PDA

View Full Version : "they have a lot of good young players and play exciting, attacking football"

The Green Goblin
07-10-2010, 08:58 PM
It seems that every two-bit potential next manager quoted in an interview or pundit who doesn`t normally cover the SPL always comes out with this quote or something very close to it. I see it everywhere, on websites, in newspapers, or hear it countless times in radio interviews...

But is it really true any more? For a while there under Mowbray there may have been some truth in it, but it`s been a long time since this was the way things were at Hibs, so why do people keep trotting it out time and time again?

Do we still think of ourselves this way? And if so, is it time to wake up to reality and re-think this old chestnut and our priorities as fans?

GG

Vini1875
07-10-2010, 09:02 PM
I think yes we do have good young players. Do we play exciting, attacking football? No not for a while anyway, but I don't think it would so hard to get us playing that way again.

Purple & Green
07-10-2010, 09:05 PM
We had around 12 players from our youth set up in 2007 playing in our first team - this season so far we have 3.

SMAXXA
07-10-2010, 09:16 PM
It seems that every two-bit potential next manager quoted in an interview or pundit who doesn`t normally cover the SPL always comes out with this quote or something very close to it. I see it everywhere, on websites, in newspapers, or hear it countless times in radio interviews...

But is it really true any more? For a while there under Mowbray there may have been some truth in it, but it`s been a long time since this was the way things were at Hibs, so why do people keep trotting it out time and time again?

Do we still think of ourselves this way? And if so, is it time to wake up to reality and re-think this old chestnut and our priorities as fans?

GG

I think its a really good point, personally I think its people talking about the Hibs of previous seasons, if they were to look at what we currently have I think its wide of the mark. Not even close to the young players of past, at the moment that is, not saying there aint young guys that are yet to get their 1st team chance that couldnt be as good but on the basis we only really have Spoony and Hanlon I dont see where this can be true. All be it the lads on loan seem to be doing well Kurtis especially, but exciting attacking football, not for me.

What id give to be able to go back to the days when we were a joy to watch, mind with more wins than not, wouldnt take it if we were geting humped every week :wink:

Arch Stanton
07-10-2010, 09:18 PM
The other oft-quoted tripe I hate hearing is that Hibs are a big club. We're not, and any manager who comes into the club with that mentality is going to get it wrong and I hate the idea of that mistake continually being repeated.

Playing it small and trying to aim higher seems a much better plan to me - Mowbray managed to put a decent team together without shipping in players from here, there and everywhere.

SMAXXA
07-10-2010, 09:30 PM
The other oft-quoted tripe I hate hearing is that Hibs are a big club. We're not, and any manager who comes into the club with that mentality is going to get it wrong and I hate the idea of that mistake continually being repeated.

Playing it small and trying to aim higher seems a much better plan to me - Mowbray managed to put a decent team together without shipping in players from here, there and everywhere.

Always cringe when im working down south and people ask why Rangers and Celtic can get 50-60k at the games and Hibs only get 10k for being a capital city club :confused:

Alfred E Newman
07-10-2010, 09:32 PM
I think our youth policy went out the window when Yogi took over. Hopefully the new man will rectify that.

PISTOL1875
07-10-2010, 09:34 PM
I think our youth policy went out the window when Yogi took over. Hopefully the new man will rectify that.

The youth policy went out the window when the SPL disbanded the reserve league...

Purple & Green
07-10-2010, 09:34 PM

Mowbray brought in ten players in his first season.

Purple & Green
07-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Mowbray brought in ten players in his first season.

And he brought in another eight in his second.

Purple & Green
07-10-2010, 09:39 PM
The youth policy went out the window when the SPL disbanded the reserve league...

I think it's effect is overstated - many of the 'golden generation' were playing in the first team at seventeen.

SMAXXA
07-10-2010, 09:39 PM

This the same guy that gave Sponny his chance and sent numerous youngsters out on loan to gain experience as most youngsters need playing in a lower division? Didnt do Kenny Miller much harm :confused:

Purple & Green
07-10-2010, 09:45 PM
This the same guy that gave Sponny his chance

How many hibs youngsters got their debuts in yogis last Fifty three games in charge?

NAE NOOKIE
07-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Hibs are a big club in Scottish terms.

In order to reach our realistic potential a manager along with the board need to get between 14 and 16 thousand through the gates every week.

As for conveyor belts of young players. Its a crock, not even Man Utd or Liverpool or celtic or Dundee Utd or any other club with a reputation for bringing on young talent has managed to do it wholesale over a couple of seasons on more than one or two occasions in the last 30 years.

Two good first teamers per season is pretty good going for any club.

alex74
07-10-2010, 09:52 PM
This the same guy that gave Sponny his chance and sent numerous youngsters out on loan to gain experience as most youngsters need playing in a lower division? Didnt do Kenny Miller much harm :confused:i he played spooney at left midfield and hanlon at leftback that has surely held them back

SMAXXA
07-10-2010, 09:52 PM
How many hibs youngsters got their debuts in yogis last Fifty three games in charge?

I can see what your saying to an extent but do you bring players through just for the sake of it or as far as I believe they must be deemed to be good enough? I fdont think you or me know if they are goed enough, surley a guy seeing them every day is better to judge no???? Be that Yogi or any other manager

SMAXXA
07-10-2010, 10:07 PM
i he played spooney at left midfield and hanlon at leftback that has surely held them back

Do you think Hanlons good enough to be 1 your 2 centre half's week in week out? Not for me, dont get me wrong I rate him but just not as a regular at the moment. Also whats wrong with developing a player by playing him a different position? Believe it works well enough for the dutch?

Purple & Green
07-10-2010, 10:20 PM
I can see what your saying to an extent but do you bring players through just for the sake of it or as far as I believe they must be deemed to be good enough? I fdont think you or me know if they are goed enough, surley a guy seeing them every day is better to judge no???? Be that Yogi or any other manager

The under 19s did the double in 2009, and yet yogi promoted how many? Do you honestly believe that there weren't players that were worthy of a chance?

alex74
07-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Do you think Hanlons good enough to be 1 your 2 centre half's week in week out? Not for me, dont get me wrong I rate him but just not as a regular at the moment. Also whats wrong with developing a player by playing him a different position? Believe it works well enough for the dutch?maybe your right about hanlon bein ready for centrehalf in the 1st team yet but at leftback he will be found out and thats no goin to do his confidence any good if they want to play players in different positions they should be doing it at youth level not when they break into the 1st team

Manxhibs
07-10-2010, 10:26 PM
I think you will hopefully see with the new boss an onus on bringing youth through, as we have to, we cant afford to keep bringing in journeyman on one year contracts and hoping they will fill a gap. The 2007 cup win came about largely because we gave youth a chance, lets try again. GGTTH

Jones28
07-10-2010, 10:36 PM
This the same guy that gave Sponny his chance and sent numerous youngsters out on loan to gain experience as most youngsters need playing in a lower division? Didnt do Kenny Miller much harm :confused:

...or Riordan, O'connor or any of Hibs' other young players :agree:

Arch Stanton
07-10-2010, 10:37 PM
And he brought in another eight in his second.

