PDA

View Full Version : NHC Unbelievable!!!!

Jim44
11-10-2010, 03:38 PM
When I read this sort of sycophantic drivel (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/columnists/billleckiesports/3173503/No-way-to-treat-a-HERO.html) I just despair and find it hard to wish for any success for the Scotland team. :bitchy:

HibbyAndy
11-10-2010, 03:40 PM
When I read this sort of sycophantic drivel (http://www.thescotti...eat-a-HERO.html), I just despair and find it hard to wish for any success for the Scotland team. :bitchy:

Still doesnt work.

Many times you tried Jim? :hilarious

cabbageandribs1875
11-10-2010, 03:40 PM
so what does it say :confused:

down the slope
11-10-2010, 03:41 PM
It said i don't believe it !.

calder45a
11-10-2010, 03:41 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/columnists/billleckiesports/3173503/No-way-to-treat-a-HERO.html

Littlest Hobo
11-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Unbelievable! :greengrin

Agree that MacGregor was simply brilliant the other night and is a top goalkeeper at the top of his game BUT the boy makes some daft decisions at times that's going to end up with him getting chased out of Scottish fitba if he isn't too careful.

We all saw the intent with that foot. Nuff said!

SMAXXA
11-10-2010, 03:44 PM
When I read this sort of sycophantic drivel (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/columnists/billleckiesports/3173503/No-way-to-treat-a-HERO.html) I just despair and find it hard to wish for any success for the Scotland team. :bitchy:

One of the most infuriating articles I have read for a long long time, a hero in Prague, GTF he made some good saves but does eh doing his job not spring to mind :grr:

Cropley10
11-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Unbelievable! :greengrin

He should have been done for the dive when he squared up to Deek.

The SFA got that wrong.

They've tried to even it up now with what went on at Pittodrie and have got that wrong too.

As the OP says - unbelievable

HibbyAndy
11-10-2010, 03:47 PM
He should have been done for the dive when he squared up to Deek.

The SFA got that wrong.

They've tried to even it up now with what went on at Pittodrie and have got that wrong too.

As the OP says - unbelievable

SFA Should have thrown the book at the biggest cock in Scottish football, Why the hell they didnt left me seriously dumbstruck.

The man is a bellend of the very highest order.

banarc7062
11-10-2010, 03:48 PM
If it's in the Sun or other weegie paper ignore it. They just lick the a***s of the ugly sisters to keep in a job. No worth bothering about or getting excited.:yawn:

Littlest Hobo
11-10-2010, 03:50 PM
SFA Should have thrown the book at the biggest cock in Scottish football, Why the hell they didnt left me seriously dumbstruck.

The man is a bellend of the very highest order.

:agree:

He is a top goalkeeper though.:devil:

GreenPJ
11-10-2010, 03:51 PM

Its hardly the Scotland team's fault that the Sun is a rag.

HibbyAndy
11-10-2010, 03:52 PM
:agree:

He is a top goalkeeper though.:devil:

Yes he is, But his antics every other week makes the man a cheating barsteward, The sooner Craig Gordon is back between the National sticks the better so AM can slither back into his little hole and f eck right off.

jonty
11-10-2010, 03:53 PM
(as I said in the bother thread before it was deleted... :greengrin)

hero my arse.
Doing his job and should be grateful he gets the opportunity.

Littlest Hobo
11-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Yes he is, But his antics every other week makes the man a cheating barsteward, The sooner Craig Gordon is back between the National sticks the better so AM can slither back into his little hole and f eck right off.

Soooo you feel quite strongly about this I see :devil::greengrin

HibbyAndy
11-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Soooo you feel quite strongly about this I see :devil::greengrin

:greengrin

That incident with Riordan when he threw himself to the ground made my blood boil, He seems to do things like this every other week, If its not feigning injury its kicking out at fellow players or pushing them in the back or mouthing off, Tosspot of a guy. :cool2:

Littlest Hobo
11-10-2010, 04:09 PM
:greengrin

That incident with Riordan when he threw himself to the ground made my blood boil, He seems to do things like this every other week, If its not feigning injury its kicking out at fellow players or pushing them in the back or mouthing off, Tosspot of a guy. :cool2:

I do remember we had a goalkeeper no that long ago who was in the same mould as MacGregor. ANDY GORAM anyone?:greengrin Another prick but what a goalkeeper he was.:agree:

Sir David Gray
11-10-2010, 04:10 PM
I saw him make one brilliant save, I think it was in the second half, but isn't that what he is there to do? It is his job after all.

Surely his performance in Prague and the disciplinary procedures that were taken against him are two completely separate things. He deserved to be punished for what he did against Aberdeen (he should also have received a punishment for his disgraceful antics against Riordan but that's another matter). It wasn't spotted by the referee at the time, Leckie is correct about that, but is that not the whole point of these video review panels, that they can review things afterwards that the referee has missed during the game?

The only thing that I think the authorities could be faulted for is the time that it took for them to issue the ban. The SFA announced the 1 match ban almost 2 weeks after the incident had occurred and I think that's too long, these things should be done and dusted within a day or two.

Allan McGregor is a very good goalkeeper, I don't think too many people would argue with that, but he is also a despicable person who I have absolutely no time for.

SMAXXA
11-10-2010, 04:20 PM

What he said :top marks

See all this p*sh that if it was dealt with by the ref, in the report not in the report etc etc, if its clear the punishment didnt fit the crime well rectify it. For me to continually turn a blind eye to his antics is bollocks so well done the Beeks at the SFA that punished him. For me its the bigger picture, what message are adiots like him sending to the youth of today, that its acceptable to act the way he continually does, acceptable to cheat, deliberatley try hurt a fellow player. Regardless how well he did the other night or how good a keeper he is, I personally would love to see him not being considered for Scotland, this would send out a message that it is unacceptable to act in the way he does full stop:grr:

Littlest Hobo
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
I saw him make one brilliant save, I think it was in the second half, but isn't that what he is there to do? It is his job after all.

