PDA

View Full Version : NHC London pubs showing Scotland game on Tuesday night?

Franksaysno
09-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Working in London this week. Can anyone suggest a good boozer which will be showing the game?

BEEJ
09-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Bound to be a comedy club in the West End somewhere that will be making it their special feature for the night.

London Hibs Supporters Club
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Working in London this week. Can anyone suggest a good boozer which will be showing the game?

Where about in London are you?

Franksaysno
09-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Waterloo area.

tamig
09-10-2010, 03:59 PM

Sports Bar at Haymarket usually has the Scotland games on in one bit of the pub.

London Hibs Supporters Club
09-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Agree about the Sports Bar at Haymarket.

Another alternative is to look for a local Spanish bar. There's a decent one on Pentonville Rd, Kings Cross called Camino that serves good food and draft beers. (Tel: 0207 841 7331) You could give them a call to confirm that they'll be showing the match.

Franksaysno
09-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Austinho
09-10-2010, 07:49 PM
When I saw the thread title, I was also going to say Sports Bar...

Watched the Holland game there a couple of years ago, David Sneddon was also there in his Scotland shirt! Just get in early - with England playing on the same night it'll be fairly rammed.

E10 Rifle
10-10-2010, 06:39 AM
Any Walkabout pub will show it, so you can probably take a stroll over the Thames to the one at Temple in about 20-25 mins. I would watch the Sports Bar, over priced and bar staff on the take.

Holmesdale Hibs
10-10-2010, 12:05 PM
I watched the Czech game in the Hootenanny in Brixton. It's a decent pub and around 20-30 scots there. The atmosphere has been good in the past when we played with strikers and managed the odd shot on goal

NYHibby
10-10-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm going to be in South Kensington Tuesday night. Any suggestions?

London Hibee
10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
The Sports Cafe on Haymarket is good, especially for on Champions League nights when you can follow different games on different screens, but I'd avoid it on nights like Tuesday, when England are playing as it will be full of Ing-er-land fans.

I'd recommend the Rob Roy in Sale Place, near Paddington, it will be full of Scots and does Scottish beer

s2hart
10-10-2010, 11:47 PM

You probably want the Famous 3 Kings, next door to West Kensington tube station, might be there myself with a few boys!

Auckland Hibs
11-10-2010, 12:20 AM
You probably want the Famous 3 Kings, next door to West Kensington tube station, might be there myself with a few boys!

This is still the best place in London to watch Scotland games, decent sized screens, loads of different fans and there's usually another 10 games to watch when we're getting pumped. The France game will be remembered for a long time!

RE: The Rob Roy - isn't it closed down now?!

Sick Boy
11-10-2010, 01:52 AM
Anyone know somewhere in Honolulu showing the game?:cool2: It's a 9am kick off here and most bars don't open 'til 11.:grr:

lyonhibs
11-10-2010, 10:00 AM
This is still the best place in London to watch Scotland games, decent sized screens, loads of different fans and there's usually another 10 games to watch when we're getting pumped. The France game will be remembered for a long time!

RE: The Rob Roy - isn't it closed down now?!

It wasn't last weekend when I nipped in to commiserate with a few Dons mates after they chucked away a 2 goal lead against Der Hun :greengrin

Auckland Hibs
11-10-2010, 06:59 PM
It wasn't last weekend when I nipped in to commiserate with a few Dons mates after they chucked away a 2 goal lead against Der Hun :greengrin

Cheers - it's been a while since I was last in London but I thought I read somewhere that it was closed (or closing down?). Used to head up there to watch the Scotland Games of old but it just got too busy to actually enjoy the games (or get served!).

Plus, the manager is a sheep-****ging fud.

--------
12-10-2010, 12:05 AM

You might want to stay in - and on Wednesday, try not to let on you're a Scot. :wink:

Franksaysno
15-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Guys, thanks for all the replies. Chose the Walkabout at Temple and would recommend for future games......all the locals watching a boring 0-0 draw in one room and around 30 Scots in another room , with 3 large screens and friendly bar staff. A good crowd....suffering an emotional rollercoaster. A good night just a pity bout the result.

Cheers.