If Hibs never had a turnover of players they would be in a shocking state. Since I didn't say he didn't bring in any players your post doesn't make sense.

How many of those 18 became first team players in Mowbray's second year?

More than 11?

Less than 11?

It would be more interesting to hear those numbers.

IWasThere2016
07-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Correct Manx - we'd homegrown in McNeil, Whitty, Broon, Lewis, Fletch and (less so) McCann that day and the acquired set of Murph, Hogg, Benji and Zooma (all young men 'raised' by Hibs also)

And IIRC we were top of the SPL 3 years ago - which is the last time we played some decent football (under JC) - with a totally controlled pass/retention game at Ibrox and Murph scored for a 1-0 win. Since then Mixu and Yogi served up utter dross IMHO.

We have to get back to yoof and better football - why not Booth, Byrne, Hanlon etc before Grounds, Nish, Hogg???

Manxhibs
07-10-2010, 10:48 PM
What frustrates me is that Yogi is a hibs man through and through and yet he overlooked that historically we have produced home grown players, its like he was so scared of failure that he couldnt trust the youth players and instead brought supposed more experienced players. Admittedly miller and stokes were very good signings but the rest havent been up to too much so far.

Arch Stanton
07-10-2010, 10:53 PM
What frustrates me is that Yogi is a hibs man through and through and yet he overlooked that historically we have produced home grown players, its like he was so scared of failure that he couldnt trust the youth players and instead brought supposed more experienced players. Admittedly miller and stokes were very good signings but the rest havent been up to too much so far.

Most posters on hibs.net overlook that too. The constant clarion call is for more players to be brought in during the next transfer window.

SMAXXA
08-10-2010, 08:21 AM
maybe your right about hanlon bein ready for centrehalf in the 1st team yet but at leftback he will be found out and thats no goin to do his confidence any good if they want to play players in different positions they should be doing it at youth level not when they break into the 1st team

That is a fair a point and I agree, but to be fair if Hughes rated him that much and wants to develop him he must feel he could do a job at left back, and to be fair I would say the majority times he has played there he has done ok not brilliant but ok. He has been found wanting at centre half on occasion also (Hearts 2-1 ER last season), culpable for one of the goals, but for me thats just part and parcel what you get with young guys being asked to play pretty much every week. I for one would certainly not rip into them, as youngsters sometimes the mistakes are the best thing for their develpoment long term. IMO of course :greengrin

Andy74
08-10-2010, 09:53 AM
maybe your right about hanlon bein ready for centrehalf in the 1st team yet but at leftback he will be found out and thats no goin to do his confidence any good if they want to play players in different positions they should be doing it at youth level not when they break into the 1st team

Wotherspoon played left midfield for the under 19s.

Saying he held him back is a joke, he played almost every game for Hughes and talked about how gutted he was that his mentor had been sacked.

Andy74
08-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Correct Manx - we'd homegrown in McNeil, Whitty, Broon, Lewis, Fletch and (less so) McCann that day and the acquired set of Murph, Hogg, Benji and Zooma (all young men 'raised' by Hibs also)

And IIRC we were top of the SPL 3 years ago - which is the last time we played some decent football (under JC) - with a totally controlled pass/retention game at Ibrox and Murph scored for a 1-0 win. Since then Mixu and Yogi served up utter dross IMHO.

We have to get back to yoof and better football - why not Booth, Byrne, Hanlon etc before Grounds, Nish, Hogg???

Maybe due to Hibs fans wanting results and wanting them now?

He wanted to bring in better players with more experience and a tougher mentality. It might not have worked out exactly like that but it was the plan.

Why on earth would we just play young players for the sake of game time when they are not ready? You are one who keeps talking about results and getting to some next level - we are here to try and win football games.

Part/Time Supporter
08-10-2010, 10:01 AM

What happened after that game?

One Day Soon
08-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Always cringe when im working down south and people ask why Rangers and Celtic can get 50-60k at the games and Hibs only get 10k for being a capital city club :confused:

Do you explain to them that the fan base for the two Glasgow clubs is Scotland wide and also extends into Ireland and that the reason for this is that they are rooted in a poisonous, bigoted sectarian history. A history which the two clubs have been very comfortable with because it provides them with a nice fat revenue stream and means they can draw support way beyond what they would otherwise achieve.

Do you also explain to them that this sickness has a directly crippling effect on Scottish football because it means the other geographically based clubs cannot reach their full potential while these two blood suckers profit from this grotesque situation? They have the entire set up to their own preference - from TV revenues through to gate receipts - and it is a vampire on the neck of our game.

This lack of competition is what reinforces the incapacity of Scottish football to sustain a properly competitive league which would raise the overall quality of the game and of our players, which would in turn raise our ability to compete in Europe and internationally. It is the elephant in the room of Scottish football and is so much a part of the scenery that commentators and journalists barely notice it yet alone discuss it.

Sir David Gray
08-10-2010, 10:47 AM
It's a lazy cliche trotted out time and time again by poor journalists and pundits who have clearly barely watched Hibs over the past three years or so.

We have not played football that could be thought of as being exciting, attractive, fast flowing or any of that nonsense for a very long time. In fact if you were to describe the football that has been served up, pretty much ever since the League Cup win in March '07, you would be using words that could not be any further removed from those adjectives if you tried.

If our new manager starts off with the stated aim of keeping to the so called "Hibs tradition" of playing "sexy football" then fine but it has to be effective. First and foremost, I just want to see winning football. I am sick and tired of watching a Hibs team that seems to be every other side's favourite opposition, due to our soft centre and ineffective use of the ball. We need to toughen up, we need to be able to get stuck in and be prepared to get our hands dirty and match up to the St Mirrens and Hamiltons of this world.

When possible, of course you'd like to see us playing some nice football, it is supposed to be a form of entertainment after all but you must have a bit of savvy about you and know when to play like that and when to do the "ugly" side of the game.

There is a time and place for both styles in the game.

