PDA

View Full Version : Chick Youngs View

Tricla
06-10-2010, 01:34 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9063905.stm

IMO a very good piece from an otherwise tool of a man.

Especially this bit:-

And it wasn't his fault that the board couldn't weather the supporters' storm.

Frankly, I find the impatience of boards and fans to be utterly over the top, a modern phenomenon spawned by the buy-and-bin philosophy of a world now seemingly incapable of waiting for a bus far less the evolution of a football club.

Chairman Rod Petrie, who tends to be allergic to media interviews, has promised the club's shareholders at their annual meeting that they will take their time to make the right appointment

Fair enough. But is that not what he should have done in the first place?

My faith in Hibs appointing the right man is low. My faith in our 'support' giving him an environment in which he can flourish (especially if things start off slowly) is non existant.

alex74
06-10-2010, 01:37 PM
who cares what that bluenose knob says

Woody1985
06-10-2010, 01:38 PM
The bit about he should have got the right one the first time is in hindsight and just utter pish anyone could write.

The fans wanted yogi, if rp appointed someone else and they were gash we'd be moaning that we never got yogi.

There's no doubt for me this next appointment is the biggest for years now that everything else is in place.

bighairyfaeleith
06-10-2010, 01:40 PM
The mans a tool

The bottom line is we have been playing keech for months and losing for months. The decision wasn't rash, it was overdue.

A manager that is good enough will get time, it's not rocket science and it aint the fans fault either, thats just an easy way out for people not to do things properly.

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 01:47 PM
The bit about he should have got the right one the first time is in hindsight and just utter pish anyone could write.

The fans wanted yogi, if rp appointed someone else and they were gash we'd be moaning that we never got yogi.

There's no doubt for me this next appointment is the biggest for years now that everything else is in place.

The "next appointment" - why do I get the feeling we will be going through this whole thing again in around 12 months.

As mych as Chick Young usually spouts nonsense, I completely agree with him, which will come as no supprise if you look through my previous posts, I did not want Yogi to go.

I think this season he was probably working towards big changes at the club, hence all the run down contracts. His success in his first season should have allowed him a year to work up to shaping his team. The money he generated from signing Stokes for our board to sell should have in part been given back for the half year transfer / summer transfer.

Year one - 4th place, europe, and made the club over £1m - how that is bad I will never know.

But no, panic stations, AGM coming up, a few people booing and lets just rip the plug out, that will get the board through one awkward evening - are we really in a better place now than we were on Sunday night? Will we be in a better place in 1 weeks time? If the penalty against ICT, or one of the De Graff chances had gone in would he be away? We would be two points of third even when playing badly with a harder run of games - I dont think he would be.

The line is a fine one, it is even finer if you manage Hibs it would seem.

I believe Yogi had a view as to how he wanted to build the team over the next 1-2 seasons, I am disappointed that the board did not show the faith I think he earned the season before.

MB62
06-10-2010, 01:48 PM

Especially this bit:-.

Frankly, I find the impatience of boards and fans to be utterly over the top, a modern phenomenon spawned by the buy-and-bin philosophy of a world now seemingly incapable of waiting for a bus far less the evolution of a football club.

That's fine for Chick Young to say but if Hibs get relegated because our manager has not performed as hoped for, he still gets to report on HIbs in the first division while it costs our club millions of pounds.
This has not been an over reaction to a poor start to this season but to reults and performnces for the whole of 2010. We have been on a steady decline since the turn of the year and despite numerous new signings during the summer transfer window, we were still tumbling down the league.
It's easy to say 'give the manager time' but who was going to pay the cost of relegation if it happened? certainly NOT Chick Young that's for sure.

Maybe if we had a 16 or 18 team league again where clubs have a bit more breathing space, managers would be afforded more time to turn things round, unfortunately in the present set up, managers don't have that luxury.

Let's see if he still holds that opinion next season if the 'cheeky chappy' sends the sons of darkness down the table.

emmjayfox
06-10-2010, 01:50 PM
chick wasnt the one forking out good money to watch that gash every other week.

patlowe
06-10-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't understand this finance vs success argument that people keep going on about (people like Chick Young who have no grasp of what actually goes on outside the OF). Petrie backed Collins to splash the cash on duds, he backed Mixu to outbid others for Murray, Nish and Riordan and he backed Hughes to get players like Stokes and Miller. All of those managers were given greater backing than any other non-OF team (bar the crazies at Tynie) by a mile. It's not the board's fault if the managers fluffed their lines*. Hibs are not, as Chick says, "flush" with cash, so lets end this nonsense.

