PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Adam

essexhibee
12-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Whats everyones thoughts on the guy, seeing as we can be nice now hes left the huns :wink:?

Took Blackpool almost by himself to the premiership, and have watched him a few times in the Prem and he does not look out of place by any means. Seems to have progressed just like Fletcher, playing in a top league has had the opposite effect to the Scott Brown syndrome, turned him into a classy player.

Thought he played well when he came on and looked good with fletch, played some lovely balls over the top, was impressed. Or is he still a dwirty hun bassa? :greengrin

Kevvy1875
12-10-2010, 09:16 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/fionakidd/My%20Teeth/Withtheexceptionofthetwofrontlowers.jpg

Wotherspiniesta
His diagonals are nearly as good as Zambernardi's.

TowerHibs
Whats everyones thoughts on the guy, seeing as we can be nice now hes left the huns :wink:?

Took Blackpool almost by himself to the premiership, and have watched him a few times in the Prem and he does not look out of place by any means. Seems to have progressed just like Fletcher, playing in a top league has had the opposite effect to the Scott Brown syndrome, turned him into a classy player.

Thought he played well when he came on and looked good with fletch, played some lovely balls over the top, was impressed. Or is he still a dwirty hun bassa? :greengrin

yep, looks a totally different player than the one years ago. i actually thought he was good at Gers, just didn't fit the jersey. Just shows what fan power does and how lack of patience hinders certain players

Jonnyboy
12-10-2010, 09:17 PM
yep, looks a totally different player than the one years ago. i actually thought he was good at Gers, just didn't fit the jersey. Just shows what fan power does and how lack of patience hinders certain players

I agree but now that he's lost weight he's twice the player :greengrin

TowerHibs
12-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I agree but now that he's lost weight he's twice the player :greengrin

your being awfully kind to him, he still has an erse on him like the side of a house

Jonnyboy
12-10-2010, 09:23 PM
your being awfully kind to him, he still has an erse on him like the side of a house

True but his erse looked like the ground floor o' a tenement before :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
12-10-2010, 09:33 PM
True but his erse looked like the ground floor o' a tenement before :greengrin

Talented but lazy and slow. Why is he getting a game before Deek:confused:

alex74
12-10-2010, 09:34 PM
your being awfully kind to him, he still has an erse on him like the side of a housegreat left peg but

wazoo1875
12-10-2010, 09:34 PM

I agree with this, thought he played some very clever balls for the 2 guys that ran the channels excellently tonight, also thought that Fletcher played a lot better after he teamed up with him. Hope the boy goes on to even better things, still looks like he could lose a couple of pounds though!

Never really thought of him as a Hun bassa anyway, just hated him for taking the pish oot of Si Broon :grr:

.Sean.
12-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Very good player with a superb left foot. Should Blackpool go down I honestly don't think he'd struggle to find another EPL club.

Judas Iscariot
12-10-2010, 10:41 PM
He's got teeth like the Queen Mother..

PlSH IMO..

When he's put under pressure he flaps like a giant albatross..

Hun..

New Corrie
12-10-2010, 11:00 PM
He's rubbish. not Hibs class/ plays hoofball that makes your eyes bleed, never a player, To give you an idea, them lot over on 40 points back think he can play a bit:confused: He's a poor mans Edwin De Graaf

500miles
12-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Technically, a great player. However - much like Hemdani - he was a player who was rarely allowed to play to his ful potential in the SPL. The SPL's - and more directly - the Hun's loss.

HibeeMG
12-10-2010, 11:47 PM
He's rubbish. not Hibs class/ plays hoofball that makes your eyes bleed, never a player, To give you an idea, them lot over on 40 points back think he can play a bit:confused: He's a poor mans Edwin De Graaf

I hope you're being intentionally idiotic.

The boy can obviously play.

The fact that you're over there finding out their opinion is a worry!

ekhibee
12-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Charlie Adam isn't a bad player at all, and he's good at dead ball situations as well. I still rate Riordan a better player than him in that department, but Levein will never ever pick him, so good luck to Adam I suppose.

JE89
13-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Adam is better than Deek in my opinion. Deek is a better finisher but Adam has proved how good a player he is down south. Surely has to start ahead of Lee 'invisable man' McCulloch in future

Heckys Wheel
13-10-2010, 05:09 AM

Just spoke to the other 24 players of last season's squad.

They say you're talking pish.

Once a hun always a hun.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-10-2010, 06:37 AM
Good player but why did he leave his teeth on the bench?

LancsHibs
13-10-2010, 07:07 AM

:faf::faf::faf: I assume this to be irony.... if so very funny, if your serious:foot:

sesoim
14-10-2010, 05:26 PM
He's one of quite a few players I'd rather have in midfield than that "captain".

Why do Scotland always give the captaincy to overrated midfielders who hardly do anything, thereby guaranteeing that we have to suffer their selection for at least ten miserable years?

Once the inevitable collapse starts at Man Utd in the next year or two, I wonder if Fletcher will still get a game at the highest level. Anywhere?

blackpoolhibs
14-10-2010, 06:07 PM
He's one of quite a few players I'd rather have in midfield than that "captain".

Why do Scotland always give the captaincy to overrated midfielders who hardly do anything, thereby guaranteeing that we have to suffer their selection for at least ten miserable years?

Once the inevitable collapse starts at Man Utd in the next year or two, I wonder if Fletcher will still get a game at the highest level. Anywhere?

