PDA

View Full Version : Time to move on?

BSEJVT
07-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Am I the only one bored out of their mind by the constant rehashing of the history of:

1) The Boards successes and failures

2) Whether the board spend too much or too little on the team

3) Whether the board are paid too much or too little.

4) Whether Mcleish, Sauzee, Williamson, Mowbray, Mixu or Yogi were the right men, wrong men, unlucky, lucky or god knows what else?

5) Whether the ground should or should not have been redeveloped.

Whatever our varying thoughts are on these and related matters they are in the past.

We are like a bunch of women who can never let anything go.

Its in the past deal with it and move on.

The debate has got to move to what's in front of us not behind us, its not going to change a thing.

How does the club progress?

Who should our new manager be?

How do we get more bums on seats

Hands on Hibs 3?

Big Frank
07-10-2010, 11:30 AM
:agree:

Lot of truth in that.

Expecting Rain
07-10-2010, 11:32 AM
In total agreement with the opening post.

TrickyNicky
07-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Am I the only one bored out of their mind by the constant rehashing of the history of:

4) Whether Mcleish, Sauzee, Williamson, Mowbray, Mixu or Yogi were the right men, wrong men, unlucky, lucky or god knows what else?

Whatever our varying thoughts are on these and related matters they are in the past.

The debate has got to move to what's in front of us not behind us, its not going to change a thing.

Hands on Hibs 3?

It's just the modern therapy of dealing with " football grief " I think - to vent one's spleen at the loss of a manager!

Some talk it out, some go for a walk, I like to ram the nut on my collie/spaniel cross !

Andy74
07-10-2010, 11:40 AM

Hands on Hibs 3?

It's not going to happen.

You've got a certain element that wait for things to go wrong on the park and then wheel out all the complaints about Farmer, Petrie, the Stadium etc etc.

When you are a Hibby it is obviously the done thing to have a 'cause' preferably against any sort of establishment.

JohnScott
07-10-2010, 08:11 PM

Am I the only one smiling at the thought of you standing at Easter Road singing: "If you know your history, it's enough to make your heart go............." :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
07-10-2010, 08:15 PM
It be easier to move on if the Board could spell out their vision for Hibs - and the strategy to get us there..

3pm
07-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Getting folk to home games.

SMAXXA
07-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Agree to an extent but thats football and im pretty sure we are no different from fans of any other club talking about the past, good and bad, differing opinions etc and lets face it there aint much else to talk about with Hibs other than who will the next gaffer be. IMO

Andy74
07-10-2010, 09:47 PM
It be easier to move on if the Board could spell out their vision for Hibs - and the strategy to get us there..

They do that regularly, what they can't do is guarantee anything in what is a sport.

sahib
07-10-2010, 10:29 PM

Hands on Hibs 3?

People are talking about the future, in a way, when they discuss passed success and failures. How can you progress if you can't identify which was which and what led to them in the past.:greengrin

IWasThere2016
08-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Really Andy?!? I recall talk of 'growing the Hibernian family' but was there a strategy detailed with this?

Kaiser1962
08-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Thats an offence is it not ?

It's just the modern therapy of dealing with " football grief " I think - to vent one's spleen at the loss of a manager!

Some talk it out, some go for a walk, I like to ram the nuts on my collie/spaniel cross !