PDA

View Full Version : NHC Liverpool problems / protests (merged)

PaulSmith
06-10-2010, 10:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO55BazkiZ4&feature=player_embedded

when you watch this maybe we should be that little bit more grateful that we dpnt have a Hicks/Gillett or a Romanov in charge.

p.s can you imagine if the Hearts fans actually had a back bone they might've done something similar. Broken promises around stadia and increased debt, sound familiar?

blairwallace
06-10-2010, 10:55 PM
I love this video, makes me proud to support Liverpool, aye we've been doing **** football wise but like hibs fans they get behind the team in times like this and make their colours show, kind of like hands off hibs. when are the famous supporters of man u going to make a video like this against their owners? :greengrin

iwasthere1972
06-10-2010, 10:57 PM
I love this video, makes me proud to support Liverpool, aye we've been doing **** football wise but like hibs fans they get behind the team in times like this and make their colours show, kind of like hands off hibs. when are the famous supporters of man u going to make a video like this against their owners? :greengrin

Spotted Jimmy Corkhill. :thumbsup:

CB_NO3
06-10-2010, 11:07 PM
As silly as this may sound, Liverpool and Man Utd to go bust will be the best thing for football in the UK. Not totally their fault, more down to Sky that have ruined football.

HibeePaj
06-10-2010, 11:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO55BazkiZ4&feature=player_embedded

when you watch this maybe we should be that little bit more grateful that we dpnt have a Hicks/Gillett or a Romanov in charge.

p.s can you imagine if the Hearts fans actually had a back bone they might've done something similar. Broken promises around stadia and increased debt, sound familiar?

what famous faces would they have in their vid??

Criswell
06-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Sounds like a load of belly-aching to me - just because they haven't won a trophy for a few years - big deal! To blame all their recent problems on the current owners is ridiculous. The reason they were bought over in the first place is because they were living way beyond their means and had gone massively into debt. You wonder what planet some of these characters live on!

Ozyhibby
06-10-2010, 11:28 PM
what famous faces would they have in their vid??

Ronnie Corbitt:whistle:

thekaratekid
07-10-2010, 12:12 AM

and Barry Grant :greengrin

CB_NO3
07-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Mimi from Shameless and John Bishop the comedian. I missed Barry Grant.

(((Fergus)))
07-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Funniest video I've seen all day, thanks for posting. :top marks

Part/Time Supporter
07-10-2010, 06:03 AM
Sounds like a load of belly-aching to me - just because they haven't won a trophy for a few years - big deal! To blame all their recent problems on the current owners is ridiculous. The reason they were bought over in the first place is because they were living way beyond their means and had gone massively into debt. You wonder what planet some of these characters live on!

I'm no Liverpool fan, but that is complete and utter rubbish.

Pre Hicks / Gillett, they had low debt for a club of that size and were generally acknowledged as the most stable and one of the best run clubs in England. Hicks / Gillett largely financed their purchase of the club by loading a pile of debt onto the club, as the Glazers did with Man Utd. The difference being that United already had a 60,000+ stadium in place generating loads of cash to sustain that level of debt, whereas Liverpool really need to redevelop Anfield or build a new stadium. Since the credit crunch came along a year or so after they bought LFC they have found it increasingly difficult to renew the borrowing facilities.

Antifa Hibs
07-10-2010, 09:37 AM

The debt was £42m I believe before the Yanks came. A large debt, granted, but totally sustainable for a club that turnovers over £100m a season.

Man Utd's debt was next to nil before the Glazers came in.

Hibs07p
07-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm no Liverpool fan, but that is complete and utter rubbish.

Pre Hicks / Gillett, they had low debt for a club of that size and were generally acknowledged as the most stable and one of the best run clubs in England. Hicks / Gillett largely financed their purchase of the club by loading a pile of debt onto the club, as the Glazers did with Man Utd. The difference being that United already had a 60,000+ stadium in place generating loads of cash to sustain that level of debt, whereas Liverpool really need to redevelop Anfield or build a new stadium. Since the credit crunch came along a year or so after they bought LFC they have found it increasingly difficult to renew the borrowing facilities.

The owners, who were willing to sell the family silver to the highest bidder, are the real culprits in all of this. They took their money without as much as a backward glance as they left, not giving a flying **** as to how the deals were being financed, and how it would affect their club. I'm all right Jack, I suppose.

Hibs Class
07-10-2010, 11:32 AM
As silly as this may sound, Liverpool and Man Utd to go bust will be the best thing for football in the UK. Not totally their fault, more down to Sky that have ruined football.

Don't entirely agree with the comment re Sky. The amount of money they put into the game in England should have created sustainability, but instead the issue is that it just created extreme greed. It's a bit unfair to blame Sky for the choices that clubs and their owners have made.

banarc7062
07-10-2010, 12:42 PM
The owners, who were willing to sell the family silver to the highest bidder, are the real culprits in all of this. They took their money without as much as a backward glance as they left, not giving a flying **** as to how the deals were being financed, and how it would affect their club. I'm all right Jack, I suppose.

I recall the Moore's family being rather sad and concerned at the way the Club was being run and Sir John regretting having sold his interest.

BryanV
07-10-2010, 12:44 PM
I recall the Moore's family being rather sad and concerned at the way the Club was being run and Sir John regretting having sold his interest.

He knew what was funding the bid, I am sure his regret is great consolation to the scouse hordes. Talk is cheap.

Hibs07p
07-10-2010, 01:05 PM

I don't doubt it, but they knew what they were doing. That's like Jim Gray and David Duff saying sorry 5 minutes after selling out to Mercer, which thankfully they didn't.

Mikeystewart
07-10-2010, 01:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO55BazkiZ4&feature=aso

brilliant video :top marks

think the jambos will have time for a dear Mr Romanov:greengrin?

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Jog on.

WindyMiller
07-10-2010, 02:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO55BazkiZ4&feature=aso

brilliant video :top marks

think the jambos will have time for a dear Mr Romanov:greengrin?
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?194440-Liverpool-Fan-Protest-You-Tube

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 02:05 PM

and Barry Grant :greengrin

And Bobby and Sheila Grant :greengrin

iwasthere1972
07-10-2010, 02:11 PM
And Bobby and Sheila Grant :greengrin

:agree: A Barry Grant is probably a way of saying that you are pleased with some kind of funding that you've received from the government. A Sheila Grant is some man award in Australia for marrying a woman. Wonder what a Bobby Grant is? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 02:13 PM
:agree: A Barry Grant is probably a way of saying that you are pleased with some kind of funding that you've received from the government. Wonder what a Bobby Grant is? :greengrin

:faf: :faf:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:greengrin

Nae idea what a Bobby Grant is either :greengrin

NOLA
07-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Got no time for liverpool fc, its the fans i feel for.... my arse!

CropleyWasGod
07-10-2010, 02:26 PM

It's what Craig Thomson applied to the Arts Council for...

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 02:46 PM
It's what Craig Thomson applied to the Arts Council for...

:greengrin:thumbsup:

:agree:

Woody1985
07-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Does the guy at 2:26ish really say that it's the same as being raped? :confused:

Woody1985
07-10-2010, 07:53 PM
The guy at 5:08 is Roy Hodgson. :faf::faf::faf:

BS44
08-10-2010, 08:16 AM

It's Liverpudlian term for bribing a police officer.

Sergey
08-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Holding company (Kop Holdings) to enter administration.

sunshine1875
08-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Liverpool are likely to face a nine-point deduction if its parent company Kop Holdings goes into administration next week, BBC Sport understands.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9074311.stm

They really are in a bad way.

Mikey
08-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Any advance on 10? :greengrin

Gatecrasher
08-10-2010, 11:52 AM
I think Southampton tried to hide behind a holding company but still got the deduction, that was in the Football League though not the EPL :agree:

3pm
08-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Holding company (Kop Holdings) to enter administration.

Quite disappointed by this. I expect you to Yam-bash at every oppotunity. :wink:

_hucks_
08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
It's a shame for their fans, they are very pro-active in protecting their club, and have a very good, vocal support. Before moving down here I though they were all a bit tim-ish, with a bit of a chip on their shoulder, but meeting them shows that to be by and large completely not true.

Andy74
08-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Liverpool are likely to face a nine-point deduction if its parent company Kop Holdings goes into administration next week, BBC Sport understands.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9074311.stm

They really are in a bad way.

The CEO of the Corporate Banking Business at RBS is a big Liverpool fan. I can't see it. :greengrin

BS44
09-10-2010, 01:37 AM
They don't care about football.

They don't care about fans.

Heart of Midlothian are in the right hands.

(1.23)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHuJ98u6bb0&feature=related

Phil D. Rolls
09-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Surely the best time for the Liverpool fans to have protested against the Americans taking over would have been before they got their hands on the club? Or is it just possible that all those $$$ signs in front of them obscured their vision.

I have yet to see a group of fans say anything other than that their new owner is a "well respected businessman" and that he will take them to the "next level". That's why the money men love getting into football to play games with people who aren't as bright as them.

Leicester Fan
09-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Sounds like a load of belly-aching to me - just because they haven't won a trophy for a few years - big deal!

Scousers feeling sorry for them selves. Who'd have thought it?

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2010, 07:38 PM

:tee hee:

ScottB
09-10-2010, 09:24 PM
I can't help but wonder we'll be back here again once they discover these new Americans can't afford to bankroll them up the league.

They'll go into administration because why should the bidders pay more than it'd cost to pay off the debt?

I do wonder with a 9 point deduction, where will they finish in the table? I'd imagine Torres will go in January or the summer at the latest, then they are truly stuffed.

hibs0666
09-10-2010, 09:28 PM

(1.23)

Belter :thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-10-2010, 10:09 PM
When I was younger, Liverpool was my team, in the early 80's they were THE top side in Europe. I remember greeting my eyes out when Man United won the FA Cup in 1983 against Brighton cause Man Utd were Liverpool's greatest rivals.

Then I begin at support my local team, Hibs, English football was then irellevant to me.

TBH, now I couldn't really give a flying **** about any English side. Like many clubs down south Liverpool have went down the route of bringing in foreign owners, a bad sign.

Dashing Bob S
09-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Always interesting to see a dynasty crumble. This club, for all sorts of reasons, is heading for a long, sustained and entrenched period of mediocrity, as I argued to a Canadian Liverpool 'fanatic' recently. (no, he hadn't been to Anfield). The glory hunters should get used to that and by the Chelski replica tops now.

Pete
09-10-2010, 11:46 PM

Bloody hilarious.

You're taking liberties.

Were scousers ever considered "self-pity" merchants before 1984?

As John Bishop says...Jog on!

NAE NOOKIE
10-10-2010, 10:30 AM
What you have got to do is scratch your head at the apparently acceptable business practice which allows people to borrow millions to buy a business with little or no debt ( Man Utd classic example ) and then put that debt on to the balance sheet of the business.

The result being that when it all goes wrong you can walk away with the millions you have paid yourself as owner of the business and leave the business bust with millions in debt, which you can seperate yourself from ( classic example Liverpool ).

Man City fans should quake .... If all the money paid for players and their unbelievable wages has come out of the pockets of their insanely wealthy owners then why does the last annual report say City are about £100,000,000 in debt. Surely it should be no debt if everything is being paid for by the owners.

If they ever walk City will owe the money, not the ex owners.

Yams beware.

Its this sort of greedy selfish business practice which means that thousands of workers in this country are about to lose their jobs, but the guys who made it happen can still live in luxury putting two fingers up to the politicians and us poor mugs.

:grr:

PaulSmith
13-10-2010, 09:51 PM
And just as they were celebrating a 'win' in being able to sell the club along comes this all the way from Texas.

How the hell did the (football) authorities allow this monster to be created that is the EPL?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9080946.stm

Wotherspiniesta
13-10-2010, 10:24 PM
"Epic swindle" . LAWL. :greengrin

After losing the case this morning, Gilette and Hicks made this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLni3wbndls&feature=related) statement.

HibeeSince85
13-10-2010, 10:29 PM
You just could not make this up.

ScottB
13-10-2010, 10:49 PM
What planet are those two on?

Do they not realise that RBS will just stick the club into administration and sell it off that way? Why on Earth should any bidders offer more than they will have to pay RBS in a week or so's time?

Also, £1.6 billion in damages?? For what? For them running a business into the ground then complaining nobody wants to pay them a fortune for it?

What jurisdiction does a Texan court have over a British club that is in debt to a British bank? Madness.

I'm no fan of Liverpool, but this is a shameful way to treat any kind of business. Though part of suspects we will be back here again in a few years time once the fans figure out their new owners don't have deep enough pockets or the club is swimming in debt again...

IWasThere2016
13-10-2010, 11:14 PM
What planet are those two on?

Do they not realise that RBS will just stick the club into administration and sell it off that way? Why on Earth should any bidders offer more than they will have to pay RBS in a week or so's time?

Also, £1.6 billion in damages?? For what? For them running a business into the ground then complaining nobody wants to pay them a fortune for it?What jurisdiction does a Texan court have over a British club that is in debt to a British bank? Madness.

I'm no fan of Liverpool, but this is a shameful way to treat any kind of business. Though part of suspects we will be back here again in a few years time once the fans figure out their new owners don't have deep enough pockets or the club is swimming in debt again...

They gambled - they lost. Their sole aim was profit-making.

They lied to the LFC fans promising a new stadium/no debt etc ..

Glad it has imploded on Hicks + Gilette - couldnae have happened to two better parasites :bye:

They have NO chance of over-turning this ruling unless they can prove that the process was legally and/or technically flawed. Having met Martin Broughton, I just cannot see that being the case.

gilliecabbage
14-10-2010, 12:16 AM

(1.23)

get a good wee bounce goin to that i like it listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPRU1vqyF98

Baader
14-10-2010, 11:57 AM
These two are a couple of crooks. Con men - like many people that seek to get involved in Englishh football. I can't believe how easy it is to buy a football club and proud institutions as well - something needs to be done.

Gilette and Hicks should be in a jail cell somewhere, not a boardroom.

heretoday
14-10-2010, 12:20 PM
I have to laugh at Liverpool fans talking on the radio. They seem to think they have a god given right to be up at the top.

A period in the Championship might introduce a sense of reality to their heads.

ScottB
14-10-2010, 12:40 PM
I have to laugh at Liverpool fans talking on the radio. They seem to think they have a god given right to be up at the top.

A period in the Championship might introduce a sense of reality to their heads.

Yeah, that's why they annoy me, rather like Newcastle fans used to be, think that being a big club gives them some right to be winning stuff every year...

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah, that's why they annoy me, rather like Newcastle fans used to be, think that being a big club gives them some right to be winning stuff every year...

:faf::faf: no comparison what so ever. Surely no explanation is needed.

ScottB
14-10-2010, 01:18 PM
:faf::faf: no comparison what so ever. Surely no explanation is needed.

Both sets of fans seem to have sections that go on and on about how they have some sort of right to win things, sure Liverpool actually have a history of winning stuff, but it still strikes me as annoying and arrogant.

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Both sets of fans seem to have sections that go on and on about how they have some sort of right to win things, sure Liverpool actually have a history of winning stuff, but it still strikes me as annoying and arrogant.

Do they really? So Newcastle fans go on and on about how they have the right to win things! Based on what........... their recent success????? I don't believe they think they have a devine right to win anything.

Liverpool fans have a believe and a passion that they should be winning trophies based on their recent success, what's wrong with that? Success breeds expectation of continued success at any club surely.

--------
14-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Do they really? So Newcastle fans go on and on about how they have the right to win things! Based on what........... their recent success????? I don't believe they think they have a devine right to win anything.

Liverpool fans have a believe and a passion that they should be winning trophies based on their recent success, what's wrong with that? Success breeds expectation of continued success at any club surely.

My heart bleeds for the poor wee lambs. :rolleyes:

They should try being Hibees.

New Corrie
14-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Scousers are England's Weegies

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Scousers are England's Weegies

:yawn: How original.

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2010, 03:11 PM
My heart bleeds for the poor wee lambs. :rolleyes:

They should try being Hibees.

I've been trying for the last 18 years........................f*** me it's not very pleasant :greengrin

heretoday
15-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Think you're a wee bit confused. I think you'll find that Man U are England's Weegies :agree:

Millwall are England's weegies.

Bad Martini
15-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Walk on ya bass.

The reds WILL be back. Up the manure and chelski life-long fans anaw.

YNWA.

down-the-slope
15-10-2010, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfH9vBatIPw

down-the-slope
15-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Admins - sorry but this shows Sweary words on the still...:slipper:

Also should have a big people only warning :rules:

H18sry
15-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Admins - sorry but this shows Sweary words on the still...:slipper: