PDA

View Full Version : Pat Nevin

sunshine1875
06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Has wee Pat said anything about the Hibs lately - either in the press or at matches?

Do you think he would be interested in being a manager?

heretoday
06-10-2010, 03:04 PM
No please no.

sunshine1875
06-10-2010, 03:06 PM
No please no.

Why no! Expand......

PeeJay
06-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Why no! Expand......

How about he has no managerial experience?

Berwickhibby
06-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I spoke to Pat on Monday, he is not interested in Management. He also said that he does not hold hold any badges and therefore he cannot be considered. He is happy being involved in his media work.

steakbake
06-10-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm glad. I would be sad to see yet another Hibs hero fall at the managerial hurdle and be remembered for the bad times than the good.

sunshine1875
06-10-2010, 03:32 PM
I spoke to Pat on Monday, he is not interested in Management. He also said that he does not hold hold any badges and therefore he cannot be considered. He is happy being involved in his media work.

Cheers.

basehibby
06-10-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm glad. I would be sad to see yet another Hibs hero fall at the managerial hurdle and be remembered for the bad times than the good.

Much as Pat has tied his colours to the mast I fail to see how he would qualify as a "Hibs Hero" :confused:
Surely just a fan like the rest of us - albeit one with an impressive footballing career behind him who is on the telly.

PS - him as manager would be a non-starter - zero experience, zero badges - nah!

truehibernian
06-10-2010, 04:13 PM

How is his househunting coming on ?

New Corrie
06-10-2010, 04:16 PM

:hilarious

mrdependable
06-10-2010, 05:39 PM
He wont want the job but with his knowledge of Hibs and the game North and South of the Border, he is the sort of person whose views should be sought by Petrie and all involved in appointing a new boss

sesoim
06-10-2010, 05:42 PM
i actually think Nevin COULD have been a good manager - but only with the right assistant. He'd have needed a big mouthed motivator to deal with the players while he works on tactics.

Interestingly, I reckon Hughes would have been much better in that kind of assistant role, with somebody much more intelligent like Nevin in the main job doing all the thinking.

Phil D. Rolls
06-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Has wee Pat said anything about the Hibs lately - either in the press or at matches?

Do you think he would be interested in being a manager?

What do you think? :hmmm:

Never shown any sign of wanting to manage a football team up till now. Run the entire operation, yes, but training and selecting a team, no.

Berwickhibby
06-10-2010, 05:57 PM
How is his househunting coming on ?

Never mentioned anything about house hunting, also as he bought his last two properties from the estate agent my wife works at I might have heard if he was planning a move,

Phil D. Rolls
06-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Never mentioned anything about house hunting, also as he bought his last two properties from the estate agent my wife works at I might have heard if he was planning a move,

Maybe he was swayed to a new estate agent after they started to sponsor Hibs?

Berwickhibby
06-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Maybe he was swayed to a new estate agent after they started to sponsor Hibs?

Sorry wrong estate agent, :greengrin He purchased through a small family run business in Berwick upon Tweed

greenlex
06-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Has he ever been on a 26 bus?

truehibernian
06-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Sorry wrong estate agent, :greengrin He purchased through a small family run business in Berwick upon Tweed

He was interested in a house just down the road from me. Viewed it twice recently. BBC must be paying him well :greengrin

Billy Whizz
06-10-2010, 06:56 PM
He was interested in a house just down the road from me. Viewed it twice recently. BBC must be paying him well :greengrin

And Channel 4&5 and his newspaper columns.

Phil D. Rolls
06-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Has he ever been on a 26 bus?

What was the origin of that story again? I seem to remember it had something to do with the time Gullit was getting tipped for the janitor's job at the PBS.

heretoday
07-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Why no! Expand......

No experience and no current hands-on involvement in football. He's a talking head.

It's tempting to wish for a dream ticket management - Pat Nevin with Stanton on one shoulder and, say, Collins on the other with The Proclaimers making the tea in the dressing room. I do it all the time.

On this occasion though I reckon Hibs should go for a stranger.

IanM
07-10-2010, 07:38 AM
i seen him when i was playing badminton last week .. nothing more to add