PDA

View Full Version : Fave Alcoholic Drink?

hibee92
08-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Mines would be a nice G&T, although a sloe gin and lemonade goes down nicely :agree:

Cannae beat a pint though! Tennents being the fave (forgive me for the ugly sisters sponser funding :wink:)

What say ye dug-out?

Calvin
08-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Desperados.

Or Ursus Roter but it is impossible to get here.

Pretty Boy
08-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Depends on the occasion for me.

Night out with the boys - pints of Tennents or bottles of Peroni before moving on to Morgans and Coke later on.

Quick pint or 2- Pint of Deuchars IPA.

Golf club on a Saturday- Pint of Best and a Highland Park or Bowmore.

Out for a meal- Red wine preferaly Merlot.

Few in the house- Usually a beer but will normally try something that isn't my usual, see what the shops have available.

So to cut a long story short i don't really have a favourite drink, it depends on the environment and my mood.

HibeeB
08-10-2010, 11:55 AM
If I walk into a pub and see this I'm in heaven...........

>>Pic<< (http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2dvFXSf1AS1hjDYsaZhuqbRq0nF3dJ YXMMMxTmZH7JRz-uKQ&t=1&usg=__8cg8_DNngY5-_ZJdq6CvWkhBFpY=)

Is there no way to insert an actual pic :confused:

JE89
08-10-2010, 01:56 PM
JD and coke please...

Giant_Midget
08-10-2010, 02:08 PM
JD and coke (no ice) is my favourite tipple - but gets me too drunk!

Love a Glenmorangie.

Mainly just stick to pints of lager (ice cold bottoms...no slaggin, I get enough of it in the boozer)!

deeks01
08-10-2010, 02:19 PM
preferably bottles of san miguel or an ice cold pint of belhaven , movin onto morgans and coke with plenty ice :greengrin:

however at a house party ye canny beat a bottle of buckfast followed by shots of some kind (apple sourz , tequila being favourites!) :greengrin:

now whos going to be first to call me a ned because of the buckfast? :rolleyes: :faf:

Giant_Midget
08-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Ned!!!

hibee92
08-10-2010, 03:33 PM
preferably bottles of san miguel or an ice cold pint of belhaven , movin onto morgans and coke with plenty ice :greengrin:

however at a house party ye canny beat a bottle of buckfast followed by shots of some kind (apple sourz , tequila being favourites!) :greengrin:

now whos going to be first to call me a ned because of the buckfast? :rolleyes: :faf:

the guy above me

i'll go second

NED!!! :greengrin

HibbyAndy
08-10-2010, 04:01 PM

>>Pic<< (http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2dvFXSf1AS1hjDYsaZhuqbRq0nF3dJ YXMMMxTmZH7JRz-uKQ&t=1&usg=__8cg8_DNngY5-_ZJdq6CvWkhBFpY=)

:hmmm:

Wembley67
08-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Depends on the occasion for me.

Night out with the boys - pints of Tennents or bottles of Peroni before moving on to Morgans and Coke later on.

Quick pint or 2- Pint of Deuchars IPA.

Golf club on a Saturday- Pint of Best and a Highland Park or Bowmore.

Out for a meal- Red wine preferaly Merlot.

Few in the house- Usually a beer but will normally try something that isn't my usual, see what the shops have available.

So to cut a long story short i don't really have a favourite drink, it depends on the environment and my mood.

I would call it being a proper alkie and drinking whatever you can get your hands on...stay away from under the sink :greengrin

PiemanP
08-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Morgans and coke...heaven!

Leicester Fan
08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Mines would be a nice G&T, although a sloe gin and lemonade goes down nicely :agree:

What say ye dug-out?

I'd say I've over estimated the manliness of Scots men.

DH1875
08-10-2010, 06:39 PM
On a night out you can't beat a good mojito but they are hard to find. Even bars that advertise them inevitably come back with the line " we've ran out of mint" so I normally end up just getting a Cuba Libre. As for shots you cant beat Jagerbombs.

Nowt wrong with Buckfast. Used to drink it a lot as a kid and even now if we got a mid-week game a wee half bottle warms me up nicely before kick-off.

Calvin
08-10-2010, 11:17 PM
On a night out you can't beat a good mojito but they are hard to find. Even bars that advertise them inevitably come back with the line " we've ran out of mint" so I normally end up just getting a Cuba Libre. As for shots you cant beat Jagerbombs.

Nowt wrong with Buckfast. Used to drink it a lot as a kid and even now if we got a mid-week game a wee half bottle warms me up nicely before kick-off.

A mojito is my favourite cocktail. I make quite a mean one myself so am invariably disappointed when I get one at a bar/club. Speaking of cocktails, has anyone ever been to Bramble?

I've tasted Buckfast once in my life, in for form of 'Bucky Bombs' at Studio 24. I thought it was actually pretty nice.

Ally
09-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Pint of lager.

Lucius Apuleius
09-10-2010, 06:41 AM
Guinness, end of!

