PDA

View Full Version : Martin McIntosh

LancashireHibby
06-10-2010, 01:43 PM
One ex-player who won't be in the frame for the job (http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/worksop-town-manager-3184/) :wink:

TRC
06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
£250000 took me by suprise that didi jeezus.

iwasthere1972
06-10-2010, 02:20 PM
£250000 took me by suprise that didi jeezus.

Sold on for £125K and only made 13 appearances for us. £10K an appearance plus his wages.

I didn't see him play but he must have been top notch. I'm embarrassed to say I've never heard of him. :doh:

Aubenas
06-10-2010, 02:38 PM
I thought he was a reasonable centre half - certainly compared to some we've had, and was quite surprised when he was moved on. Dunno if there were issues behind the scene because he sudenly dropped out the team and was never picked again.

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Made his debut at ER against Celtc in a 2-1 win for the Cabbage, Scored a goal that night that was WRONGLY ruled out.

easty
06-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Didnt he score a quality free kick for us against someone?

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Didnt he score a quality free kick for us against someone?

No sure, But scored an absolute peach for Hamilton up at Todders one year.

BEEJ
06-10-2010, 07:06 PM
I thought he was a reasonable centre half - certainly compared to some we've had, and was quite surprised when he was moved on. Dunno if there were issues behind the scene because he sudenly dropped out the team and was never picked again.
:agree: I liked him.

But McLeish seemed to go off him for some reason after that cup semi-final defeat at Hampden against Aberdeen.

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 07:11 PM

But McLeish seemed to go off him for some reason after that cup semi-final defeat at Hampden against Aberdeen.

Quite strange but i was in the bath earlier on and the 1st programme i picked up to read was his debut at ER!!...Mcleish talks about how he tracked the player for months and was delighted to have him on board..

Baader
06-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Good player who never really got going at ER. Would absolutely walk into one of the centre back positions now.

Bit unfortunate as we had a mean defence back then.

Thanks to Franck!

:sauzee:

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Never mind MM...How underrated was Paul Fenwick? Would cake walk right into the heart of this defence right now.

BEEJ
06-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Quite strange but i was in the bath earlier on and the 1st programme i picked up to read was his debut at ER!!...Mcleish talks about how he tracked the player for months and was delighted to have him on board..
:agree: Aye, he must have thought he was the business at the beginning.

lyonhibs
06-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Never mind MM...How underrated was Paul Fenwick? Would cake walk right into the heart of this defence right now.

With his eyes closed and his thumb up his erse, he'd still get in. The back 3 of Smith, Sauzee and Fenwick were great for us, and Smith/Fenwick did a lot of the donkey work.

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 07:49 PM
:agree: Aye, he must have thought he was the business at the beginning.

:agree:

Signed him for quite a wedge in they days :agree:

Altho..Nowadays that wedge would be most welcome!

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 07:51 PM
With his eyes closed and his thumb up his erse, he'd still get in. The back 3 of Smith, Sauzee and Fenwick were great for us, and Smith/Fenwick did a lot of the donkey work.

:agree:

Each player knew what the other was doing and the communication through out matches was brilliant..Bawling at each other every 2 minutes..Talking each other through the 90 minutes.

Baader
06-10-2010, 07:51 PM

Hmm. Smith was a good player but Fenwick went to pieces once Franck became boss and was no longer playing alongside him. Fenwick had ability but his decision making wasn't the best. Remember Franck basically telling him where to stand and pointing in his direction a lot when they played together.

That back three was solid though. Think we conceded the least in the SPL that season. If not only Rangers let in less...

Hiber-nation
06-10-2010, 07:57 PM

Did he not get an injury at the end of that season? I hardly remember him in a Hibs jersey in 2000-01, an away game at Pittodrie springs to mind later in the season.

But I think he did fall out with McLeish at some point.

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Did he not get an injury at the end of that season? I hardly remember him in a Hibs jersey in 2000-01, an away game at Pittodrie springs to mind later in the season.

I have a vague memory Of Fenwick Running down his contract and not getting offered a new one..Was made to train with the youths.

Not a hundred percent accurate, Maybe some other can enlighten us.

CropleyWasGod
06-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I have a vague memory Of Fenwick Running down his contract and not getting offered a new one..Was made to train with the youths.

Not a hundred percent accurate, Maybe some other can enlighten us.

I thought it was more a case of getting rid of the high earners at the time. Was that not when the Sky deal collapsed? Maybe PF didn't like the "revised" terms ( ie none) on offer and had a strop... as one would.

WindyMiller
06-10-2010, 08:04 PM

What an image that conjures up! :faint:

Baader
06-10-2010, 08:12 PM
As an aside and totally off topic, I recall Paul Fenwick used to post on here under the name of Moose. Remember it as someone had criticised him saying he was laughing whilst sitting in the stand as we conceded a bad goal. This was when things were starting to go a bit wrong under Eck shortly before he left and Fenwick replied to the poster...

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 08:14 PM
What an image that conjures up! :faint:

:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
06-10-2010, 08:27 PM

This quote made me smile in some non erotic way:greengrin

Do you have a stack of programmes by the bath in the cludgie?

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 08:30 PM
This quote made me smile in some non erotic way:greengrin

Do you have a stack of programmes by the bath in the cludgie?

:hilarious

Ive got loads of programmes i love reading in the bath :thumbsup:

:wink:

BEEJ
06-10-2010, 10:00 PM

:agree: Injury didn't help his cause, as I recall.

easty
06-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I thought it was more a case of getting rid of the high earners at the time. Was that not when the Sky deal collapsed? Maybe PF didn't like the "revised" terms ( ie none) on offer and had a strop... as one would.

Aye thats how I remember it as well.

3pm
06-10-2010, 10:26 PM
MM sent off at the PBS when they ***** won 2-1 in McManus' debut. Back 3 of Sauzee, Smith and Fenwick for the 1st game of the new season against Hearts (where Agathe missed), kept a clean sheet and the rest is history as they say.