PDA

View Full Version : Rod Petrie must know nothing about football.......

Jim44
06-10-2010, 06:34 PM
.................according to Duff Jimmy. In his article in the Sun (yes, I know):blushie: he claims that, when he was at Easter Road, he taught Petrie everything he knows about football. :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

The_Todd
06-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Still bitter at being sacked, then I assume?

persevere1875
06-10-2010, 06:38 PM
The mans a tool, nuff said :bitchy:

Prawn Sandwich
06-10-2010, 06:39 PM
The difference is 12 years later Rod is still doing something in football and Duffy is just talking about.

poolman
06-10-2010, 06:39 PM
.................according to Duff Jimmy. In his article in the Sun (yes, I know):blushie: he claims that, when he was at Easter Road, he taught Petrie everything he knows about football. :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I read that as well

He's a fud of the highest order, the only thing he did well at ER was to sign a boatload of 1st division players from the same agent and line his own pockets

Fair gives me the boak that git when I hear him spouting his guff on sportsound or whatever its called :grr:

Bob1875
06-10-2010, 06:40 PM
You know I read Duffers comments in the sun today and I thought what a plank. He really tries to talk himself up something rotten. Basically saying that he still sees RP as his apprentice, that's why he's a columnist. I'm getting pissed off at the other managers comments about the Hibs board. They have not been at ER every week for the last year and witnessed what we have so they are not really qualified to comment.

Baldy Foghorn
06-10-2010, 06:45 PM

Read this also. What gives this muppet the right to comment on things that are happening. We were relegated under his leadership thanks to his first division signing policy.... Maybe he should keep his beak out, and stick to the brechins and alloas of this world.... Grade A Fud:grr:

Feed McGraw
06-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh that article got me fair riled up. Duffy, McGhee and Craig Paterson in the media today telling us about "knee jerk reactions "( Duffy ), Hibs " panicked " (McGhee) and finally Paterson - " Season`s just started ".

Aye these fitba`guys really know their stuff.......NOT !!!

BEEJ
06-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Oh that article got me fair riled up. Duffy, McGhee and Craig Paterson in the media today telling us about "knee jerk reactions "( Duffy ), Hibs " panicked " (McGhee) and finally Paterson - " Season`s just started ".

Duffy has an axe to grind and McGhee is defending his own precarious managerial position.

I don't get Paterson though. Where has he been since February? :confused:

Hibs90
06-10-2010, 07:00 PM
I actually thought it was a decent piece until he started slavering that *****. What an utter fud. :agree:

Leithenhibby
06-10-2010, 07:00 PM

I read this article this morning also, but I couldn't be ar$ed giving him my time to post it :rolleyes:

Total tool of the highest order :agree: JD, not you :wink:

hibee4life1983
06-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Jd's a plumb

.Sean.
06-10-2010, 07:06 PM
''...Petrie was my YTS...'' :rotflmao:

Away and fling *****e at yersel, ya baldy-heided Hertz fud.

Kaiser1962
06-10-2010, 07:09 PM
If Duffy did his job half as well as Rod he would be a much sought after football manager rather than spouting nonsense on the radio. Between Duffy and Petrie one needs to give interviews to the Sun to make ends meet, the other dosent.

HibeeMcGinn1
06-10-2010, 08:55 PM
The guy is a first class clown. He has no reason to comment on this. He told Petrie everything he knows? my arse!!!
Having a go about letting managers away to early...was he expecting to get kept on? What a complete t!t of a man.

And removed Mark McGhee, jeeeeeso. What the removed has Hibs got to do with him? Away and shovel removed. The one good thing about him having a go is that he wont be anywhere near the Hibs job...oh its fine hes waiting for the Celtic job anyway :bye:

Criswell
06-10-2010, 11:39 PM
So Jim taught Petrie all he knows about football - sounds about right to me!

ScottB
07-10-2010, 12:49 AM
All this crap is folks bitterness at the Hibs Board.

Jim Duffy - Well, we sacked the fud didn't we.

Other SPL Managers - Because, for the most part, we don't go in for the 'SPL Merrygoround' system of managers, thereby guaranteeing all of these mediocre talking heads another safe seat once they are found out at the club they are at.

