PDA

View Full Version : january signings

michael_wilson1
10-10-2010, 04:47 PM
who would you like to see join hibs in january? personally i would like to see us make a move for liam craig from st johnstone

SteveHFC
10-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Liam Craig
Danny Grainger
Leigh Griffiths

HibbyAndy
10-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Jody Morris

RickyS
10-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Liam Craig
Danny Grainger
Leigh Griffiths

I bet Griffiths is picked up on a free by another SPL club a few days before we appoint a manager:grr:

Personally I would love to sign the boy Bryson from Killie, not because I want to get one over on our pink neighbours but because I think he has a decent future. maybe 250k plus Rankin would do it?

Mikey
10-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Don't expect us to be buying anyone. There's a £2m hole to be plugged every year and the sale of Stokes won't cover that for this year.

You're more likely to see loan signings coming in from down south for the remainder of the season.

alex74
10-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Liam Craig
Danny Grainger
Leigh Griffithsleigh griffiths danny swanson if we could afford him and centre midfielder with abit of streanth about him bamba would be perfect for that position but i think he could be sold in january

Wotherspiniesta
10-10-2010, 05:08 PM
David Hutton (free) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hutton_%28footballer_born_1989%29

Adam Rooney (pre-contract/nominal fee)

Febian Brandy (free):http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Febian_Brandy

Jonathan Grounds (extended loan)

Andy Robinson (free): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Robinson_%28footballer%29

frazeHFC
10-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Liam Craig
Leigh Griffiths
Adam Rooney
Danny Swanson/Ross Forbes (no way affordable but would love to get him)
A big, Bauben type centre mid

Lmc2105
10-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Liam Craig and Jamie Hamill so they will stop bloody scoring against us all the time!!!:grr:

alex74
10-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Liam Craig
Leigh Griffiths
Adam Rooney
A big, Bauben type centre midthe boy hayes from ict looks a good player

keep the faith
10-10-2010, 06:35 PM
I bet Griffiths is picked up on a free by another SPL club a few days before we appoint a manager:grr:

Personally I would love to sign the boy Bryson from Killie, not because I want to get one over on our pink neighbours but because I think he has a decent future. maybe 250k plus Rankin would do it?

I reckon they would take 250k in cash for Bryson or 500k if we wanted them to take Rankin! :greengrin

HibeeSince85
10-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Don't expect us to be buying anyone. There's a £2m hole to be plugged every year and the sale of Stokes won't cover that for this year.

You're more likely to see loan signings coming in from down south for the remainder of the season.

That's quite a worrying statement that.

I can't see us making any sales upto £2m a year in the near future.

This at a time when the playing squad must be addressed and invested in.

MrSmith
10-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Hopefully it will be people who want to play for the club and perform accordingly!

I just hope that we do not go out and sign anyone just because...

Alfred E Newman
10-10-2010, 08:58 PM
who would you like to see join hibs in january? personally i would like to see us make a move for liam craig from st johnstone

I haven`t a clue but I know a few I would like to see the back off. :bye:

Ed De Gramo
10-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Drogba
Lampard
Malouda
Scott Parker

:cool2::cool2:

El Gubbz
10-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Who's the right winger for motherwell? Chris Humphrey?

Manxhibs
10-10-2010, 11:13 PM
If it is Clarke that has taken over the hot seat, we may see a few loan signings to help us through to the end of the season and then let the clear out commence.

ScottB
11-10-2010, 12:18 AM
If it is Clarke that has taken over the hot seat, we may see a few loan signings to help us through to the end of the season and then let the clear out commence.

:agree:

A nice mix of Chelsea Reserves and Galacticos will do nicely!

heretoday
11-10-2010, 08:04 AM
The Motherwell front line.

McKenzie
11-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Clarke could contact Jose and tie up a few loan deals :devil: heard Benzemas unhappy:wink:

Hibbyradge
11-10-2010, 05:25 PM
If it's Clarke, given the fact that he'll have been close to the English leagues, I'd expect him to make an early move to bring Stephen Dobie back to Easter Road. :agree:

jonny
11-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Liam Craig
Leigh Griffiths
Adam Rooney
A big, Bauben type centre mid

Agree with the 3 highlighted. Particularly Rooney. I mentioned about him in a thread near the start of the season and was shot down with comments like "he's done nothing at SPL level". I seen him last year and knew then he'd be a good investment.
Im sure the new manager will have his own ideas and I suppose will use his contacts to bring in players he believes will do a job.

sven nil
12-10-2010, 02:50 AM
BARRY BANNAN(please....)

