PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Allan McGregor

wazoo1875
12-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Have to say although i'm an avid McGregor hater, i thought the guy has been absolutely outstanding for Scotland in the last two games. This guy could easily slot into any of the big teams in England or anywhere else for that matter. We are blessed with two fantastic keepers and a few right good outfield players too, imo these guys just need someone(not Harry Potter) to let them express themselves in the correct manner and we could have a national team to be proud of again.

Thoughts ?

Tonight i'm proud of my national team again despite the inevitible defeat!
I wish i hadn't given my ticket away after fridays debacle :grr:

Albion Hibs
12-10-2010, 09:34 PM
As another member of the I hate Alan Hun McGregor Club, I have to be honest he is a fantastic keeper, would not be suprised if he is taken away from weegie land at the end of the season, I would think a club like an arsenal who dont have a strong goal keeper could do a lot worse.

Well done tonight McGregor, still hope you have a mare when we visit your dump and someone manages to land a sly kick.

hibeemikey21
12-10-2010, 09:36 PM
See, I have always kind of liked McGregor in a panto-villian kind of way. In saying that, I have absolutely no idea of what he is allegedly like off the park. I gather that he is a bad-un, but never heard anything specific, im just going on the basis of his reputation. Obviously he had the whole rape claim against him but nothing came of that.

He is a bit like a radger Boruc, but less howler prone!

Kaiser1962
12-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Agree with comments already made and believe he is now our best goalkeeper. Have to add that he is an utterly despicable human being and, if it were up to me, my conscience would not allow me to select him for the squad never mind the team.

Good job it's not up to me.

wazoo1875
12-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I would think a club like an arsenal who dont have a strong goal keeper could do a lot worse.

Well done tonight McGregor, still hope you have a mare when we visit your dump and someone manages to land a sly kick.

Absolutely agree with the last bit in particular :greengrin, though as a Man U sympathiser i would hope that Fergie may be taking steps for him to fill Van Der Sars giant boots in the next couple of seasons, he is that good :agree:

.Sean.
12-10-2010, 09:47 PM
McGregor is an outstanding goalie. But let's not forget he's also an odious, cheating Rangers prick aswell. Still be my second choice behind a fit Craig Gordon.

Biggie
12-10-2010, 09:48 PM
yeah, we are blessed with 2 world class keepers.....I wish Arsenal would sign him as they might win something !

hibsdaft
12-10-2010, 09:50 PM
i watched the game on a dodgy Spanish internet stream. the commentators were absolutely raving about him.

watch this space for a move to some mid-table La Liga outfit.

stokesmessiah
12-10-2010, 09:55 PM
i watched the game on a dodgy Spanish internet stream. the commentators were absolutely raving about him.

watch this space for a move to some mid-table La Liga outfit.

Not convinced...love him or hate him he is a world class goalkeeper and im afraid i believe he is capable of mid table La Liga.

hibsdaft
12-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Not convinced...love him or hate him he is a world class goalkeeper and im afraid i believe he is capable of mid table La Liga.

i don't disagree with you.

Dashing Bob S
12-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Sex offender.

Judas Iscariot
12-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Sex offender.

:agree:

1 good save..

The rest I'd expect any decent GK to make..

Still a beast and a cheat..

ALMOST chucked in a clanger when he flapped then got booted in the coopin fi Puyol..

Plus..

When the Plooky Dyke is back he'll be dropped..

brydekirk
12-10-2010, 11:34 PM
cheeting blue nosed bassa, but done well tonight. end off :agree:

SurferRosa
13-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Craig Gordons only fault is the fact he played for them,but he is an utter 100% decent human being when compared to that total cretin McGregor. Takes nothin away from McGregors goalkeeping abilities, but i`ll be happy as a sandboy when Gordon is fit again..! :agree:

The_Todd
13-10-2010, 06:41 AM
He's a blatant cheat and I'm afraid it overshadows his talent.

Tricla
13-10-2010, 06:57 AM
So he has a couple of good games and all of a sudden he's world class.