Surely his performance in Prague and the disciplinary procedures that were taken against him are two completely separate things. He deserved to be punished for what he did against Aberdeen (he should also have received a punishment for his disgraceful antics against Riordan but that's another matter). It wasn't spotted by the referee at the time, Leckie is correct about that, but is that not the whole point of these video review panels, that they can review things afterwards that the referee has missed during the game?

The only thing that I think the authorities could be faulted for is the time that it took for them to issue the ban. The SFA announced the 1 match ban almost 2 weeks after the incident had occurred and I think that's too long, these things should be done and dusted within a day or two.

Allan McGregor is a very good goalkeeper, I don't think too many people would argue with that, but he is also a despicable person who I have absolutely no time for.

Another fantastic post Greeny or should I say J?!:agree: :wink:

basehibby
11-10-2010, 04:30 PM

Sycophantic drivel it is indeed :agree:.

However, McGregor did indeed put in a superb and focused performance on Friday night and he deserves some credit for keeping his focus and perhaps realising that his efforts were more for his manager, teammates and the Scotland supporters given the stupidity of the SFA's timing in serving up his (deserved) reprimand for his unsporting behaviour vs the sheep at the very time when he must have been on the way out the door to catch the bus to the airport.

Leckie's article is well wide of the mark though - fair enough the SFA's timing stinks, but McGregor is a repeat offender and entirely deserved some sort of warning. He was fortunate to escape punishment at ER for fiegning injury just a week or so before he petulantly kicked out at Pittodrie, and this is of course the same guy who stuck his vickies up at the nation not so very long ago cos Burley slapped his wrists for being a pish heid on international duty.

The Sun would have been at the head of the queue waiting to put the boot in during the Booze-gate fiasco so it's ironic how this sleazy rag now hails him as a hero for simply doing his job - albeit very well - against the Czecks.

Spike Mandela
11-10-2010, 04:41 PM
If he'd kept the Scotland score at zero he might have been a hero on the night. He failed.

Cheating, big headed, arrogant twat already banned from the Scotland team once before. Is this really what passes for hero material these days.

Overrated goalie whose antics at ER will live long in the memory and still brings a laugh.

The sooner Craig Gordon is fit and McGregor and the horrible Levein regime is over the better.

The_Todd
11-10-2010, 05:00 PM
I was almost a little sick in my mouth after reading that drivel. It's no wonder I find myself turning to Ice Hockey more than Football these days.

Absolutely disgusting article from a disgusting journo in a disgusting "newspaper" defending an absolutely digusting human being (who plys his trade for a disgusting football club).

I do hope my feelings have been made clear on the matter.

jane_says
11-10-2010, 05:34 PM
is this article real?

seriously?

Phil D. Rolls
11-10-2010, 05:45 PM
You just despair when you read stuff like that. We are never going to get out of the bit.

Hibs Class
11-10-2010, 06:47 PM
If the SFA had waited until say a week after the Spain game then instead of sitting out a home game against Motherwell he'd be sitting out an away match to Celtic. So there will be those who still see this decision as favouring Rangers.

broonie27
11-10-2010, 07:45 PM

Gave up reading it after about 2 mins. It is simply laughable that these idiots consider themselves journalists, a 14 year old 'O' grade (showing my age there) student could do better. But what I find even more incredible is the number of people that actually buy that garbage.

I find the Scotsman infuriating enough with it's small-minded colloquialism but the red-tops are nothing more than bad bum roll.

Future17
11-10-2010, 09:13 PM

Don't see the correlation between the article and wishing success (or otherwise) for the Scotland team? :confused:

Jim44
11-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Don't see the correlation between the article and wishing success (or otherwise) for the Scotland team? :confused:

For starters, I don't want to see MacGregor anywhere near the Scottish team. It's bad enough that after his appaling behaviour he's wormed his way back into favour but for the media to make him out as some sort of abused hero is ludicrous. I want to see this guy fail badly and if that means Scotland failing well tough. :smug:

ForeverHibs93
12-10-2010, 06:58 AM
He's actually a pretty decent guy:agree:.. his antics on the park though are beyond me

WestSideHibby
12-10-2010, 07:12 AM

Because Craig Gordon would never take a dive to try and get a Hibs player sent off...

agree with you about Mcgregor tho!

heretoday
12-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Classic hack work from The Sun, specifically targetted at the bitter huns out there.

It's tomorrow's chip paper and nothing to worry about!

Pretty Boy
12-10-2010, 08:56 AM
I hate The Sun.

I hate the SFA.

I don't know Bill Leckie personally but given the garbage he writes and the paper he writes it for i'd imagine i would hate him.

Again i don't know Allan McGreggor but given his on field persona, unprofessionalism etc etc i'd be pretty sure i'd hate him too.

I hate Rangers FC and everything they and some (most?) of the fans of that club stand for.

It's fair to say i feel rather strongly about this nonsense.

basehibby
12-10-2010, 11:41 AM
If the SFA had waited until say a week after the Spain game then instead of sitting out a home game against Motherwell he'd be sitting out an away match to Celtic. So there will be those who still see this decision as favouring Rangers.

I didn't realise there was a ban involved - if that's the case then there's absolutely no way the disciplinary comitee should have delayed issuing it - should be business as usual regardless of international fixtures.

hibee92
12-10-2010, 09:15 PM
if he wasn't such a complete tw@t, bellend, erse etc. he'd be playing in the premiership.

shame someone else couldn't get his talent, wasted on a prick!