Ritchie
12-10-2010, 05:35 AM
If it's Clarke, given the fact that he'll have been close to the English leagues, I'd expect him to make an early move to bring Stephen Dobie back to Easter Road. :agree:

I don't think dobbie will even think about coming back to Hibs. He's playing regularly for Swansea.

Toaods
12-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Clarke won't know who Dobbie is.

Pretty Boy
12-10-2010, 09:03 AM
BARRY BANNAN(please....)

Aye i can just see Aston Villa being deperate to let one of their most promising young talents come to Hibs and him being desperate to come.:wink:

Not even likely as a loan deal i'm afraid.

clerriehibs
12-10-2010, 10:26 AM

and how do you feel when the media have been sniffing round our players on behalf of the old firm? Is this any different?

Albion Hibs
12-10-2010, 12:32 PM
David Hutton (free) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hutton_%28footballer_born_1989%29

Adam Rooney (pre-contract/nominal fee)

Febian Brandy (free):http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Febian_Brandy

Jonathan Grounds (extended loan)

Andy Robinson (free): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Robinson_%28footballer%29

Dont fancy any of the above, realistically they have all been at bigger clubs, gone to lower league England and been released, or are kicking on a little, so cant we what they would have to offer. In addition I am really keen to find a midfielder that approaches average height for a 12 year old - a couple of 5 footers with either pace, or a lot of skill fine, outwith that a bit of height and build.

Would agree that it would be interesting to see Grounds loan extended, but on the basis we play him at CH.

Cropley10
12-10-2010, 12:39 PM

This £2m hole....

Get the conveyor belt working again AND get more people coming to ER.

It should be easier to try and get the revenue/profit figure up than selling players or reducing costs.

Wotherspiniesta
12-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Dont fancy any of the above, realistically they have all been at bigger clubs, gone to lower league England and been released, or are kicking on a little, so cant we what they would have to offer. In addition I am really keen to find a midfielder that approaches average height for a 12 year old - a couple of 5 footers with either pace, or a lot of skill fine, outwith that a bit of height and build.

Would agree that it would be interesting to see Grounds loan extended, but on the basis we play him at CH.

Well, I don't claim to have seen a lot of Hutton, but I've seen clips of him at Cheltenham and he has a lot of pace. Still a very raw player by all means. Someone in the Ivan Sproule mould perhaps. Brandy I know nothing about to be honest.

Robinson has a lot of experience at Championship level and would be a decent addition IMO.

These 3 players are without clubs at the moment. So it wouldn't be much of a risk offering them a trial and seeing how they get on.

Rooney is a player who could develop well with us. He looks a very composed finisher and would be available on a free in the summer.

alex74
12-10-2010, 01:36 PM
and how do you feel when the media have been sniffing round our players on behalf of the old firm? Is this any different?the media can sniff around all they want we have no players left that would interest the old firm at the moment.

Mikeystewart
12-10-2010, 01:54 PM

I would hope if Leigh knew there was a chance of coming to Hibs he would sit and wait a few more days :cool2:

brydekirk
12-10-2010, 04:05 PM

:agree: we will need to make the scottish cup final to keep us in the black.

ScottB
12-10-2010, 04:07 PM
:agree: we will need to make the scottish cup final to keep us in the black.

Exciting new manager + good form + good football + cup run = many more fans through the gates!

Could really make all the difference this year!

Hibee Daz
12-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Exciting new manager + good form + good football + cup run = many more fans through the gates!

Could really make all the difference this year!

It certainly would, we all live in hope.:pray:

StarMan10
12-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Surely we can get Leigh griffiths who was born in leith and is a hibs fan for a cheap fee when dundee enter adminastration

alex74
12-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Surely we can get Leigh griffiths who was born in leith and is a hibs fan for a cheap fee when dundee enter adminastrationsurely dundee has broken the contract hope we do get him as ma nephew goes out with his sister and could get free tickets lol.

alex74
12-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Surely we can get Leigh griffiths who was born in leith and is a hibs fan for a cheap fee when dundee enter adminastrationwhat about the iceland no 10 lastnight

StarMan10
12-10-2010, 09:45 PM
what about the iceland no 10 lastnight

yeah he just cost hoffenheim £7m in the summer so thats not going to happen:hilarious

alex74
12-10-2010, 09:55 PM
yeah he just cost hoffenheim £7m in the summer so thats not going to happen:hilariousmaybe your right struggling to get a game at er

sparkiehibs
13-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Adam Rooney - ICT - Pre-Contact (Contract ends Aug 2011)

Jamie Murphy - Motherwell

Barry Bannan - Aston Villa Reserves - Loan

Zavon Hines - West Ham Reserves - Loan

Ryan Noble - Sunderland Reserves - Loan

Jordan Cook - Sunderland Reserves - Loan

HibeeSince85
13-10-2010, 08:18 PM
This £2m hole....

Get the conveyor belt working again AND get more people coming to ER.

It should be easier to try and get the revenue/profit figure up than selling players or reducing costs.

I'd imagine we have been trying to get the conveyor belt running since we got the last batch, one reason or another we have yet to see a influx close to what we had before into the first team Wotherspoon excluded.

What I don't get though is what this £2m hole is, I mean I like to think I keep as much up to date as I can about Hibs and yet from what Mikey has said is that every year we're starting off with a £2m deficit to make up before we even begin. Have I missed something?

Albion Hibs
13-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Adam Rooney - ICT - Pre-Contact (Contract ends Aug 2011)

Jamie Murphy - Motherwell

Barry Bannan - Aston Villa Reserves - Loan

Zavon Hines - West Ham Reserves - Loan

Ryan Noble - Sunderland Reserves - Loan

Jordan Cook - Sunderland Reserves - Loan

Loan signing to get us through the end of the season may be a possibility but dont think we could afford any of the above.

Cropley10
13-10-2010, 10:08 PM
I'd imagine we have been trying to get the conveyor belt running since we got the last batch, one reason or another we have yet to see a influx close to what we had before into the first team Wotherspoon excluded.

What I don't get though is what this £2m hole is, I mean I like to think I keep as much up to date as I can about Hibs and yet from what Mikey has said is that every year we're starting off with a £2m deficit to make up before we even begin. Have I missed something?

Our costs are £2m more than our income currently. This is what causes the hole.

So - either get the costs down or get the revenue up. Otherwise we need to sell players.

One of the reasons the conveyor belt is broken is that Yogi felt that none of the players - other than Wotherspoon were ready for the first team. There are people who watched that U19 team who would argue that they were. Problem is we never got the chance to judge.

Wotherspiniesta
13-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Loan signing to get us through the end of the season may be a possibility but dont think we could afford any of the above.

Who would you like to see us make a move for Albion Hibs? :greengrin

HibeeSince85
13-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Our costs are £2m more than our income currently. This is what causes the hole.

So - either get the costs down or get the revenue up. Otherwise we need to sell players.

One of the reasons the conveyor belt is broken is that Yogi felt that none of the players - other than Wotherspoon were ready for the first team. There are people who watched that U19 team who would argue that they were. Problem is we never got the chance to judge.

Got you, I was aware that cuts were going to have to be made but like any business we were just going to have to address it, I've taken Mikeys post the wrong way and thought that I missed a further £2m that was getting squandered.

Not sure about Yogi is completely to blame with the youths, Byrne is getting what he needs at east Fife and could come back ready for the first team, i think he made the right choice in sencing a few of them out to get competitive football under their belt.

Cropley10
13-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Got you, I was aware that cuts were going to have to be made but like any business we were just going to have to address it, I've taken Mikeys post the wrong way and thought that I missed a further £2m that was getting squandered.

Not sure about Yogi is completely to blame with the youths, Byrne is getting what he needs at east Fife and could come back ready for the first team, i think he made the right choice in sencing a few of them out to get competitive football under their belt.

It's not so much a case of squandering costs more of falling attendances/revenues and getting humped out of the CIS at the first stage every year! IMHO.

There's only so much cost cutting we can do - but our Board ain't cheap :whistle:

Albion Hibs
13-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Who would you like to see us make a move for Albion Hibs? :greengrin

January is a long way away, first and foremost I would like the manager to focus on getting our current squad working properly - I do believe we are, on paper, a decent side. Thereafter I think it will depend on manager we get in, whether he has a track record of signing players, or whether he is a manager that focuses on developing younger players, we can decide how to go forward.

I think until then we are just talking about signings for signings sake.

HibeeSince85
13-10-2010, 10:46 PM
It's not so much a case of squandering costs more of falling attendances/revenues and getting humped out of the CIS at the first stage every year! IMHO.

There's only so much cost cutting we can do - but our Board ain't cheap :whistle:

Pay peanuts you get Monkeys though!

The problem comes from the fact that if we don't fund the football side with the right amount of investment(I include a wage for a manager in this that can mould all this together) then attendences continue to slide and the revenue from cups/league positions will generate even less.

Certainly a make or break season for the board, I'm quite positive they will deliver.