The Tabloids - Because we do our business in private, they know hee haw about what is going on inside the club and it drives them nuts. As does our habit of not rolling over and releasing our players to the Old Firm in exchange for a bag of peanuts and a kiss on the cheek. This can be seen in stories a few weeks ago of our woeful form since the middle of last season into 'Hughes sacked after only 7 games' stories.

CB_NO3
07-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Jim Duffy relegated Hibs and Dundee, shows he knows alot. Jim you stick to your £100 a week job writing for The Sun and leave the football to the big boys.

barcahibs
07-10-2010, 01:28 AM
I can actually believe that Jim did teach Petrie everything he knew about football. I wonder what Rod did for the rest of that afternoon? :confused:

I would imagine it can't have taken more than 15 minutes to get across all of Jim's footballing knowledge - and most of that was probably on the correct way to park a helicopter.

Jack
07-10-2010, 04:43 AM
Surely if he taught Rod everything he knows about footy then he is responsible for Yogi getting the sack?
Whit an erkie!

Peevemor
07-10-2010, 06:00 AM
Surely if he taught Rod everything he knows about footy then he is responsible for Yogi getting the job?
Whit an erkie!

Fixed. :agree:

Green_one
07-10-2010, 07:27 AM
The difference is 12 years later Rod is still doing something in football and Duffy is just talking about.

Great reply. :thumbsup:

His very name makes me shiver. Terrible period at Hibs.

Just Jimmy
07-10-2010, 08:15 AM
you could write what duff jimmy knows about football on the back of a stamp in size 16 font.

mans a twat.

banarc7062
07-10-2010, 08:20 AM
All this crap is folks bitterness at the Hibs Board.

Jim Duffy - Well, we sacked the fud didn't we.

Other SPL Managers - Because, for the most part, we don't go in for the 'SPL Merrygoround' system of managers, thereby guaranteeing all of these mediocre talking heads another safe seat once they are found out at the club they are at.

The Tabloids - Because we do our business in private, they know hee haw about what is going on inside the club and it drives them nuts. As does our habit of not rolling over and releasing our players to the Old Firm in exchange for a bag of peanuts and a kiss on the cheek. This can be seen in stories a few weeks ago of our woeful form since the middle of last season into 'Hughes sacked after only 7 games' stories.

Agree with this post :agree:

brog
07-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I haven't read the article, I'm afraid The Sun does not cross my doorstep, even electronically, but I'm sure the posters are correct in their assessment of Duff Jimmy.
However he has one thing spot on, anyone who has ever met the Tache knows that he's not a football man. He was shoehorned into the job & over the years has proved himself a competent administrator & a tough negotiator. His football knowledge has certainly improved over the years but there's no doubt that 12 years ago his knowledge would have been scant at best.

Stevie Reid
07-10-2010, 10:14 AM

Duffy benefitted from a knee jerk reaction when he got the job at ER - we were 4th/5th when Lexo resigned and after being knocked back on our request to speak to McLeish (who was out of contract at the end of the season), the plan was obviously to have Jocky Scott take us through til the end of the season and then go back for McLeish.

Scott was sacked after a 1-1 draw at Pittodrie, when it was a much more difficult place to go, and Aberdeen had equalised deep into injury time - we were 5th/6th in the league I think. We got beat 4-0 at home by Hearts in Duffy's first game in charge, and then fell down the league into a relegation play off.

We all know what happened next. Let players like Keith Wright, Mickey Weir and Kevin McAllister go for nothing or a pittance, whilst spending £100K each on McQuilken, Tosh, Power, David Elliot. I wish the board had been more knee jerk with JD, rather than waiting until we were beaten 6-2 by the team immediately above us in the league (i.e. second bottom), before sacking him.

Duffy ruined in 14 months what Alex Miller built up over ten years. He is a pr!ck and he can **** right off.

Pretty Boy
07-10-2010, 10:15 AM
We should have given Hughes more time according to Duffy.

It was giving that clown more time at Hibs that got us relegated, i'm glad the board have learnt their lesson.

Iain G
07-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Surprised at Craig Paterson if he is having a pop at us, he used to be one of the fairer and more balanced commentators/experts on the game in Scotland when I left the country! Perhaps too many years at the BBC hanging around with Chicko, Preston, Traynor and other fuds have finally dragged him down to their level...