*I understand that the article is more about the decision to sack Yogi than hibs' unwillingness to spend money, this is more in response to the crap that has been spouted by him, and others, in the media and on here in the last few days.

Arch Stanton
06-10-2010, 02:01 PM
He does sometimes come out with some entertaining stuff but deep down the guy is an idiot.

"John Hughes, it seemed to me, looked equipped with the tools of the management job."

And for this reason Chick Young thinks that Hughes should still be out using his tools at East Mains.

I don't think so!

PPZPOL
06-10-2010, 02:03 PM
The comments about RP being "allergic" to doing inverviews just makes Chick Young look bitter that he (and his other journalist pals) get no inside scoop from Hibs. The fact RP runs a very tight ship and does not spray nonense in every paper, radio or tv interview just makes these guys annoyed at the way Hibs are run and they end up having to make up there own stories about Hibs. They get nowt from inside the club so they manufacture tosh that people often believe. It's a shame someone who is as big a diddy as Chick Young can be heard and more importantly BELIEVED so much. That's the press though, if they just wrote what they knew the paper would be rather empty and nobody would buy it.

Chick Young knows as much as me about what's happening behind the scenes at Hibs - i.e. NOTHING.

alex74
06-10-2010, 02:09 PM
The "next appointment" - why do I get the feeling we will be going through this whole thing again in around 12 months.

As mych as Chick Young usually spouts nonsense, I completely agree with him, which will come as no supprise if you look through my previous posts, I did not want Yogi to go.

I think this season he was probably working towards big changes at the club, hence all the run down contracts. His success in his first season should have allowed him a year to work up to shaping his team. The money he generated from signing Stokes for our board to sell should have in part been given back for the half year transfer / summer transfer.

Year one - 4th place, europe, and made the club over £1m - how that is bad I will never know.

But no, panic stations, AGM coming up, a few people booing and lets just rip the plug out, that will get the board through one awkward evening - are we really in a better place now than we were on Sunday night? Will we be in a better place in 1 weeks time? If the penalty against ICT, or one of the De Graff chances had gone in would he be away? We would be two points of third even when playing badly with a harder run of games - I dont think he would be.

I believe Yogi had a view as to how he wanted to build the team over the next 1-2 seasons, I am disappointed that the board did not show the faith I think he earned the season before.
thank god the board never kept the faith we would be in 2nd division in 2year

Stevie Reid
06-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Utter sheeyite: -

State-of-the-art training complexes and impressive new grandstands are all very well, but the pressing need is to put a winning team on the pitch.
The alternative is like building an ocean-going super-yacht in the middle of the desert.

It is, you might argue, the lesser of two evils given that those who run Dundee have acted like hapless idiots, dragging the club down the road to oblivion.

The lesser of two evils, with the other being the club going out of business? Right then. God forbid we should have a solid infrastructure in place that every future manager can benefit from, rather than risk letting one p!ss it up against the wall and ruin it for his successors. Oh and Stokes and Miller weren't cheap, there are no grumbles with the wage bill, which is technically too high.

I know for a fact that Gordon Chisholm and Billy Dodds found reality to be some distance from the temptation they thought they were yielding to when they quit Queen of the South for Tayside.

An accusation that can never be levelled at the Hibs board, the realities and criteria for a new manager are always clearly laid out.

John Hughes, it seemed to me, looked equipped with the tools of the management job.
Fan power won in the end. It usually does.

No it didn't - I supported Yogi for as long as he was at the club, but the St. Johnstone game was the point that I lost all faith in him - a man who refuses to make subs when the team is losing and playing poorly, is a man who is waiting for a miracle to happen, not a man with a plan. Whilst some supporters made their feelings clear over the last few games, attendances were still not too bad and it was hardly fan power that pushed him out the door - though things definitely would only have gotten worse, had the slide continued.

It can't all be the fault of the now unemployed John Hughes. It wasn't his decision to flog Anthony Stokes to Celtic as the transfer window slammed shut with no hope of a suitable replacement.

Should've read what Rod said this morning, Numbnuts.

Chairman Rod Petrie, who tends to be allergic to media interviews, has promised the club's shareholders at their annual meeting that they will take their time to make the right appointment.

What a hypocritical little ***** - Chick Young and his like have a job for these very reasons. And to suggest that time wasn't taken to prior to appointing Yogi or any other recent manager is insulting. And why on earth should RP give interviews - surely a product of the modern game that CY despises so much is the media profile of many CEOs and Chairmen who should really stay behind the desk, like Rod does?

