%99s-only-ever-been-one-team-for-me%E2%80%9D

Essential Christmas Pressie for any fan of Hibernian FC I suggest :agree:

PatHead
14-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Anyone going to the launch tonight?

superfurryhibby
14-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Bought this book for my sisters birthday last week.

The man is a living legend and a total gentleman. A fantastic slice of HIbernian history, buy it !

Jonnyboy
14-10-2010, 01:04 PM

I'll be there and am very much looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Eric
14-10-2010, 01:12 PM

See you there John:thumbsup:

Future17
14-10-2010, 01:19 PM

:agree:

Peter Cormack, Bobby Kinloch and Paul Kane amongst those who will be in attendance.

alex74
14-10-2010, 03:13 PM
:agree:

Peter Cormack, Bobby Kinloch and Paul Kane amongst those who will be in attendance.
can you ask paul kane what happened to the news conferance on tuesday:yawn:

erin-go-bragh87
14-10-2010, 03:34 PM
can you ask paul kane what happened to the news conferance on tuesday:yawn:

:greengrin

Bayern Bru
14-10-2010, 04:42 PM

Likewise!

Jonnyboy
14-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Just back from the book launch which was a resounding success. Lawrie and Ted were joined by dozens of friends and family and there was a fantastic sprinkling of past players including Eddie Turnbull, Neil Martin, Pat Stanton, Bobby Kinloch and many others.

It was obvious listening to all of those who spoke of Lawrie that he is held in the highest regard by all and is correctly identified not just as having been a superb footballer but also as a lovely man. He's 82 in a fortnight or so and I truly hope he lives to be 100 or more :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
14-10-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm nipping over to the Gyle tomorrow - he's there between 1 and 2 I think.

Jonnyboy
14-10-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm nipping over to the Gyle tomorrow - he's there between 1 and 2 I think.

Yep :thumbsup:

Signing session details

Friday 15 October WH Smith at the Gyle 1pm - 2pm
Saturday 16 October 10.30am - 11.30am Hibs Club Store
Sunday 24 October Waterstone's at Ocean Terminal 1pm - 2pm
Saturday 30 October 1pm - 2pm Waterstone's in Livingston

alex74
14-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Just back from the book launch which was a resounding success. Lawrie and Ted were joined by dozens of friends and family and there was a fantastic sprinkling of past players including Eddie Turnbull, Neil Martin, Pat Stanton, Bobby Kinloch and many others.

It was obvious listening to all of those who spoke of Lawrie that he is held in the highest regard by all and is correctly identified not just as having been a superb footballer but also as a lovely man. He's 82 in a fortnight or so and I truly hope he lives to be 100 or more :agree:lives to see us win the scottish cup:agree:

Future17
14-10-2010, 08:54 PM

It was obvious listening to all of those who spoke of Lawrie that he is held in the highest regard by all and is correctly identified not just as having been a superb footballer but also as a lovely man. He's 82 in a fortnight or so and I truly hope he lives to be 100 or more :agree:

Absolutely fantastic evening in the presence of some true Hibernian legends.

Highlights of the night included Bobby Kinloch recounting his penalty against Barcelona and Eddie Turnbull reminding us that "great strikers are born, not made".

A night like that, with so many memories recounted of the great achievements of our club, just make me, as someone who is too young to have seen them first-hand, desperate for us to get it right sometime soon and bring the glory days back to Easter Road.

Lucius Apuleius
15-10-2010, 06:07 AM
Wish I had been there. Absolute Gentleman.

Wife is on her way from Denny to the Gyle today just to get my book signed. Lovely woman.:greengrin

Boris
15-10-2010, 07:56 AM
lives to see us win the scottish cup:agree:

It'll make medical history if anybody lives that long......................:boo hoo:

KWJ
15-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Yup, was a great night. I'd never met the greats before so to be standing with Eddie Turnbull in front of me, Lawrie Reilly to my right and Pat Stanton to my left was a true honour.

Then Bobby Kinloch, Tommy Preston, Peter Cormack, Neil Martin & even the Hearts naughty word that is Dave MacKay had me in awe. Legends.

Who was the other player that was signing, can't make him out in the book, feel really bad for not knowing!

Lawrie is my 2nd cousins, dads step father. The amount of people I've said that to is crazy so to finally meet him and be given an invitation was a great privilege. Thank you!

Future17
15-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Yup, was a great night. I'd never met the greats before so to be standing with Eddie Turnbull in front of me, Lawrie Reilly to my right and Pat Stanton to my left was a true honour.

Then Bobby Kinloch, Tommy Preston, Peter Cormack, Neil Martin & even the Hearts naughty word that is Dave MacKay had me in awe. Legends.

Who was the other player that was signing, can't make him out in the book, feel really bad for not knowing!

Lawrie is my 2nd cousins, dads step father. The amount of people I've said that to is crazy so to finally meet him and be given an invitation was a great privilege. Thank you!

John Fraser. :agree:

big-mo
15-10-2010, 03:27 PM
I spoke to Charlie Anderson there last night, he was the bloke that first shouted 'Gie the baw to Reilly'. He is 92 and has been supporting Hibs since well before the war, still manages to get along to a few games.

He was saying that he should start a new chant "Dinnae gie the baw to Nish", :wink:

Class.

Carheenlea
16-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Was at the club store to pick up a copy today, and Pat Stanton joined Lawrie Reilly and Ted Brack to sign the books.
To be honest though, while the presence of Pat Stanton is always welcome, I'd have much preferred my copy to be signed solely by Lawrie Reilly, and I suppose you can't really begrudge the co-author signing as well..!