I can remember Maka stringing 2 or 3 good games together and still getting lambasted. :devil:

What's with the sudden beast love in?

Sad fact is, he was always going to get the chance to look 'world class' in these last 2 games as Scotland are pathetic as an outfield force under Potter.

Fair do's he made some decent stops but a lot of it was routine, straight at him stuff.

No more than you'd expect any pro keeper to be capable of IMO.

He's still a despicable twunt and I cannae stand him.

Littlest Hobo
13-10-2010, 11:02 AM
:agree:

1 good save..

The rest I'd expect any decent GK to make..

Still a beast and a cheat..

ALMOST chucked in a clanger when he flapped then got booted in the coopin fi Puyol..

Plus..

When the Plooky Dyke is back he'll be dropped..

:greengrin I don't think he will.:wink:

Holmesdale Hibs
13-10-2010, 11:34 AM
He is undoubtedly an excellent keeper however I’m even more convinced that he’s also a cheating hun.

FromTheCapital
13-10-2010, 12:03 PM
I am NOT a McGregor fan but I think he is one of the best Scottish goalkeeper's !

Dunbar Hibee
13-10-2010, 08:46 PM
I ****ing hate Allan Mcgregor.

Hakim Sar
13-10-2010, 08:59 PM
I think Craig Gordon is the better goalie... more vocal, more of a leader of his defence (organises and communicates non stop) and Gordon's leadership influence may have calmed McManus last night and stopped him taking a daft triple jump attempt away off position and also when davie weir was infront of him already.

mcgregor is a sublime shot stopped but so is Gordon... and i think the hun is too quiet between the sticks. mcgregors got good kicking as well mind. 2 great goalies and gilks looks the part too after that performance for Blackpool vs newcastle

HibbyAndy
13-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Guys a cock and always will be.

emmjayfox
13-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Theres not much between gordon and macgregor just now which is good for the national team but the pair of them are cheats, remember the Dean Shiels incident anyone??

Part/Time Supporter
14-10-2010, 11:08 AM
I think Craig Gordon is the better goalie... more vocal, more of a leader of his defence (organises and communicates non stop) and Gordon's leadership influence may have calmed McManus last night and stopped him taking a daft triple jump attempt away off position and also when davie weir was infront of him already.

mcgregor is a sublime shot stopped but so is Gordon... and i think the hun is too quiet between the sticks. mcgregors got good kicking as well mind. 2 great goalies and gilks looks the part too after that performance for Blackpool vs newcastle

I think Gordon v McGregor is comparable with the Goram v Leighton argument. Gordon's kicking is almost as bad as Leighton's!

Gilks also had a brilliant save to preserve Blackpool's lead in the last minute at Anfield.

Alex Trager
14-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Absolutely agree with the last bit in particular :greengrin, though as a Man U sympathiser i would hope that Fergie may be taking steps for him to fill Van Der Sars giant boots in the next couple of seasons, he is that good :agree:
You seen the back page of the sun?

heretoday
14-10-2010, 12:14 PM
McGregor hasn't got the class for Man Utd. They should try and get Shay Given.

Dunbar Hibee
14-10-2010, 12:33 PM
You seen the back page of the sun?

?

New Corrie
14-10-2010, 01:13 PM
McGregor hasn't got the class for Man Utd. They should try and get Shay Given.

What, like Wayne Rooney or Roy Keane?

Alex Trager
14-10-2010, 01:19 PM
?
Man u are going to try and get him

Hibernia Na Eir
14-10-2010, 03:07 PM
McGregor is 10 times better than the spotty one:agree:

fitter too :agree:

DAVE1875
14-10-2010, 03:15 PM
He's probably the best goalie in Scotland.... but he's still a sex offending *****

Nameless
14-10-2010, 05:06 PM
McGregor is pond life, rotten to the core $***. I hope he has a howler regardles of which jersey he is wearing. His off field antics are going to catch up with him, and that will be the end of that:idiot: