PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans in Australia

Graham Law
08-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Guys anybody know if the OZ Hibs supporters branch is still going?

The web site seems like it aint been updated for a few years.

Also any Hibees in NSW

Looking at trying to organise something for the derby on New Years day as I have a couple of ex Hibees potentially coming to visit us then and heard that the OZ Hibs branch used to hold a few functions to honour ex players and managers

NthCarolinaHibs
08-10-2010, 11:59 PM
One of the posters on the North American Hibs forum is from Brisbane, but dunno about the Oz Hibs...used to keep in touch with them, but no idea what the story is with their branch

aussie_hibee
09-10-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm pretty sure it's still going although in saying that, I've not had a newsletter in about 6 - 12 months. The west Australia branch is still getting together for the games however I was told that we are the only state that still do so. When setanta became available in homes over here, the meet ups slowly dwindled away. There are plenty of us over there though and pubs that will show the game.

Fred will no doubt come doubt clarify the exact situation in NSW. I'm not "in the know" and I'm just "passing on what I have heard...!"

NthCarolinaHibs
09-10-2010, 12:13 AM
So, is there still a web site addy?

ozhibs
09-10-2010, 12:32 AM
The Australia branch is still going ( I won't put strong), and HWG! is still going out monthly. So if anyone is not getting it let me know.We have had a few hard copies returned and emails bounced back, so let me know and I will update your details.

As for getting together that has more or less died a death since Setanta started broadcasting the SPL, Every so often I get emails from people who come out here back packing etc. asking about places to watch the games.
In Melbourne I recommend "the Charles Dickens, in Collins street in the CBD. Perth guys usually went to a football club but I'm unsure of name and suburb.

Peter Hart

ozhibs
09-10-2010, 12:33 AM
So, is there still a web site addy?

There is a addy but I got some bad info and it is now ****ed and I'm not pc savvy enough to fix it.

NthCarolinaHibs
09-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Used to talk to Fred quite a lot, and met him in Edinburgh, for a photie of the USA and Oz, Hibs Supporters Clubs, getting together. Quite a unique thing..never happened since that I know of:flag:

Albion Hibs
09-10-2010, 12:51 AM

Also any Hibees in NSW

Looking at trying to organise something for the derby on New Years day as I have a couple of ex Hibees potentially coming to visit us then and heard that the OZ Hibs branch used to hold a few functions to honour ex players and managers

Just glad to hear that you are still alive / have recovered from your Thursday night!

Your golf challange is set!!

Always Up.

emmjayfox
09-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Used to talk to Fred quite a lot, and met him in Edinburgh, for a photie of the USA and Oz, Hibs Supporters Clubs, getting together. Quite a unique thing..never happened since that I know of:flag:

Or you werent invited back :greengrin

hibee4life1983
09-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Should be, i was there a few years ago.
Great place.

They dont have a clue about fitba tho!

18Craig75
09-10-2010, 08:55 AM
I'll be in Sydney for the derby, would be interested in watching the game with some fellow hibees!

Forza Fred
09-10-2010, 09:56 AM

remeber it well.

We had a few beers in the Four In Hand if I recall correctly.

I'm still here, like the rest of us still following the Hibs and hoping for better times, and still drinking too much beer.

Been back a couple of times since then.

Planning a holiday to Vegas and New York in July next year so it is an absol;ute certainty that despite everything, Hibs will make the cup final in late May - just to stuff my plans up.

You can bet your house on it.

Graham Law
09-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Just glad to hear that you are still alive / have recovered from your Thursday night!

Your golf challange is set!!

Always Up.

Aye mate i was well plastered when on the phone to you Ha-Ha.

What was the golf challange again? Christ I must have been steaming as I don't recall most of the conversation

GGTTH

Always up, never down, always Hibs together

Alex Trager
09-10-2010, 12:48 PM
remeber it well.

We had a few beers in the Four In Hand if I recall correctly.

I'm still here, like the rest of us still following the Hibs and hoping for better times, and still drinking too much beer.

Been back a couple of times since then.

Planning a holiday to Vegas and New York in July next year so it is an absol;ute certainty that despite everything, Hibs will make the cup final in late May - just to stuff my plans up.

You can bet your house on it.
I'm goign to oz backpacking and have a changeable return flight date for the very said reason

ozhibs
11-10-2010, 07:13 AM

Also any Hibees in NSW

I believe it is being shown at Star City In Sydney

ozhibs
11-10-2010, 07:24 AM
I'm pretty sure it's still going although in saying that, I've not had a newsletter in about 6 - 12 months. The west Australia branch is still getting together for the games however I was told that we are the only state that still do so. When setanta became available in homes over here, the meet ups slowly dwindled away. There are plenty of us over there though and pubs that will show the game.

Fred will no doubt come doubt clarify the exact situation in NSW. I'm not "in the know" and I'm just "passing on what I have heard...!"

Send me a email to ozhibs@hotmail and I will make sure you get HWG!

bob12345
24-09-2017, 10:21 PM
I'm in Brisbane for a month. Anywhere good to watch the games?

ozhibs
24-09-2017, 11:16 PM

Hi Bob, I will put out an email asking guys to answers you question, as i have no Idea about Brisbane.

WellingtonHibby
24-09-2017, 11:22 PM

The Australian and NZ Hibs supporters forum on Facebook is probably the most active way to find out. Plenty of folk out that way that watch the games (usually on Hibs Tv Tbf)

Have a look on that.

Forza Fred
24-09-2017, 11:24 PM
Strange that this seven year old thread has been resurrected 😳

Just to set the record straight the Oz branch is alive and kicking with 30th anniversary celebrations going ahead in two capital cities next month.

bubblesmorrison
25-09-2017, 01:45 AM
I will be movong to austrilia on November 13th gold coast area anyone on here from around there?