GTF Young

ulises_trotter
06-10-2010, 02:20 PM

State-of-the-art training complexes and impressive new grandstands are all very well, but the pressing need is to put a winning team on the pitch.
The alternative is like building an ocean-going super-yacht in the middle of the desert.

It is, you might argue, the lesser of two evils given that those who run Dundee have acted like hapless idiots, dragging the club down the road to oblivion.

The lesser of two evils, with the other being the club going out of business? Right then. God forbid we should have a solid infrastructure in place that every future manager can benefit from, rather than risk letting one p!ss it up against the wall and ruin it for his successors. Oh and Stokes and Miller weren't cheap, there are no grumbles with the wage bill, which is technically too high.

I know for a fact that Gordon Chisholm and Billy Dodds found reality to be some distance from the temptation they thought they were yielding to when they quit Queen of the South for Tayside.

An accusation that can never be levelled at the Hibs board, the realities and criteria for a new manager are always clearly laid out.

John Hughes, it seemed to me, looked equipped with the tools of the management job.

No it didn't - I supported Yogi for as long as he was at the club, but the St. Johnstone game was the point that I lost all faith in him - a man who refuses to make subs when the team is losing and playing poorly, is a man who is waiting for a miracle to happen, not a man with a plan. Whilst some supporters made their feelings clear over the last few games, attendances were still not too bad and it was hardly fan power that pushed him out the door - though things definitely would only have gotten worse, had the slide continued.

It can't all be the fault of the now unemployed John Hughes. It wasn't his decision to flog Anthony Stokes to Celtic as the transfer window slammed shut with no hope of a suitable replacement.

Chairman Rod Petrie, who tends to be allergic to media interviews, has promised the club's shareholders at their annual meeting that they will take their time to make the right appointment.

What a hypocritical little ***** - Chick Young and his like have a job for these very reasons. And to suggest that time wasn't taken to prior to appointing Yogi or any other recent manager is insulting. And why on earth should RP give interviews - surely a product of the modern game that CY despises so much is the media profile of many CEOs and Chairmen who should really stay behind the desk, like Rod does?

GTF Young

:top marks

exactly my thoughts...

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 02:28 PM
thank god the board never kept the faith we would be in 2nd division in 2year

Dont think so.

Kaiser1962
06-10-2010, 02:34 PM
I have no doubt this is correct AH. If the new man does not improve results then he too will be leaving. If he does well chick dung and others will have him moving to every managerial vacancy from the top half of English Div 1 upwards.

alex74
06-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Dont think so.
well a better get my shoes on and get down to specksavers obviously i have been watching something else

littleplum
06-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Hang on.

"John Hughes, it seemed to me, looked equipped with the tools of the management job."

Then 2 paragraphs later he says:

"...they will take their time to make the right appointment.

Fair enough. But is that not what he should have done in the first place?"

So John Hughes was the right man, but RP should have taken longer to find the right man?

It's one, the other, or neither, Chick. Not both.

silverhibee
06-10-2010, 03:05 PM

He is gone, get over it.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2010, 03:06 PM
well a better get my shoes on and get down to specksavers obviously i have been watching something else

Definitely no relation to Andy then? :wink:

silverhibee
06-10-2010, 03:08 PM

GTF Young

keep the faith
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM

GTF Young

:agree: what he said!

ahibby
06-10-2010, 03:12 PM
I've kind of stuck up for Chick in the past but I can't defend him on this article. He seems to blame the supporters for pressurising the board, yet if he was a Hibs fan watching Hibs win, is it four in thirty odd games, you can bet your bottom dollar he would be complaining too. Is it me or do those people like Chick who don't pay to come and see Hibs week in week out have a misplaced assumption that they have the right to knock fans for helping oust a manager who has clearly failed at ER? Chick needs to get real. For whatever reason, Yogi failed. The board gave him a chance and ultimately it backfired. He assumes the board can't be trusted to appoint a successful successor (he he). I might go along with him on that one and surely this has to be as much a test of the board as any new manager, no?

alex74
06-10-2010, 03:15 PM
andy who

SouthMoroccoStu
06-10-2010, 03:27 PM
chick wasnt the one forking out good money to watch that gash every other week.

erin go bragh
06-10-2010, 03:29 PM

we know its you chipper:wink:

Twa Cairpets
06-10-2010, 03:35 PM
....I think this season he was probably working towards big changes at the club, hence all the run down contracts. His success in his first season should have allowed him a year to work up to shaping his team. The money he generated from signing Stokes for our board to sell should have in part been given back for the half year transfer / summer transfer....