Phil D. Rolls
08-10-2010, 11:16 AM
It's a lazy cliche trotted out time and time again by poor journalists and pundits who have clearly barely watched Hibs over the past three years or so.

We have not played football that could be thought of as being exciting, attractive, fast flowing or any of that nonsense for a very long time. In fact if you were to describe the football that has been served up, pretty much ever since the League Cup win in March '07, you would be using words that could not be any further removed from those adjectives if you tried.

If our new manager starts off with the stated aim of keeping to the so called "Hibs tradition" of playing "sexy football" then fine but it has to be effective. First and foremost, I just want to see winning football. I am sick and tired of watching a Hibs team that seems to be every other side's favourite opposition, due to our soft centre and ineffective use of the ball. We need to toughen up, we need to be able to get stuck in and be prepared to get our hands dirty and match up to the St Mirrens and Hamiltons of this world.

When possible, of course you'd like to see us playing some nice football, it is supposed to be a form of entertainment after all but you must have a bit of savvy about you and know when to play like that and when to do the "ugly" side of the game.

Good points, but can I just say, when we were playing football teams like that were no match for us.

If you move the ball well enough, the cloggers can't get near you.

alex74
08-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Wotherspoon played left midfield for the under 19s.

Saying he held him back is a joke, he played almost every game for Hughes and talked about how gutted he was that his mentor had been sacked.all players say that
when the boss gets sacked

Cropley10
08-10-2010, 01:50 PM

1? David Wotherspoon....?

Whatever anyone wants to argue - Yogi was not big on promoting youth. And he had to play the goalie didn't he after he dumped big Maka...?

Sas_The_Hibby
08-10-2010, 02:04 PM

Exactly what I was going to say - though not in so many words! :wink::greengrin

Particularly agree with the bit about toughening up.

Personally I don't want to hear a new manager trot out the usual mantra of "playing the Hibs way" - IMO it's a meaningless attempt to pander to our own misconceived romanticism and I'd rather hear something more realistic.

SMAXXA
08-10-2010, 02:18 PM
1? David Wotherspoon....?

Whatever anyone wants to argue - Yogi was not big on promoting youth. And he had to play the goalie didn't he after he dumped big Maka...?

Is there a genral concensis that you must promote youth just for the sake of it? How do you know the current youth are good enough at present? You also have to have youths playing in the positions you are lacking strength, i.e Kurtis when we had Deeks, Nish & Stokes, what would that do to his development should all be fit and still here, he wouldnt get a sniff? Defensivly he already brought Hanlon in, another youth beside him would be too dodgy in my opinon unless exceptional. Midfield I would say could be a fair point tho, cant go wrong with giving the odd youngster a run out every now and again as we have some average midfielders IMO, but again they have to be deemed potentially good enough. :agree:

IWasThere2016
08-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Andy - I reckon Hanlon, Byrne etc are better than Rankin, Nish etc - how exactly did the young players contirbute to the WORST home run in our 135 year history? :dunno:

SMAXXA
08-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Andy - I reckon Hanlon, Byrne etc are better than Rankin, Nish etc - how exactly did the young players contirbute to the WORST home run in our 135 year history? :dunno:

Not sure you can compare Hanlon to either Rankin or Nish possibly Bamba, Murray, Hogg etc, even with Byrne, he could potentially be better than Nish but at the start of the season I would find it hard to see where he would have got a chance thus hampering his developement. Im with you tho dont rate either Ranks or Nish much at all, but not getting into another Nish debate :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2010, 03:30 PM

How could you possibly know?

Jim44
08-10-2010, 03:34 PM
"they have a lot of good young players and play exciting, attacking football"

Any potential candidate who uses that description of Hibs should be automatically disqualified from the process for a lack of up to date knowledge of the team.

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2010, 03:35 PM

Any potential candidate who uses that description of Hibs should be automatically disqualified from the process for a lack of up to date knowledge of the team.

:agree: They are talking pish, and have no idea on what we have at the club.

IWasThere2016
08-10-2010, 04:45 PM
You're right Blackpool :faf:

I was only 'plotting' as always! Cannae wait for ma new 'victim' :greengrin

I do wish the Board would get a move on :faf:

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2010, 04:57 PM
You're right Blackpool :faf:

I was only 'plotting' as always! Cannae wait for ma new 'victim' :greengrin

I do wish the Board would get a move on :faf:

You reckon Byrne is better than Nish, what do you base that on, his 20 minutes against St Mirren 1st game of last season? :faf: Hanlon and Rankin, 2 very different players who play different positions????????? Or is it your in depth knowledge of the under 19s? :faf::faf::faf:

HibsMax
08-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I think its a really good point, personally I think its people talking about the Hibs of previous seasons, if they were to look at what we currently have I think its wide of the mark.
:agree:

IWasThere2016
08-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Nah, I reckon Nish is dross. Byrne is mobile - and according to reports doing well at EFFC. Although tbf that's probably Nishy's level :greengrin

Hanlon - without seeing Dickoh - is IMHO our best footballing CH.

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Nah, I reckon Nish is dross. Byrne is mobile - and according to reports doing well at EFFC. Although tbf that's probably Nishy's level :greengrin

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

IWasThere2016
08-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Cannae understand the hilarity BH - you watching yer montage of Yogi's interviews :faf:

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Cannae understand the hilarity BH - you watching yer montage of Yogi's interviews :faf:

At least i saw the montage is person, you read it in the papers. You never answered the original question? How on earth can you possibly know who's good or bad in the 19s, or even in the 1st team?

IWasThere2016
08-10-2010, 05:33 PM
:faf:

Who mentioned the 19s? I mentioned first team squad players in Hanlon and Byrne?

They must be pish right enough if Yogi stuck by the others who produced the WORST ever home form in 135 years? Masterful Yogi - nae subs at Perth? Like for like changes at a humping there last year! He's a fine judge - De Graaf anyone?

Alfred E Newman
08-10-2010, 05:36 PM

The point is we don`t know if Byrne is any good, he has never had a chance.
Hanlon had already been given his chance by Mixu and Yogi promoted Wotherspoon from the successfull under 19 team. Since then none in almost a year and a half under Yogi. I don`t call that having a youth policy.

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2010, 05:41 PM
:faf:

Who mentioned the 19s? I mentioned first team squad players in Hanlon and Byrne?

They must be pish right enough if Yogi stuck by the others who produced the WORST ever home form in 135 years? Masterful Yogi - nae subs at Perth? Like for like changes at a humping there last year! He's a fine judge - De Graaf anyone?

