PDA

View Full Version : NHC Liverpool bought over by more Americans

Ritchie
06-10-2010, 06:19 AM
On SSN this morning.

The owners of the Boston Red Soxs have bought Liverpool (aslong as the deal is approved by the premier league)

Wonder what the fans will think about having finally got rid of hicks & gillet only to be replaced by more clueless Americans! :rolleyes:

Keith_M
06-10-2010, 07:28 AM
If I was a Liverpool fan, I'd want to know if this is yet another 'Leveraged Takeover'. The whole thing with Dumb and Dumber, as with the ManU takeover, stunk to high heaven. You buy a club that you can't afford, take on loans at ridiculously high interest rates then pass the loan over to the club to repay (via higher costs for the supporters). Et voila, you suddenly have an asset that you couldn't afford but find a way to force some other poor sucker into paying for it.

If the EPL had any balls, they'd find some way to protect clubs from that cr*p. The fact that they've yet to use the 'Fit and Proper Persons' rule to protect even one club says to me that they haven't.

Green_one
06-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Man United scenario. Not good. The combination of American sports and British football is not a happy one.

Pretty Boy
06-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Very thin ice that some of these English clubs are skating on these days.

Man United and Liverpool could find themselves in big (bigger?) trouble in the not to distant future. You can already see with Man Utd that they are struggling to attract the quality of player they used to, whether this is due to a lack of funds or players viewing the current fans v board scenario as undesirable. Liverpool haven't bought wisely for a few years (with a few exceptions) now but again with current finances and boardroom scenario it could get a lot worse for them.

_hucks_
06-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote fresh from facebook from a diehard Liverpool mate, probably sums up a lot of what the support are feeling:

"As long as Hicks and Gillett leave with £0 profit, we've had the last laugh! But now it looks like we've got more f***in Yank s**m to deal with, they have proven time and again they can't be trusted, they have no morals, no conscience, no concept of passion! The only way to secure the future of our club is for the fans to take over ownership. NEW ENGLAND SPORTS VENTURES OUT!!!"

J-C
06-10-2010, 08:35 AM
The owner John Henry has a personal wealth of around 1.2 Billion dollars, when they bought the Red Sox for $700 million, they took them to their first world series win in 86 years. Some owners from the States are obviously better than others, Hicks took the Texas Rangers to the brink of bankrupcy.

easty
06-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Liverpool need some serious investment in the playing squad if they're to achieve anything. Far too reliant on Gerrard. Players like Kyriakos, Konchesky, N'gog and Lucas just arent good enough.

JE89
06-10-2010, 08:58 AM
What ashame. Imagine being taken over by a guy with 1.2 billion. My heart bleeds for there unfortunate supporters. I hope it isn't as hard for them as it is for those poor poor United fans. Imagine only winning the Champions League once this decade :yawn:

Antifa Hibs
06-10-2010, 08:59 AM
What ashame. Imagine being taken over by a guy with 1.2 billion. My heart bleeds for there unfortunate supporters. I hope it isn't as hard for them as it is for those poor poor United fans. Imagine only winning the Champions League once this decade :yawn:

ZZZZzzz :yawn:

Aubenas
06-10-2010, 09:39 AM
You can never tell - but the Red Sox appear to be run well with big consideration to tradition and support. Went on a great tour of Fenway park this Summer and the whole place reeks ofd tradition and respect for the past. At the same time the facilities have been upgraded to acceptable standard without wrecking the old ground's atmosphere. They seemed to be people who did things the right way. Could actually be good news for Liverpool.