From another thread, these are the players out of contract in the summer or January:

Riordan
Miller
Bamba
Zemmama
McBride
Galbraith
Smith
Stack
Dickoh
Duffy
Trakys
Thicot
Rankin
Nish
Hogg
Grounds

Well over half signed by Yogi. This suggests (to me anyway) that his reshaping of the team was well underway, but being managed in what would seem at face value to be bizarre.

Equally, if this was the football plan/strategy for the club, and this was how it was discussed and presumably agreed with the board, then he was relieved because it patently wasnt working and/or the board had little or no faith in his ability to deliver it.

alex74
06-10-2010, 03:42 PM
From another thread, these are the players out of contract in the summer or January:

Riordan
Miller
Bamba
Zemmama
McBride
Galbraith
Smith
Stack
Dickoh
Duffy
Trakys
Thicot
Rankin
Nish
Hogg
Grounds

Well over half signed by Yogi. This suggests (to me anyway) that his reshaping of the team was well underway, but being managed in what would seem at face value to be bizarre.

Equally, if this was the football plan/strategy for the club, and this was how it was discussed and presumably agreed with the board, then he was relieved because it patently wasnt working and/or the board had little or no faith in his ability to deliver it.
tiptop

Phil D. Rolls
06-10-2010, 03:48 PM

Especially this bit:-

Chairman Rod Petrie, who tends to be allergic to media interviews, has promised the club's shareholders at their annual meeting that they will take their time to make the right appointment

My faith in Hibs appointing the right man is low. My faith in our 'support' giving him an environment in which he can flourish (especially if things start off slowly) is non existant.

IMO a press release from Yogi, tidied up by Chick's PA, and presented as journalism.

silverhibee
06-10-2010, 03:49 PM

:tee hee:

hibiedude
06-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Chick Young is a tool so why would anyone want to listen to what he says.

Cropley10
06-10-2010, 04:55 PM
andy who

There's another poster on here Andy74 who is the most positive optimistic pro Board Hibs poster on here!

greenlex
06-10-2010, 05:34 PM
:tee hee:

I liked it too Silver but a distinct lack of smilies on the mobile version of .net put me off posting your very reply. Thank you.

KeithTheHibby
06-10-2010, 05:48 PM

There was no sign that Hughes could turn it around, our bad run has lasted since January!

sesoim
06-10-2010, 05:56 PM

Speak for yourself. I didn't want him, he clearly wasn't clever enough for the job but some fans like yourself were taken in.

Baader
06-10-2010, 05:56 PM
They have now had 10 attempts in 12 years. They don't do big business in gold watches for loyalty down at Easter Road.

Chic Young should get his research right. We have not had 10 managers in this time. You cannot include interims in this stat and even if you do, he's still wrong!

Ten managerial appointments back you would be looking at John Blackley's!

Since Alex Miller was sacked in 1996 we've had eight appointments since - soon to be nine.

So that's nine in 14 years. Indeed, if you want to use his figure of 10 managers then it is 10 in 24 years due to Miller's time at the club. That's twice as long as Chic makes out. Big difference!

Staggeringly lazy journalism. Doesn't even know what he's writing about...

sesoim
06-10-2010, 06:01 PM
They have now had 10 attempts in 12 years. They don't do big business in gold watches for loyalty down at Easter Road.

Chic Young should get his research right. We have not had 10 managers in this time. You cannot include interims in this stat and even if you do, he's still wrong!

Ten managerial appointments back you would be looking at John Blackley's!

Since Alex Miller was sacked in 1996 we've had eight appointments since - soon to be nine.

So that's nine in 14 years. Incredibly lazy journalism. Doesn't even know what he's writing about...

:agree: AND, it wasn't our choice to lose McLeish or Mowbray. Mowbray would probably still be in charge now if it was Hibs' choice.

db03
06-10-2010, 06:02 PM
If either of the old firm had the run of results we have had then they too would have been calling for a change in management, i.e Tony Mowbray at celtic. As for Chick Young his opinion means nothing to me, my opinion is better than his opinion in my opinion ;) after all I pay my money week after week to watch Hibs.

hibiedude
06-10-2010, 06:03 PM
There was no sign that Hughes could turn it around, our bad run has lasted since January!