Tell me where you have watched Byrne play? How many times have you seen him? Byrne is on loan in case you missed it, he's not in our first team squad. Hanlon has played many times this season, although again you will have missed that, and that works on more than one level.

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Hanlon had already been given his chance by Mixu and Yogi promoted Wotherspoon from the successfull under 19 team. Since then none in almost a year and a half under Yogi. I don`t call that having a youth policy.

He's getting a chance now, and hopefully will come back good enough. If he was good enough he'd have been given a chance i'd have thought?

IWasThere2016
08-10-2010, 05:54 PM
That is the point MB. Why when we went months of poor performances/results were other players not given a chance/run in the side? It would have been difficult to do much worse sadly.

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
That is the point MB. Why when we went months of poor performances/results were other players not given a chance/run in the side? It would have been difficult to do much worse sadly.

Yes you are right, i'm off out now to watch the match. I dont think potters picked the right team. He should have picked the kids, i know nowt about them, but they surely cant do any worse than this lot. :faf:

SMAXXA
08-10-2010, 05:58 PM
He's getting a chance now, and hopefully will come back good enough. If he was good enough he'd have been given a chance i'd have thought?

:top marksI agree, not so sure its that Yogi didnt think he was good enough, probably more that he wuldnt have featured enough to give him the developement that a young lad like him needs, regular competative games.

We could go one better, if these young lads out on loan come back and are the next generation, are we all going to give Yogi the credit for managing our young players perfectly hmmm :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
08-10-2010, 07:29 PM

I can`t comment on Byrnes` ability but Yogi obviously didn`t think he was good enough and didn`t think any of the other youth players were good enough either which makes a mockery of our reputation for producing good young players.
The state of the art facilities at East Mains were supposed to attract the best young talent in the country and I would have expected more than just the struggling Wotherspoon and Hanlon to have broken through in the last couple of years.
Either our youth and scouting set up is wrong or Yogi just didn`t believe in blooding young players.

SMAXXA
08-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Am I alone in thinking that not only did he give Spoony his chance if anything he was guilty of probably overplaying him, this hungry young lad that first came in seems a shadow of his former self?

The Green Goblin
08-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Some interesting stuff on the thread, now that a couple of days have passed. I was curious to see if anyone believed that old horsewallop about the headline quote of the thread and it seems that no-one does, which I`m kind of glad of.

I would also like to see us not just stop falling back on that saying, but trying to figure out who we are and what we want to see.

I agree with the posters who said that it`s time we had a side which wants to win and that anyone who is coming out with the tired old p!sh about exciting young players and attacking sexy football more than likely doesn`t have a clue what they are talking about.

So, that`s Nevio Scala out of the reckoning then.... :greengrin

GG

alex74
08-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Am I alone in thinking that not only did he give Spoony his chance if anything he was guilty of probably overplaying him, this hungry young lad that first came in seems a shadow of his former self?maybe playing him out of position

IWasThere2016
08-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Blackpool - like the Hibs, I think the biggest issue with Scotland might be the balloon picking the team/tactics :wink:

I recall you justifying Yogi's existence and the need for patience because it'd taken Levein 3 years to get it right at Tanna .. Thankfully Yogi got no more than 15 months but should Levein get 3 years with Scotland?

We'll soon see if it was Yogi and his 'tactics' or Yogi and the players :wink:

leithsansiro
08-10-2010, 10:35 PM

sounds much more appealing than

"they have a couple of decent young players and play half-arsed, lazy football"

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Blackpool - like the Hibs, I think the biggest issue with Scotland might be the balloon picking the team/tactics :wink:

I recall you justifying Yogi's existence and the need for patience because it'd taken Levein 3 years to get it right at Tanna .. Thankfully Yogi got no more than 15 months but should Levein get 3 years with Scotland?

We'll soon see if it was Yogi and his 'tactics' or Yogi and the players :wink:

And thats got what to do with you thinking Byrne is a better player than Nish, when you could only have seen him play for Hibs once, and 20 odd minutes at that?:confused:

IWasThere2016
09-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Oh dear. As well as posts above, the point is the young boys should have been given a chance.

The manager was stubborn, and poor. The results - recording breaking in the worst ever - the performances, the football were ganting. I saw enough of Nish, Rankin - even the 'big' summer signing De Graaf - etc to ask why younger players were not given a chance.

Yogi persevered with the same faces, the same system too often - and it rightly earned him the sack.

We lacked pace (an attribute available to most young players save Grounds - less mobile than Hanlon). We lacked width (Galbraith played recently more occasions at LB than LM/LW). We lacked striking options - we've signed an unfit player while Byrne is on loan and scoring. We were leaking silly goals - he waited weeks to play Broon.

I am questioning the ex-manager's judgement - I am allowed to do so.

I've watched Hibs this season, last season in person. There's SKY/ESPN - our first SPL games we live - there's Sportscene, the press, the wireless, .net etc. It is not difficult to guage a view/opinion. I'm not alone in my views - many on here saying the same, pundits on the wireless questioning our performances/results/tactics etc.

Feel free to post a faf smilie and have a personal go at me again but there was IMHO a case for trying some of the younger boys giving just how bad we'd been for months. The worst ever at ER remember.

I'll be at two of the next three games, I won't dare ask posters if they were there, how often they go etc. Given there is extension coverage and one of the games is live on the TV (arguably a better vantage point than being at the game anyway).

It is about opinions and like I say mine are formed by various means listed above.

The fact is your attacks on fellow posters on here are tantamount to bullying. When you clearly know little about the game or the posters themselves.

3pm
09-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Oh dear. As well as posts above, the point is the young boys should have been given a chance.

The manager was stubborn, and poor. The results - recording breaking in the worst ever - the performances, the football were ganting. I saw enough of Nish, Rankin - even the 'big' summer signing De Graaf - etc to ask why younger players were not given a chance.

Yogi persevered with the same faces, the same system too often - and it rightly earned him the sack.

We lacked pace (an attribute available to most young players save Grounds - less mobile than Hanlon). We lacked width (Galbraith played recently more occasions at LB than LM/LW). We lacked striking options - we've signed an unfit player while Byrne is on loan and scoring. We were leaking silly goals - he waited weeks to play Broon.

I've watched Hibs this season, last season in person. There's SKY/ESPN - our first SPL games we live - there's Sportscene, the press, the wireless, .net etc. It is not difficult to guage a view/opinion. I'm not alone in my views - many on here saying the same, pundits on the wireless questioning our performances/results/tactics etc.

