PDA

View Full Version : Thai restaurants

hibeenicol
13-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm going to see sunshine on leith on friday and the missus is wanting to go to a thai restaurant before it so I'm looking for some recommendations.

Closer to the festival theatre the better for this night but I'll take some recommendations for other restaurants for future nights out.

Cheers:thumbsup:

easty
13-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Dunno bout Thai restaurants but the Mother India is a minutes walk from the Festival Theatre and it's pretty good. My girlfriend and I went on Saturday night for the first time and the food was great. It's like indian tapas, you order a few little dishes rather than just a curry each. I'll be going back.

Westie1875
13-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Not sure of any near the Festival Theatre but Spirit of Thai on Grindlay Street is excellent, very small place though so you'd need to book.

Sylar
13-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Not sure of any near the Festival Theatre but Spirit of Thai on Grindlay Street is excellent, very small place though so you'd need to book.

Best I've been to in Scotland by a long way - good value for money and quite an intimate wee restaurant too.

Gus
13-10-2010, 08:02 PM

really nice, i actually preferred it to some of the meals i had in thailand

Toaods
13-10-2010, 08:08 PM
this place is quite near, I've eaten local in Bangkok and this was top notch...

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/342/1410763/restaurant/Edinburgh/South-Central/Wild-Elephant-Newington

nice and calm.

matty_f
13-10-2010, 08:28 PM
The Lemongrass at Bruntsfield is outstanding.:agree:

hibeenicol
14-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Booked a table for spirit of thai:thumbsup: Thanks for all the recommendations will have to make my way round them all:greengrin

YehButNoBut
14-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Been to many Thai restaurants and this is one of the better ones, give it a try. :drool:

http://www.celadonrestaurant.co.uk/

hibeenicol
16-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Had a great meal in spirit of thai last night the soup was one of the best I've ever had. Thanks for all recommendations will just have to make my way round the rest of them:greengrin