PDA

View Full Version : would a new manager have the balls??

ozwoody
08-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Comparisons...........Stephen Kearney has just been appointed parramatta eels coach in sydney.one of the first things he said was he he would not take job unless he had FULL control over laying group e.g fines,signings etc

can we hope our new boss will ask same from our board?

GloryGlory
08-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Comparisons...........Stephen Kearney has just been appointed parramatta eels coach in sydney.one of the first things he said was he he would not take job unless he had FULL control over laying group e.g fines,signings etc

What makes you think that the football manager doesn't get this support at Hibs?

RP may negotiate the deals for players, but the manager identifies his signing targets.

ozwoody
08-10-2010, 12:58 PM
What makes you think that the football manager doesn't get this support at Hibs?

RP may negotiate the deals for players, but the manager identifies his signing targets.

im being honest here,i think rp has full control over hibs.....signings,agents,purse strings.

I believe he should let team matters go to manager,and accounts to him.No lines blurred,and manager and players know where they stand

(((Fergus)))
08-10-2010, 01:09 PM

:jamboclow

Ritchie
08-10-2010, 01:12 PM
more to the point.... why would anybody name their team after eels??? :bitchy:

Caversham Green
08-10-2010, 01:12 PM
im being honest here,i think rp has full control over hibs.....signings,agents,purse strings.

I believe he should let team matters go to manager,and accounts to him.No lines blurred,and manager and players know where they stand

Are you saying that it was just coincidence that Rod suddenly took a fancy to Falkirk or ex-Falkirk players at the exact same time as he appointed Yogi as manager then?

ozwoody
08-10-2010, 01:19 PM
more to the point.... why would anybody name their team after eels??? :bitchy:

You want to see names over here...........eels,broncos,roosters,storm,panther s,tigers,titans,rabbits and dragons!

and you think callie thistle bad!

ozwoody
08-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Are you saying that it was just coincidence that Rod suddenly took a fancy to Falkirk or ex-Falkirk players at the exact same time as he appointed Yogi as manager then?

No Im not,but I think Yogi,and previous managers may have gave a list of 3-4 players,including falkirk ones,and petrie looked at those and thought stokes(sell on) deek(sell on) bamba(sell on) make weight with falkirk,or sub standard players

just my opinion

HFC 0-7
08-10-2010, 01:28 PM

The manager has the control over signings as long as they are passed by the board, but IMO, thats how it should be.

The rest I think has not been in the managers hands after the JC debacle. RP has always had an open door policy for the players, IMO, this causes conflict. It should either be the managers way or out the door. If you give the opportunity for players to moan to someone else it always had the recipe to divide the dressing room etc. Added to this that Petrie done this behind the managers back before and then sided with the players it made the managers job impossible.

The manager should say who gets fined, what training should be used, and if required, which players should be emptied for not adhering to the rules. I think the JC problem will be on a lot of the top managers minds if applying for the Hibs job.

RIP
08-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Every new manager has been offered players his predecessor was after.

And a lot more of others as well

After Collins walked away I'm guessing the manager ended up with some of the targets he wanted.

Rod is the gaffer though - the so called 'manager' at Hibs is just the guy who coaches the team on the park. Compared to (say) Levein's role at the Arabs it appears to me to be more junior

Caversham Green
08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
No Im not,but I think Yogi,and previous managers may have gave a list of 3-4 players,including falkirk ones,and petrie looked at those and thought stokes(sell on) deek(sell on) bamba(sell on) make weight with falkirk,or sub standard players

just my opinion

That's not full control though is it? Do you think if the new manager wants to sign Messi and Ronaldo Rod should just let him get on with it?

ozwoody
08-10-2010, 01:46 PM
That's not full control though is it? Do you think if the new manager wants to sign Messi and Ronaldo Rod should just let him get on with it?

Now Messi would make us all drool!the point i was making with kearney was he knew there was problems at eels with certain players,and the board were interfering in the signing of players for next season and he said he would not take job unless he had full control over playing side,and board had to step aside and back him with his decisions,right or wrong,with no interference

Caversham Green
08-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Now Messi would make us all drool!the point i was making with kearney was he knew there was problems at eels with certain players,and the board were interfering in the signing of players for next season and he said he would not take job unless he had full control over playing side,and board had to step aside and back him with his decisions,right or wrong,with no interference

What I'm saying is that that's not far removed from what's happening at ER within necessary financial constraints. Yogi even seems to be taking credit for all the contracts that are ending this season according to another thread.

MB62
08-10-2010, 02:18 PM
You want to see names over here...........eels,broncos,roosters,storm,panther s,tigers,titans,rabbits and dragons!

and you think callie thistle bad!

The West Tigers club in Campbelltown (Leumeah) was almost a 2nd home for me whilst on holiday there last year. Took in one of their games.

Loved the place :thumbsup:

Beefster
08-10-2010, 04:38 PM

Give me strength....

just my opinion

What did Rodders think when he saw Cregg, Dickoh, Rankin, De Graaf, Nish, Murray, McBride, Miller and Hart on the list?

poolman
08-10-2010, 04:52 PM

:hmmm:

PS, i'm not deaf

Kaiser1962
08-10-2010, 05:25 PM

just my opinion

So why hasnt Rod sold him then and appears to be letting his contract run down?

Franck is God
08-10-2010, 09:03 PM
So why hasnt Rod sold him then and appears to be letting his contract run down?

Because no team has made an offer is the simplest answer.

King Paddy
08-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Do you really mean curtailing the ned culture that seems apparent within our squad.?