PDA

View Full Version : When do we think we'll hear?

Billy Whizz
08-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Hibs will try and get the upmost TV/press coverage when they announce our new Manager. With Scotland playing over the weekend, I would have thought they would make sure that the announcement will be probably after the Spain game, to maximise publicity and to get the fans behind them just before the Killie game.
My money's on Thursday next week.
Any thoughts?

Hibs07p
08-10-2010, 10:52 AM
1st November, start of a new pay month. :greengrin

sunshine1875
08-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Hibs will try and get the upmost TV/press coverage when they announce our new Manager. With Scotland playing over the weekend, I would have thought they would make sure that the announcement will be probably after the Spain game, to maximise publicity and to get the fans behind them just before the Killie game.
Any thoughts?

Unless it is a Laszlo or a Calderwood. Always good to get your bad news out when there is a more worthy news report elsewhere.

Leithenhibby
08-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Any thoughts?

:agree: Just like when JH got the boot, it was the ryder cup....

s.a.m
08-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Maybe they'll not bother, and are planning a 'Have I Got News for You' -style, weekly guest manager thing instead?:dunno:

Brian Blessed would be my first pick.

sesoim
08-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Unless it is a Laszlo or a Calderwood. Always good to get your bad news out when there is a more worthy news report elsewhere.

Yeah, it would be terrible news if we appointed a successful manager.

Danderhall Hibs
08-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Yeah, it would be terrible news if we appointed a successful manager.

Are 5 SPL manager of the moth awards in 10 years a success? That's the best I can find on him.

What else did he do?

HibeeMG
08-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Maybe they'll not bother, and are planning a 'Have I Got News for You' -style, weekly guest manager thing instead?:dunno:

If Anne Widdecombe wasn't doing the dancing thing then we could do worse than letting her have a go!

Danderhall Hibs
08-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Hopefuly Monday - we could do with the new guy getting in and having a few das to work with the squad before Saturday.

Surely they wouldn't have sacked Yogi with no plans on who the new guy would be? Unless it was to make the AGM a bit smoother for them of course.

FranckSuzy
08-10-2010, 07:58 PM

If Anne Widdecombe wasn't doing the dancing thing then we could do worse than letting her have a go!

Na, Boris Johnstone gets my vote :greengrin

HibeeMG
08-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Na, Boris Johnstone gets my vote :greengrin

That's a shout. The post match conferences would be the opposite from Yogi's. You wouldn't have a clue what he'd say and neither would he!

Iggy Pope
08-10-2010, 08:26 PM

Petrie would never let that happen as it would ruin hs reputation.

Anne Widdicombe's chuff is the only thing known to be tighter than him.

Jones28
08-10-2010, 10:14 PM
I think it'll be much longer than we think.

Id rather take 2-3 weeks to find the right person for the job than take the nearest SPL journeyman

KeithTheHibby
10-10-2010, 08:44 AM
I think so and will even go so far to say it shall be tomorrow giving the new guy a weeks training under his belt and a good opportunity to see who the slackers are for himself.

That new guy shall be Steve Clarke.:wink:

Golden Bear
10-10-2010, 08:45 AM
I think so and will even go so far to say it shall be tomorrow giving the new guy a weeks training under his belt and a good opportunity to see who the slackers are for himself.

That new guy shall be Steve Clarke.:wink:

I hope you're right but i've got a feeling an announcement is still some way off.

bigstu
10-10-2010, 08:47 AM
are you in the know or just getting us excited for the sake of it?

PaulSmith
10-10-2010, 09:00 AM
are you in the know or just getting us excited for the sake of it?

The latter me thinks.

Hibbyradge
10-10-2010, 09:10 AM
The latter me thinks.

:agree:

The hibs board is tighter than a duck's bahooky when it comes to business information.

My guess is that the process will be completed in the coming week, but an announcement won't be made until after the Killie game, during which it should be fun scouring the Main stand for clues. :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
10-10-2010, 09:19 AM
I hope SC is announced in the morning, not really fancying the rest of the candidates, wouldn't be upset with Micheal O'Neil but he's not got SC's pedigree I don't think.

I still think it may yet be Ruud Gullit though:greengrin

Scorrie
10-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Scotland on Sunday today saying that it may be a while before an annoncement and that Gareth Evans will be in charge v Killie. SoS also seem to be hinting that Derek McInnes may be the favourite but this could be journo speak for huvnae a clue...

ronaldo7
10-10-2010, 09:30 AM
He might just turn up at the Scotland U21 game on Monday night:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
10-10-2010, 09:33 AM
He might just turn up at the Scotland U21 game on Monday night:greengrin

Better no be that cant levein:grr: :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
10-10-2010, 10:00 AM
FFS I cannae take it anymore. OK, I'll put you all out of your misery...

Its ME! :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
10-10-2010, 10:03 AM
ffs i cannae take it anymore. Ok, i'll put you all out of your misery...

Its me! :greengrin

boooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!