Feel free to post a faf smilie and have a personal go at me again but there was IMHO a case for trying some of the younger boys giving just how bad we'd been for months. The worst ever at ER remember.

I'll be at two of the next three games, I won't dare ask posters if they were there, how often they go etc. Given there is extension coverage and one of the games is live on the TV (arguably a better vantage point than being at the game anyway).

It is about opinions and like I say mine are formed by various means listed above.

The fact is your attacks on fellow posters on here are tantamount to bullying. When you clearly know little about the game or the posters themselves.

TQM - personally not bothered how many how games you go to. However, I personally don't think Byrne will the solution at ER! Opinions as you say though! :agree:

IWasThere2016
09-10-2010, 08:00 AM
3pm - noted, I don't think Nish is the solution. As for Byrne - as with others - never given a chance .. IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 10:02 AM

Bullying my erse. You want someone to play who you have never seen play, just because its not Nish, now thats funny.:faf: Tell me again what you base your opinion on Byrne? Do you watch much of him? I'm really interested, as apart from those who watched the 19s how could you have any opinion on him apart from a 20 minute subs appearance over a season ago?

I understand if someone wanted Hogg or Dickoh to play instead of Bamba, at least they have seen them, and have formed their opinion on what they have seen. You have formed your opinion on nothing.

IWasThere2016
09-10-2010, 10:14 AM
B - I realise you're hurting after defending the indefensible Yogi and there is a void in your life. But you must stop taking it out on others. Have you considered anger management or the Samaritans?

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 10:23 AM
B - I realise you're hurting after defending the indefensible Yogi and there is a void in your life. But you must stop taking it out on others. Have you considered anger management or the Samaritans?

Thats it keep changing the subject. :bitchy: Answer the question, what do you base YOUR opinion on Byrne being better than Nish, when you have never seen him play?

BEEJ
09-10-2010, 10:28 AM
How do you know the current youth are good enough at present? You also have to have youths playing in the positions you are lacking strength, i.e Kurtis when we had Deeks, Nish & Stokes, what would that do to his development should all be fit and still here, he wouldnt get a sniff?

The point about young Byrne is he should have been loaned out LAST season when he was never going to get a sniff at first team appearances. Instead, he spent his time in season 09/10 at East Mains, appearing in the occasional bounce match and sitting in the stand on match days. A year wasted in the development of one of our promising youth players.

And the knock-on effect of that is that he's not available to the first team squad for the first half of this season, when his availability for selection would have been a bonus.

A year too late.

Some interesting stuff on the thread, now that a couple of days have passed. I was curious to see if anyone believed that old horsewallop about the headline quote of the thread and it seems that no-one does, which I`m kind of glad of.
Sadly that description in your OP is of a Hibs of the past. It would be good if the new Manager could restore something of that reputation for the club.

SMAXXA
09-10-2010, 10:36 AM
maybe playing him out of position

Possibly yeah you could be right, still think tho that he played to many games and should have been dipped in and out more. Probs played out of necessety more than anything as not got great attacking options.

Woody1985
09-10-2010, 10:36 AM
I loved the irony in tqms post about personal attacks then goes on to make judgements and negative slights on bhs life!

Why not just answer the question tqm?

Fwiw I'd like to have seen more players get a chance but to say he couldn't have been worse than nish is speculation at best.

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 10:38 AM
The point about young Byrne is he should have been loaned out LAST season when he was never going to get a sniff at first team appearances. Instead, he spent his time in season 09/10 at East Mains, appearing in the occasional bounce match and sitting in the stand on match days. A year wasted in the development of one of our promising youth players.
You could be right, it would be nice to hear from anyone who watched him last season, to hear just how he was doing?
And the knock-on effect of that is that he's not available to the first team squad for the first half of this season, when his availability for selection would have been a bonus.
A year too late.
Again you could be right?:dunno:

Sadly that description in your OP is of a Hibs of the past. It would be good if the new Manager could restore something of that reputation for the club.

We all want that. :agree:

IWasThere2016
09-10-2010, 10:39 AM
You are not reading my posts nor making any attempt to consider the point - rather trying to score points.

In as many wee words as poss -

Re Byrne. The ex-manager left us with few options up front. We have 3. Only one in form. I suggested he was stubborn with no emphasis on giving youth a chance. Too often the same players in the same formation and the same poor football and poor results. Hence mince form, the worst ever home form and his much-merited IMHO P45. With Byrne as the only other option, I am suggesting he should have been given a chance. I have seen enough of Nish - and what has anyone seen of Trakys (on the bench and not used when behind in the manager's swansong - wtf?) And heard good things about Byrne to suggest he should be given a chance.

Re Hanlon. Having him and Grounds (tv) - I don't understand why Hanlon is/was overlooked.

Is it really that difficult? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 10:49 AM

You are not reading my posts nor making any attempt to consider the point - rather trying to score points.

In as many wee words as poss -

Re Byrne. The ex-manager left us with few options up front. We have 3. Only one in form. I suggested he was stubborn with no emphasis on giving youth a chance. Too often the same players in the same formation and the same poor football and poor results. Hence mince form, the worst ever home form and his much-merited IMHO P45. With Byrne as the only other option, I am suggesting he should have been given a chance. I have seen enough of Nish - and what has anyone seen of Trakys (on the bench and not used when behind in the manager's swansong - wtf?) And heard good things about Byrne to suggest he should be given a chance.

Re Hanlon. Having him and Grounds (tv) - I don't understand why Hanlon is/was overlooked.

Is it really that difficult? :dunno:

Except you said none of that when you came out and said, and here's the quote.

The_Quiet_Man
Andy - I reckon Hanlon, Byrne etc are better than Rankin, Nish etc - how exactly did the young players contirbute to the WORST home run in our 135 year history?

Based on what? Hanlon is a defender, i'd agree he's probably a better defender than Rankin, is he a better midfielder than Rankin? Stupid even trying to compare them. Now where it gets interesting is Byrne v Nish. I have only seen Byrne play once, and that was for 20 minutes against St Mirren over a year ago. So personally i cant comment on how good he is? Although you the font of all knowledge apparently can, he's better than Nish according to you. Again just so i can understand, can you explain how you came to this opinion?

500miles
09-10-2010, 11:55 AM

The players that were nearest ready WERE given a chance. Byrne wasn't ready- he was lightweight, got knocked around, and easily intimidated. He won't be intimidated any more after a spell getting stuck into lower league hammer throwers.

Moyes wasn't ready. Even at lower league level he had a few nightmarish games. He seems to be picking up, and I hope that he does - because he looked to be a centre half with a footballing brain.

Welsh has been held back by injury problems. He seems to be another talented one, and hopefully his year in the treatment room doesn't curtail his development beyond recovery.

Booth is another player who went out on loan to toughen him up. A left back, he was seen as lightweight for the rigours of first team football, but excellent going forward. This was also spotted at his lower league team, who saw his weaknesses, and pushed him to left midfield so as to lessen the impact of his lack of stregnth, but also to maximise his talents going forward, while giving him experience against hard players.

Kevin McCann went out on loan to get match fit again, and will be back, if the new manager chooses, in the new year. Written off by a few people on this board, I think he's a good player that, when fit, will be an asset, at right back or as a defensive midfielder.

Tam Flynn is a young laddie. And a Keeper. With the reputation we have for dressing down goalkeepers, any criticism for not exposing a young laddie to the Hibs "faithful" is either outstanding forgetfulness or wilful ignorance.

We also brought in ANOTHER 18 year old centre half, Stephens, who Yogi has involved, in a minor, but not irrelevant way. Yogi said when he signed him that he was a promising talent, but not quite there, and that if we were to see him this season, it would be, more than likely, in the latter half.

All these laddies are coming back for the latter half of the season, or planned to be invovled at that time, so please don't pretend there was no plan for them, or they weren't in Yogi's thoughts.

Furthermore, I'd like to pull you up on a wee note. The record breaking run you're going on about. In the midst of that run, the man scoring the important goals was Nish, and the man - the ONLY - man performing at anything like an acceptable level in midfield was John Rankin, with his indefatiguable performances making him, essentially, a one man midfield when the opposition were in possession. De Graff didn't join the team until halfway through that run of results, so I think that involving ANOTHER popular scapegoat is simply throwing in any old name that won't get too much resistance, to (weakly) justify your point.

The Green Goblin
09-10-2010, 12:10 PM

sounds much more appealing than

"they have a couple of decent young players and play half-arsed, lazy football"

It does, I agree, but which one is the truth?

GG

Phil D. Rolls
09-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Bringing back Yogi would definitely end this infighting. Nobody would be going to games.

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Bringing back Yogi would definitely end this infighting. Nobody would be going to games.

Wouldn't make a lot of difference to some.

3pm
09-10-2010, 12:30 PM
This is getting ridiculous!

The Green Goblin
09-10-2010, 12:40 PM
This is getting ridiculous!

Yes, I think so too. The thread was intended to be about how we see ourselves as a club, how other so-called "informed pundits" see us, and how we want to be seen from here on. I would put in the "Thread Hijacked" thingy, if I could be bothered to find it.:wink:

The personal stuff doesn`t really get us anywhere.

GG

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Yes, I think so too. The thread was intended to be about how we see ourselves as a club, how other so-called "informed pundits" see us, and how we want to be seen from here on. I would put in the "Thread Hijacked" thingy, if I could be bothered to find it.:wink:

The personal stuff doesn`t really get us anywhere.

GG

If i made a statement as ridiculous as TQMs i'd expect it to be questioned. Its funny how he never answers it dont you think? And takes off in a tangent preferring to rant on rather than face up.

Phil D. Rolls
09-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Wouldn't make a lot of difference to some.

Fair point. I just wonder how fractured our support has actually become over the last year or so. There is a lot of in fighting going on.

I hold my own hands up, and -whilst speaking personaly - reckon that we are all a wee bit frustrated that we aren't as good as we were a few years back. It'll be interesting how things go for the new boss when he gets criticism.

I have to admit, that due to financial pressures, and the unhealthy atmosphere at matches, I haven't been as much since Yogi came.

The Green Goblin
09-10-2010, 02:08 PM
If i made a statement as ridiculous as TQMs i'd expect it to be questioned. Its funny how he never answers it dont you think? And takes off in a tangent preferring to rant on rather than face up.

I don`t think that threads have to follow the op subject strictly or anything, which is why my last post was a wee bit tongue in cheek about the thread being hijacked, so, yeah, of course if there`s something posted that you don`t like, you need to reply to it and so on.

I think Filled Rolls is right about the infighting too, and this thread kind of shows how frustrated things have become - no blame on anyone, just it`s tough times for supporters who care about the team and the club, all of which does tie in with the original post in a way, about the state of things and where we want to go next.

GG

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I don`t think that threads have to follow the op subject strictly or anything, which is why my last post was a wee bit tongue in cheek about the thread being hijacked, so, yeah, of course if there`s something posted that you don`t like, you need to reply to it and so on.

I think Filled Rolls is right about the infighting too, and this thread kind of shows how frustrated things have become - no blame on anyone, just it`s tough times for supporters who care about the team and the club, all of which does tie in with the original post in a way, about the state of things and where we want to go next.

GG

:agree: :top marks

alex74
09-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Except you said none of that when you came out and said, and here's the quote.

The_Quiet_Man
Andy - I reckon Hanlon, Byrne etc are better than Rankin, Nish etc - how exactly did the young players contirbute to the WORST home run in our 135 year history?

Based on what? Hanlon is a defender, i'd agree he's probably a better defender than Rankin, is he a better midfielder than Rankin? Stupid even trying to compare them. Now where it gets interesting is Byrne v Nish. I have only seen Byrne play once, and that was for 20 minutes against St Mirren over a year ago. So personally i cant comment on how good he is? Although you the font of all knowledge apparently can, he's better than Nish according to you. Again just so i can understand, can you explain how you came to this opinion?iteresting debate i have only seen byrne come on as a sub and looked the part hes been getting a good write up every week with eastfife but what a do know is i would have byrne in my team every week ahead of nish how he got a game for so long i will never know

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 02:44 PM
iteresting debate i have only seen byrne come on as a sub and looked the part hes been getting a good write up every week with eastfife but what a do know is i would have byrne in my team every week ahead of nish how he got a game for so long i will never know

I only have the same 20 minutes to judge the lad on that you do. I take anything i read about any player with a pinch of salt. I remember reading great reports on Brian Kerr, he was Motherwell's captain if my memory serves me right. I have even read good reports on Nish, and they have been in the SPL. Now i have no idea just how good the lad is, but for ANYONE to reckon he's better than Nish or any hibs forward, well unless you have seen him regularly, not just a 20 minute subs appearance, well its pish.

alex74
09-10-2010, 03:06 PM
I only have the same 20 minutes to judge the lad on that you do. I take anything i read about any player with a pinch of salt. I remember reading great reports on Brian Kerr, he was Motherwell's captain if my memory serves me right. I have even read good reports on Nish, and they have been in the SPL. Now i have no idea just how good the lad is, but for ANYONE to reckon he's better than Nish or any hibs forward, well unless you have seen him regularly, not just a 20 minute subs appearance, well its pish.the good reports u must have read about nish must have been yogi talking,i personally dont have to see byrne play to know that he cannot do any worse even some of the under 19s could do a better job the guy just hasent got it can see him playing in the 3rd div next season.

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 03:10 PM
the good reports u must have read about nish must have been yogi talking,i personally dont have to see byrne play to know that he cannot do any worse even some of the under 19s could do a better job the guy just hasent got it can see him playing in the 3rd div next season.

So basically you are just another who just thinks player A must be better than player B because you think he couldn't be any worse. Football is that easy eh?

alex74
09-10-2010, 03:24 PM
So basically you are just another who just thinks player A must be better than player B because you think he couldn't be any worse. Football is that easy eh?that is not always the case on this 1 yes as he is not even doin the basics what a forward is meant to do could allow for that if he even gave 100
%

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 03:26 PM
that is not always the case on this 1 yes as he is not even doin the basics what a forward is meant to do could allow for that if he even gave 100
%

Ok, i see where you are coming from. This must be the plan B yogi had no idea how to implement.

IWasThere2016
09-10-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm amazed Yogi got sacked - in recent days we've heard he made £4.5m for Hibs, had a plan B, gave youth a chance etc etc. Truly remarkable he's no still with us really.

Back to Byrne - I've only seen him on tv. I'd OF tv with Satanta, and watched Hibs u/19s v OF, including the fab SC Cup Final - IIRC Byrne scored twice.

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm amazed Yogi got sacked - in recent days we've heard he made £4.5m for Hibs, had a plan B, gave youth a chance etc etc. Truly remarkable he's no still with us really.

Back to Byrne - I've only seen him on tv. I'd OF tv with Satanta, and watched Hibs u/19s v OF, including the fab SC Cup Final - IIRC Byrne scored twice.

So there we have it, Byrne is better than Nish on two sightings from the telly in under 19s games. :faf::faf:

alex74
09-10-2010, 06:27 PM
So there we have it, Byrne is better than Nish on two sightings from the telly in under 19s games. :faf::faf:a take back my comments on nish he is quality hopefully new boss gives him an offer he cant turn down maybe hes needing a better partner up front to feed of him show deeko the door nish is 2 moves ahead of him get someone in whos on the same wavelength,:faf: comments please

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 06:33 PM
a take back my comments on nish he is quality hopefully new boss gives him an offer he cant turn down maybe hes needing a better partner up front to feed of him show deeko the door nish is 2 moves ahead of him get someone in whos on the same wavelength,:faf: comments please

I'm not Nishy's biggest fan, but have not seen Byrne play 1 game in over a year, how on earth can i judge what he's like at the moment? Answer me this. I have seen Thomas flynn warming up a few times, i think he's better than the 3 keepers in front of him, how ridiculous does that sound?

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 06:36 PM
a take back my comments on nish he is quality hopefully new boss gives him an offer he cant turn down maybe hes needing a better partner up front to feed of him show deeko the door nish is 2 moves ahead of him get someone in whos on the same wavelength,:faf: comments please

I have never once commentated on this thread how good Nish is. I also dont know how good Byrne is, and neither do any of the numpties who think he's better on 1 or 2 showings over a season ago in a 19s game.

Shrekko
09-10-2010, 07:03 PM
I have never once commentated on this thread how good Nish is. I also dont know how good Byrne is, and neither do any of the numpties who think he's better on 1 or 2 showings over a season ago in a 19s game.

I've got to say BH you are bang on the money on this subject.

It's amazing how the (mainly young) players that have never been seen are always better than the one's getting a game.

I had the same Nish/Byrne argument with TQM last season and he resorted to calling me 'Dick', as opposed to telling me what the 'Byrne is better' argument was based on.

Being brutally honest Byrne has looked like a fish out of water in his brief appearances and to base an opinion on under 19 games is ridiculous. How many of these star cup winning under 19's of the past have actually gone on to greatness? I remember the team who won the BP Youth Cup in '91 or '92 and one or 2 of them looked great, most notably Graham Love, but he just wasnt good enough in the 1st team.

Anyone who seriously thinks Bryne would have contributed more to Hibs than Nish's 12 goals and umpteen assists last season is kidding themselves on big style.

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 07:20 PM
I've got to say BH you are bang on the money on this subject.

It's amazing how the (mainly young) players that have never been seen are always better than the one's getting a game.

I had the same Nish/Byrne argument with TQM last season and he resorted to calling me 'Dick', as opposed to telling me what the 'Byrne is better' argument was based on.

Being brutally honest Byrne has looked like a fish out of water in his brief appearances and to base an opinion on under 19 games is ridiculous. How many of these star cup winning under 19's of the past have actually gone on to greatness? I remember the team who won the BP Youth Cup in '91 or '92 and one or 2 of them looked great, most notably Graham Love, but he just wasnt good enough in the 1st team.

Anyone who seriously thinks Bryne would have contributed more to Hibs than Nish's 12 goals and umpteen assists last season is kidding themselves on big style.

:agree: And to say he is better just because he cant be worse is a pathetic argument, they know that, but keep digging. :faf:

lucky
09-10-2010, 07:30 PM
How many goals has Nish scored this season? I think we all have high hopes for Bryne. He has not had many chances so far. But surely he will get his chance on his return.

Nish is an average player who frustrates the support with lack of control and strength

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 07:31 PM
How goals has Nish scored this season? I think we all have high hopes for Bryne. He has not had many chances so far. But surely he will get his chance on his return.

Nish is an average player who frustrates the support with lack of control and strength

:agree:

alex74
09-10-2010, 07:31 PM
:agree: And to say he is better just because he cant be worse is a pathetic argument, they know that, but keep digging. :faf:thats my opinion as i have been watching him every week for to long the guy is pish simple as that if anyone thinks hes not they dont know the game i would rather play with 10 players thats serious

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 07:36 PM
thats my opinion as i have been watching him every week for to long the guy is pish simple as that if anyone thinks hes not they dont know the game i would rather play with 10 players thats serious

I agree to an extent with you on Nish, but what has Byrne done for you to say he's better?:confused:

lucky
09-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Bryne need a run in the team to prove his worth.

Nish would not start for me. In fact I would not renew his contract. He is average surely there are better forwards out there for his wages

Shrekko
09-10-2010, 07:42 PM
thats my opinion as i have been watching him every week for to long the guy is pish simple as that if anyone thinks hes not they dont know the game i would rather play with 10 players thats serious

I'm guessing all the managers who've played him 'dont know the game' then?

I'd be more tempted to say that someone who would rather his team played a man short for 90 minutes than play with 11 including an experienced SPL striker is the one who doesnt know the game.

By the way- I dont think Nish is a great player or even what I want in the team. Just bringing a bit of sanity to the discussion.

IWasThere2016
09-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Nish is mince IMHO.

KB - and any others if we had them - deserved a chance IMHO.

Bad me for having an opinion :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
09-10-2010, 07:57 PM
RichH - I'd like to see that post referring to me insulting you. If I did I apologise.

Shrekko
09-10-2010, 08:01 PM
RichH - I'd like to see that post referring to me insulting you. If I did I apologise.

It was edited by admin, but more than happy to accept the apology

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Bryne need a run in the team to prove his worth.

Nish would not start for me. In fact I would not renew his contract. He is average surely there are better forwards out there for his wages

I'm sure every player from the 19s would say they need a run in the first team to prove their worth. Should we play all of them, or just the ones that are good enough? Or indeed just the ones the fans deem good enough, even though most have never seen more than 5 minutes of what they can do?

3pm
09-10-2010, 08:14 PM
I agree to an extent with you on Nish, but what has Byrne done for you to say he's better?:confused:

Nothing. But your crusade is pathetic. I don't agree with TQM but why bother with the nonsense? You've come out with more than enough pish but nobody hassles you on a 1:1 basis.

He has opinion, let him express it.

lucky
09-10-2010, 08:18 PM
BH ---- where am I suggesting that they should all get a run in the team? Hibs are not scoring goals and don't have many forwards. He has went to EF and did well. That's the same route as Deeks. I would give him his chance. He scored in the under 19's and now East Fife. He is worth a shot.

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Nothing. But your crusade is pathetic. I don't agree with TQM but why bother with the nonsense? You've come out with more than enough pish but nobody hassles you on a 1:1 basis.

He has opinion, let him express it.

Crusade my erse. I asked a question this afternoon and he's still not answered it, because he cant. I have come out with pish before, and been ridiculed for it by many, i have broad shoulders. As you say he has an opinion, and that opinion was put on a message board to be questioned, i have done that.

Removed
09-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Crusade my erse. I asked a question this afternoon and he's still not answered it, because he cant. I have come out with pish before, and been ridiculed for it by many, i have broad shoulders. As you say he has an opinion, and that opinion was put on a message board to be questioned, i have done that.

Broad shoulders :greengrin what about the rest of you :wink:

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 08:27 PM
BH ---- where am I suggesting that they should all get a run in the team? Hibs are not scoring goals and don't have many forwards. He has went to EF and did well. That's the same route as Deeks. I would give him his chance. He scored in the under 19's and now East Fife. He is worth a shot.

I have no idea if the standard at east fife is any good, but i'm guessing its a lot lower than the SPL. I also have no idea if he's good enough, but would again guess he was not, and thats why he was loaned out.

DH1875
09-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Is it not up to the manager to decide what tactics we play? If we bring some one in like that t*t Harry Potter would we play exciting, attacking football.

3pm
09-10-2010, 08:28 PM

It is a crusade. You have a bee in your bonnet.

Just give it up man.

lucky
09-10-2010, 10:02 PM
He was loaned out to gain experience. We will only find out how good he is when he gets a chance

alex74
09-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I agree to an extent with you on Nish, but what has Byrne done for you to say he's better?:confused:well as a said a would rather play with 10men than have nish in the team as he just gives the ball away to the opposition all the time as for byrne thats why a said he cant be any worse so why cant he not be better,i have played the game at a good level so that is why im so against the player as a think we are a man down before a ball is kicked

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 10:05 PM
He was loaned out to gain experience. We will only find out how good he is when he gets a chance

Was that a bad idea? Was he ready for the 1st team? How was he doing in training with the first team? Is he good enough for the SPL?

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 10:07 PM
well as a said a would rather play with 10men than have nish in the team as he just gives the ball away to the opposition all the time as for byrne thats why a said he cant be any worse so why cant he not be better,i have played the game at a good level so that is why im so against the player as a think we are a man down before a ball is kicked

Thats just ridiculous.

alex74
09-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Nish is mince IMHO.

KB - and any others if we had them - deserved a chance IMHO.

Bad me for having an opinion :rolleyes:no bad opinion m8 just that we have to watch him every week maybe not his fault that yogi played him at a level hes not up toooooooo

alex74
09-10-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm guessing all the managers who've played him 'dont know the game' then?

I'd be more tempted to say that someone who would rather his team played a man short for 90 minutes than play with 11 including an experienced SPL striker is the one who doesnt know the game.

By the way- I dont think Nish is a great player or even what I want in the team. Just bringing a bit of sanity to the discussion.they obviously dont know the game thats why they got sacked we had to watch it did you like what you where paying your hard earned cash to watch

alex74
09-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Thats just ridiculous.in what part is it ridiculous

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2010, 10:32 AM
they obviously dont know the game thats why they got sacked we had to watch it did you like what you where paying your hard earned cash to watch
I'm surprised every team doesn't just dont drop their worst player, and start the game with 10 men, this is the future.:faf:

in what part is it ridiculous

:lips seal

alex74
10-10-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm surprised every team doesn't just dont drop their worst player, and start the game with 10 men, this is the future.:faf:

:lips seala think u have to really be attending the games to realise what am talking about :shhhsh!:

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2010, 10:50 AM
a think u have to really be attending the games to realise what am talking about :shhhsh!:

I do attend games, season ticket holder east stand row AA seat 80, but even if i didn't i still think you are talking crap. Play with 10 men. :faf:

alex74
10-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I do attend games, season ticket holder east stand row AA seat 80, but even if i didn't i still think you are talking crap. Play with 10 men. :faf:well we will agree to disagree on that one, watch nish next sat and tell me what he contrabutes to the side and how many times he gives the ball away.he will probably score a hatrick how funny would that be.

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2010, 11:17 AM
well we will agree to disagree on that one, watch nish next sat and tell me what he contrabutes to the side and how many times he gives the ball away.he will probably score a hatrick how funny would that be.

Yes we will have to disagree, i like my team to have 11 players at all times if possible, and i also like those players to have proved they are good enough or warrant a chance to play at that level, whether thats at training or at previous clubs.