Fletcher does a great job for Man United, when he plays for Scotland he's expected to do a different job. If we just had him in there breaking things up, then giving the ball to more skillful players to then play, he'd be doing his job well. Have you spotted the flaw in that scenario? :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
14-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Fletcher does a great job for Man United, when he plays for Scotland he's expected to do a different job. If we just had him in there breaking things up, then giving the ball to more skillful players to then play, he'd be doing his job well. Have you spotted the flaw in that scenario? :wink:

:agree: Levein doesn't want any skilful players in his team so Fletcher's only got guys that are good at running about to pass the ball to.

jane_says
14-10-2010, 09:56 PM

:confused: sorry can't agree with this at all, as bh says he's expected to do a different job for scotland but even still, still think he's one of our most gifted players. probably more a reflection on the players hp picks than darren fletcher but he's no THAT bad

trev the hat
14-10-2010, 10:08 PM

:confused: r u 4 reel ????? overrated my 4rse.Best midfielder to come out of scotland in the last 10 years without a doubt in ma ashtray...

talking_wiss
14-10-2010, 10:49 PM

That's absolutely ridiculous! Hardly do anything...apart from take the ball at every opportunity from ropey centre halfs, look for a good pass at every opportunity (the one-two for the second goal was top class), run from box to box harrying and harrasing the opposition, never giving up and weighing in with a few goals over the last few years. You must watch football upside down in the bath if you think Darren Fletcher hardly does anything.

And why do some Scots always turn on our best players!

Hibernian Verse
14-10-2010, 11:20 PM
In Sesoim's defence, he does have a point about some internationals he plays for us. It's fine turning up against Spain, but it's your Liechtenstein's and Lithuania's that are more important for us to qualify, two games in which he, and the rest of the team, didn't.

essexhibee
17-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Anyone see him in action for a very unlucky Blackpool who were robbed. Utter class skysports creaming themselves over him.

HAS to start for the scotland the boys class.

SquashedFrogg
17-10-2010, 05:09 PM
His diagonals are nearly as good as Zambernardi's.

Would agree with you if it weren't for his 'diagonal' that set up the yams equaliser in the 4-4 draw at the pink palace a few years ago :boo hoo:

Other than that he did have an exceptional 'diagonal'. Probably one of the most underrated 'diagonals' in the game. If he'd played for one of the glasgow teams he'd be renound for being the best 'diagonaler' scottish fitba's ever seen :agree:

He was good, but he's no Paul Fenwick :bitchy:

CB_NO3
17-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Charlie Adam ran the show today, class player. I hope Blackpool stay up, they have been a breath of fresh air to EPL.

Craig_in_Prague
17-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Charlie Adam ran the show today, class player. I hope Blackpool stay up, they have been a breath of fresh air to EPL.

:agree:

Very good to watch.
Amazing job Hollaway has done too.

They've been incredibly unlucky with the points they've got from home games. Rather cruel. And today Tevez 1st goal was offside whilst his 2nd should've been a freekick prior to his (crap) shot.

Hope they keep it going though playing like they are, and stay up.

talking_wiss
17-10-2010, 05:46 PM

Best player on the pitch by quite a distance IMO and there was a fair few 'superstars' on show.

Would be superb to see Blackpool stay up, also interesting to see if any of the bigger teams in the EPL come sniffing about for Charlie Adam, the Huns must be wondering which CA they saw at Ibrox!

tamig
17-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Anyone see him in action for a very unlucky Blackpool who were robbed. Utter class skysports creaming themselves over him.

HAS to start for the scotland the boys class.

Agreed. he was outstanding today. Top midfielder in the game. I agree they were robbed too.

anon1
17-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I believe Craig Levein is well out of his depth as an international manager, & if he can't see that he needs to build the Scotland team around Charlie Adam then he really is joke!

sesoim
17-10-2010, 09:05 PM
I believe Craig Levein is well out of his depth as an international manager, & if he can't see that he needs to build the Scotland team around Charlie Adam then he really is joke!

I'd agree, and to reiterate my earlier point, I'd rather have a player with skill and that bit extra playing for Scotland than an overrated player (Darren Fletcher) who only looks good at Man Utd because he is a simple cog in a big wheel.

Fletch looks average unless he has top class players beside him. Scotland are better off (surely) picking players who can shine in mediocre teams, as that's what Scotland are themselves.

sesoim
17-10-2010, 09:13 PM
:confused: r u 4 reel ????? overrated my 4rse.Best midfielder to come out of scotland in the last 10 years without a doubt in ma ashtray...

He (Darren Fletcher) does a good job for Man Utd because he has a good manager who knows how to build a team. As I say, take him out of that cosy environment and his contribution deteriates. A great player should be able to adapt to playing with different/lesser players, but Fletch has barely proved he can do that. As I say, when the debts hit home and Fergie leaves, lets see how great a player Fletcher is then.

Jonnyboy
17-10-2010, 10:09 PM

:agree:

Bookkeeper
17-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Reminds me a lot of John Robertson in his Nottm Forest days. Similar style (fat, slow but awfy good) other than he doesn't hit the byeline as much.

A good example of how skill can conquer athleticism. No' that harry potter would ever recognise that.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2010, 10:56 PM
He'd be absolutely hopeless for Scotland, he likes to pass the ball forward to those players us old folk call strikers.:bitchy:

Bookkeeper
17-10-2010, 11:01 PM
He'd be absolutely hopeless for Scotland, he likes to pass the ball forward to those players us old folk call strikers.:bitchy:

:greengrin :agree:

carnoustiehibee
17-10-2010, 11:04 PM
charlie adams sisters pants are the best
you can smell them from east to the west
there better if there soiled or there damp
charlie adams sisters pants

the guy is a spoon in a world full of forks.if thats the standard scotland have set then god help us all