Have been known to have a G&T with liberal squeezes of lime or a nice slice of cucumber if it is Hendricks. Copious bottles of wine, preferable Bordeaux or Languedocs. Now also heading towards a wee whisky now and then with Laphroaig being the current favourite.

erin-go-bragh87
09-10-2010, 11:49 AM
My favourite cocktail is a Long Island Iced Tea. I love Remy Martin Cognac but its quite expensive in bars that you can find the good stuff in so I usually only get to drink it around xmas time when I get a bottle from my uncle as a gift! He got me a bottle of the Remy Martin XO Excellence last year but I havent opened it yet. Thats getting kept for a realy special occassion!!

.Sean.
09-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Depends...

If i'm having a couple in the house, probablt bottles of Bud or Miller.

Pub with the boys for the football on a Sunday, pints of Strongbow or bottles of Bud.

Friday/Saturdat night - Out to get absolutely blitzed, so i'll start with a pint or two, then move on to Gin and Lemonade (ice and a slice :cool2:) and Vodka/Blackcurrant/Lemonade. Head up town and as nobody drinks pints in a club, i'll probably be on the poof juice.

Betty Boop
09-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Not really a drinker, but on occasion I am partial to a wee Baileys with ice, or a pear cider. :greengrin

HibeeB
11-10-2010, 08:23 AM
:hmmm:

calumhibee1
11-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Peroni.:agree:

poolman
11-10-2010, 11:39 AM
I dont get this bottled beer stuff like Peroni, Bud and the likes :bitchy:

Three and a half quid, couple o swalleys and its gone :bitchy:

Nice pint o Deuchars for me and once i'm bagged up it's whisky and soda :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
13-10-2010, 08:57 PM

:agree: :agree:

Absolutely hundreds of different ales down here. A pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord please!!!

Gin and tonic later on to avoid getting uber-bloated and getting a hangover, but pints of real ale (pretty open minded re: which one) first and foremost.

Baw Baggio
13-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Pint of Staropramen or a rum and coke/ginger ale :drunk:

12AlbionPlace
14-10-2010, 12:27 PM

End of:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Usually Strongbow, although Orkney Dark Island goes down nicely now and again.

Hibs90
14-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Tennents, Vodka, Southern Comfort, Sailor Jerrys etc...Although I am partial to the odd VK.

Mixu62
16-10-2010, 02:44 AM
Coming up for summer here so been enjoying a few pinot gris'.

If I'm in a beer mood, I also like a Peroni, or Asahi. Can occasionally get hold of some Deuchars IPA here and I still love it.

Steve20
16-10-2010, 04:28 AM
Pint of Guinness is the best.

If I am on lager, my favourite is Fosters. However as my local doesn't have that, I usually drink Tennents.

Spirits? Either a vodka/diet coke or a rum/coke.

GhostofBolivar
16-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Cannae beat a nice tequila, but it's not something I drink often.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Got involved with absinth once too often in Prague last week. messy stuff!

Mixu62
17-10-2010, 11:53 PM
A relatively recent discovery for me it Woodforrd Reserve Bourbon and coke. Bourbon is very popular over here, and this one would seem to be top of the range. So smooth it makes Jim Beam taste like petrol.

hibee92
21-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Depends...

If i'm having a couple in the house, probablt bottles of Bud or Miller.

Pub with the boys for the football on a Sunday, pints of Strongbow or bottles of Bud.

Friday/Saturdat night - Out to get absolutely blitzed, so i'll start with a pint or two, then move on to Gin and Lemonade (ice and a slice :cool2:) and Vodka/Blackcurrant/Lemonade. Head up town and as nobody drinks pints in a club, i'll probably be on the poof juice.

you'd be surprised at how many barstaff have looked at me in utter confusion when i ask for a G&T ice and a slice! :grr:

ronaldo7
21-10-2010, 08:17 PM
A cold pint of Jaipur 5.9% acl. Staggs, Musselburgh.

Lovely

HibeeMcGinn1
22-10-2010, 06:39 AM

Cannae beat a pint though! Tennents being the fave (forgive me for the ugly sisters sponser funding :wink:)

What say ye dug-out?

:faf:

Mines would be a nice cold bottle of bud. Or in the summer a nice wee cider (kopaberg). If im on the horses whips it would be vodka and coke.

gringojoe
22-10-2010, 10:01 PM
McEwans Export and Whyte and Mackay with a packet of salted peanuts on the side.

Ross4356
27-10-2010, 04:02 PM
White Russian absolutely beautiful and gets you well pissed

seanraff07
27-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Bud, Fosters, Apple Sourz

HIBEES 4 LIFE
28-10-2010, 08:05 AM
A mojito is my favourite cocktail. I make quite a mean one myself so am invariably disappointed when I get one at a bar/club. Speaking of cocktails, has anyone ever been to Bramble?
I've tasted Buckfast once in my life, in for form of 'Bucky Bombs' at Studio 24. I thought it was actually pretty nice.

Yeah been a few times with the Missus, quality wee place.......but a tad pricey!!!

Dinkydoo
29-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Lager/Beer: John Smiths, Desperados, Bud, Fosters

Spirits: Jack Daniels (either on the rocks or with coke), Vodka (normal and Lime) with coke; if it's Lime then sometimes straight.

Cannae beat a nice tequila, but it's not something I drink often.

You should give Desperados a try, very nice lager made with Tequilla although at 5.9% a bottle, it's quite heavy going. :greengrin