PDA

View Full Version : Michael Oneill and Shamrock Rovers

2belhaven
09-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Watched their game against Sporting Fingal today. At 1-0 up they missed a penalty and then proceeded to lose the game conceeding twice in last 5 minutes.Standard not great and defending was awful for leveller. Not a timely addition to his CV if Hibs are seriously considering his appointment. Possibly a result that could cost them the championship.

Personally i don't think he should even be considered.

lucky
09-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Sounds like he is made for Hibs

Musselbound
09-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Sounds like Shamrock Rovers are bottling it big style. I watched their game against Bohemians and after hearing how results have gone the last few weeks I felt Shamrock were destined to bottle it.

Not sure how much bearing this should have on O'Neill's ability to manage Hibs but he wouldn't be my choice at the moment.

Musselbound
09-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Sounds like he is made for Hibs

Aye, maybe you do have a point as losing games after going 1-0 up has become all the rage for Hibs lately.:boo hoo:

cabbageandribs1875
09-10-2010, 06:07 PM

Not sure how much bearing this should have on O'Neill's ability to manage Hibs but he wouldn't be my choice at the moment.

i concur :agree:

offshorehibby
09-10-2010, 06:14 PM
What was the Bohemians score, last i saw it was 1-0 for Bos

Hibee Daz
09-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Watched their game against Sporting Fingal today. At 1-0 up they missed a penalty and then proceeded to lose the game conceeding twice in last 5 minutes.Standard not great and defending was awful for leveller. Not a timely addition to his CV if Hibs are seriously considering his appointment. Possibly a result that could cost them the championship.

Spot on, the board need to learn from their mistakes and stop appointing managers who are still learning their trade.
I'm sure even the most accomplished of managers are still learning things all the time, but we need one who already has a proven track record in bailing a team oot the **** when their general fitness/morale is at an all time low and when they are propping up the league table!

M11BMO
09-10-2010, 07:26 PM
We'll get the blame for them bottling it and throwing away the league... It'll be us that's distracted O'Neill etc etc...

Dirkster23
09-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Yo tampoco!:agree:

There was a boy called Hibs Spain that used to post on here, you could have chatted to him in Spanish. All he ever did though was talk about how good Maka was- oh wait :greengrin

Riordans Boots
09-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeh ..Don't be fooled. He was a Yam clown who's never been to a Hib's game in his life. I know him well.Lives ten houses away from Sir Tom. Luckily some Russian hard man sussed him out:rolleyes::thumbsup:

Not true - Hibs Spain sat 2 rows behind me for years - FACT :agree:

Removed
09-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Not true - Hibs Spain sat 2 rows behind me for years - FACT :agree:

And I think matty can vouch for him too

Riordans Boots
09-10-2010, 08:32 PM
:whistle::whistle:

Aye - you away and :whistle: yersel :agree:

BEEJ
10-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Yeh ..Don't be fooled. He was a Yam clown who's never been to a Hib's game in his life. I know him well.Lives ten houses away from Sir Tom. Luckily some Russian hard man sussed him out:rolleyes::thumbsup:
They do say that the 'legend' that is Hibs Pain is now back on .net masquerading under another guise. :eek:

They say he / she trolls the boards by night, hunting down goalkeeper threads to which he / she can make outrageous contributions.

If you see him / her, remember to let the Admins know. There's apparently a rich reward for his / her identification (PM membership for a whole week).

sixtwo
10-10-2010, 12:27 AM
mr oneill stayed the night in my tiny flat in abbey street about ten years ago. my mates (mcculloch, parker and mccanespie) played for saint johnstone at the time. I thought he or the big irish defender would be an excellent future manger for hibs. michael is a great guy. he loved hibs and he is astute.

truth is i'm also hibs daft, albeit i am also steming while writing this

I want us to sign a recognised manager. i want a manager who will make every ither team sit up an say " what the **** is happening over there?" I want us to build on the the good foundattions and challenge everyone!!!

BEEJ
10-10-2010, 12:28 AM
I've seen him.Wasn't sure at first but looks like he's back in training. Looked in good shape!
:thumbsup:

So, it's a 'he'! Interesting .... :hmmm:

Hibernia Na Eir
10-10-2010, 08:40 AM
i dont want him at Hibs at all.

Please no Rod.