Are people actually saying we should have stuck with Yogi because he might have turned things around

As you say there was no evidence that improvement was taking place under Yogi's leadership in fact it was quite the opposite hence the position we find ourselves in the league.

I wish the Man all the best in the lower leagues because he's not qualified for the sharp end of management.

Phil D. Rolls
06-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Are people actually saying we should have stuck with Yogi because he might have turned things around

As you say there was no evidence that improvement was taking place under Yogi's leadership in fact it was quite the opposite hence the position we find ourselves in the league.

I wish the Man all the best in the lower leagues because he's not qualified for the sharp end of management.

You have to be careful with what you read on these message boards. Many are infiltrated by Jambos.

At least that's what Yogi said.

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 06:57 PM

Maybe you should mate, watch you dont trip over you laces.

He is gone, get over it.

You are an idiot, I made a post related to a subject matter of this thread, what the **** do you want me to say?

Maybe you should think about writing something of relevance rather than selecting a post, wasting your time and more importantly other by having to read you rubbish one-liners.

Alfred E Newman
06-10-2010, 07:03 PM
If either of the old firm had the run of results we have had then they too would have been calling for a change in management, i.e Tony Mowbray at celtic. As for Chick Young his opinion means nothing to me, my opinion is better than his opinion in my opinion ;) after all I pay my money week after week to watch Hibs.

:agree:
If either of the Old Firm were to drop out the top two all hell would break loose, and Chic would be right there spouting his pish.
As has been posted, he hasn`t had to pay to watch the dross being dished up at ER for the last 9 months, if he had he might be thinking differently.

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 07:11 PM

Riordan
Miller
Bamba
Zemmama
McBride
Galbraith
Smith
Stack
Dickoh
Duffy
Trakys
Thicot
Rankin
Nish
Hogg
Grounds

I make it half. Why not make players play for a contract from the start of the season? Dont frequently at all clubs throughout the world - I guess that would mean you would prefer that Hibs did not do it! Get Real.

Dickho / Grounds - replacement for Bamba whos move ended up not going ahead (no wonder!) Short term to get to Jan window end of season.

Miller / McBride - starting 11 and among his first signing. Both off the boil over the end of last season - why give them a new contract then, and in the first week of a new season?

Smith / Stack - to me something went wrong at the last window to end up with three keepers - maybe one deal did not look like it was going ahead - lets be honest we have all been moaning that we never have a good keeper.

Duffy / Trakys - The first to replace a player going out, again a deal to the end of the season, the later because we had to.

How you cant see that they above with the exception of the midfield was designed to get us to a stage and allow rebuilding I will never know - but regardless its my opinion and that is exactly what it reeks of to me.

Our board have no bottle - I have been of the opinion that if the AGM was not last week Yogi would still be in a job. They failed to back him, just like they failed to stand up to celtic when they took stokes at the 11th hour. Weak.

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 07:23 PM

Cha cha cha, someone on one of the other threads was talking about the bad run stat and the people that use it:blah:

He had us finish in 4th, we went on a 14 game unbeaten run at the start of last season, why dont you think that could have happened again this year. In terms of actual result he has more of a success to his name than a failure - our end position in the league is ultimatly what a team is judged on.

If Riordan scored his pen, De Graff put away one or two of the four open goals he has missed we would be in a much different position, in fact we would probably be in a great league position. Those are player errors, nothing the manager can do from the side.

But Yogi is gone, the boo boys have what we wanted and we are now on to our 75th manager is 6 weeks - they do say give them what the fans want, shame some want that more than other things!

Twa Cairpets
06-10-2010, 07:36 PM
I make it half. Why not make players play for a contract from the start of the season? Dont frequently at all clubs throughout the world - I guess that would mean you would prefer that Hibs did not do it! Get Real. Add Galbraith and its over half. Nit picking maybe.

Dickho / Grounds - replacement for Bamba whos move ended up not going ahead (no wonder!) Short term to get to Jan window end of season. Hanlon, Hogg, Thicot, Murray, Stevenson, Stephens. I'd say that was adequate cover for one player. Why did he buy Stephens? Looked good in Holland when he played over there but getting skelfs and bringing in a short term deal player.

Miller / McBride - starting 11 and among his first signing. Both off the boil over the end of last season - why give them a new contract then, and in the first week of a new season? Because you wither think they are good enough or you dont. I thought your whole defense of Yogi was based on slating the short-termism of the board and fans? And now you're suggesting we adopt exactly that attitude for players? Whats the saying - "form is temporary, class is permanent"?

