PDA

View Full Version : Did Alan Kennedy ever play for hibs (NON MANAGER POST RELATED)

HibeePaj
06-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Basically i was speaking to Alan Kennedy (formerly of Newcastle, Sunderland and Liverpool(inc. 1984 league title, league cup and European Cup winning side)) last March in Bermuda. Im sure we were talking about when he had played for hibs and iv since checked, and cant find any proof that he played in the mighty green and white. :confused::confused:

Was he winding me up as i was pretty intoxicated or has my intoxicated memory decieved me ?

Anybody shed any light??

paget

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 07:45 PM
No he didnt.

Never.

Jonnyboy
06-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Basically i was speaking to Alan Kennedy (formerly of Newcastle, Sunderland and Liverpool(inc. 1984 league title, league cup and European Cup winning side)) last March in Bermuda. Im sure we were talking about when he had played for hibs and iv since checked, and cant find any proof that he played in the mighty green and white. :confused::confused:

Was he winding me up as i was pretty intoxicated or has my intoxicated memory decieved me ?

Anybody shed any light??

paget

Too much beer I think pag :greengrin

Baader
06-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Sure it wisnae Alan Sneddon you were talking to?

HibeePaj
06-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Sure it wisnae Alan Sneddon you were talking to?

Too much beer I think pag :greengrin

haha no it was definately him,, iv got a couple of pictures with the guy. Man im sure he was saying he played for hibs,, im sure thats how we got talking.

i think he maybe took me as a drunk fool. :boo hoo:

Phil D. Rolls
06-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Kennedy played against us in a friendly with Swansea City, circa 85 IIRC. Maybe he also played against us for Liverpool.

HibeePaj
06-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Kennedy played against us in a friendly with Swansea City, circa 85 IIRC. Maybe he also played against us for Liverpool.

ahh,, maybe that is what he was saying.

BUT if he wasn't lying to me and that is what he was saying, he did seem a really good guy, good laugh if i remember correctly.

Jonnyboy
06-10-2010, 07:59 PM

BUT if he wasn't lying to me and that is what he was saying, he did seem a really good guy, good laugh if i remember correctly.

C'mon now, you told that story so we'd all be impressed that you'd been to Bermuda :wink: :faf:

AK was very highly thought of by many in the game so you're spot on with your assessment :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
06-10-2010, 08:04 PM

Right, you meet some impressive people on your equally impressive travels though? :greengrin

HibeePaj
06-10-2010, 08:05 PM
C'mon now, you told that story so we'd all be impressed that you'd been to Bermuda :wink: :faf:

AK was very highly thought of by many in the game so you're spot on with your assessment :thumbsup:

well tbh i think im mibby a bit too young to have known or recognised the guy..

haha, and aye,, i think i mibby did :wink: BEATS EAST LOTHIAN THOUGH EH :wink:

Jonnyboy
06-10-2010, 08:06 PM
well tbh i think im mibby a bit too young to have known or recognised the guy..

haha, and aye,, i think i mibby did :wink: BEATS EAST LOTHIAN THOUGH EH :wink:

Dunno, I've never been to Bermuda :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
06-10-2010, 08:09 PM

I'm willing to take a punt. I grew up in EL. :greengrin

HibeePaj
06-10-2010, 08:12 PM

I'm willing to take a punt. I grew up in EL. :greengrin

Well if im being honest, i was only there for 24 hours haha, and it was p*shing down for the most of it!!

but i was saying that for the fact that im sure he stays there,

Baader
06-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I had a beer with Albert Kidd in Adelaide once...

Phil D. Rolls
06-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Well if im being honest, i was only there for 24 hours haha, and it was p*shing down for the most of it!!

I wanted to work there, but if it rains, and there's guys going around pretending to be pro footballers, then maybe it's not the place I thought it was.

Was this bloke wearing pyjamas and standing waiting for a bus when you spoke to him by any chance?

CropleyWasGod
06-10-2010, 08:16 PM

Who?

HibeePaj
06-10-2010, 08:21 PM
I wanted to work there, but if it rains, and there's guys going around pretending to be pro footballers, then maybe it's not the place I thought it was.

Was this bloke wearing pyjamas and standing waiting for a bus when you spoke to him by any chance?

haha:thumbsup:

Seemed like a nice enough place though tbh... 'supposedly' it doesnt rain much either. I was in Hamilton, seem a decent wee town, can't say there was much too it though. :S

Also theres a county called Paget, was trying to go to it but did'nt have time,, twas a bit gutting.

.Sean.
06-10-2010, 08:21 PM

Just like East Lothian then! :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-10-2010, 08:22 PM
haha no it was definately him,, iv got a couple of pictures with the guy. Man im sure he was saying he played for hibs,, im sure thats how we got talking.

i think he maybe took me as a drunk fool. :boo hoo:

:greengrin

Couple of years ago on a golfing holiday in Portugal we got talking to an auld boy in Jinkys Bar in Albufeira. Boy said he was Jimmy Wardhaugh, of the Hertz Terrible Trio fame (and was backed up by the barman). Made sure ne never put his hand in his pocket and spent a few hours in his company while he regaled us with tales about Derby days gone by, and his disappointment about not getting more Scotland caps.

Mentioned the encounter to a Jambo at work a few weeks later, and he reckoned Jimmy Wardhaugh had died in the late seventies.......

Hook, Line and Sinker! :greengrin Fair play to the auld chancer, his patter was good.

Baader
06-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Who?

Yes, my apologies. I suppose he needs an introduction CWG! :wink:

Allow me! This one is good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zynaPt5COmY

HibeePaj
06-10-2010, 08:25 PM
:greengrin

Couple of years ago on a golfing holiday in Portugal we got talking to an auld boy in Jinkys Bar in Albufeira. Boy said he was Jimmy Wardhaugh, of the Hertz Terrible Trio fame (and was backed up by the barman). Made sure ne never put his hand in his pocket and spent a few hours in his company while he regaled us with tales about Derby days gone by, and his disappointment about not getting more Scotland caps.

Mentioned the encounter to a Jambo at work a few weeks later, and he reckoned Jimmy Wardhaugh had died in the late seventies.......

Hook, Line and Sinker! :greengrin Fair play to the auld chancer, his patter was good.

haha that is a class story mate,, and i guess he lived up to the typical jambo etiquette.

haha pretending to be a dead man,,, :top marks 10/10 for creativeness

paget

CropleyWasGod
06-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Yes, my apologies. I suppose he needs an introduction CWG! :wink:

Allow me! This one is good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zynaPt5COmY

Sheesh, every day's a school day on Hibs.net. Thanks for that.

Tell me, the team in pink and grey? Are they a big team?

Baader
06-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Sheesh, every day's a school day on Hibs.net. Thanks for that.

Tell me, the team in pink and grey? Are they a big team?

Oh yes. They bounced back from their anus horribalis in 1986 to win the Champions' League in...

eh, sometime after. And in front of their 400,000 fans too!

CropleyWasGod
06-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Oh yes. They bounced back from their anus horribalis in 1986 to win the Champions' League in...

I'm so glad it all turned out nice for them.

HibeePaj
06-10-2010, 09:00 PM

:cool2:

Exiled Hibby
07-10-2010, 03:52 PM

wow....spooky. I had a kid with Adelaide from Albert Street after a few beers...:greengrin