PDA

View Full Version : Simon Brown.

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2010, 03:10 PM
He's actually got worse than when he was at easter road. Watch the goal he's just conceded against Fleetwood town. :faf:

Chuck Rhoades
10-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Link?

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Link?

Not allowed, but its easy to find. :wink:

alex74
10-10-2010, 05:44 PM
He's actually got worse than when he was at easter road. Watch the goal he's just conceded against Fleetwood town. :faf:dont you think he was good at easter road or was zibbi your number 1 :violin:

HibbyAndy
10-10-2010, 05:45 PM
dont you think he was good at easter road or was zibbi your number 1 :violin:

IMO They were both absolute gash.

Baldy Foghorn
10-10-2010, 05:48 PM

Agreed, Just look at the Rangers goals at Easter Road (Adam) and the goal lost at Tynie, when he thought it was going wide, sums up how bad Brown was.... Zibbi hmmm there is lots of examples of pishness:greengrin

HibbyAndy
10-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Agreed, Just look at the Rangers goals at Easter Road (Adam) and the goal lost at Tynie, when he thought it was going wide, sums up how bad Brown was.... Zibbi hmmm there is lots of examples of pishness:greengrin

:agree:

Remember both goals vividly :boo hoo::boo hoo:

Only decent thing about the Tynie goal is we came back and beat the mutants 2-1 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
10-10-2010, 05:55 PM

Remember both goals vividly :boo hoo::boo hoo:

Only decent thing about the Tynie goal is we came back and beat the mutants 2-1 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Remember Tynie at half time, cursing how bad it was and cursing Brown. At full time being on Cloud nine walking through the mutants to get home, and I was delirious.... Happy days

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2010, 05:57 PM
dont you think he was good at easter road or was zibbi your number 1 :violin:

I wouldn't have played either, I'd have started without a keeper, apparently just playing 10 men is the way forward these days, you could call it my plan B. :tee hee:

Holmesdale Hibs
10-10-2010, 06:01 PM

HibbyAndy
10-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Remember Tynie at half time, cursing how bad it was and cursing Brown. At full time being on Cloud nine walking through the mutants to get home, and I was delirious.... Happy days

Was exactly the same .

Walking through them with my hibs top on proud as punch!

O'connor and Deano :cool2:

alex74
10-10-2010, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't have played either, I'd have started without a keeper, apparently just playing 10 men is the way forward these days, you could call it my plan B. :tee hee:how about colin nish in goals or would the team miss his quality up front
:dunno:

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2010, 06:13 PM
how about colin nish in goals or would the team miss his quality up front
:dunno:

No, i wouldn't have colin in the Hibs or Scotland team? Perhaps you should actually read what people are posting?

alex74
10-10-2010, 06:26 PM
No, i wouldn't have colin in the Hibs or Scotland team? Perhaps you should actually read what people are posting?well who do you think is the best goalkeeper we have at easter road at the moment

_hucks_
10-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Not allowed, but its easy to find. :wink:

Maybe I'm just being a tool but I can't find it. What would you suggest googling?

jacomo
10-10-2010, 06:55 PM

Yeah but at least Zibbi tried his best - even tho he was rubbish.

SB was a jakey waster.

Bostonhibby
10-10-2010, 07:43 PM
:greengrin Thanks for the memory of a thoroughly incompetent keeper and dislikeable individual towards the end of his time (I refuse to call it a career) with us - favourite measure of his ability was when he was in goals for Brentford not long after he left us, and they got hammered, one of which went through his legs.

Bostonhibby
10-10-2010, 07:56 PM
well who do you think is the best goalkeeper we have at easter road at the moment

PS - I dont think the OP was talking "in the moment". Brown was part of the past that most hibby's would know about, the OP seems to have been raising it in the present day because its now that Brown has come to his attention, once again reminding us as to his talents.....................

If you post a poll about the best goalkeeper, you might find out what hibbys think on the matter, but it might be the best of a bad lot at the moment, and you might actually find Stack wins because of his (alleged) ability to sort out yams.

Hibercelona
10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
TBF to Simon Brown. As bas as some of his mistakes were, I also recall him making many cracking saves....

Zibi on the other hand.... :bitchy:

Jonnyboy
10-10-2010, 08:31 PM
TBF to Simon Brown. As bas as some of his mistakes were, I also recall him making many cracking saves....

Zibi on the other hand.... :bitchy:

.......... was equally gash but take a look at the YouTube video of the Ivan hat trick at Ibrox where Zibi had a good game :wink:

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2010, 10:32 PM
well who do you think is the best goalkeeper we have at easter road at the moment

I think its Thomas Flynn, i have seen him warm up a few times, and he was fantastic, not seen him play though. :tee hee:

IWasThere2016
10-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Someone's 'plotting' against poor Broon :faf:

I recall a superb save v the Huns, and some safe hands in the 0-3 SC win :agree:

Was there really that many clangers other than the one v the Yams. Serious question - I'm no recalling any like Zibby's!

Broken Gnome
11-10-2010, 06:12 AM
The derby after his Tynecastle mare he had another howler and was unbelievably lucky not to be sent off I remember. The goals against Rangers were extremely soft as well. He did have a few good days, but even going back to his very first game there were a lot of goals you felt he could've done a lot better with. Had a lovely habit of lying on the ground when faced with a one on one as well rather than standing up and making himself look big (don't laugh).

IWasThere2016
11-10-2010, 07:12 AM
That's true R - he did do a grounded whale impersonation rather well.

Pretty Boy
11-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Terrible goalkeeper.

Guy also loved a bevvy. Used to see him out and about all the time, always with a pint in his hand. Probably the only keeper to rival Goram and Southall in the beer belly stakes. Pity he was nowhere near as good as those 2.

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Terrible goalkeeper.

Guy also loved a bevvy. Used to see him out and about all the time, always with a pint in his hand. Probably the only keeper to rival Goram and Southall in the beer belly stakes. Pity he was nowhere near as good as those 2.

:agree: I was listening to a game on HI one night, Hibs v Celtic reserves, we were winning iirc right to the death, and Celtic equalised with a shot my granny would have saved. John Campbell said at the time Brown should be taken round the back of the stand and shot. One of the funniest things i have heard in a football commentary, but the most accurate too.

Anyone who watched Hibs regularly in those days, wouldn't even ask if he was as bad as Zibby.

Danderhall Hibs
11-10-2010, 01:51 PM
.......... was equally gash but take a look at the YouTube video of the Ivan hat trick at Ibrox where Zibi had a good game :wink:

Was that the good game he had?! I had vague memories of it being against ICT.

Anyone who watched Hibs regularly in those days, wouldn't even ask if he was as bad as Zibby.

I watched them regularly and though Brown was far superior to Zibby. Not that that says much likesy.

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2010, 01:57 PM
I watched them regularly and though Brown was far superior to Zibby. Not that that says much likesy.

I should have phrased that better, i should have said anyone who watched hibs regularly, wouldn't need to ask who was the better keeper, there was nothing much in it, they were both ****.

IWasThere2016
11-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Who asked who was the better keeper? :dunno:

Jonnyboy
11-10-2010, 03:13 PM
:agree: I was listening to a game on HI one night, Hibs v Celtic reserves, we were winning iirc right to the death, and Celtic equalised with a shot my granny would have saved. John Campbell said at the time Brown should be taken round the back of the stand and shot. One of the funniest things i have heard in a football commentary, but the most accurate too.

Sadly, nobody broke out the rifles :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Sadly, nobody broke out the rifles :greengrin

I have spoken to you before about this, i found it hysterical and one of the reasons i subscibed to HI for so long, just for the commentary at games. You actually said what the fans were thinking, sadly these days its just not like that anymore. :boo hoo: And the main reason i dont now. Come back john, please. :wink:

Jonnyboy
11-10-2010, 03:42 PM
I have spoken to you before about this, i found it hysterical and one of the reasons i subscibed to HI for so long, just for the commentary at games. You actually said what the fans were thinking, sadly these days its just not like that anymore. :boo hoo: And the main reason i dont now. Come back john, please. :wink:

Thanks G :thumbsup: Sadly that choice is not mine to make

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2010, 03:45 PM

Thats a shame John, i'd put up with the krypton factor navagation if i could just hear those dulcet tones again.:greengrin

Jonnyboy
11-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Thats a shame John, i'd put up with the krypton factor navagation if i could just hear those dulcet tones again.:greengrin

Aw shucks, now I'm blushing :embarrass:LOL:

(((Fergus)))
11-10-2010, 06:26 PM

Pity. Used to love your commentary too.

--------
11-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Terrible goalkeeper.

My co-generationists will remember Willie Wilson fae Wallyford who played fr us in the late 1960's.

Willie was a stalwart custodian indeed, and was alleged to train on pints of heavy - 8 or 9 a night.

(Of course, I can't vouch for the story, but I heard it from a very good source....)

Jonnyboy
11-10-2010, 09:34 PM
My co-generationists will remember Willie Wilson fae Wallyford who played fr us in the late 1960's.

Willie was a stalwart custodian indeed, and was alleged to train on pints of heavy - 8 or 9 a night.

(Of course, I can't vouch for the story, but I heard it from a very good source....)

The man in black :agree::thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
11-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Pity. Used to love your commentary too.

Cheers Fergus :thumbsup:

Maybe you and Blackpool should start a wee petition :greengrin

Hiber-nation
11-10-2010, 09:58 PM

Was it not Willie that forgot about the "new" 4 step rule in a European game in the 60s?