Smith / Stack - to me something went wrong at the last window to end up with three keepers - maybe one deal did not look like it was going ahead - lets be honest we have all been moaning that we never have a good keeper.

Or maybe he thought 3 goalies was a good use of resources. All 3 have played this year, which suggests he didnt know who he trusted. A bizarre situation for a club Hibs' size.

Duffy / Trakys - The first to replace a player going out, again a deal to the end of the season, the later because we had to.
If the club are truthful that he was horsed for non football reasons, the requirement to get a replacement in would have been known long before the window. Signing a player to the end of the season doesnt, again, exactly breed confidence in the signing(s).

How you cant see that they above with the exception of the midfield was designed to get us to a stage and allow rebuilding I will never know - but regardless its my opinion and that is exactly what it reeks of to me.
Your whole post reeks of something else entirely to me, but rebuilding suggests a plan. I make it nine out of the eleven starting players against St Johnstone are out of contract at the end of the season. That would - to me at least - be a somewhat wholesale dismantling of a team he had eighteen months to develop, with a foundation for rebuild of Hart and Wotherspoon (the latter of whom you think, if I recall correctly from an earlier thread, is at best mediocre). Not good.

Our board have no bottle - I have been of the opinion that if the AGM was not last week Yogi would still be in a job. They failed to back him, just like they failed to stand up to celtic when they took stokes at the 11th hour. Weak.

Read the notes from the AGM re Stokes. The club wanted rid, and the player wanted to go. The board quite clearly did back Yogi, strongly, and consistently through every window.

By the way, is there anything you actually like about Hibs? Youve slagged the players, the board and the fans (both collectively and individually). Does tend to lead one to certain conclusions...

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Chick Young's a fud.

Stopped listening to him when he went Grey and lost his Hair.

Kens the sqaure rout of F.ALL about fitba and is in general a nippy barsteward.

alex74
06-10-2010, 07:52 PM
There's another poster on here Andy74 who is the most positive optimistic pro Board Hibs poster on here!
alrite m8 cheers for the info:agree:

alex74
06-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Add Galbraith and its over half. Nit picking maybe.

Hanlon, Hogg, Thicot, Murray, Stevenson, Stephens. I'd say that was adequate cover for one player. Why did he buy Stephens? Looked good in Holland when he played over there but getting skelfs and bringing in a short term deal player.

Because you wither think they are good enough or you dont. I thought your whole defense of Yogi was based on slating the short-termism of the board and fans? And now you're suggesting we adopt exactly that attitude for players? Whats the saying - "form is temporary, class is permanent"?

Or maybe he thought 3 goalies was a good use of resources. All 3 have played this year, which suggests he didnt know who he trusted. A bizarre situation for a club Hibs' size.

If the club are truthful that he was horsed for non football reasons, the requirement to get a replacement in would have been known long before the window. Signing a player to the end of the season doesnt, again, exactly breed confidence in the signing(s).

Your whole post reeks of something else entirely to me, but rebuilding suggests a plan. I make it nine out of the eleven starting players against St Johnstone are out of contract at the end of the season. That would - to me at least - be a somewhat wholesale dismantling of a team he had eighteen months to develop, with a foundation for rebuild of Hart and Wotherspoon (the latter of whom you think, if I recall correctly from an earlier thread, is at best mediocre). Not good.

Read the notes from the AGM re Stokes. The club wanted rid, and the player wanted to go. The board quite clearly did back Yogi, strongly, and consistently through every window.

By the way, is there anything you actually like about Hibs? Youve slagged the players, the board and the fans (both collectively and individually). Does tend to lead one to certain conclusions...good point m8 he obviously dosent have a clue about how the game should be played,hes better goin to watch the big team lol:thumbsup:

Keith_M
06-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Chick Young's View

Well it used to be of David Murray's navel but I'm not sure if he's that keen any more.

:greengrin

Littlest Hobo
06-10-2010, 10:13 PM
have been thrown around and abused by a series of owners like a dodgy magazine among teenage boys.

:faf:

Ed De Gramo
06-10-2010, 10:33 PM
If Rod chooses not to talk to the press then fair play to him.....

More media bull***** from the bigot brother backers....

I'd rather a chairman that says nowt than a chairman bleating about the injustices etc...

Chic Young GTF....ya squeaky voiced, blue nosed welt!

banarc7062
07-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Cannae understand why you all bother reading Chick Young's comments or any of the weegie press slant on things. They are not worth bothering about. :grr: